• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was mostly using Rosalina as an indicator that characters don't really have to be important to their series to be in Smash.

And I provided other examples too (Roy and Jigglypuff).
Rosalina's important to the Galaxy games, though?
Roy's also important in the outside-of-Smash marketing sense.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly if it was me i'd cut all of fire emblem, add anna and tiki and call it a day

but i know i'm the only one with that opinion, so. . . . . . :'^))))))

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
There's always the chance the render was modified before this picture was taken. Just saying.
I don't think so. They had prototype Inkling amiibo at E3, using their Ultimate pose. The official pose would have had to been complete awhile ago for that to be possible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And considering how much they look at the anime for Pokemon shenanigans, Jigglypuff isn't really all that astounding either.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Two games out of how many Mario games? (three with 3DW, I'll give you that, but I thought I read somewhere she was a late addition? not sure)

And that's a series where the character cast isn't constantly changing, so they could easily shove her in more games (like 3DW).

and Roy still isn't very important to his series, especially compared to other Lords/main characters. If he wasn't lucky to get in Smash, I doubt he'd even have the marketing he does today.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Assuming the Simon Belmont rumor/leak is true. (And I think its REALLY likely)
Which Simon would you want?
> NES Simon
> Pretty Boy Simon
> Edgelord Simon
> Bearded Simon

I feel like if Simon is added he has a good shot at having 2 outfits. I personally think Nes and Pretty boy would be best choices

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Two games out of how many Mario games? (three with 3DW, I'll give you that, but I thought I read somewhere she was a late addition? not sure)

And that's a series where the character cast isn't constantly changing, so they could easily shove her in more games (like 3DW).

and Roy still isn't very important to his series, especially compared to other Lords/main characters. If he wasn't lucky to get in Smash, I doubt he'd even have the marketing he does today.
The big hurdle Anna will always have is that new protagonist will always be introduced in most of the new Fire Emblem games.

Look at the Mario franchise. Not a lot of time a new character comes out the series so Rosalina didn't have that much competition.

Lastly, maybe Sakurai just doesn't see the potential for a moveset in Anna.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
> NES Simon
> Pretty Boy Simon
> Edgelord Simon
> Bearded Simon

I feel like if Simon is added he has a good shot at having 2 outfits. I personally think Nes and Pretty boy would be best choices
I've only played a bit of the first Castlevania, So i can't really say much, But NES Simon would be cool.

Dellexe

Smash Rookie

Agreed, amongst the FE community Roy is a bit of a joke. He's one of the weakest Lords in FE from a purely stats perspective, and doesn't have much uniqueness or cool-factor going for him. Japan didn't like FE6 if I recall correctly, and the U.S. didn't get it. Without Smash memes he'd probably be less popular than Seliph from FE4.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes.
Galaxy sold 12 million units, and its sequel 7 million.
It only loses to the first 4 platformers and NSMB in sales track records.

And don't make me start on how fast she starting popping in the spinoffs.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do you know how game development works? The development process is still the same, the development cycle "hasn't strayed", the scope of the game (and thus its content) was still decided early on so Sakurai and Nintendo knew what he is working with, Sakurai still has deadlines, allocated developmental resources, and a budget to work with, making bringing back all the veterans the top priority instead of shunting some of them into a low priority bracket of characters that could be scrapped if needed doesn't make the development of this game magically different. You do realize the entire plan to bring back everyone and all those stages and who knows what else content was decided when the game was conceptualized and pitched? Sakurai didn't plan out the roster and entire scope of the game before beginning development in prior entries for the hell of it, the deadlines, allocated resources, and budget have to be figured with the entire planned game in mind before development begins, he isn't adding new content as he goes along, you can't just add something that takes over a year of development mid-development on top of everything else with "some elbow room", remember just Sonic's inclusion in Brawl delayed the game.
You act like you were the one who proposed Ultimate's project plan to Sakurai and Nintendo.

Yes, I am aware how game development works. Do I think a single character is gonna bust the budget? No. Do I think a single character would completely throw off Sakurai's schedule? It's possible, but no. You're acting like one character would make everything fall apart, making the idea completely out of the question. Yes, a mid-development character would drastically change things, but it's not like Sakurai wouldn't still be trying to stick to the core development plan that was mapped out for him. If he thinks it's within the budget, and if he thinks the time and resources are available, then yes, I could see him being able to add in another character.

Seriously, game development is rarely followed to a tee. Things can happen, for better or worse.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Honestly, when it comes to Fire Emblem, I'd be fine with just Marth and Ike. None of the other characters really interest me. Though the series would never get that small unless Smash had a reboot.

Roy and Lucina are clones of Marth, albeit the former a semi-clone. Robin is fairly uninteresting, but I'll go as far as to say that he was a welcome addition. Chrom would've been cool, but I respect and agree with Sakurai's reasoning behind picking Robin. Corrin, although unique, is a character I have no interest in whatsoever.

If the series had to get a newcomer, though, I'd have to go with Lyn. I know she's a fan favorite in the series, and she's the Fire Emblem character I'm most familiar with. I've got a decent idea of what she can do from her as an Assist Trophy and her unfinished state in Project M. Though, as Fire Emblem currently stands with a whopping six characters, I have no interest in seeing any more characters from the series.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
> NES Simon
> Pretty Boy Simon
> Edgelord Simon
> Bearded Simon

I think it'd be what you refer to as NES Simon (barbarian looking) and the Simon from the cover of Simon's quest in the full armour.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yes.
Galaxy sold 12 million units, and its sequel 7 million.
It only loses to the first 4 platformers and NSMB in sales track records.
Yes, they sold a lot, but it doesn't change the fact how as a whole Rosalina isn't very important to the Mario series. She's had Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2 honestly I wouldn't count for her as at the end it's revealed it's all a story she's reading to the Lumas so she doesn't appear in-game at all, and in 3D World I think she was a late addition (might be wrong about this, wouldn't be surprised).

also the wii had an install base of like 100 million by the end of its lifespan so I'm not surprised that galaxy sold 12 million, that doesn't really give credit to rosalina :laugh:
The big hurdle Anna will always have is that new protagonist will always be introduced in most of the new Fire Emblem games.

Look at the Mario franchise. Not a lot of time a new character comes out the series so Rosalina didn't have that much competition.

Lastly, maybe Sakurai just doesn't see the potential for a moveset in Anna.
Anna's still going to be relevant though, if she keeps on going the way she is w/ Warriors, Heroes, and playable appearances.

And Rosalina still had Captain Toad/Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario as competition. That's pretty tough. And judging from how Jr. was the last newcomer to be finished in SSB4, it's likely Rosalina (someone not very important to the Mario series as a whole) beat him out in priority.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Is there any franchise with a growth spurt as big as Fire Emblem's between Smash games?
Meele -> Brawl saw Fire Emblem come to the west
Brawl -> 4 saw Fire Emblem become a million seller
4 -> Ultimate saw Fire Emblem Heroes make Nintendo hundreds of millions of dollars
I think that Fire Emblem has so many characters simply because of how lucky it got with timings between games.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
You act like you were the one who proposed Ultimate's project plan to Sakurai and Nintendo.

Yes, I am aware how game development works. Do I think a single character is gonna bust the budget? No. Do I think a single character would completely throw off Sakurai's schedule? It's possible, but no. You're acting like a single character would make everything fall apart, making the idea out of the question entirely. Yes, a mid-development character would change things up a little, but it's not like Sakurai wouldn't still be trying to stick to the core development plan that was mapped out for him. If he thinks it's within the budget, and if he thinks the time and resources are available, then yes, I could see him being able to add in another character.

Seriously, game development is rarely followed to a tee. Things can happen, for better or worse.
I don't think you understand how major a new unique playable character is. An entirely new playable character takes over a year to make, just Sonic's mid-development inclusion delayed Brawl. That is a significant amount of resources to just set aside to something else mid-development that wasn't accounted for, delaying your game isn't "changing up things a little". With "some elbow room" you get a couple alt-costumes being slightly altered to be near-identical clones, or at most, the Melee clones which were essentially forced into the game by Sakurai extremely overworking himself (which all six of which still didn't equal the development of a single new unique character). Also remember that content tends to get removed as development goes on, not added. Both Brawl and Smash 4 ended up with a lot less content than initially planned, Brawl has at least seven confirmed characters that were scrapped from developmental constraints among a bunch of other content, and Smash 4 has several characters that were planned but scrapped too from developmental constraints among other content.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
And Rosalina still had Captain Toad/Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario as competition.
Oh I know still surprised she got in first at the time.

Also, I would love Anna as well so I'm not disagreeing with what your saying but I just think Anna has such a disadvantage when it comes to a new FE character but hey I have no idea what Sakurai is thinking maybe she will be in and if she is that's pretty cool

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I know next to nothing about the Tales games but people are REALLY sleeping on Lloyd. The Mii costume is proof of how big his support has been for the past decade. I think he's the third most likely third party behind Rayman and Banjo.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think you understand how major a new unique playable character is. An entirely new playable character takes over a year to make, just Sonic's mid-development inclusion delayed Brawl. That is a significant amount of resources to just aside to something else mid-development that wasn't accounted for, delaying your game isn't "changing up things a little". With "some elbow room" you get a couple alt-costumes being slightly altered to be near-identical clones, or at most, the Melee clones which were essentially forced into the game by Sakurai extremely overworking himself (which all six of which still didn't equal the development of a single new unique character). Also remember that content tends to get removed as development goes on, not added. Both Brawl and Smash 4 ended up with a lot less content than initially planned, Brawl has at least seven confirmed characters that were scrapped from developmental constraints among a bunch of other content, and Smash 4 has several characters that were planned but scrapped too from developmental constraints among other content.
Agreed. Coupled with how ridiculously meticulous Sakurai is about everything...
A single character is a huge undertaking.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
D

Deleted member

> NES Simon
> Pretty Boy Simon
> Edgelord Simon
> Bearded Simon

People seem to be split on those two, so having both of them would be nice. I'd personally like to have bearded Simon, but I just tend to like bearded characters in general. I haven't played a single Golden Sun game, but if Isaac was playable, I'd want the Dark Dawn design because he has a beard there.

I'm still sad that we're not getting Street Fighter V bearded Ryu

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Banjo DOES get into Smash. I want them to put Gruntilda as his assist trophy.

Then put in Ashley.

Then on her character page put her with Bayonetta and Gruntilda.

What an eccentric group of witches.

Troykv

Smash Master
Which characters would left in Smash Ultimate that should be in Smash Ultimate anyway?

I only want Micaiah even if people hate me for being that hipster.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Jumping back to the Shadow leak:

I can only find this: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/424174391/

Key points were

Post 424187429: "It did leak the pokemon funkos, yeah. Also said that there would be a direct in late July, that no reveal is planned for Evo, and that every direct is going to reveal two fighters. There was a second picture with a stage too, a fountain from some Tales game."

Post 424187657: "it was werites beacon from tales of legendia. looked kinda cool actually"

Very interesting if true...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think you understand how major a new unique playable character is. An entirely new playable character takes over a year to make, just Sonic's mid-development inclusion delayed Brawl. That is a significant amount of resources to just aside to something else mid-development that wasn't accounted for, delaying your game isn't "changing up things a little". With "some elbow room" you get a couple alt-costumes being slightly altered to be near-identical clones, or at most, the Melee clones which were essentially forced into the game by Sakurai extremely overworking himself (which all six of which still didn't equal the development of a single new unique character). Also remember that content tends to get removed as development goes on, not added. Both Brawl and Smash 4 ended up with a lot less content than initially planned, Brawl has at least seven confirmed characters that were scrapped from developmental constraints among a bunch of other content, and Smash 4 has several characters that were planned but scrapped too from developmental constraints among other content.
And again, you're following the same patterns from older Smash games like Melee and Brawl. Even if Sakurai started Ultimate the same way he has with every Smash game - mapping out development time and sticking to a strict schedule - how can you tell me that Sakurai wouldn't be more flexible when he has the same amount of time as Smash 3DS and Wii U and can port 58 of the 69 characters we currently have, along with a large number of stages and items?

I'm not denying a new character takes a lot of time and effort, but I don't think you understand that Ultimate is not guaranteed to unfold the same way Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 did. For all we know, Nintendo may have extended the development time for Sakurai so he could make a higher quality game, giving him the opportunity to do things he wouldn't have been able to do before.

Troykv

Smash Master
Would left?
Hahahaha... I'm idiot; I tried to write this message without actually trying to understand my idea...

... So... Which characters do you think left to appear in Smash Ultimate that should be in the game?

I just edit this post to include more love for Micaiah... I'm starting to get old.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
It would be really cool if they incorporated all of the previous Smash intros best elements into one ultimate intro, it would be a nice call back to the other previous smashes, which seems to be this game's theme.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hahahaha... I'm idiot; I tried to write this message without actually trying to understand my idea...

... So... Which characters do you think left to appear in Smash Ultimate that should be in the game?

I just edit this post to include more love for Micaiah... I'm starting to get old.
Tingle.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Jumping back to the Shadow leak:

I can only find this: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/424174391/

Key points were

Post 424187429: "It did leak the pokemon funkos, yeah. Also said that there would be a direct in late July, that no reveal is planned for Evo, and that every direct is going to reveal two fighters. There was a second picture with a stage too, a fountain from some Tales game."

Post 424187657: "it was werites beacon from tales of legendia. looked kinda cool actually"

Very interesting if true...
The interesting part here is the allegedly leaked stage screenshot. That type of thing is much more significant than some silhouettes, but mysteriously no one seems to have saved that image.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Bandana Dee is the only character that I feel needs to be in. Kamek is close, but I've given up on that.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
It feels weird that they're trying to uhh... build up hype via drips... mostly since the last time they did that somebody ruined everything and leaked the entire roaster online... with the exception of ROB

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ashley. Ignoring my obvious bias I feel like smaller series like WarioWare should have a little more representation.
I'm not even trying to make a "Muh Reps" argument, I just think it'd be nice.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It feels weird that they're trying to uhh... build up hype via drips... mostly since the last time they did that somebody ruined everything and leaked the entire roaster online... with the exception of ROB
Hmm, I wonder why ROB was left out. He's one of the middle unlockable fighters in both versions of the game

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hello all, I'm back from IKEA important business with another large session of "leaks." I'm also working on going through my archives to kill DLC leaks and create TL;DR versions of each leaks with characters. Exciting work this is.
Newcomer are

>King K. rool
>Skull kid
>Lycanroc
>Elma
>Chorus kid
>Leon Kennedy

I've heard nothing about Simon Belmont, not sure where vergeben heard that. Leon is suppose to be the big surprise of the game, like snake in brawl. He will be shwon in a direct in october.

Regular leak. Nothing out of the ordinary. Welcome Leon Kennedy to the count I guess.
July:

* King K. Rool
* Dixie Kong

August:

* Simon Belmont

September:

* Ashley
* Dark Samus

October:

NOTHING

November:

* Bandana Waddle Dee

December:

RELEASE

Secret Unlockable Characters: Geno, Ayumi Tachibana, Shadow

I'm just gonna stop commenting on regular leaks like this because I have nothing to say about them.
NEW SMASH BROS CHARACTERS REVEALED THIS WEEK
Between the 16th and 22nd. Could be a live stream, could be a direct, could be a random upload. No idea on who the characters are. But it will be 1 echo and 1 brand new. Stay tuned.

I'm changing the channel on this one.
Okay, honestly really tired of the string of fake as **** Direct "leaks" lately. Here's some real ****.

>Direct on 7/31
>Waluigi (no official title in the video, like Kirby and Yoshi before). Stealth-oriented game, trailer shows Waluigi crawling around and hiding behind lamps and stuff very poorly but new heavily armored goombas waddling right on by. Bowser Jr is the villain. There's a funny bit at the end where Waluigi throws his hat at an enemy to capture it but it just bounces off so Waluigi kicks him instead. 2019.
>Dark Souls trailer. August 31.
>Life is Strange and Captain Spirit, coming November.
>Super Mario Maker Switch. January 2019.
>Superhot, Hyper Light Drifter, Undertale, My Friend Pedro, Mega Man 11, Daemon X Machina, and Super Mario Party are all briefly shown.
>Ezio Collection coming in December.
>Yoshi: Cardboard Kingdom with Labo support (recreate level contraption with cardboard and then you work through it in real life for it to work in the game, kind of hard to explain) for 2019.

>Direct ends with Simon Belmont and Dovahkiin being announced for Smash and for Amiibos. Trailer is set in a dungeon, kinda funny because it opens with Mario controlling a lava bubble and then him being scared by hearing monsters in the darkness.
Hello everyone. I work as one of many translators for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the U.S. I don’t know everything about the game, but my fellow co-workers shared me some information regarding the upcoming game.
*66 K. K. Rool and 67 Dixie Kong are in the game. Both will be revealed in July this month in an upcoming direct. Dixie is a semi-clone with her hairspin techs, gum ball popgun, guitar, etc.
*68 Heihachi will be revealed at EVO and will be playable at the EVO build of the game.
{There will be an exhibition match with Heihachi and Ryu.}
*69 Geno From Super MARIO RPG
{There is a 3D model of Mallow (Final smash? Assist?}
*70 Amaterasu from Okami
{Uses black paint smash attacks}
*71 Ninten from Earthbound Beginnings
{PK fire variant that meteor smash opponents in air. PK beam standard B}
*72 Bandana Waddle Dee from Kirby
{Uses spear attacks and a parisol similar to Peach and DAISY}
*73 Ashley from WarioWare
{No info N/A}
*74 Decidueye from Pokémon
{Moveset inspired by Pokken Tournament and uses sinister arrow raid as Final Smash. Long Range attacker}
*16’ Impa
{No info N/A}
*45’ Isabelle
{Isabelle’s tree always spawns fruits. Different Color butterfly net, Lloid rocket stays horizontal, Faster than Villager}
*New stages I know so far:
^New Donk City
^The Oddysey {Stage that travels around ^different SMO Worlds}
^Gangplank Galleon
^R.O.B Famicon
^Ashley’s Mansion
^Dragon’s Nest {Tekken 7}
^Melemele Island (Iki Town)
*Returning stages I know so far:
^Peach’s Castle (64)
^Congo Jungle (64)
^Jungle Hyjinx
^Icicle Mountain
^Fountain of Dreams
^Dreamland
^Pirate Ship
^Mario Bros.
^Big Battle Field
^Gamer
^Rainbow Road
^Paper Mario
^Wooly World
*New Modes:
Boss Rush
SSE type of story mode with full cutscenes
All previous modes including Smash Run, Smash Tour, Tournaments, Spectating, etc. returns

*Assist Trophies that return:
*Issac, Shadow, Electro Man, Dillon, Dark Samus, Kat and Ana, Lakitu (Modern design), Skull Kid, Sable Prince, Nightmare
*New assist trophies I know:
*Karate Joe, Adeleine, Rabbid Peach

*New Soundtracks

Oh and I forgot about these 2 other character:
*75 Simon Belmont
{Use whip-based attacks and based off Castlevania. Chronicles design}

There is no DLC currently being worked on. If there is, I have no info on it.

What's the other 2 character beside Simon? We may never know.
I went to Nintendo of America for play tests to find bugs, glitches, etc. Since I'm a close friend to one of the employees, him along with a Nintendo treehouse rep were pretty open about giving info about Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Since they didn't want to ruin any big surprises, I only got a little bit of info so here's what I know.
Characters
-Shadow (Echo Fighter)
-Chibi Robo
-Square Enix rep(TBA)
-Pokemon rep(likely to be Decidueye)
Stages
-Fountain of Dreams
-Hanenbow(I don't blame you if you forgot about it, so did I)
-Crisis City(unlocked along with Shadow)
-Friendly Fields(Star Allies)
Music
-Twilight of the Gods(Remix)
-Scuffle with Torna(Remix of Torna boss theme)
-Snake Eater(Remix)
Items
-Blade Core
-Paraglider
-Chef Kirby's pot(works like brawl final smash)
-Cape (Double jump into damaging glide like brawl)
> There will be a direct mini on July 27th
> It will be about everything missing from E3
> No 3DS announcements and there will be no headlines
> It will be 15-20 mins
> First will be Pikmin 4 releasing Early 2019
> Team Sonic racing releasing December 14 2018
> Yoshi game, Yoshi Craft World and Labo support, releasing March 2019
> Nintendo Land 2 or Switch Land releasing Holiday 2018
> SNES Remix releasing 2019
> Mario Odyssey DLC, Luigi playable and Delfino Plaza and Luigi's Mansion Kingdom, releasing October
> Kirby: Star Allies 2nd wave of dream friends, July 27
> Mario Kart 8 DX DLC, characters and Cups
> Diablo 3, 2019
> New Super Mario Bros.3, Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Blue toad, Rosalina, and Wario are playable. Releasing Holiday 2018
> Tomodachi World releasing holiday 2018
> Zelda Triforce Heroes Switch, 2019
> Five Nights at Freddy's, September 14th 2018
> Donkey Kong Country Origins, 2019
> Smash News, Story Mode trailer and King K Rool Smash trailer with Dixie Kong

Another July 27th Direct Leak. What is it about the 27th?
Hiya, I got some info on some of Nintendo's future plans. Sorry to everyone that was expecting a Smash overload here but I don't have much on that. Let's get started.
>Star Fox Grand Prix is real and, yes, it's being developed by Retro. Grand Prix is still the working title. The game only lets you play as Fox in story mode besides side missions and flashbacks. Launches Summer of 2019
>Donkey Country Returns 3 (Working Title) is being developed by Monster Games. They've been working on it since the release of Tropical Freeze in 2014. Built off of Retro's Tropical Freeze engine and features the Tikis, the Snowmads, and the Kremlings. Launches Fall of 2019.
>Luigi's Mansion 3 (Working Title) is coming and will release simultaneously on 3DS and Switch. Unknown release window
>A new 2D Super Mario is in development and it apparently ditches the "New" branding and runs off an entirely new engine. Winter 2019
>Super Mario Maker 2.0 is coming as well and is just a revamped version of the first with a few new features. Not a huge overhaul. releases Spring 2019.
> Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 are both scheduled to come out next year as well. Not sure with exact windows.
>All of this is scheduled to be announced by the end of the year. A vast majority of it is planned for an August direct including...
>Simon Belmont in Smash reveal will take place in the August Direct. I've heard that K. Rool and Isaac are also.
>I'm unsure if there is going to be a July Direct. If there is it'll be a simple Mini Direct not a big one.If what's here isn't shown in August then it'll likely be shown at the Game Awards. I'm hearing that August will be the last Direct of the year...
>A few third party things Konami does have a Castlevania and Metal Gear collection coming to all platforms.
>Namco will bring Tekken 7 to Switch with all DLC
>Capcom will release a Mega Man Zero Collection
>Square plans to bring a Kingdom Hearts Collection to Switch.

Megaman Zero and Kingdom Hearts Collection? This one is too good to be true.
So, for those of you who do not know, the stock of Nintendo is going down. The Switch still isn't outselling the 3DS. I have some news, you can expect new titles to be announced as early as Jan 15th 2019

3DS games are being ported over, Samus Returns, Star Fox 64, Orcarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, Kid Ikarus:Uprising, Sonic Generations, Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater

A few console games, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario 64, Twilight Princess, Double Dash, Punch Out, Sonic Colours, Final Fantasy 7 (orginal), Mega Man Legends, Digimon Rumble Arena, and there's talk for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 to start being worked on for a port as early as Feb.

And expect all NES, SNES game ported most Genesis too. Some GBA games surprised me particulally Sonic Battle? It was was weird, I don’t remember that one it's kinda a fighting game with the Sonic cast.

Also a Smash leak while I'm at it. Sora is a semi clone of Robin and Shulk. Even having the losing weapon gimmick. So his specials use the Shooting Star keyblade, but for his smash attacks he gets Oblivion or Oathkeeper. Roxas and Xion are skins.
Wargreymon is also a semi clone. He can shoot a giant fire ball, and ram into like Charizard. Wargreymon and Sora were only added in because they were easy to animate due to recycled moves.
Simon Belmont is very orginal a lot of work was put into him.
The King of Red Lions also is pretty orginal and fun to use I often play Styx songs while hitting people with the sail.
We also have more echos, Shadow (who looks weird running instead of skating but that might get fixed later), Impa, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Masked Man (Lucas' Brother I think?)

Assist trophies- Amy Rose, Eggman, Team Rocket (oddly using Tetris? Like blocks with pokemon types on it.), Tron Bonne, Xiaomu, Excitebike, Ballon Fighter, Tamagon (I'm told it's the same game as the Devil assist trophy), King Hippo, Dixie Kong, King K.Rool, Bubbles (from an old game called Clu Clu Land), Plum (I think she's from Mario Golf?)

Smash section makes no sense. Is the King of Red Lions a character? That's certainly new. Kid Icarus Uprising on Switch is a dream for me though.

I'm going to make a separate session to cover the Lloyd shadow leak we kind of talked about earlier, because it's the best leak I've seen yet (quality is similar to the Wurmple and Ninten leaks from earlier). I'm also going to attempt a little bit of analysis on it as well.
1531606199409.png
To start, the image seems to be a phone screenshot of some sort of a photo taken landscape being looked at portrait style. It's taken at a very specific time after the character portraits have been laid out and the eye flash has disappeared but before the portraits become colored (It's a small time frame, but it's possible, especially considering load times might be slower when undocked, making this time frame wider). The colors are two Inklings (regular and schoolgirl), Snake, and what looks to be Lloyd Irving. No render for Lloyd has been presented that fits the shadow. I know many wrote off this leak due to the fact that Inkling's Ink Tank isn't visible, but I think that's wrong. All footage taken has come from a TV, which means that character portraits have more space to take up and are wider. It's possible that on the Switch version portrait space is slimmed down so that each character can be seen better. The Ink Tank can be seen off of her right side, but the tick marks can't because they're off screen. I took a screenshot that shows approximately what the portrait would look like at that width:
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 6.03.38 PM.png

Notice the same spaces and lines where the shadow is.

I'm not saying that it's real, but I'm saying that it's not dead based off of the lack of ink tank markers on Inkling. Until I see a render I'm not convinced one way or another.

This is besides the point, but we've been wrong about true photo leaks in the past as well. Remember former examples such as Game and Watch's arm going into Wario's space, or Shulk being a photoshopped Little Mac.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
After Meta Knight, I Hope we get Wario. xD
I already did Wario earlier in the month, here's the codec I did:

*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: Gross, it's Wario. I don't care how cool his motorcycle might be, I want to be as far away from him as possible before I start to smell like garlic.

Otacon: At least you'll keep vampires away if you do smell like garlic...

Snake: Vampires? It's not like there's any vampires in Smash. And besides, the stench will keep everyone else away, just like how they avoid Wario.

Otacon: That reminds me... remember that guy named Vamp from Dead Cell? I wonder if garlic would keep him away as well, with him having superpowers as if he were a real vampire...

Snake: He's dead for good, Otacon, don't you remember? Now can you please help me deal with Wario? Anything new on him?

Otacon: Nothing new, just stay away from both his front and rear ends just like last time. Garlic stench or not, they're both nasty.

Snake: Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom