• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

As long as we're still talking about wish lists, including the never-gonna-happen variety, my full, unrestricted wish list would be:

Super Mario:
Captain Toad
Waluigi

The Legend of Zelda:
Daruk

Pokémon:
Decidueye
Any of the following
View attachment 152991

Fire Emblem:
The following, minus Marth and Lucina since they're already in, but especially Chrom and Celica
View attachment 152992

Other Nintendo Characters:
Starfy
Henry Fleming
Muddy Mole

Third Party:
Frogger
Simon Belmont

So pretty much just my favorite characters that aren't playable yet lol.
~ B e a u t i f u l ~
Y o u d i d n a m e N i n t e n Z o n e " U n f e z a n t E d i t i o n ".

Round 5 go!

Backlog:

Still looking for a Simon render if anyone has a good one.
That looks really good!
How about you make Goku and Isabelle? :p
Here's a moveset I made, detailing how I think Celica could make an awesome Smash character.
Normal Attacks

Jab: Using the Beloved Zofia, Celica performs a three hit combo attack. The first strike comes downward from overhead, the second comes from the side in a sweeping motion, and the third has Celica twirling a bit, swinging the blade from behind in an upward motion. This is based on her in-dungeon combo from Shadows of Valentia. Specifically, it comes directly from her second, third, and fourth strike.

Dash Attack: The small wisp of fire following Celica creates a wall of flames in front of her as she charges forward. Unlike her other magical attacks, no recoil is done here. This is changed, however, if Celica charges her Fire special. If it is charged, this move makes Celica take minor recoil damage, but also makes the move hit much harder. This is taken directly from her dash attack in Shadows of Valentia.

Up Tilt: Celica points the Beloved Zofia skyward as the glowing flame beside her becomes three fire balls, which twirl around the tip of her sword. A multi-hit move.

Side Tilt: Celica thrusts the Beloved Zofia forward, moving slightly in the direction she's facing while doing so. This move comes from the first and fifth strike of her in-dungeon combo in Shadows of Valentia.

Down Tilt: Celica, while crouched, moves her hand outward, launching a small, thunderous spark toward the ground. Due to the stun effect, this move can combo into itself twice before knockback forces foes away.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Celica, using the Beloved Zofia like a sort of baton, casts Excalibur above her, creating a slow-rising razor wind. It travels higher up and does more damage the longer it is charged. The move has a trapping effect due to it being a rapid multi-hit move.

Side Smash: Celica leaps up and smashes the Beloved Zofia downward onto opponents. This is based on her critical hit and finishing blow animation in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia. However, this move does far less knockback than the rest of her smash attacks, due to not being magically backed.

Down Smash: Celica performs her casting animation and casts Thunder, hitting both sides of the ground beside her with bolts of lightning.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Celica's fire ball splits into a small stream of fire. Celica moves the Beloved Zofia in a circular motion and the stream of flames circles around her twice, clockwise.

Forward Air: Celica, using a variation of Seraphim, quickly grows angelic wings and uses them to slam foes both forward and downward. This move is based on one of Celica's attacks in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Back Air: Celica quickly makes a backhanded strike with the Beloved Zofia. Here, the tip of the blade is blessed with the Thunder spell, creating a small orb of electricity at the end. Hitting with the spark does much more damage.

Up Air: Celica uses another variant of Excalibur, sending a small gust of wind upward. Knockback-wise and potency-wise, it is somewhere between Mega Man's and Mr. Game and Watch's wind-based up airs.

Down Air: Celica points her arms downward, spreading her fireball into a stream of fire beneath her in a parabolic arc.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Celica has a fairly standard grab, and pummels by imbuing her hands with fire to burn the opponent. The pummel does not, however, cause recoil damage, despite being magic-based. This holds true for Celica's throws as well.

Forward Throw: Celica releases the foe as three columns of fire erupt in front of her, beneath the foe, carrying them away before causing severe knockback.

Back Throw: Celica tosses the foe back and releases a blast of light magic from her hands, sending them flying.

Up Throw: Celica waves her arms overhead after bringing her foe upward, shocking them with electricity before launching them.

Down Throw: Pointing her Beloved Zofia to the ground, three strikes of compressed wind energy pummel the foe before bouncing them off the ground of the stage.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Fire (Ragnarok) - Celica charges up her fire ball that shoots forward before exploding. At full charge, this becomes Ragnarok, which is incredibly powerful, doing roughly 35% damage and quite a bit of knock back, but at the expense of Celica taking hefty recoil damage. Chargeable and storable. While it is stored, however, any attack using Celica's fire ball will grow in power, but the recoil damage of the move will be more severe. This does not effect her pummel or forward throw, however.

Side Special: Seraphim - Celica clasps her hands together as she is bathed in a flash of white light. A giant ball of white light surrounds Celica when the button is released, and it slowly moves forward. If the opponent is overlapping Celica's light, they will be trapped similarly to Mewtwo's neutral air, before being carried forward with the ball of light and being erupted from it when it reaches its full distance. A "get off me" move befitting Celica's connection to Mila and having one of her weaknesses protected.

Up Special: Excalibur - Celica summons a gust of razor wind around her as she ascends. Nearby foes get cut by the wind, though Celica also takes minor damage from this move (less than five percent).

Down Special: Mila's Turnwheel - Celica clasps her hands and enters a praying stance. A counter-styled move, if Celica activates this move at the right moment of impact with the foe, the foe is pushed away, doing no damage. However, Celica is healed by ten percent, making it a very risky way of restoring health. Note, though, that the move has far stricter timing than other Counter-like moves, and excessive usage of the move will lower the amount of health it heals.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω - If foes are in range of the attack's start up, a cutscene plays, based on Celica's in-game cutscene when activating this move. Visually, they're essentially the same. The move then ends. Unlike in Shadows of Valentia, this move does not cause recoil damage to Celica, due to being her Final Smash.

Overview:

Celica mainly relies on her spells, with a few moves utilizing the Beloved Zofia, like her jab. The Beloved Zofia acts more like a conduit for her spells here than an actual weapon for most of her moveset, where she makes graceful guiding motions with it to focus her spells, not unlike a baton, or how Toon Link uses the Wind Waker. For the few attacks where she uses the Beloved Zofia for offense, she takes a more rapier-like style.

Like in Shadows of Valentia's dungeon segments, Celica is followed by a small wisp of fire. This is mostly cosmetic and serves as a neat way for her to animate some of her attacks, but also benefits from her neutral special, wherein she can increase its size the more she charges her Fire spell. This increases the size of some of her attacks' hit boxes at the expense of more recoil damage, and after firing off her charged Fire or Ragnarok, the wisp fizzles back to its original size.

In reference to Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's unique magic system, Celica takes a variant of Pichu's self damage gimmick, but better executed. Celica does more self damage the more potent her spells are, but can reliably kill using them. Her issue stems from her being the epitome of a glass cannon, as she can't take hits well at all, especially when using her higher recoil spells. In addition to reflecting her game of origin's mechanics, her moveset also reflects her personality and character, with her gracefulness coming through in her use of the Beloved Zofia and her penchant for self-sacrifice coming through in her powerful spells' recoil.

Entrance Animation:
Celica slowly walks in and creates her wisp of fire from her hand, as in her dungeon entrance animation from Shadows of Valentia.

Taunts:
Up Taunt - Celica holds her right arm up as the wisp of fire wraps around it, traveling upward until it bursts into flames above her hand, all while saying "I'm not about to stop here!"
Side Taunt - Celica holds a hand over her heart and says "Guide me, Mila."
Down Taunt - Twirls and puts a hand on her hip, saying "All thanks to the Mother." This is taken directly from her Shadows of Valentia victory animation
You surely know a lot about FE. You smart marsupial.
Damn that is one thirsty boi
Hydration!

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Topic: What single newcomer would make you 100% satisfied of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? For me, if one of these characters became playable:
Hmm... Duck Hunt Dog unexpectedly made me 100% satisfied with SSB4... but I don’t know about Ultimate.

I have to see all the newcomers first before I feel satisfied or dissatisfied with Ultimate.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Would be awesome to see a new Pokemon Trainer. Which Trainer with only 3 Pokemon starters would you guys like to see?

I would love to see Gens 2 & 3 make it in as Pokemon Trainers.

Gen 2
- Cyndaquil
- Bayleef
- Feraligatr

Gen 3
- Mudkip
- Combusken
- Sceptile

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Would be awesome to see a new Pokemon Trainer. Which Trainer with only 3 Pokemon starters would you guys like to see?

Gen 2
- Cyndaquil
- Bayleef
- Feraligatr

Gen 3
- Mudkip
- Combusken
- Sceptile
I would say let's do Gen 7 but can we really make any of the Popplio line work properly?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't know if this showed up in the thread already, but I thought it was kind of interesting.

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/1017608037282926592

Basically, Smash has been in development for so long that it was actually the second Switch game in development!

I went through and pulled some of the serials for the notable games, and here are my thoughts (we're all concerned about game development times, so this might be interesting).

BOTW: AAA
SmashU: AAB
Odyssey: AAC

There are no more AA games, so moving to AB. This has MK8D (ABP), ARMS (ABQ), Splatoon 2 (AB6) and 1-2-Switch (ACC). There is a massive gap, going to C, which has Mario + Rabbids (C2G). Then we have D, which has lots: Xenoblade 2 (DEN), Pokemon Lets Go (DW2/DW3), Fire Emblem Warriors (DXH), Mario Party (DFJ) and, surprisingly, Labo (DFU/DFV). E has Snipperclips (EXY). DKC is in F (FWT). Kirby is in H (H26). And Captain Toad sits in J (JH9).

The 'A' games all have one commonality, aside from Smash: being first-party totally developed by Nintendo EAD, which suggests they were planned as early Switch titles from the beginning of the console's conceptualization (especially for ARMS and 1-2 Switch which are designed to use the console's mechanics). Mario + Rabbids is really surprising, but that was talked about in leaks for forever before launch so it makes sense. We know Xenoblade 2 started development in 2014, so I'm assuming that being developed by an external studio (Monolith vs Nintendo EAD) is why it wasn't listed earlier, as it cooked for almost as long as BOTW! PLG couldn't have been in development any earlier than 2016 as the mobile game launched in 2016, so the commonality between the 'D' games has to be external developers (Monolith, Koei and ND Cube; I have no idea how Labo fits into this).

Knowing this now, from a development angle, any of the EAD-developed games could stand a decent chance of representation in the game, even ARMS which a lot of people are on the fence with (ARMS was actually the main reason for making this post). If 1-2-Switch, a game that literally only makes sense with the Switch being totally finalized, was developed after ARMS started its own development, ARMS should have been in development longer than most of us thought.
Hmm...
If ARMS was one of the first games designed for the Switch... Do you think Sakurai knew of it before the roster was decided?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm...
If ARMS was one of the first games designed for the Switch... Do you think Sakurai knew of it before the roster was decided?
This certainly could potentially boost Arms content if so.

Granted Sakurai might also want to know the IP's performance before hopping in on it.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...
Well Switch development probably sprang around 2016 and Sakurai did decide the roster around 2016....
So they have a.... chance....

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Topic: What single newcomer would make you 100% satisfied of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? For me, if one of these characters became playable:

1. Professor Layton
2. Tom Nook (Which is not happening as of this game)
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

...I would be content with the roster. The former two I personally believe belong in Smash as playable fighters for what they represent within their franchise and their history with Nintendo. The latter two I would love to see in for a potential retro revival. For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Panel de Pon are the only dormant Nintendo franchises I immensely care about returning more than any other, I do not want them to stay Japan-only forever.
Honestly, if Rayman was added in Smash Ultimate, I'd be beyond satisfied. This roster is already incredible and newcomers such as Ridley and Inkling are fantastic choices. I don't need much more, but Rayman in Smash would be a childhood dream come true.
If not him, K. Rool and Banjo would also be awesome to see added in. I loved Rare's games on the N64, so seeing these two icons of Rare reunite with Nintendo (I know K. Rool is owned by Nintendo) would be incredible.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

Gen 2
- Cyndaquil
- Bayleef
- Feraligatr

Gen 3
- Mudkip
- Combusken
- Sceptile
I'd like to see another Pokemon Trainer type character as well. Personally, give me the Team Rocket duo, male and female, to acknowledge the anime as well as the games. Meowth + 2 other popular Rocket Pokemon. Alt colors for the other villain teams, and even some Jessie and James alt colors. That'd be cool.

As for "starter" trainer, I'd like to see a "Rival" trainer. Grass as the 1st stage, Fire for 2nd stage, and Water for final stage (to rival the Pokemon Trainer's 'mons.)

So...

Gen 2
- Chikorita
- Quilava
- Feraligatr

However, we have to have a grass type as a third stage. It's obligatory now...

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

Gen 2
- Cyndaquil
- Bayleef
- Feraligatr

Gen 3
- Mudkip
- Combusken
- Sceptile
I think Blaziken would be the final stage for gen 3 considering how popular grovyle was in mystery dungeon and how popular blaziken is as a pokemon.

Gen 4:
- Turtwig
- Monferno
- Empoleon
(because turtwigs evolution chain is to big as a quadrupedal other wise piplup, grotle, infernape)

non of the other gens really work.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're all sleeping on my boy Noivern.

Can you imagine a moveset based on supersonic sound waves? Not to mention the regular, dragon-y stuff.

Honorable mention to Poipole, who I love but feel is too small for Smash. Then again we have Pichu...

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

1. Professor Layton
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

...I would be content with the roster. The former two I personally believe belong in Smash as playable fighters for what they represent within their franchise and their history with Nintendo. The latter two I would love to see in for a potential retro revival. For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Panel de Pon are the only dormant Nintendo franchises I immensely care about returning more than any other, I do not want them to stay Japan-only forever.
I’m going to buy the game no matter what. This is already shaping up to be an incredible entry in the series in terms of content.

BUT, I have a few characters who I’d be itching to play if they were in the game. To the point I’d camp out for a midnight release.

1. Isabelle
2. Mimikyu
3. Sora

I want Isabelle to be playable in Smash Ultimate so badly. I hope she’s not a Villager Echo, but if that is what gets her in, I don’t care.

Mimikyu is the everything I love all compacted into one entity. Mimikyu is adorable, but also the amalgamation of terror and nightmares. I love him.

I’ve been playing Kingdom Hearts ever since I was little, and Sora being in Smash would honestly make me cry. I’d be so happy. Recognizable, iconic, and incredible moveset potential. He is my #1 3rd Party choice.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Actually, there is one other dark horse Pokemon that I'd be pretty happy to see. And it's another literal horse, in this case. :078:

Dunno how they'd make it work, but if they could, it'd be awesome.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Actually, there is one other dark horse Pokemon that I'd be pretty happy to see. And it's another literal horse, in this case. :078:

Dunno how they'd make it work, but if they could, it'd be awesome.
It could jab with it's horn.
Neutral special is flamethrower of course.
Side special could be a flare blitz like dash.
It could work, don't know how it'd pick up and use items though.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
If were doing full, unrestricted character wish lists, no matter the insanity, here is mine:
Banjo-Kazooie
King K. Rool
Rayman
Balloon Fighter
Chibi-Robo
Ray (Custom Robo)
Simon Belmont
Toad(In any form)
Earthworm Jim

Really, Smash feels pretty complete right now as far as the character roster goes. Yeah, you could always add new/relevant characters (ARMS, New Pokemon, New FE Lord, etc.) or some forgotten retro picks, but I think it pretty much nailed all the big names. To me, the last real all star remaining is Toad and he does have a role, just maybe not the one people desire. I feel another DK character would round out that series nicely(despite it having plenty of choices). The character that would make the roster feel complete to me is, and always will be, Banjo-Kazooie. Yes, I know he isn't relevant anymore, and Rare seems content to sit on the IP forever, but Super Smash Bros and Banjo-Kazooie are tied so closely in my childhood, it just feels wrong to not have him in there.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'd prefer a cross-gen trainer to one generation getting another 3 reps. Maybe Greninja could be repurposed as the fully revolved form and we could get a Gen 2/4/6 trainer with Chikorita, Monferno and Greninja?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It could jab with it's horn.
Neutral special is flamethrower of course.
Side special could be a flare blitz like dash.
It could work, don't know how it'd pick up and use items though.
With it's mouth, of course. :p

IIRC it wouldn't be the first character to do that (though admittedly trying to imagine it using items like the Hammer and Golden Hammer is still difficult....).

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

1. Professor Layton
3. Prince Sable
4. Lip

Well, if I have a few minutes, I would say any of the following choices, in descending order:

• Masked Man
  • King K. Rool
  • Porky
  • Incineroar
I have a soft spot for everything about the Mother series, from its unique atmosphere to its endearing story and charmingly simple gameplay; suffice to say, I would be greatly pleased with any newcomer from the franchise. However, for a multitude of reasons, the Masked Man holds a particularly special place among my favored characters, and is hands-down my favorite character in the franchise. Needless to say, I would be over-the-moon to see his inclusion in this game. Additionally, while on the topic of Mother, Porky is also a personal favorite of mine, and I would be similarly thrilled if he was revealed.

King K. Rool is a character whom I've adored since I first laid eyes upon him. I love everything about his personality and design, and he's the first character that I've truly invested myself into the speculation for, making it especially cathartic should his finest hour finally arrive. The community of supporters for the old croc is pretty cool as well, so I'd be more than happy to see it flourish ever further with a reveal, especially after we've been waiting for this long :p.

Finally, although I was initally one of many who was disappointed with Incineroar's reveal (preceding the Sun/Moon days), I quickly overcame that impression and began to appreciate it for what it is. This cat's a pretty cool contender, and surprisingly expressive for a Pokemon character. It's also worth mentioning that wrestlers are some of my favorite characters in other fighters (e.g., UMvC3's Mike Haggar is in my top 3 "most fun" characters in any fighting game I've played), and I'm a sucker for a good fierce/fearsome/intimidating character, so I'd be overall ecstatic for such a newcomer.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Hmm...
I always thought it was likely he knew of Arms and that Arms content is possible, but it still wouldn't help an Arms character get into the base game; as stated by Sakurai Greninja was explicitly an exception made because it's Pokemon, and also from Sakurai's own words Robin probably wouldn't have been in Smash 4 if Awakening released just six months later (when the game's Japanese release was just a month before Smash 4's roster was decided), a new unproven IP really shouldn't be expected to get the same treatment as Pokemon.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hmm...
That's what I'm insinuating.

The key variable would be if Sakurai wants to wait for the IP to prove itself, or if he wants to prioritize the uniqueness of the game. We should, at least, get a stage.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If were doing full, unrestricted character wish lists, no matter the insanity, here is mine:
Banjo-Kazooie
King K. Rool
Rayman
Balloon Fighter
Chibi-Robo
Ray (Custom Robo)
Simon Belmont
Toad(In any form)
Earthworm Jim
Earthworm jim? that's a throwback. Has anyone even put 'im up before?
Villager's recovery pays tribute to balloon fighter, but that's a classic too. Seems like a hard one to make amoveset for :p

The rest seems pretty normal.

Hey how about shyguy? that's a cool character :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It'll be Buzzwole so people can spam me with JoJo reference jokes
You know people joke about Tapu Koko or Buzzwole being playable.....but if Pokemon is getting a new rep I don't think there's any particular Alolan pokemon that has it in the bag.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Sakurai went for an island guardian or an ultra beast. (if you think about it, they represent Alola really well)

Decidueye feels a bit like a Chrom situation if you ask me, people are getting carried away thinking he's the main possibility. Even with Mimikyu and Lycanroc I don't feel like people are looking at the full picture.

On that note, I kinda have a soft spot for Blacephalon being playable in Smash. He could be like the Smash Bros Voldo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know people joke about Tapu Koko or Buzzwole being playable.....but if Pokemon is getting a new rep I don't think there's any particular Alolan pokemon that has it in the bag.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Sakurai went for an island guardian or an ultra beast. (if you think about it, they represent Alolan really well)

Decidueye feels a bit like a Chrom situation if you ask me, people are getting carried away thinking he's the main possibility.
Oh damn, what if Decidueye got pinned into a Final Smash?

Starbound

If we're talking Ultra Beasts can we at least talk Nihilego?

You still get that earth-bending people love from Lycanroc with a nice package of mind control (it's a neutoxic parasite) and venom. It could be interesting in doubles where its venom could be contagious, spreading from character to character.

Plus it's a ****ing squid! Physiologically, it would be so distinct from the rest of the roster on account of its weird as hell body shape. Forget quadruped, we've got an... octoped? now.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Plus it's a ****ing squid! Physiologically, it would be so distinct from the rest of the roster on account of its weird as hell body shape. Forget quadruped, we've got an... octoped? now.
Wow.
:ultinkling:
I'm offended and I don't even play Splatoon
Also Squids don't have 8 legs

Last edited:

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Yes but Inkling is largely bipedal.

This is literally a levitating squid with no distinct 'feet' or 'arms'.
Does it ever touch the ground? Wondering how plausible it is when pitfalls and banana peels exist.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I hadn't thought about having one of the kokos as a pokemon rep. That might be interesting. But I still think the starters are safer bets.
I wouldn't want an ultra beast in, they don't look.. that appealing. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't believe no one ever talks about this guy when discussing Alolan candidates;

Yeah, sure, making a moveset for a quadruped is probably going to be difficult, but I can't see this guy being any harder to implement than Mimikyu. And he's got such crazy awesome design and backstory. Easily one of Alola's most iconic monsters.
Clearly Tapu Koko will be playable to shatter everyone in this thread.
Now that you point it out, I would honestly be super hyped for that. And the fact that it's completely within the realm of possibilities is even better.
You're all sleeping on my boy Noivern.
That would be so awesome. But too bad there's no way that'll ever happen.
At least I have Ridley now to get my lanky dragon fill from.

Starbound

Does it ever touch the ground? Wondering how plausible it is when pitfalls and banana peels exist.
It would probably walk on some of its tentacles (or rotating between all of them in its animations to just be extra weird), and then 'float' like Rosalina or Mewtwo in a run.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't believe no one ever talks about this guy when discussing Alolan candidates;

Yeah, sure, making a moveset for a quadruped is probably going to be difficult, but I can't see this guy being any harder to implement than Mimikyu. And he's got such crazy awesome design and backstory. Easily one of Alola's most iconic monsters. Now that you point it out, I would honestly be super hyped for that. And the fact that it's completely within the realm of possibilities is even better.
That would be so awesome. But too bad there's no way that'll ever happen.
Honestly, I think Silvally's much more of a likely pick than Type: Null.

Starbound

Yeah, sure, making a moveset for a quadruped is probably going to be difficult, but I can't see this guy being any harder to implement than Mimikyu. And he's got such crazy awesome design and backstory. Easily one of Alola's most iconic monsters.
Quadruped characters are only difficult in the sense of "how do they grab characters and items?". For Ivysaur, the vines work as arm replacements well enough that you don't really notice.

Null would be interesting, though I'm admittedly more interested in Silvally since the type changing could be pretty interesting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, I think Silvally's much more of a likely pick than Type: Null.
I really could see it go either way. Although I guess Silvally has a wider movepool to pull from. Not that I actually think either is the most likely pick by a long shot, but they both have a decent-ish chance.
Quadruped characters are only difficult in the sense of "how do they grab characters and items?". For Ivysaur, the vines work as arm replacements well enough that you don't really notice.
Ooh, I didn't actually think of that. I guess if they used Silvally they could make him pick up items with his mouth, but I'm not sure about heavy items like barrels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom