• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I'm telling ya'll that we're sleeping on my boy Chibi-Robo.
  • Nintendo IP previously unrepresented in Smash? Check.
  • Relevancy around the time the roster was decided? Chibi-Robo Ziplash. Check.
  • Moderate popularity in the ballot? Check.
  • Moveset potential? Check (Anything Mcleodgaming can do Sakurai can do better)
He's perfect.
I suppose. But Chibi really isn’t that well known, and didn’t Zip-Lash not meet success. He’s not really on the radar since he has to face off against characters from the ballot, and characters from recent games like Rhythm Heaven, Pokemon Sun and Moon, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. But at least he’s new.

But I also want Sin and Punishment and Advance Wars to get characters as well, if not at least a stage.

(Well I know that it’s very unlikely a character from those series will be DLC.)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does every character really need a new voice?

I feel like characters like Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Lucas, and Ness are fine as is.

Furthermore, the majority of characters in Smash either already don't use voice clips from Brawl, or just don't have voices at all, so I don't think they need changes either.

Sure, new voice clips would be cool, but it's not that big a deal if some characters don't get them.
Lucas, maybe.
I think I'm tired to PK Tender. :4ness:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Because a full story mode sounds like a big undertaking, I think a cool option would be to add Adventure Mode back
He's perfect.
Not that I disagree he'd be an excellent addition, I will point out that the link provided lists some hilarious front runners imo, such as

Wart
Lanky Kong
Fi
Abe Lincoln

I'd make fun of Zael too but I actually had him on a roster once so

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Does every character really need a new voice?

I feel like characters like Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Lucas, and Ness are fine as is.

Furthermore, the majority of characters in Smash either already don't use voice clips from Brawl, or just don't have voices at all, so I don't think they need changes either.

Sure, new voice clips would be cool, but it's not that big a deal if some characters don't get them.
Some of them desperately need them. And it's just not fair that some characters are stuck with these skubpar voices while others (who probably didn't need it) get brand new voices.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
He's perfect.
Well now that I think about.

Nintendo did use Chibi Robo the day before Mini Nintendo Direct in January.

So they still remember him, enough to use him as an advertisement for one of their most anticipated upcoming events.

I would still like him in Smash though.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The only character I actively want to have a different voice is Lyn, but she's an assist trophy so... *shrug*

The thing about Dual Audio is that, from a mechanical standpoint, it's very easy to make a menu to do it. On a money standpoint, I don't really see why it would be more expensive? Because they've already paid the actors for their work, since Nintendo now owns the voice work, technically they can do whatever they want with it. I'm not sure if there's cross-country licensing fees, though.

I imagine it has been more about disc space (you multiply the space taken up by the voice lines by however many different languages you are using per character). Maybe also that it's not something they thought people would want.
Generally it's saving space on the disc/cartridge as you stated. High quality sound clips especially voices usually require a decent amount of space. It's generally why dual audio has been a optional DLC option in recent years as it really a option only a minority of players will use and trying to justify the waste of space on the cartridge on the physical version is probably not worth it to Nintendo to do.

K E E P Y O U R E Y E S O P E N
The funny thing is the original line doesn't sound that much better if you were to directly translate the original taunt into English. "Minna, miteite kure!" which translates to "Everyone, please watch me!". In fact other then it being shorter, it mostly conveys the same general point really.

I find it funny they dubbed Marth but left Cloud and Roy out in the open.
Like what was the purpose? What point did it serve?
We haven't heard any voices for Roy yet I don't believe. Though Roy has had only one voice actor in English in the Fire Emblem Heroes game, while Marth's English Voice actor has been involved in a few different games including Heroes, Warriors, and short snippets in Fates with the Amiibo stuff if I recall right. It would make sense at least for Marth since his voice is well established now to newer Fire Emblem players. They could go the same route with Roy, but I'm not sure if they will or not.

Cloud's English voice actor I heard there are other issues associated with utilizing him, something about unions if I remember right.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Because a full story mode sounds like a big undertaking, I think a cool option would be to add Adventure Mode back

Not that I disagree he'd be an excellent addition, I will point out that the link provided lists some hilarious front runners imo, such as

Wart
Lanky Kong
Fi
Abe Lincoln

I'd make fun of Zael too but I actually had him on a roster once so
I actually would be glad if Fi made in as a newcomer. Skating and sliding around the stage for her dash and transforming into a sword for some of her attacks that's pretty neat. And in doubles she can transforms into a sword and her partner can pick it up and use it to attack. And we don't have any character Skyward Sword related so why not, bring her home Sakurai:)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Some of them desperately need them. And it's just not fair that some characters are stuck with these subpar voices while others (who probably didn't need it) get brand new voices.
But who though?
Most of the remaining Brawl voices are fine. Aside from Bowser and DK, they're all on point and fit their characters rather well.

As far as Brawl voices go, I believe we still have :ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultluigi::ultmario::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzss:
I didn't play the demo, so I don't know if :ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultlink::ultpokemontrainer:and :ulticeclimbers:'s voices have been changed or not.
Nobody knows whether :ultwolf:will be getting a new voice, though it wouldn't be surprising if he did, given that :ultfalco:and :ultfox:'s have changed.
And :ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrob::ultsamus: don't have voices to change.

Every other character has either had their voice changed already, or didn't appear in Brawl.

Honestly, I always found Melee's adventure mode kinda boring. If they bring it back, I hope they tune it up and give it more substance.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Honestly, I always found Melee's adventure mode kinda boring. If they bring it back, I hope they tune it up and give it more substance.
I'm gonna be real honest....

that was part of a bigger message that I changed my mind on and deleted, but because this website chooses what gets sent to the void randomly apparently it got dredged up

It was something about utilizing some of Smash Run's ideas into an Adventure Mode and adding bosses to it as well, or customizing Adventure Mode slightly for each character? the main point of the message was lost to time unfortunately.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
When I listen to the Smash Ultimate main theme close to the end of the soundtrack sounds rush hope that change it lost me.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi gets more anthropomorphic each installment

By the next Smash, he'll be a literal DevianArt anthro dinosaur...
Pretty sure Sakurai and his team are just trying to make him look more faithful to how he appears in other games.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
He's perfect.
I could see Chibi-Robo filling the spot of out-there character that Sakurai likes to have in every game.

I mean, he’s not Wii Fit Trainer or ROB, but definitely not Inkling or Ridley either

RandomAce

Smash Champion
But who though?
Most of the remaining Brawl voices are fine. Aside from Bowser and DK, they're all on point and fit their characters rather well.

As far as Brawl voices go, I believe we still have :ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultluigi::ultmario::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzss:
I didn't play the demo, so I don't know if :ultganondorf::ultzelda::ultlink::ultpokemontrainer:and :ulticeclimbers:'s voices have been changed or not.
Nobody knows whether :ultwolf:will be getting a new voice, though it wouldn't be surprising if he did, given that :ultfalco:and :ultfox:'s have changed.

Every other character has either had their voice changed already, or didn't appear in Brawl.

Link and Zelda’s have changed.

Fun Fact: Pit now says “I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO READ!” in his star K.O.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ganon, Link, Zelda and Pokemon Trainer (+Ivysaur and Squirtle) got new voice clips

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Weird thought, but could Ninten be considered the "Retro Character" for this game if he were to get in?

He comes from the NES-era, represents the first Nintendo RPG, and would be relatively easy to make, even if he weren't an echo.

I'd rather have someone like Lip or Ayumi, but Ninten as the retro rep could be a novel idea.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I’m looking back at everyone’s predictions, and so far most of the ones I see don’t have new Nintendo IPs, and instead characters from already existing ones aside from Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven, sometimes.

I’m hoping we get more new Nintendo IPS represented with characters aside from those, but since there’s going to be less than last time I can see why most of the newcomers are from existing or new third party series since they’re one of the most popular ones.
It would be nice to see one new IP sneak into the game that isn't among the usual suspects. There's a number of newcomers I'd like to see from pre-existing franchises, but there are also those from smaller franchises that I think have a lot of charm to them that a lot of people tend to overlook for one reason or another. So it would be fun to get a character from those franchises into the game so that they can get that chance to show what they can do.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnMkMZv3_Yc
Ubisoft might be involved with Smash Ultimate that means Rayman for smash just calling it now dont be surprise Im right.
Correlation does not equal Causation.

Just because there is a relationship between Smash Ultimate and Rayman Legend's Wallpapers doesn't mean that Rayman will be in Smash. In fact, I'd say there's no evidence for it right now. Why would Nintendo imitate Ubisoft's style instead of, you know, going with their own? The two just so happen to be related, and that's it.

Wait where did you hear that Ubisoft was involved with Smash Ultimate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnMkMZv3_Yc
Ubisoft might be involved with Smash Ultimate that means Rayman for smash just calling it now dont be surprise Im right.
Might is the keyword here.

Last edited:

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
But who though?

Dedede and Ness got new voice clips in SSB4.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm kinda sad that it's just gonna be a rerelease of the old amiibos instead of something new. I'd love to get my hands on a PoR Ike, ALttP Zelda, or a BotW Link with the master sword and hylian shield.
Wait... they are rereleasing SSB4 amiibos for Ultimate? Thank God! My wallet is saved!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
RandomAce said:
Fun Fact: Pit now says “I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO READ!” in his star K.O.
Please tell me you're joking, because that is hilarious! I better start aiming for the upper blast zone when against Pit.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Please tell me you're joking, because that is hilarious! I better start aiming for the upper blast zone when against Pit.
No, I’m not joking.

Bill and some other players imitated his Star K.O. during a treehouse live event while having Pit fight against Ike.

*Okay, I’m going to sleep NOW. Fortnite has been keeping me up lately.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I’m looking back at everyone’s predictions, and so far most of the ones I see don’t have new Nintendo IPs, and instead characters from already existing ones aside from Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven, sometimes.

I’m hoping we get more new Nintendo IPS represented with characters aside from those, but since there’s going to be less than last time I can see why most of the newcomers are from existing or new third party series since they’re one of the most popular ones.
Seems like the usual suspects people would like to see are: Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven and maybe some others. Can't think of which are popular at the moment tbh.

Golden Sun is definitely the one I would like to see get a character, Isaac or otherwise. I imagine there are some other options too.

I think it'd be cool to see Ever Oasis representation. Possibly not as a character. But I do hope that they continue to explore the series as I like the design space that it inhabits. Perhaps Smash could introduce it to a larger audience.

Same with the Wonderful 101.

So in that vein, which unrepresented (with characters) Nintendo IPs would you like to see represented in Smash?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Seems like the usual suspects people would like to see are: Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven and maybe some others. Can't think of which are popular at the moment tbh.

Golden Sun is definitely the one I would like to see get a character, Isaac or otherwise. I imagine there are some other options too.

I think it'd be cool to see Ever Oasis representation. Possibly not as a character. But I do hope that they continue to explore the series as I like the design space that it inhabits. Perhaps Smash could introduce it to a larger audience.

Same with the Wonderful 101.

So in that vein, which unrepresented (with characters) Nintendo IPs would you like to see represented in Smash?
Chibi-Robo is really the only unrepresented Nintendo IP that I'd like a newcomer from.

Though Dillon would be cool just to have a cowboy style character in the roster

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Same. I'm really hoping they'll offer some of the "missing" P2 amiibo (Robin, WFT, Alph etc) along with the re-release of the original amiibo.
Alph probably won't get an amiibo unless he's upgraded from alt skin. Which doesn't seem likely sadly

Probably same for male Wii Fit, Female Robin, etc.

(Just give my boy rock Pikmin :()

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom