• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wario doesn't take thots. He only takes the finest selections.
Pink Gold Peach for her metallic features, perhaps. and because its sentient walking money

Isn't Palutena an adult while Pit is canonically either 10 or 13? I know Japan has its........differences from the West but I'm pretty sure thats still frowned upon. The whole "wanting to see Pit undressed" thing requires context imo. For all I know its just her bathing her kid like a Mother would (even though I guess at 10 or 13 years of age that would still be pretty bizarre....)
Pit is only thirteen in looks alone. According to actual KI:U canon, Pit is at least 28 years old, if not older than that.
This is just what I know though. I have no stake in this argument.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I find it funny they dubbed Marth but left Cloud and Roy out in the open.
Like what was the purpose? What point did it serve?
Coulda sworn I saw some info somewhere saying Roy was dubbed too...hmmm

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nintendo is making Bowser look worse
What are you talking about?
b2b.png

How can you call this suave ************ ugly???

4Chan /v/ is complete and utter trash i recommend no one goes there or you will end up with terminal 7 I'm not kidding here's an image of a recent visitor
Haha yes let us make fun of the 4chin

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bayonetta certainly is though.
I guess it's more the literal meaning of the word "smash" but still
Bayo obviously sees a man whom she seems worthy in Pit, as she see a less perverted and most useful version of the legendary Luka (only Pit can defend himself and will protect those he cares for...unlike Luka)
Palutena getting buffed would be awesome. I love how her tilts look, but man do I wish they actually worked well. That and the end lag on her Smash Attacks is pretty bad.
Better idea...make :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit: top tier characters (top 2 since the edgy one counts as one)
They don't date
They certainly don't ****
They're immortal
And the argument of "it is like this because you can't prove it" is **** because you can't prove your own side either without pulling up R34.
Immortality got nothing to do with it
They’ve been through a date with something other than fighting and destiny, have “thought” about one another, care for each other, have lived together for 25+ years, and know LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT EACH OTHER
They’re practically more legit than most of the ships that come from Nintendo and Smash overall (:ultkirby:x:ultjigglypuff: , :ultbowser:x:ultpeach:, :ultlittlemac:x:ultsamus:/:ultwiifittrainer:, and sadly :ultrosalina:x:ultzss:...nope)
also you don’t gotta **** to love someone (that’s more of a bonus level)

don’t take seriously...cause Pitidi >
Palutena is obviously dating Wario, so don't even @ me
Wario? He’s too good for her, now if you said Bayonetta then you’d be onto something
Isn't Palutena an adult while Pit is canonically either 10 or 13? I know Japan has its........differences from the West but I'm pretty sure thats still frowned upon. The whole "wanting to see Pit undressed" thing requires context imo. For all I know its just her bathing her kid like a Mother would (even though I guess at 10 or 13 years of age that would still be pretty bizarre....)

Also, Captain Falcon and Samus is best Smash ship. Snake has his own canonical thing/not thing to worry about. Ships as a whole can get pretty toxic though so we probably shouldn't continue this much further...
If they had human age then yeah (though for all we know he’s turned 18 human wise/whatever age angels have, and the undressing part occurs with Pit in a hot spring by himself when she talks about it (wholesome Viridi don’t roll that way). If she was bathing him then that would only question how he’s leadimg anything...also good for Snake

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'd assume Roy would be also dubbed since he is in FE Heroes
I hope not. I'd miss "Boku Wa Makanai!" Hearing some guy with a 15 year old's voice saying "I will, not lose!" in place of it would be......disturbing.

At least give me the option to stick with Japanese Roy.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I hope not. I'd miss "Boku Wa Makanai!" Hearing some guy with a 15 year old's voice saying "I will, not lose!" in place of it would be......disturbing.

At least give me the option to stick with Japanese Roy.
Last time I checked, Roy's English voice is actually fairly deep. Honestly, his Japanese voice sounds younger than his English one.

Ray Chase actually does a pretty good job as Roy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hearing some guy with a 15 year old's voice saying "I will, not lose!" in place of it would be......disturbing.
Marth was 16 in Shadow Dragon, but I guess that doesn't make up for it since it's a three-year timeskip to FE3. :p
People speculate Roy wouldn't be dubbed because of his game not being released internationally, but that still leaves Cloud. There isn't a reason why he shouldn't have his dubbed voice actor (Steve Burton). Also found out Cloud isn't even that tall. He's Little Mac height. Seriously why are there so many people taller than Mac when they're either the same or shorter than him?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You better not shout! You better not cry! You better now pout I'm telling you why, tehponycorn is coming with "leaks."

That's right, I'm back with yet another set today. We start with some breaking news:
Some sort of Smash Bros. event is occuring on the 13th. It seems to be Japanese only for the time being. A rough Google Translation says:
[Topics] "Super Smash Bros. Super Smash Bros. SPECIAL" starts reservation from 7/13 tomorrow! New amiibo also decided on release date!
Relevant 4chan thread

Anyways, here's the next set. No bonus "leak".
Direct somewhere in august, not entirely sure.
Smash Run will come back.
Thats all I know, peace.
Oh yeah, and I know that MANY people have said that King K. Rool is coming in, he is. Due to his popularity in Japan and the fact that we need more DK reps, Nintendo decided to do DK fans a favor and add K. Rool in.
Hey everyone I’ve got a source that’s told me the remaining characters in smash ultimate. Obviously I can’t reveal his name or mine because he is under an undisclosed contract and he could get in major trouble. If you believe me or not it’s your choice. Anyways there will be nine other new characters 3 being Echo Fighters, 3 being third party, and 3 being first party. The new Echo Fighters will be Dark Samus, Dixie Kong, and Shadow. The new 3rd party characters will be Simon Belmont, Rayman, and some sort of Minecraft character which honestly shocked me. The other characters will be King K. Rool, Issac, and the Chorus Men. My source has told me there will be dlc, at least 6 DLC characters and those will be Geno, Paper Mario, Decidueye, Rex, Travis Touchdown, and Waluigi. Waluigi will be dlc because my source told me the fan outcry for Waluigi to be in smash was heard so they are gonna scrap his assist trophy and develop him as dlc. So that’s it. Believe it if you want but according to my source Nintendo will announce Simon Belmont at the end of a July direct.
Alright, kids. Want some info?

> Game will have around 8 DLC characters, 2 third party reps

> King K Rool as a new DK rep

> WarioWare Rep

> Simon Belmont, just as leaked by Vergeben

>Dixie as a Diddy Kong echo, only a different Final Smash

> Geno finally added into the roster

> New stages : Sarasaland, New Donk Kingdom, Gangplank Galleon representing both Dixie and K. Rool and a final Minecraft stage
Paper Mario is not being worked on as a new character, this might have been a mistake or an intentional circle by the leaker. Geno is going to be the next/final Mario rep for Ultimate.

King K. Rool is planned to be the focal point of the next surprise Smash trailer, debuting towards the end of this month. Dixie Kong will be showed off midway during the trailer as an Echo of Diddy Kong. The end of the trailer is supposed to be an animated sequence where D.K. comes out to save Dixie and Diddy from K. Rool and a bunch of surrounding Kremlings.

King K. Rool's moveset involves using a canon, his claws, his Up B is a helicopter move ripped from Baron from DK3. Final Smash is similar to the new Bowser finale, K Rool turns giant and punches the screen in a similar appearance to Dk64 (boxing gear).

All Other characters on this image are correct including Dark Samus and Ashley. I will explain further.

Heihachi has been in consideration since Smash 4. But Ryu was picked over him as Sakurai thought Ryu was more iconic. Heihachi was one of the first characters chosen for Ultimate back in 2015. His trailer is thought to heavily involve him Vs. Ryu. No other Tekken characters are set to be involved.

They removed Isabelle's assist in the early development and was, of course, thought of as a Villager echo. She still is and she has various graphical changes to her attacks. (an example is her Up-Air and Down-Air are not turnips, but Bell bags from AC.)

Shadow was chosen as a character because of his appeal on the smash ballot, he was the most asked for Sonic character apparently. He is easy to implement as a clone of Sonic in both moveset and Final Smash. His assist is obviously removed and replaced by Knuckles. Shadow doesn't run in GHZ for this reason.

Amaterasu is in early development and planned for after release DLC. She will most likely use elemental attacks. Geno is also expected to be DLC after the game's release after fan outcry in the Smash ballot.

I also forgot to mention that the "Leak to End All Leaks!" isn't totally wrong. Skull Kid was not developed in any way and is not in the game playable. Simon Belmont fell through as well as there was a desire to not go overboard with 3rd Party. Simon could still be underway but I haven't heard a thing about him.
According to the prophecy, in the japanese Live Stream of Mario Tennis Aces and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, or even in another event, will show more gameplay of the games, and show a new character, and this character would be a Tetris Representation.

In the prophecy, Lip is a playable character, but Arle Nadja is a Assist Trophy, but not enough of Puzzle representatives, a Tetris stage will be in the game, but in fact, a Tetris Representative Character will be in the game.

If the prophecy fails, i don't know will be happends

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
Bayo obviously sees a man whom she seems worthy in Pit, as she see a less perverted and most useful version of the legendary Luka (only Pit can defend himself and will protect those he cares for...unlike Luka)

Better idea...make :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit: top tier characters (top 2 since the edgy one counts as one)

Immortality got nothing to do with it
They’ve been through a date with something other than fighting and destiny, have “thought” about one another, care for each other, have lived together for 25+ years, and know LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT EACH OTHER
They’re practically more legit than most of the ships that come from Nintendo and Smash overall (:ultkirby:x:ultjigglypuff: , :ultbowser:x:ultpeach:, :ultlittlemac:x:ultsamus:/:ultwiifittrainer:, and sadly :ultrosalina:x:ultzss:...nope)
also you don’t gotta **** to love someone (that’s more of a bonus level)

don’t take seriously...cause Pitidi >

Wario? He’s too good for her, now if you said Bayonetta then you’d be onto something

If they had human age then yeah (though for all we know he’s turned 18 human wise/whatever age angels have, and the undressing part occurs with Pit in a hot spring by himself when she talks about it (wholesome Viridi don’t roll that way). If she was bathing him then that would only question how he’s leadimg anything...also good for Snake
They totally **** though. "At dinner time I always show the cook some love" ;)

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
You better not shout! You better not cry! You better now pout I'm telling you why, tehponycorn is coming with "leaks."

That's right, I'm back with yet another set today. We start with some breaking news:
Some sort of Smash Bros. event is occuring on the 13th. It seems to be Japanese only for the time being. A rough Google Translation says:

Relevant 4chan thread
That's literally the pre-order date for the game. It also says new amiibo pre-orders start the same day (tomorrow for them)

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Not sure if this has been posted, but Ridley and Inkling are available for Pre-Order on Best Buy. Not sure how well that will hold up but it's something.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not sure if this has been posted, but Ridley and Inkling are available for Pre-Order on Best Buy. Not sure how well that will hold up but it's something.
It'll sell out, but it's not a situation with 2014 amiibos to where they don't have enough in stock. It's been plenty of years for them to figure out the algorithm of how many to make.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I need to see with my own eyes nothing happens before we conclude nothing happens
I mean, I'm not really concluding anything I'm just reading. Even if something happens tomorrow for whatever reason (probably won't), this post is only about the game's pre-order, when the new amiibo release (the same day as the game) and their pre-order day and how you can get that beautiful poster leaflet! way back down from some stores. Says nothing else.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I would love a Persona 5 Switch port to play on the go. Such an addictive game. Throw Joker in Smash and we good to go
Persona 5 on Switch would be great on the but I fear no force on earth would be able to pry my hands from that game.
Palutena is definitely a big offender for having bad frame data for attacks that lack any real KO potential. Make her normal attacks quicker (except for the smash attacks, since they'd have the most KO potential) to execute, and improve their KO viability.
As someone who really wanted Palutena to be good in Smash, yes to all these things, although I wouldn't mind if her Smash attacks were just a little faster, or at least her windbox was stronger and had more length.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Shipping is dumb. It's all noncanon anyways unless the game explicitly says one pairing is canon cough xenoblade cough.

Now you know what's even more salt inducing than shipping arguments? Power-scaling arguments. You wouldn't believe how many people want to mention that Kirby is the god-king of the universe whenever this topic is brought up.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shipping is dumb. It's all noncanon anyways unless the game explicitly says one pairing is canon cough xenoblade cough.

Now you know what's even more salt inducing than shipping arguments? Power-scaling arguments. You wouldn't believe how many people want to mention that Kirby is the god-king of the universe whenever this topic is brought up.
Kirby isn't god-king of the universe.
He could eat the god-king of the universe.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
View attachment 152658
I knew it, Palutena is a freak

Also, Captain Falcon and Samus is best Smash ship. Snake has his own canonical thing/not thing to worry about. Ships as a whole can get pretty toxic though so we probably shouldn't continue this much further...
Well to be fair Pit is actually 23+ years old

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

What could this mean?

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master

Kirby, Metroid, and Kid Icarus fans are all locked in an eternal sperg war that rages to this day over this exact topic.
Meanwhile Shulk can eat the universe or something? IDK. I blame that awful Death Battle program the kids are watching these days.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Wolf amiibo! It looks so good! They're also re-releasing the other Smash amiibo for anyone who doesn't have certain ones!
Wolf Amiibo!? Coming soon?

YAS!?

*sees $16 price tag

43971E5A-C41D-4D88-8805-6775C0E6C8F9.png

I’m poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom