• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
They can gloat all they want right now, but they have to eventually wake up that Daisy is not exactly going to be a big hype newcomer because while there will be tiny differences. It's essentially just going to be like playing as Peach a 2nd time.
Speaking as someone who was personally excited for Lucina's inclusion (she was my main for the longest time), I personally don't really see why though. They gave her a different model, different taunts and victory animations, her own announcer clip, etc.

If I were a Daisy supporter, I'd be over the moon with joy now. I wouldn't care if others weren't as hype.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, I just thought of the possibility of more smash taunts. If they do return (which is very likely), what characters aside from those who had one before would you like to see have one? I am fine with :ultfox: & :ultfalco: having their own for example, but seeing one for :ultlink:, :ultcloud:, :ultshulk: or :ultyounglink: would be nice as well.
In the perfect world, we'd get all these.
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: on Star Fox Series Stages.
:ultsnake: on Shadow Moses Island (Otacon, Colonel and Mei Ling Codecs).
:ultpit: on Palutena's Temple (calls :ultpalutena: specifically, Viridi sometimes shows up).
:ultdarkpit: on Palutena's Temple (calls Viridi specifically, :ultpalutena: sometimes shows up).
:ultyounglink: on Gerudo Valley or Great Bay Temple (Navi/Tatl info).
:ultpokemontrainer:on any stage ("Pokédex" entries).

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I just wanna see Robin's final smash, regardless of what it means for Chrom.

Do they deal a big electric attack? Just call Chrom still? Or Tharja? Morgan? Or some dope Grima stuff. I need to know

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Overall. I’ll play characters just to see more fire. Lol.

Charizard’s tail looks very crisp because of it.
That tail has never looked more sexy up until this point
You know, I just thought of the possibility of more smash taunts. If they do return (which is very likely), what characters aside from those who had one before would you like to see have one? I am fine with :ultfox: & :ultfalco: having their own for example, but seeing one for :ultlink:, :ultcloud:, :ultshulk: or :ultyounglink: would be nice as well.
I’d rather keep it to :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultsnake::ultpit::ultlittlemac:...but if we were to have some more...:ultinkling:and Cranky Kong

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
In Smash 4 speculation, we would all wait anxiously for the Pic of the Day to show off a veteran.

For Smash Ultimate, they threw the "who's gonna come back?" argument right out the ****in' window.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
In the perfect world, we'd get all these.
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: on Star Fox Series Stages.
:ultsnake: on Shadow Moses Island (Otacon, Colonel and Mei Ling Codecs).
:ultpit: on Palutena's Temple (calls :ultpalutena: specifically, Viridi sometimes shows up).
:ultdarkpit: on Palutena's Temple (calls Viridi specifically, :ultpalutena: sometimes shows up).
:ultyounglink: on Gerudo Valley or Great Bay Temple (Navi/Tatl info).
:ultpokemontrainer:on any stage ("Pokédex" entries).
This is why we need Cranky Kong.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I legitimately feel Yu Narukami is a legitimate possibility, Persona 4 is one of the most popular JRPGs of all time, and for a game so prolific it would actually make a lot of sense for his inclusion, especially since we already have multiple characters already from SEGA (Although Arle is still best pick I admit), for his moveset he could use his moves from the Arena series, and I imagine the use of a Persona would make him very unique.
I'd love it if either he or Joker made it into Smash.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
OKAY!

I've compiled a list of the top ten most active, and most supported Newcomers on this site.
They are ordered by the number of Supporters. The sole exceptions are K. Rool, Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee: K. Rool has a Support List so huge that BKupa666 had to stop recording them; Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee simply don't seem to have Support Lists? Maybe they were in the same boat, I don't know. I had to use K. Rool's Smash 4 era support list, but I imagine it's... bigger, let's just say that.

K. Rool
#1 Most Active; 661 Known Supporters​
Isaac
#3 Most Active; 372 Supporters​
Dixie Kong
#8 Most Active; 202 Supporters​
Captain Toad
#11 Most Active*; 151 Supporters​
Ashley
#2 Most Active; 138 Supporters (86 Supporters listed on Main Page)​
Lip
#7 Most Active; 117 Supporters​
Takamaru
#9 Most Active; 62 Supporters​
Geno
#6 Most Active; 52 Supporters​
Elma
#10 Most Active*; 50 Supporters​
Krystal
#4 Most Active; Unknown Support Number​
B. W. Dee
#5 Most Active; Unknown Support Number​

*With Captain Toad and Elma, their threads were equally active, and had almost the same amount of posts when I was compiling the list.
I didn't add a supporters list this time because I think those things are pretty pointless.
If you really want to support a character for Smash, you could do fanart, defend the character, or sent tweets and e-mails, etc.
Not just say "put my name in the OP, please", because most of the time that's just bandwagon.

Also I don't post too much in the new Bandana Dee thread because... I don't know, the character threads are boring and a lot of cool old users left, I just post in this one.

During Smash 4's speculation period I added a poll to the thread that shows 944 "supporters".
But I will not make a poll or a list for this one haha.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
If we're going to be calling the Persona 4 protagonist Yu Narukami, shouldn't we call the Persona 5 protagonist Ren Amamiya?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Guys its a hard pill to swallow but we should listen to Palutena
Got it.
Palutena is Mad.png

If you say so Palutena.

inb4 Palutena is top tier in Ultimate.
I just wanna see Robin's final smash, regardless of what it means for Chrom.
Do they deal a big electric attack? Just call Chrom still? Or Tharja? Morgan? Or some dope Grima stuff. I need to know
Oh man, I would absolutely LOVE if the Morgans showed up in Borin's Robin's final Smash.

That would be absolutely incredible.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It would make more sense for Pittoo to talk to Viridi on the Reset Bomb Forest stage than a place he would have no real care for (plus unlike Pit, he definitely wouldn’t want any advice from Palutena if given the choice...so just Viridi while she does double duty for Pit, for some of that Pitidi)
Aw hell naw with Viridi being a part timer, she needs to be in most of the guidances like she was in Smash 4 (the Pitidi game is too strong to limit)
Maybe, but that cute picture of Rosalina isn’t

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Do any of you have hopes for the game's less important features?

I would like for Bowser to have a voice, or clips other than reused ones from Smash 4 and Brawl. He has a voice actor, so I don't see the issue. Shinichiro Miki has been providing the voice of Charizard since Smash 64, with new clips for every game. And even if they don't want to pay a voice actor, they could create or find new monster roars/shrieks/growls to use. DK doesn't have a voice actor but he gets new voice clips every game (the dream would be for Grant Kirkhope to voice him like in Double Dash).

Same goes for Diddy Kong. And if K. Rool makes it, I hope they choose Benedict Campbell to voice him.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

These are all of the past stage that have not been revealed (credits to ElemtrikDynomite on Reddit for this). Considering how not all of these may come back, which stages would you all like to see return (31 stages are here).
Melee Yoshi's Island was always one of my favorites
Fountain of Dreams in glorious HD
Pirate Ship
Pac-Maze

Also wouldn't mind
Delfino Plaza
Wooly World (I loved the music so much I went and bought the game...and then remembered that I hate platformers)
Jungle Hijinx
Orbital Gate Assault just because they spent a year making that stage

And I'd love if they gave us a Miiverse pack filled with the most inappropriate BS jokes just because. I always loved playing on that stage since it was so random and funny.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd love for palutena to be good. Fix her tilts. And make everything else good too :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's because every fighter so far in the blog has been showcased in the Direct or was in the E3 build. Characters like Yoshi, Meta Knight and Greninja would be grateful for just 2 sentences of info...
Even Rosalina feels like she's not getting much attention.

jigglypuff needs to get a buff:

low tier to top tier
Jigglypuff probably shouldn't receive buffs that make it too dominant. Getting it to the C-tier level would be the better option.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I didn't add a supporters list this time because I think those things are pretty pointless.
If you really want to support a character for Smash, you could do fanart, defend the character, or sent tweets and e-mails, etc.
Not just say "put my name in the OP, please", because most of the time that's just bandwagon.

Also I don't post too much in the new Bandana Dee thread because... I don't know, the character threads are boring and a lot of cool old users left, I just post in this one.

During Smash 4's speculation period I added a poll to the thread that shows 944 "supporters".
Fair enough!
Though I will say there is a difference between caring enough to ask to be put on the list and going on a poll and saying "yeah, I wouldn't mind [character] if they got in". XD
Like, there are 1,000 people who wouldn't mind seeing Bandana Dee, but there would probably only be a few hundred people who would actually care enough to actively go out of their way to post on the thread "hey, can you add me to the support list? I really like BWD!"

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman

I would like for Bowser to have a voice, or clips other than reused ones from Smash 4 and Brawl. He has a voice actor, so I don't see the issue. Shinichiro Miki has been providing the voice of Charizard since Smash 64, with new clips for every game. And even if they don't want to pay a voice actor, they could create or find new monster roars/shrieks/growls to use. DK doesn't have a voice actor but he gets new voice clips every game (the dream would be for Grant Kirkhope to voice him like in Double Dash).

Same goes for Diddy Kong. And if K. Rool makes it, I hope they choose Benedict Campbell to voice him.
I have a few.

I'd like it so that you can choose which order you choose characters and stages in. Right now, it looks like you choose stages first and then characters. But if possible, I'd like it so you can choose which one you prefer. It's minor, but more options are never a bad thing.

I want Mario's classic outfit from Donkey Kong to return. The one with red overalls, and a blue shirt and a blue hat. Not likely, but it was my favorite outfit in Melee and Brawl, and I was sad to see it go.

If possible, I'd like Lucina to have the same voice clips from Smash 4. I personally prefer Laura Bailey's take on the character to Alexis Tipton's. Though considering they went to the effort of giving Marth his English VA (and possibly Roy's too), I doubt this will happen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I agree so much.
There's currently a guy who's going around the support threads saying "I've never heard of this character! You have my support!"
Like what?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay but in all seriousness, my joke actually made me want Gru in Smash, it will never, ever, ever happen under any circumstance, but if it did I would be actually be hype for how ridiculous it would actually be.View attachment 152649
Missed opportunity for this tagline.

GRU.

STUFFS YOU ALL IN THE CRUST!.

Oh and it's good to see Mega Man 4 getting a remix, hopefully this means we will get some remixes for more underappreciated games like 7 or 8.

Memes aside, where did you get that image? (the Palutena holding a sign template specifically)

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

Wolf amiibo! It looks so good! They're also re-releasing the other Smash amiibo for anyone who doesn't have certain ones!

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I have one. You know how Kirby, King Dedede and Wario can use their neutral B's to eat items and heal from them?

Yoshi should have that too. Makes no sense why you'd keep that from him

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This reminds me of a not so family friendly meme about Pit’s illiteratcy and Palutena’s everything
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd love for palutena to be good. Fix her tilts. And make everything else good too :)
Palutena is definitely a big offender for having bad frame data for attacks that lack any real KO potential. Make her normal attacks quicker (except for the smash attacks, since they'd have the most KO potential) to execute, and improve their KO viability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom