• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait.

Where did we maybe see Orbital Gate Assualt?

I can't find it.
There's a Meta Knight screenshot on the "about" page on the website that has him with the Galacta Knight colors on a space background. Some claim it's Orbital Gate Assault, but it seems closer to the unknown space stage (likely Final Destination) in that Fox screenshot with the black hole to me. It's also just the background, so even if they changed the background and the rest of the stage is intact, it's impossible to tell right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
>not being hyped for chibi-robo
View attachment 152700

Chibi-Robo takes the janitor job and makes it fun. You don't just do that by luck.
Each to their own. I think Chibi-Robo might be interesting but it depends on his moveset.

But if he gets in, I'm expecting lame visual jokes for him and R.O.B. or I'll be angry.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Geez, we're doing the Smash Template now? I've seen those on 4chan for weeks.

Speaking of: I've got another set of "leaks" for ya'll.
"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Metal Mario (Echo for Mario)
>Waluigi (Newcomer, bamboozle by Sakurai)
>Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Random Kingdom Hearts stage
>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

More to come in the future.

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 3:

Alright bois heres a leak for ya
On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held
> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Gameplay trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

> Kirby Star Allies dream friends are revealed alongside their release date.

> Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> Cuphead is coming to Nintendo switch

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Nintendo direct in August, can't say which day
-Opens with trailer for Yoshi, still no title, showcasing co-op
-More information on Pokemon lets go
-More information on Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

>Direct is switch focused and may or may not include a couple of 3DS titles
>New Super Mario Sunshine inspired DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
>New info for upcoming Yoshi game with a new trailer
> Small teaser for Pikmin 4
> New Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> New F-Zero game labeled "F-Zero Heat Turbo" keep in mind its a working title
> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Do we have time for bonus "leak"?

Don't say that I don't love you guys, because I have 2 bonus "leaks".
Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
I work at Nintendo of America. IT IS NOT FUN OR SATISFYING!
> Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy to **** with everyone
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> Pichu I’m smash ultimate is way better than in melee.
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers
Believe in it if you want, but it’s true.
Don’t expect anything else unless I don’t get fired.
**** Nintendo of America, **** you

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:
The “code names” post was not inaccurate

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters
The new character total including Ridley and Daisy was 15 not 12
A lesser known mario character to complete the mario party playables collection
And a second representative from a popular non-Nintendo franchise.

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.
I'd just like to point out that leak three specifies that we'll see an announcement for Mario, Zelda and Pokemon Funko Pops.

And guess what NintendoLife recently posted about? That's right, we might be getting Pokemon Funko Pops.

Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Jungle Hijinx probably won't return because there are a lot of Final Smashes that effect the background. This is a stage where you can jump between the background and the foreground so that'll probably screw things up.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Jungle Hijinx probably won't return because there are a lot of Final Smashes that effect the background. This is a stage where you can jump between the background and the foreground so that'll probably screw things up.
I don't think that'll be a huge issue. Finding a way to implement Bowser Jr's Final Smash on this stage for Smash 4 was probably a bigger problem than working around items and Final Smashes that add a temporary background.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This isn't really an issue. All the background changes would effect the far background and not the background layer that people can fight in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think that'll be a huge issue. Finding a way to implement Bowser Jr's Final Smash on this stage for Smash 4 was probably a bigger problem than working around items and Final Smashes that add a temporary background.
... I just realized I don't know what happens when you do that? I'm not home for another few hours so can someone test what happens then?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'd just like to point out that leak three specifies that we'll see an announcement for Mario, Zelda and Pokemon Funko Pops.

And guess what NintendoLife recently posted about? That's right, we might be getting Pokemon Funko Pops.

Especially curious since the Pokemon Funko Pop in question apparently wasn't supposed to leave the warehouse yet...

If that leak were true, imagine the RAGE Waluigi fans would have if the New Super Mario World game DID INDEED swap out Yellow Toad for Wario but NOT Blue Toad. It's bad enough as it is.

But if that indeed also comes alongside a Switch version of Cuphead, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, AND a 3D Remake of Mother 3, then count me a happy boy!

We'll see if this is true or not. Only 10 days away... then again, if the Direct REALLY IS to be held on the 22nd... that'd be a Sunday... I don't think they do Sunday Directs, but just because they HAVEN'T doesn't mean they won't I guess?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I figured I'd give my input on which stages are returning and which are not

Peach's Castle and Kongo Jungle: While I know even stages from the Wii U version are getting recreated, it would still seem pointless not to just port these stages over as they'd look identical anyway. Especially since Kongo Jungle Melee was renamed. But it leaves me wondering if Peach's Castle Melee will be renamed

Zebes: It's very similar to Brinstar. While also different enough that both can coexist. But I do kinda doubt it

Sector Z: Highly doubtful, while a bit bigger than Corneria, they're still essentially the same

Mushroom Kingdom (both): I think we're getting one or none. We do already have Mushroomy Kingdom too. And Mario Maker for SMB1 stuff. But I do think we'll get one. Both is possible but not likely in my books.

Rainbow Ride: I'm leaning towards no. Stages as dynamic and platform heavy as this seem be a thing of the past. Even Orbital Gate was more like different sections instead of constant movement. And 3D Land either always has plenty of place to land or it's not actually scrolling. We also do have a lot of Mario stages already

Yoshi's Island Melee: It was in the Wii U version, but those stages are getting updated too. So just porting could mean standing out more unlike the 64 stages. But it has been here since Melee so why not?

Fountain of Dreams: It's a megaton fan favourite for its beautiful visuals. It has no reason not to return honestly

Poke Floats: This one gets mixed love and hate. But I don't think it's returning, very dynamic like Rainbow Ride and you start on a giant Squirtle who is also playable.

Brinstar Depths: I'm leaning towards yes. We know the stage is getting a new remix. And it had a very memorable atmosphere and Kraid is pretty popular. Helps Metroid only has 3 stages back so far.

Mute City: Mute City is coming back, I have no doubt on that, question is which one. I actually think it will either be both or this one. Mute City is the most iconic F-Zero location. It should come back

Icicle Mountain: Vertically scolling stages seem gone and it wasn't exactly popular

Delphino Plaza: I hope it's back. We are getting a new remix so I think it has a good chance. But we do have a lot of Mario stages

Mario Bros: This stage was a mess. 8 player might improve it but this was one of the most unplayable stages ever made, but I could see it coming back. But I do lean towards no if they have to limit themselves.

Jungle Falls: See Icicle Mountain

Pirate Ship: The only unconfirmed Zelda stage. It's a stage to me that should return but Spirit Train does seem to have the toon games covered. Especially with it being in the background of Toon Links page on the site. So I'm actually thinking its not coming back which is a shame to me

Hanenbow: This and Miiverse are currently the only emblemed universe not in smash ultimate. I think that's probably how its going to be too.

Golden Plains: This is a tricky one. We know Golden effect is back, but it's affect has been changed to that of a Xerneas like powerup rather than completely stopping knockback. It's gimmick was initially designed to take advantage of 3DS but it be tweaked to work on other systems. I lean towards no though.

Rainbow Road: This stage should be back, Rainbow Road is probably the most iconic Mario Kart track out there and it sucks we just have two Mario Circuits right now, even with so many Mario stages, this just seems like something that should be back. I mean the Wii U version had 4 different Rainbow Road themes.

Paper Mario: I think we should have a stage from the Mario RPG series. But I think we're getting a new stage instead. Mario has always gotten more than one new stage. Even with all of its returning stages I still expect Mario to get multiple new stages too. On top of New Donk, I'm thinking a Bowser themed stage (me thinks World Bowser or generic castle) and a Mario RPG stage (Paper Jam would be brilliant if pulled from the entirety of both series)

Dream Land: This stage gave me the impression it was only there for the handheld aspect of the 3DS version. It'd have a cool gimmick if it wasn't limited to one franchise. I'm leaning towards no

Mute City: While I think Melee Mute City will take priority, I actually think we're getting every F-Zero stage just like Earthbound is. It's also unique in its layout among the F-Zero stages and stages as a whole.

Pac-Maze: Here's the thing, I actually think we're only getting one stage per third party franchise, and it's gimmick was very dependent on the 3DS.

Woolly World: No way it doesn't in my opinion. Woolly World was successful enough, got a bunch of tie in amiibo, a 3DS port and a sequel on the way. With its unique aesthetic, I can't see them leaving it out

Jungle Hijinx: I'm curious how this stage will function with more dynamic backgrounds but I don't think it's a big deal. It should return

Pyrosphere: Definitely don't see this happening, with Ridley FINALLY playable, I don't think they'll also have him as a boss, even if that was a clone

Orbital Gate Assault: They put a lot of effort into this stage, I don't see them not returning it. Plus it helps it might have actually been spotted on Meta Knights stage

Gamer: I don't see why this stage wouldn't be back. Unless the dynamic backgrounds would affect the mum too much. But Wario only has one stage so far. And this was an awesome stage.

Windy Hill Zone: Again, I think Third Party stages are stuck with one stage each, sort of equal them out in way. And Green Hill is THE sonic stage. Plus if we got another, I think it would be from Forces or Mania

Miiverse: nope
So...
:ultmario:: 9 stages MIA
:ultlink:: 1 stage MIA
:ultdk:: 3 stages MIA
:ultsamus:: 3 stages MIA
:ultfox:: 2 stages MIA
:ultyoshi:: 2 stages MIA
:ultkirby:: 2 stages MIA
:ultpikachu:: 1 stage MIA
:ultfalcon:: 2 stages MIA
:ultwario:: 1 stage MIA
:ultsonic:: 1 stage MIA
:ultpacman:: 1 stage MIA
Other: 2 stages MIA.

Mario lost a bunch, but that series still has loads of stages in. But for the series that don’t have many, missing 2 or 3 is a lot. Are they holding stages for newcomers? Do they have new stages planned for those series?

It’d be interesting to see if some of these stages are being held for other newcomers, or if they’re just dropping them or still updating the visuals.

With how beloved Fountain of Dreams is, it’d be a weird choice not to bring it back. I think the ones that ended up as Sm4sh DLC would also be obvious returns. Bringing back Spirit Train over Pirate Ship - Tink uses the Wind Waker in taunts so he’s from WW, not ST - was strange...the only reason I could see cutting Pirate Ship completely is if they’re repurposing a lot of it for any other crocodilian pirate newcomers, otherwise I expect it back.

It’s a shame to lose Pac-Maze since many more people are familiar with that style than MS Paint. But there’s no official rule about number of third party stages, they’d just need to get a workaround for the 3DS only mechanic.

I was never a huge fan of Orbital Gate, but Sakurai always made a point about how long that stage took to program. Seems a waste not to bring it back after all of that.

Also the music: hopefully loads of tracks come back, but by now there have been songs on different stages? What songs will shuffle where?

More info can’t come fast enough...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
After all that, I think the following would be my stage prediction

64:
Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle

Melee:
Mushroom Kingdom
Yoshi's Island
Fountain of Dreams
Mute City
Brinstar Depths

Brawl:
Delphino Plaza
Pirate Ship

3DS:
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Mute City

Wii U:
Woolly World
Jungle Hijinx
Orbital Gate Assault
Gamer
Flatzone X

New:
World Bowser
BeanBean Kingdom
Homecoming Hijinx
SR-388
Patched Plains
Exeggcutor Island
Dueling Nations (Hoshido/Nohr)
Leftherian Archipelago
Rhythm Heaven
PictoChat X
Dracula's Castle
Excitebike Arena
Big Battlefield

Maybe Minecraft since I'm following vergenben, but I feel if we get Minecraft content, we're also getting Banjo Kazooie, and I don't think I'm ready for that. Tetris stage would also be interesting

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Geez, we're doing the Smash Template now? I've seen those on 4chan for weeks.

Speaking of: I've got another set of "leaks" for ya'll.
"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Metal Mario (Echo for Mario)
>Waluigi (Newcomer, bamboozle by Sakurai)
>Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Random Kingdom Hearts stage
>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

More to come in the future.

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
"Leak" 3:

Alright bois heres a leak for ya
On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held
> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Gameplay trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

> Kirby Star Allies dream friends are revealed alongside their release date.

> Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> Cuphead is coming to Nintendo switch

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Nintendo direct in August, can't say which day
-Opens with trailer for Yoshi, still no title, showcasing co-op
-More information on Pokemon lets go
-More information on Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

>Direct is switch focused and may or may not include a couple of 3DS titles
>New Super Mario Sunshine inspired DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
>New info for upcoming Yoshi game with a new trailer
> Small teaser for Pikmin 4
> New Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> New F-Zero game labeled "F-Zero Heat Turbo" keep in mind its a working title
> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Do we have time for bonus "leak"?

Don't say that I don't love you guys, because I have 2 bonus "leaks".
Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
I work at Nintendo of America. IT IS NOT FUN OR SATISFYING!
> Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy to **** with everyone
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> Pichu I’m smash ultimate is way better than in melee.
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers
Believe in it if you want, but it’s true.
Don’t expect anything else unless I don’t get fired.
**** Nintendo of America, **** you

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:
The “code names” post was not inaccurate

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters
The new character total including Ridley and Daisy was 15 not 12
A lesser known mario character to complete the mario party playables collection
And a second representative from a popular non-Nintendo franchise.

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.

I appreciate that Leak 3 doesn't know which level in NSMBU was hand painted. It's literally called 'Painted Swampland".

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
http://imgur.com/gallery/QHuJEcK

Here's a comparison

It's not perfect, but I the only other option of the returning stages is Lylat Cruise and I don't remember a planet like that in the stage
Yeah that's definitely Orbital Gate Assault.

The planet seals it.

That said. I'm happy.

I always liked Orbital Gate Assault.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I was wondering what your reactions would be if....

1) if the release date is delayed to Spring 2019
2) if we never got Mewtwo, Dr Mario, Lucas, or Roy in Smash 4 in light of everyone returning for Ultimate.
3) if the game was clearly stated by Sakurai as being a port of Smash 4.
4) if we only saw a handful of veterans plus the three newcomers yet get daily veteran reveals via daily blogs. So some characters are revealed through the daily blog.
5) if Sakurai announced that this is his last Smash game.
6) if the three revealed newcomers were the only ones

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I'm guessing I made this up but didn't they say MKDX wouldn't get any dlc? It is kind of weird it gets a DLC announcment +1 year after release

2) if we never got Mewtwo, Dr Mario, Lucas, or Roy in Smash 4 in light of everyone returning for Ultimate.
4) if we only saw a handful of veterans plus the three newcomers yet get daily veteran reveals via daily blogs. So some characters are revealed through the daily blog.
1. I'm torn. On one hand I think we are spoiled with such a quick turn around, but also this is turning out to be one of the dullest speculation periods for me so I'm glad it releases in December. Normally I would say if it makes a better game great! But the game has already got Ridley so I'm good lol. I'd be ok with it if Sakurai pinpointed what was added in that time, which wouldn't happen. I'm glad that it's unlikely to be delayed.
2. I thought about this. Roy's placement in the trailer (after everyone is here) feels like it would be so much stronger and honestly I think it would have been worth it. Except Mewtwo. Mewtwo was the best surprise reveal for Smash 4.
3. Literally don't care. A port with Ridley is still Smash with Ridley.
4. Nope. I know this contradicts my original point about the speculation period but I would never give up that epic reveal. I would just rather the daily updates be new pics however trivial, because right know we are just getting 2 new sentences a day usually just describing characters we know and love.
5. It's what I expect. At least in such a major role, probably executive producer on the next one (whatever that would be).
6. Surprised and....a little dissapointed. Really I'd feel more bad for those who were speculating lots of newcomers to get hit with just 3. I'd be ok in the end but it would feel really weird.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Unfortunately, because I really like new series representation in Smash. I think it is weird that like 3/4 of the prediction rosters don't even have a Rhythm Heaven character on it.
People are mostly of the assumption that the newcomer roster will only consist of fan-favourites, partially because we didn't get a curveball character akin to:icsmelee::zerosuitsamus::4wiifit: at the E3 for Smash Ultimate unlike with previous games in the series. I still think a Rhythm Heaven character has a plausible chance of beinga fighter for Ultimate.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

For #4 I'd be happy as long as those handful of veterans shown out of the gate were all the Original 8 (cause you know they keep reneging on that with Yoshi)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Dangit. There goes my wallet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm hoping every character in Ultimate gets new voice clips. It would piss me off if certain characters STILL had their ****ing Brawl voices. I mean. Why???
It'll probably be wishful thinking for most fighters. Maybe the reason for reusing old voice clips is because Nintendo wasn't able to find the proper voice actors.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Did anyone else know we are getting some kind of Pokemon Let's Go info in 20 minutes?

I'm hoping it's the reveal of that gift Pokemon (which I'm 99% sure was confirmed to be a Gen 8 Pokemon).

To tie this back to Smash this might be our first look at the potential Pokemon DLC fighter.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
This isn't really an issue. All the background changes would effect the far background and not the background layer that people can fight in.
No I'm talking about Giga Bowser's punch. He would have to be all the way behind everything and his fist would have to reach the front. That's not just a visual effect. That's a whole model appearing in the background to attack things in the foreground.

I think that might hurt Jungle Hijinx's chances.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. It'd give them more time to polish, but I'd be disappointed only because a lot of the people I play with are graduating next spring, so it would really cut down on how much we could play.
  2. Mewtwo not being in Smash 4 would be extremely disappointing. It would make the Ultimate reveal more hype inducing for Lucas and Roy being back though sense I used them in Brawl and Melee.
  3. This changes nothing for me. It might make me less likely to buy it unless the gameplay changes still existed.
  4. Bleh. I'm perfectly content with knowing that everyone's back upfront. If they gradually revealed veterans, I wouldn't be as excited for the game.

5. d63.jpeg

If it turned out to be real this time, it would be the absolute best and most fitting way to go out.
  6. I can be Shulk, Snake, Pichu, Ivysaur, and Ryu all in the same game. There are no characters at this point that I really want in, and outside of a few exclusions, characters are really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel, IMO. I'm fine with the roster as is, but only because Inkling and Ridley are our newcomers at this point.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No I'm talking about Giga Bowser's punch. He would have to be all the way behind everything and his fist would have to reach the front.
There is such a thing as an extended hitbox. The hitbox could simply cover the entire arm, so no matter how close fighters are to Giga Bowser, they'll still be at risk of getting screen KO'd.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

1. I’d expect it, tbh. Hopefully tha’d mean more content, so I’d be annoyed but I could deal. 2019 is a better date in the first place since Smash 64 released Jan/Apr(?) of 99.
  2. Mewtwo DLC was one of the few saving graces for Sm4sh. I really only got 3DS because he was DLC, otherwise I would have stuck with WiiU - and 3DS was hands down the better version. Definitely wouldn’t have been as invested without it. The others I could have lived without.
  3. Who cares? I don’t know why the port/not a port was so hige anyway. “Port with extras” was really what Sm4sh needed, since it was designed as “have friends constantly around or be screwed. Also here are some obscure characters, enjoy”
  4. Definitely wouldn’t have had the same effect. I was always for Ridley, but more because the support thread hooked me, not because I’ve played Metroid. The characters I really wanted were Squirtle and Mewtwo to return. I guess if I was still panicking about Squirtle, I wouldn’t have had as much time to hipe Dovahkiin was in.
  5. I expect it...at least for a while. Ultimate is already shaping up to be a capstone, and releasing so early in the Switch’s lifetime will give it logevity. I always wondered why Sm4sh was rleeasing when the 3DS was so old and the NX was already coming. I want Ultimate to have a long DLC support period, and end up going strong at least as long as Melee (Brawl was 7 years later)
  6. Lol wut? I know they said ‘few newcomers’ but... I get that all vets was a significant undertaking in itself, but I can't see only three newbies. Not that I’m expecting loads more, but only three total is weird. But what I can see, that would really annoy me, is that they keep the rest hidden through release. They’ve been great at keeping everything quiet lately, but the speculation period is nerve-wracking.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Question for you guys, Are some of you still Salty about Corrin's Inclusion?
Nah, it's great to have roster slot fodder. I no longer have to worry about losing something of value when the inevitable character mods roll in! :grin:

EDIT: Is that not how it works anymore? I could have sworn the Ridley Brawl mod took the place of Pit...

Ah well, either way, I'm modding the barefoot buffoon out of my game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No I'm talking about Giga Bowser's punch. He would have to be all the way behind everything and his fist would have to reach the front.
You didn't mention that specifically though...

Regardless, this doesn't seem like an issue. It's been a long time since I've played on Jungle Hijinx, but couldn't you just put Bowser behind the layer he initiates the move on, and it ONLY damages targets on that layer? I'm 90% sure there are no moves that hit both layers in Smash 4.

Nah, it's great to have roster slot fodder. I no longer have to worry about losing something of value when the inevitable character mods roll in! :grin:
That's not how it works though

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Hey everybody, what songs would you liked to be remixed in smash & what genre would you like them remixed in?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mature.

How Switch modding goes by the way? I doubt we'll see anything extravagant like Project M, but if Fox is low tier in this game it might be a possibility.
Or maybe a wavedash+Waluigi mod.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One man's trash is another man's treasure. In contrast to how you feel, I'd love to see Chorus Kids, but Geno feels like a very uninteresting addition.
I feel the same way about some of the characters whom I find to be highly questionable. Mimikyu doesn't even look like it would be a playable contender, and yet there are those who seem to be overestimating its playable chances.

And then when I look at Buzzwole, I see it having good potential as a fighter, especially with a potential new fighter mechanic. But for others, it gets far less attention, or is easily dismissed to be nothing more than a Poke Ball Pokemon.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, you'd better hope that someone makes a character that replaces Corrin, then. That's the only way it will work.
Waluigi replaces him with his golf club, extending arms and WAH shot. He is a unique and fun addition to the game who is also inline with his "canon" appearences because he is a cheater.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

1. I'd be super bummed, but I'd accept it, I know when Nintendo delay games there's usually a good reason for it, and I think the game's quality is the absolute top priority. If the game plays well then those extra few months of waiting will be quickly forgotten.

2. Would have made the Ultimate reveal absolutely ridiculous, as if it wasn't already mindblowing enough, that really would have put it up there at the very top of Nintendo announcements. It would also mean that the Smash 4 DLC would have felt very lackluster though, the returning veterans carried the DLC hype imo.

3. I'd have been very disappointed as I feel like Smash 4 has a lot of gameplay flaws, just adding more content to it wouldn't have cut it.

4. I like the way they did it better, having had to sit through veteran reveals for both Brawl and Smash 4 I really don't feel like having to sit through all the obvious guys for a third time, it just drags out and there are a ton of characters I'm not actually all that interested in. Instead we got a highly memorable reveal, so I far prefer how they did it.

5. I'd be very sad about that, beforehand the only silver lining I could find behind that was that it'd make Ridley a possibility, but you know, that happened anyways. Sakurai is one of my favorite developers in general, and although I don't always agree with him I don't think anyone can emulate what he's done with Smash or inject the same personality into the game.

6. After Brawl's release I always said that the only character that was missing for me was Ridley, so I'd be fine if that was the case. I'd be very surprised of course, and I'd be sad for fans of popular characters that didn't make it, but I'm already completely satisfied with what they have already announced, so I wouldn't be affected much.

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Mature.

How Switch modding goes by the way? I doubt we'll see anything extravagant like Project M, but if Fox is low tier in this game it might be a possibility.
Or maybe a wavedash+Waluigi mod.
Why thank you! I'm glad someone appreciates my efforts to turn my dislikes into something semi-constructive.

If I remember correctly, modding the Switch is technically possible (There was that whole fiasco a while back of people changing their profile pictures into less-than-tasteful images), so progress is being made? I think?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And then when I look at Buzzwole, I see it having good potential as a fighter, especially with a potential new fighter mechanic. But for others, it gets far less attention, or is easily dismissed to be nothing more than a Poke Ball Pokemon.
I'm just imagining playing as an almost 8 foot tall mosquito that gains stat boosts every time it KOs someone.

...I think I want Buzzwole in Smash now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom