• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Takumi is the epitome of a love him or hate him character.

For the record, I think he's neat.

D

Deleted member

I actually think we might see the birth of the stage or item section tonight.
I doubt it.

When I wake up in the morning all golden, I will look if there are news.
During Smash 4 speculation:

-Everyone: C'mon Sakurai, we know you will upload a Pokemon veteran or newcomer thanks to Pokemon X/Y release!

-Sakurai: Wii Fit trainer is flexible even while sleeping!

Even Sakurai likes to have fun with us. :p

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
While we all wait for the website's update, we might as well wait to it with this awesome piano remix of Ultimate's theme. I recommend it.
Edit: How fitting. My 1,600th post on Smashboards! :bee:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On the bright side, Byleth is explicitly a teacher/mentor and as we all know, FE wouldn't stoop so low into anime territory as to have high-school teacher-student romance...

Right?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yo Xander is the man. I refuse to play Birthright a second time just because I don't want to betray him again

But yeah, Camilla is way too sexualized for the sake of it, and Corrin...is just kind of there. Cool design though. Probably not the best idea to make the avatar the lord
Xander's a great character if you just judge him by his supports (his amazing character design and voice acting also really help). To tell the truth, he's actually probably in my top 10 or 20 FE characters. But I've gotten really good at just tuning out the story scenes whenever I play that game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Xander's a great character if you just judge him by his supports (his amazing character design and voice acting also really help). To tell the truth, he's actually probably in my top 10 or 20 FE characters. But I've gotten really good at just tuning out the story scenes whenever I play that game.
Xander in supports: kind, intelligent, fiercely loyal, compassionate yet firm. The mark of a true leader.
Xander in story: HOW DARE YOU DEFY OUR DAAAAAAAD.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Yo Xander is the man. I refuse to play Birthright a second time just because I don't want to betray him again

But yeah, Camilla is way too sexualized for the sake of it, and Corrin...is just kind of there. Cool design though. Probably not the best idea to make the avatar the lord
People are praising and offering constructive criticism of Fates these days? Or at least certain aspects of it? Does this mean I'm safe to pick the games up without having to be mobbed and dragged down by localization elitists? They kinda made me keep my distance after I beat Awakening.

D

Deleted member

Will Necrozma be a Pokeball Pokemon or potentially a boss?

Well Takumi does like to have fun in the beach though.
kawi23.PNG

KAWAII! :3

Last edited by a moderator:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Neku or Shiki from TWEWY would be awesome for Smash.
Oh believe me, Neku is my most wanted character. I voted for him in the ballot, and basically made up a moveset for him in there.
His chances are nearly 0% though.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People are praising and offering constructive criticism of Fates these days? Or at least certain aspects of it? Does this mean I'm safe to pick the games up without having to be mobbed and dragged down by localization elitists? They kinda made me keep my distance after I beat Awakening.
Listen.
If you want to, just play the goddamn game and stop worrying about "the community" so much.
You're an individual, free to form your own opinions independent of people on the internet.
Trust me, you don't want to be one of those people that just endlessly spout off "it looks neat, but the community pushed me away."

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
To get away from boring Fire Emblem talk, what aspect of your mains do you want to see changed? It can be anything
make zelda good.

(Please make her multihit attacks connect better. that would be nice)

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Listen.
If you want to, just play the goddamn game and stop worrying about "the community" so much.
You're an individual, free to form your own opinions independent of people on the internet.
Trust me, you don't want to be one of those people that just endlessly spout off "it looks neat, but the community pushed me away."
Yeah, I was naive back then (pathetic for a high school junior). Ironically, I have all kinds of opinions most communities disagree with, such as how I think Nuts & Bolts was a fantastic game (just not entirely a fitting Banjo game), or how Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favorite Sonic games. Come to think of it, maybe I should give Fates a whirl later this year. Thanks!

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
So I was looking at the reactions to Pac-Man, and...

To get away from boring Fire Emblem talk, what aspect of your mains do you want to see changed? It can be anything
Give each character a second side taunt so that Mario can get the Super Mushroom taunt back.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Lucina face the front for her down taunt regardless of if she's facing left or right.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Listen.
This reminds me Persona vs Shin Megami Tensei arguments for some reason.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean

I just want Dedede fixed. I don't want a return to how stupid and polarizing he was in Brawl. Just patch up the glaring holes in his current kit, like making jabs 1 and 2 connect properly, having a bair that actually matches the hitbox, consistency with sticking Gordos (it is literally a 50/50 chance)...

Smooth Criminal

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I don't know if people found this.

But I was watching the everyone is here trailer...

When it gets to Bowser Jr., look at Lemmy.

HIS HEAD JUST DISAPPEARS!!!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was naive back then (pathetic for a high school junior). Ironically, I have all kinds of opinions most communities disagree with, such as how I think Nuts & Bolts was a fantastic game (just not entirely a fitting Banjo game), or how Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favorite Sonic games. Come to think of it, maybe I should give Fates a whirl later this year. Thanks!
Fates is a great game, IMO. Especially Conquest. Sure some of the story is poorly written, and some of the characters are inconsistent, but gameplay/maps are fun, and the supports are great. Not my fave FE, but probably top 7 for me. Give it a try!

ZephyrZ ZephyrZ I do judge characters more on supports i suppose. They're just better written overall

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
So uh, the good ol' Dojo/PoTD delay/skip??? made me go back to my forum posting times, I hope this helps enduring the next 5 months lol.

Give each character a second side taunt so that Mario can get the Super Mushroom taunt back.
Yeah this is so weird, I was sure his Donkey Kong death jump would be the one cut since Super Mushroom has been there since 64. Guess not!

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
So I don't know if people found this.

But I was watching the everyone is here trailer...

When it gets to Bowser Jr., look at Lemmy.

HIS HEAD JUST DISAPPEARS!!!

Wow. I watched the Direct multiple times, and I missed that each time. I guess I'm just in awe of what is by far my most wanted Melee stage coming back. (2nd is Fountain of Dreams.)

Fates is a great game, IMO. Especially Conquest. Sure some of the story is poorly written, and some of the characters are inconsistent, but gameplay/maps are fun, and the supports are great. Not my fave FE, but probably top 7 for me. Give it a try!
Agreed.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Listen.
I don't know why, but I feel as though many have this attitude with Melee.
Like, they reject Melee because they don't like the community.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I would just like Robin to have a new final smash. Adding the bar to see how much longer you can use tomes/levin swords was perfect

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Localization elitists? You mean the ones who complain about removed features that gave off revealing clothing or other weird features?

yeah i never liked them, i play fire emblem for ****ing fire emblem, not medieval waifu simulator.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On the bright side, Byleth is explicitly a teacher/mentor and as we all know, FE wouldn't stoop so low into anime territory as to have high-school teacher-student romance...

Right?
Never forget that Roy had an ending where he could marry Cecilia.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Melee community really soured me to the game, but it's not like I loved it before. Too little characters, too responsive controls.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Localization elitists? You mean the ones who complain about removed features that gave off revealing clothing or other weird features?

yeah i never liked them, i play fire emblem for ****ing fire emblem, not medieval waifu simulator.
Come on, clearly petting has been a staple of FE for years

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Give
Ike
Sword
Beams
PLEASE.
This reminds me Persona vs Shin Megami Tensei arguments for some reason.
It's a big reason as to why SMT is still very much niche. From an outsider's view, the SMT community can be very skeptical and rough and kinda long-winded, whereas Persona community has more casual understandable conversation. The fact is though, most people of both communities would be more than willing to introduce newcomers to the franchise if they'd just give it a shot.
Never forget that Roy had an ending where he could marry Cecilia.
Oh RIGHT. I REMEMBER THAT. Course, I never got it, because like an idiot kid, I just supported Roy with whoever he was next to so now Roy's best buds with Lance and Wolt while remaining wife-less.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean

I just want Dedede fixed. I don't want a return to how stupid and polarizing he was in Brawl. Just patch up the glaring holes in his current kit, like making jabs 1 and 2 connect properly, having a bair that actually matches the hitbox, consistency with sticking Gordos (it is literally a 50/50 chance)...

Smooth Criminal
Hey Smooth, do you think that Dedede being able to inhale and spit out his gordos will be a substancial move to his kit? It seems like a pretty laggy maneuver.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Listen.
I respect the sentiment here, but at the same time it's also nice to have a community or even a bunch of like-minded folks that you wanna nerd out with. You gotta strive to make your environment a good one sometimes, and that can take the form of cultivating the sort of people you wanna pal around with and/or being the change that you wanna see within a community.

Me, personally? I'm going for both with Ultimate. Though less time politicking and more time playing against human beings.

Like, they reject Melee because they don't like the community.
I reject Melee for a lot of reasons. The community is indeed one of them, especially nowadays with how unbelievably toxic and pathetic the worst of it is. Paradoxically, however, I wouldn't have the respect, drive, or interest in competitive gaming, nor would I have a lot of the friends I have today if it weren't for it.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Actually, Swamp, it is a pretty big deal. Dedede doesn't have to sit there and take having a Gordo knocked back at him at mid-range anymore. If he can do this with any projectile like Kirby can, it'll be all the better for him.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's a big reason as to why SMT is still very much niche. From an outsider's view, the SMT community can be very skeptical and rough, whereas Persona community has more casual conversation. The fact is though, most people of both communities would be more than willing to introduce newcomers to the franchise if they'd just give it a shot.
Yeah, it doesn't help people from both sides treat Persona like "SMT for starters", even though connection is pretty much limited with gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom