• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I'm still keeping my Wii U due to some download only / Virtual Console titles I still have on there (like FE: Shadow Dragon and Paper Mario), Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Thinking of getting a few others I missed out on too, like Game & Wario.

In any case, the Smash blog needs to hurry up and reveal Ness already.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I actually think we might see the birth of the stage or item section tonight.
Man it's like the PotD thread all over again.

Pic not up yet? Obviously a new reveal.

2 hours later and it's the usual 'filler'.

Of course I'd be happily wrong.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I rather have Takumi be the "Archer" in the leak; I just love his design. At the very least DLC PLEASE.
If Takumi was our FE Rep I'd be happy only for the memes. Otherwise, I wouldn't be happy. Corrin is all we need from Fates in terms of playable characters, anything else is too much. Fates has already infested Warriors and Heroes, and I'd prefer it not get further representation in Smash. Give it to another game, like Echoes of Valentia, Three Houses, Blazing Blade, Heroes, just not Fates please.

He'd make a kickass assist trophy though.

He says "BETRAYAL" and then rains down a volley of arrows.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
If Smash Ultimate does wireless play like Splatoon does you could just have two people fight it out on their own Switches with no TV required
MAN I hope this is an option. It works so well for Smash 3DS, and I hope it's still here for Ultimate. Bonus points if they let you do two (or more) players on each Switch during wireless local multiplayer.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I rather have Takumi be the "Archer" in the leak; I just love his design. At the very least DLC PLEASE.
Careful, the "Blame Takumi" meme might make a resurgence in the event that he becomes playable, not just from those who are annoyed about another Fire Emblem character in favor of a popular favorite, but also by the regular memelords and those who dislike Fates in general. I've never played any of the Fates games, so I wouldn't be either for or against him.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
On the Switch Dojo, the DK series' fighters section looks so barren. As if it needs at least two more characters.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace

Shhhhh, let everyone get their expectations up. I'm sure it pleases the troll lurkers to see our hopes and dreams crushed.

Seriously though, I wish Sakurai would occasionally do strange things on purpose so we wouldn't get over-hyped for nothing. I know we do it to ourselves, but it'd be great if he actually came through one of those times (not that he never does, you know what I mean).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think Takumi could be a very cool addition to Smash, but I'm also extremely confident he's not going to make it into the game. FE is a series where it's difficult for even main protagonist to make it into the game - I definitely don't see a side character like Takumi making it in, even if he's popular has a lot of story importance. The only chance he has is if for some reason Sakurai really wanted to throw in an FE archer to stand out from all the swordies, but with how spoiled FE fans already are with the current roster, I don't see that happening.

Inb4 Takumi is a Dark Pit clone.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

During Smash 4 speculation:

-Everyone: C'mon Sakurai, we know you will upload a Pokemon veteran or newcomer thanks to Pokemon X/Y release!

-Sakurai: Wii Fit trainer is flexible even while sleeping!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If Takumi was our FE Rep I'd be happy only for the memes. Otherwise, I wouldn't be happy. Corrin is all we need from Fates in terms of playable characters, anything else is too much. Fates has already infested Warriors and Heroes, and I'd prefer it not get further representation in Smash. Give it to another game, like Echoes of Valentia, Three Houses, Blazing Blade, Heroes, just not Fates please.

He'd make a kickass assist trophy though.

He says "BETRAYAL" and then rains down a volley of arrows.
At the risk of being burnt at the stake, Heroes should be definitely considered to provide a FE newcomer. I say it deserve a chance.
If only to get Fjorm as newcomer.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
"Smash Blog Post of the Day
Introducing, Assist Trophy Mode!
You can play as your favorite Assist Trophies. They have limited moves, but it can still be fun to play as these fan favorites!

This mode was created as a response to the overwhelming support from fans, so I'd like to thank you all by confirming once and for all that Waluigi IS NOT PLAYABLE IN THIS MODE AND WILL NEVER BE PLAYABLE IN A SMASH BROS. GAME IN THE FUTURE."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean I do like Takumi a lot more than I like Corrin, and I think he's among the better-written Fates characters, but personally Fire Emblem has three canonical archers I'd rather see if given the choice, odds be damned. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I saw footage of Inkling keeping its charge on a Smash attack even when it was fully charged. I may be really late but finding this out is a pretty big change for me at least. :reverse: or maybe its just an inkling gimmick idk

Wambo

Smash Ace
This better be good.

Looks like an edited version of this image. New face render, either ripped from another pic or model pose in Blender.

Plus, it's got that "Bigfoot blurriness". Always a dead giveaway.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I saw footage of Inkling keeping its charge on a Smash attack even when it was fully charged. I may be really late but finding this out is a pretty big change for me at least. :reverse:or maybe its just an inkling gimmick idk
Smash attacks can be charged for about three times longer now but from what I've read they'll eventually only increase the knockback but not the damage.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash attacks can be charged for about three times longer now but from what I've read they'll eventually only increase the knockback but not the damage.
That's actually really good for Mac and Ike since their Smash attacks have a lot of knockback to 'em. If you break a shield it's gonna be guaranteed death.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'd love it if the Stages section opened up. I wanna know if Brinstar Depths and/or Zebes are in this game (Frigate Orpheon is "meh", Brinstar and Norfair have a lot more respect from me since I played the original Metroid trilogy, but they're nothing too crazy gameplay-wise).

Speaking of Metroid, if this game has a Melee-styled (or even Great Maze) adventure mode, I really wanna see Ridley's Lair as the area where you encounter/unlock Ridley, complete with the Super Metroid music.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Takumi is just the worst. I'll take any FE character over him. I benched him as soon as I got him in Birthright

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Takumi is just the worst. I'll take any FE character over him. I benched him as soon as I got him in Birthright
The solution is simple: Cain and Abel steal your character slots and be smug assholes about it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, I think Take On Me suffers the most of all Fates characters from the game's bad writing.
Honestly he's one of the only character who I felt didn't suffer that much from it (aside from cheezy betrayal lines). He's rightfully skeptical of the protagonist. And although he's unnecessarily antagonizing about it, it's a bit understandable because he was grieving over
Mikoto's death.

I'd say Corrin, Camilla, and even Xander were ruined far more by Fate's writing then he was.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Honestly he's one of the only character who I felt didn't suffer that much from it (aside from cheezy betrayal lines). He's rightfully skeptical of the protagonist. And although he's unnecessarily antagonizing about it, it's a bit understandable because he was grieving over
Mikoto's death.

I'd say Corrin, Camilla, and even Xander were ruined far more by Fate's writing then he was.
Yo Xander is the man. I refuse to play Birthright a second time just because I don't want to betray him again

But yeah, Camilla is way too sexualized for the sake of it, and Corrin...is just kind of there. Cool design though. Probably not the best idea to make the avatar the lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom