• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Link has sword beams, might be a possibility. After all, Sakurai didn't mention it in Link's thing.

Oops, my petting landed a critical hit.
Unit lost.
:upsidedown:
Well we had that demo of them and I didn't see any sword beams.
So, either A) Sakurai purposely left em out again or B) Sakurai's gonna remove a move and replace it with a different move between the completion of the demo and the day it goes golden.
I am of the belief that option A is much more likely.

osby

Smash Obsessed
To get away from boring Fire Emblem talk, what aspect of your mains do you want to see changed? It can be anything
Give Jigglypuff... a stronger Rest? Or just give it more effects, it would be great if it was a bit more satisfying to hit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To get away from boring Fire Emblem talk, what aspect of your mains do you want to see changed? It can be anything
You say that like FE talk is a bad thing. I suppose it'd hurt for you if I said "to get away from boring Yoshi talk" :rolleyes:
My wishes were already granted with Little Mac having better recovery game, not having his counter whiff far distances, and his neutral special being able to switch directions. All were answered perfectly.

now just make Alph an echo, this Pikmin prejudice must end.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Are people expecting Ike to get sword beams?
No they are not. At least I'm not, I may have given up hope, but I'm not gonna stop pushing for him to get them.

They're a cool move and a pretty damn important part of Ragnell's abilities on top of already having a perfect template to work with with Cloud's own blade beam. Just paint it blue and slap it onto Ike's jab3 animation and bam.
The Eruption buffs are nice, but it's still non-canonical and it's not like I'm still not going to use it to edgeguard people with bad recoveries anyway.

As far as items go, I'd like to see the one that lets me shoot blade beams like Cloud, because at least then I'd be able to see a version of it in Smash.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
osby osby

Look on the bright side, fam

That awesome "last hit" effect to close out stock games is going to be hilariously badass for a Jiggs that lands the killing Rest. Zooming in like whoooooooooooooosh

and dead

GAME!

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Are people expecting Ike to get sword beams? They went over the shockwaves Eruption now gives and if you think Ike's getting more than that in terms of projectiles you should just put items on at that point
There's no end to FE fans' expectation of fanservice I'm noticing.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
And I'm still waiting for the simple ability of Yoshi eating items just like Kirby and Wario...

I won't be convinced that Nintendo or Sakurai actually cares for the guy until that happens. It's the small things that count :yoshi:

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Throw Samus directly in the trash can. Go get Melee Samus. Give her her Prime design.

Done.
Disagree with...Melee Samus? Yeah, Melee Samus. Keep her there.

Give me Project M Samus with her Prime design. Mmmmm, yes, good.

Or just fix her damn Smash 4 kit and make it work. That works, too.

...and give her the Prime suit even then. Yeah.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's no end to FE fans' expectation of fanservice I'm noticing.
1496152526781.jpg

You mind explaining me what that means? You pointed out Fire Emblem fans of all people, but a lot of characters in general could use fanservice. Donkey Kong, Luigi, goddamn Sonic needs something that isn't two Spin Dashes. Nothing wrong with FE characters getting more direct correlation from their own games, thats how you stand out in Smash in the first place.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While we're dreaming, make it to where every time you win with her, it prints you out a hundred dollar bill.
That reminds me of those Daneboe hacks videos from like 12 years ago. oH GoD I'M AginG

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You say that like FE talk is a bad thing. I suppose it'd hurt for you if I said "to get away from boring Yoshi talk" :rolleyes:
My wishes were already granted with Little Mac having better recovery game, not having his counter whiff far distances, and his neutral special being able to switch directions. All were answered perfectly.

now just make Alph an echo, this Pikmin prejudice must end.
There's one tiiiiiny thing I want for Little Mac and it's that Star KO graphic with that shwoooop sound effect. Always my favorite part of nailing a guy.
View attachment 152339

You mind explaining me what that means? You pointed out Fire Emblem fans of all people, but a lot of characters in general could use fanservice. Donkey Kong, Luigi, goddamn Sonic needs something that isn't two Spin Dashes. Nothing wrong with FE characters getting more direct correlation from their own games, thats how you stand out in Smash in the first place.
Damn those fans for wanting more fanservice in their game that appeals to multiple fanbases.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's one tiiiiiny thing I want for Little Mac and it's that Star KO graphic with that shwoooop sound effect. Always my favorite part of nailing a guy.
They kinda did that when they changed his animation to a more vertical punch. I don't know if they'd add the SFX though. or just mod it in

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They kinda did that when they changed his animation to a more vertical punch. I don't know if they'd add the SFX though. or just mod it in
Oh yeah that was a nice touch. Instead of that grounded uppercut, he kinda leaps into the air and does a twirl.
Win-win in making it a bit more canon while also giving it some more vertical reach.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Lucas to have at least one aerial move that auto-cancels from a short hop, a larger u-air hitbox, and an overall speed boost. Also, allowing subsequent hits of down smash to damage the same target would be really cool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah that was a nice touch. Instead of that grounded uppercut, he kinda leaps into the air and does a twirl.
Win-win in making it a bit more canon while also giving it some more vertical reach.
I think his horizontal hitbox got decreased a little bit, but I think it's better against characters in competitive, especially in ones with platforms. I'd bet that sucker could hit you from underneath the two lower Battlefield platforms now.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Coincidentally, the French website has yet to be updated with Marth...

I guess they stopped focusing on games for a little while because of the terrible events that struck Japan recently?

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Lucas to have at least one aerial move that auto-cancels from a short hop, a larger u-air hitbox, and an overall speed boost. Also, allowing subsequent hits of down smash to damage the same target would be really cool.
I have a completely unfounded hunch that Lucas will inherit Ness's old up air, complete with its gigantic hitbox and great KO power.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
When everyone is honing in on a specific FE character who won't even be passively thought about in Smash, I find that boring. I find the Corrin hate more interesting.

Also by the mere fact that "Yoshi talk" is scarce it makes it inherently not boring

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have a completely unfounded hunch that Lucas will inherit Ness's old up air, complete with its gigantic hitbox and great KO power.
I don't play Lucas much, but wasn't Lucas's old uair already a headbutt like Ness's and also had strong KO power?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
There was a severe storm that struck Japan recently. (I believe it happened in Osaka?)

There were a lot of casualties and damage done to the area.
One user reported that the main Nintendo building is located around those parts as well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
When everyone is honing in on a specific FE character who won't even be passively thought about in Smash, I find that boring. I find the Corrin hate more interesting.

Also by the mere fact that "Yoshi talk" is scarce it makes it inherently not boring
Character hate? Interesting? No thanks.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Lucas much, but wasn't Lucas's old uair already a headbutt like Ness's and also had strong KO power?
Yeah, except the hitbox was arbitrarily small. Whereas Ness's up air hits in a broad arc, Lucas's only hits at one specific point. That's why I'd like to see Lucas get Ness's old up air, since he's not using it anymore.

Credit goes to Flashwire for hitbox visualizations.

Credit goes to Muffin from Mars for hitbox visualizations.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, except the hitbox was arbitrarily small. Whereas Ness's up air hits in a broad arc, Lucas's only hits at one specific point. That's why I'd like to see Lucas get Ness's old up air, since he's not using it anymore.

Oh yeah, side by side, the difference is actually pretty noticeable. I never really understood why I killed more with Ness's Uair than Lucas's.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This is one of my biggest issues with the thread, this right here.

People should be able to talk about things that aren't necessarily likely. Like god damn, would you prefer another round of "Here's Why Shadow Simultaneously Can and Cannot Be an Echo Fighter" again? The reason the topic pool is so small is because everyone seems so anal about only talking about what they see as plausible that they immediately try to shut down anything that goes against the grain.

And frankly that's dumb.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The blog....
I think you're a bit too obsessed about the blog and are hoping too much, not only because of your reaction to Corrin or "OH THEY'RE LATE IT MUST MEAN A NEW CHARACTER" but also because if you scrolled up and **** you'd see that Japan's been hit by a flood which killed lots of people and wrecked homes, and Nintendo's HQ is located in the flooded area

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

People should be able to talk about things that aren't necessarily likely. Like god damn, would you prefer another round of "Here's Why Shadow Simultaneously Can and Cannot Be an Echo Fighter" again? The reason the topic pool is so small is because everyone seems so anal about only talking about what they see as plausible that they immediately try to shut down anything that goes against the grain.

And frankly that's dumb.
Wow, Jesus. I see you're passionate, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. Did you forget who MY most wanted is?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

And frankly that's dumb.
This.
No offense to Zinith Zinith but it can be ass-backwards at times and almost hypocritical, shrugging off anyone who doesn't seem interesting/likely but when someone mentions a face like Boshi it's automatically topic of the town worth discussing. Again, no offense, but its an example that comes to mind.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This.
No offense to Zinith Zinith but it can be ***-backwards at times and almost hypocritical, shrugging off anyone who doesn't seem interesting/likely but when someone mentions a face like Boshi it's automatically topic of the town worth discussing. Again, no offense, but its an example that comes to mind.
Like I said to Opossum, I think you're barking up the wrong tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom