• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I don't know. As cool as that would be to finally have the weapon triangle represented, I feel like the inevitable complaints wouldn't be worth it. But out of curiosity P.Kat, if you had to choose one, would you prefer a Heroes rep or a Three Houses rep? I think I would have to go with Three Houses, just because it looks to be such an epic game.
I'd prefer Heroes, one big reason for that is because I'd like the newly added protagonists Fjorm, Princess of Nifl to be added to Smash, she a lancer with ice abilities, who wants to win back her kingdom, and avenge her mother, the queen who was killed. I personally think she can be given a fun and unique moveset for Smash, other than the Ice Climbers (who only ice move is B, and Down B), they're aren't other ice based/freeze mechanic characters in Smash. I haven't gotten far in Heroes, but I heard that the story is more than decent.
Just some of the things she can do as she fights the King that killed her mother.

If Heroes doesn't pull through sadly (hoping it does), I wouldn't mind Three Houses, you're right the game does look epic, and I'd be happy that it's getting a rep. Edelgard, looks to be an interesting character since she wields an axe, and uses magic as well. In the end I just hope we both get what we want.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Cause they’re bored and starved for post-E3 info? like all of us

In all honesty, I think the only way I’ll believe a leak atm is if it has picture AND video in addition to text.
Yeah, but I was looking for a more deep, precise reason. Sure, there are many reasons as to why something happens, but I'd like to know what exactly they are thinking when they make these leaks, and as to why they enjoy what they get whenever they show a fake leak to people online. I am looking for a more, say, psychological answer, if you will.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
There better not be a Dark Palutena, Goddess of Darkness.
Dark Palutena is a dark clone of Palutena created by the Mirror of Truth. She appears in Fighters of Lapis 4 as a villain turned friend. She is one of the many dark characters introduced in that game, although she, along with Dark Patrica Wagon are the only ones that have not appeared in any media prior to Fighters of Lapis.

Holy **** I must have missed the Kid Icarus sequel

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah. Honestly it kinda can get old. Besides, some people like DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon keep posting these leaks (Not bashing on him) and honestly it can be kinda repetetive.
Maybe just post the notable leaks.
Is tehponycorn here? I wonder what he thinks? Anyhow, it is kinda difficult to determine which leak is real and which one is fake, isn't it? If we are gonna have to keep dealing with leaks now for whatever reason, at least tone it down significantly and, as you said, post just the notable leaks.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is tehponycorn here? I wonder what he thinks? Anyhow, it is kinda difficult to determine which leak is real and which one is fake, isn't it? If we are gonna have to keep dealing with leaks now for whatever reason, at least tone it down significantly and, as you said, post just the notable leaks.
It's not just difficult.
It's literally impossible.
If we knew what was real, we'd be leaking stuff ourselves.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You could if you want, the Smash wiki also lists everyone's Japanese names/pronunciations next to their localized names, or you could just watch this:
I don't know if my favorite part of that is all of King Dedede's names, or Xander Mobus's pronunciation of some of the Japanese names.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Now, I totally agree that representation of games matter but...

The "reps" argument is trash. We've been over this many times before. It's tiring. It's boring. It limits the imagination to what this game could be. I'd rather focus on what characters are capable of rather than, "ERMAGHERD WHAT DO THEY REPRESENT FROM THEIR SERIES?"

I'm going to be honest and say, again, that this is a video game that we play. We hit buttons and move joysticks to make these characters come to life. They are individual characters that represent themselves and their abilities that come from their respective games. THAT is more important to making this game awesome than, "Huh, I wonder what aspect of X series can be represented by a playable character. I don't really care how functional the moveset is, this aspect of X series absolutely MUST be in playable form."

In terms of this thread being quiet or running out of things to talk about, I think it's more because we've literally reduced it to, "Hey look at this dumb, obviously fake leak this person posted. Talk about it!"

What about the fact that in Marth's video, he bursts Pit's shield by charging Shield Breaker for like 2 seconds. That's terrifyingly awesome! Talk about how the game is played. I mean...we do play Smash...right? We don't just sit and talk about it?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's not just difficult.
It's literally impossible.
If we knew what was real, we'd be leaking stuff ourselves.
Well, technically, it is possible, but given how companies like Nintendo keep things secret and their ways of securing their secrets to keep us from knowing, it doesn't help the situation much, if at all. If they at the least gave some hints to us, we could know more which leaks are fake and real to an extent.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah. Honestly it kinda can get old. Besides, some people like DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon keep posting these leaks (Not bashing on him) and honestly it can be kinda repetetive.
Maybe just post the notable leaks.
  • I'm going to be presenting leaks in sets of five instead of presenting them immediately when I find them. Sets will be self-contained posts containing just the set of "leaks". This not only cuts down on thread spam (something I've been worrying about for the past week or so), but it also allows me to actually participate in discussion without attaching leaks to them and cuts down slightly on leak publicity, as a leak in a given set can be anywhere from brand new to a day or two old based off of when a set is completed.
  • Finally, low effort ""leaks"" will not be covered. "Leaks" will be evaluated on a case by case basis, and if deemed low quality will be left on 4chan where they belong. Low quality puzzle ""leaks"" will be immediately discounted. If you can't even provide a character list or comprehensable puzzles you don't deserve publicity.
Do you guys even read my posts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JMxRDRAJ9tyuibbY1ukPEYdYpM/edit#gid=322888848
DANG. There's a list of every single leaked character.
View attachment 152302
Literally any character can be leaked! why do we need this? xD
This is certainly a brand new development! I had no clue that something like this was being made!

I

MADE

THIS

PLEASE READ MY POSTS
Patterns are fun to look at, and some people like speculating about them. It's not a new concept haha

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't know if anything like that will happen.

Peach will probably be about Peach, though if we get a newcomer, I doubt it's going to be the same day as a release.
I was not just talking about Captain Toad as a newcomer, but whether we will see the announcement pertaining to ANY Captain Toad content in Ultimate (stage, Assist Trophy, or even item). If its a character, the clock is ticking quickly, and that is a window that is closing.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Of course as soon as a fake leak mentions Mimikyu it's when everyone decides to hate talking about fake leaks :(

thats so in character for Mimikyu too...

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

The "reps" argument is trash. We've been over this many times before. It's tiring. It's boring. It limits the imagination to what this game could be. I'd rather focus on what characters are capable of rather than, "ERMAGHERD WHAT DO THEY REPRESENT FROM THEIR SERIES?"

I'm going to be honest and say, again, that this is a video game that we play. We hit buttons and move joysticks to make these characters come to life. They are individual characters that represent themselves and their abilities that come from their respective games. THAT is more important to making this game awesome than, "Huh, I wonder what aspect of X series can be represented by a playable character. I don't really care how functional the moveset is, this aspect of X series absolutely MUST be in playable form."

In terms of this thread being quiet or running out of things to talk about, I think it's more because we've literally reduced it to, "Hey look at this dumb, obviously fake leak this person posted. Talk about it!"

What about the fact that in Marth's video, he bursts Pit's shield by charging Shield Breaker for like 2 seconds. That's terrifyingly awesome! Talk about how the game is played. I mean...we do play Smash...right? We don't just sit and talk about it?
It is not like we have various demo VODs or 63 characters to speculate on. Nah! Lets all talk about who is gonna be a clone coded in 2 minutes. So much fun! Breaking new ground with clones!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JMxRDRAJ9tyuibbY1ukPEYdYpM/edit#gid=322888848
DANG. There's a list of every single leaked character.
View attachment 152302
Literally any character can be leaked! why do we need this? xD
If I may add to this and what I said above about Nintendo keeping secrets from us and determining whether leaks are fake or real, I want to say that it doesn't help that Sakurai is unpredictable in how he does things and who he adds. With that said, I personally know from experience that not only are there going to be a number of characters on that list not in the final game, but there will be at least one or two characters Sakurai adds that are not even on that list.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I prefer Pokken Mewtwo because it feels like it's Mewtwo going at full blast. No more holding back and using tail whips, he's going to pull out every single possible move he can learn and just straight up dominate close-mid-and long-range combat.

(Also helps he is a straight up anime character referencing Frieza's deathball, Goku's Kamehameha, and what I can only assume to be Saitama's serious punch)
It'd be cool to have some type of Pokken references in Smash, whether it's characters, or stages it'd be great. Playing on the Magikarp Festival stage, music included would be a dream come true.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Do you guys even read my posts?

This is certainly a brand new development! I had no clue that something like this was being made!

I

MADE

THIS

PLEASE READ MY POSTS
I know you made it...And just asking someone to read your posts sounds a little weird, doesn't it? xD Your just another user. I can't read every single poster.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Gekkōga"

Lol, another thing to point out is that Lucina is pronounced with a hard C in Japan, as you can see in the video.
Well, that's cause it's "Rukina".
I don't know if that sounds better to me than "Rushina", but I'm pretty sure that's what the alternative would be if it was pronounced like in English.

Source: I'm Nintendo

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know you made it...And just asking someone to read your posts sounds a little weird, doesn't it? xD Your just another user. I can't read every single poster.
The issue was you going "wow what purpose is there in wasting your time doing this?" without a shred of tact or decency.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I have zero stock in these arguments about who is more or less likely to make it in.

I've made peace with the fact that absolutely none of what I personally want is making it in, so I can safely just sit along for the ride and hopefully get a good-ass game by the end of it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It'd be cool to have some type of Pokken references in Smash, whether it's characters, or stages it'd be great. Playing on the Magikarp Festival stage, music included would be a dream come true.
Give me Gengar with the same exact ultimate attack for his final smash
I almost said make one of the assist pokemon sets an assist trophy and then I had to think about that statement really hard (...pokeballs? Assist trophies?).

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

It is not like we have various demo VODs or 63 characters to speculate on. Nah! Lets all talk about who is gonna be a clone coded in 2 minutes. So much fun! Breaking new ground with clones!
Roster speculation is a game in itself for people. Also not everyone plays Smash in the same way that talking about how long it takes for a character to do this or that interests them. I play because I love the characters and so I like to talk about what characters might be in the game.

That aside I do think that it's ridiculous that we don't have a seperate speculation/leaks and rumors thread. Like...clearly not everyone here likes discussing those and that's ok! But I really hate being told to stop doing what I find fun :/ every day on this thread too.

For the, like 10th time I'm gunna ask that a seperate thread be made for speculation. its not gunna happen though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dark Palutena is a dark clone of Palutena created by the Mirror of Truth. She appears in Fighters of Lapis 4 as a villain turned friend. She is one of the many dark characters introduced in that game, although she, along with Dark Patrica Wagon are the only ones that have not appeared in any media prior to Fighters of Lapis.

Holy **** I must have missed the Kid Icarus sequel
Or you saw a dream Pit had
There’s Pesudo Palutena if that counts
The correct answer is both. Let the Muh Reps crowd cry about it all they like. :^)
If Chrom gets in, Viridi wouldn’t be able to viciously roast him without consequence, so no Chrom only Celica

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Evil Mewtwo (before he turned good) from the Pokémon The First Movie would be proud of all our discussion about clones oops I mean echoes ;)

D

Deleted member

Pokken representation in Smash?
I don't have to say anything, do I?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I was not just talking about Captain Toad as a newcomer, but whether we will see the announcement pertaining to ANY Captain Toad content in Ultimate (stage, Assist Trophy, or even item). If its a character, the clock is ticking quickly, and that is a window that is closing.
I'm starting to feel they won't reveal much new until whenever an actual direct happens. So i'm not sure if there's actually any kind of window either way right now. The soonest I'm expecting a direct is August. I think maybe if they were revealing some characters (Even if mostly obvious returnees) in between when the game was revealed in March and E3 I'd be more inclined to believe a character announcement is coming this month. But I'm kind of getting the feeling they're purposefully being tight-lipped about Newcomers most of the time on purpose.

Captain Toad could potentially still be in the game, they may just not decide to reveal him alongside the ports this time. I don't think they'll reveal a Captain Toad anything this week even as a stage or assist trophy if he's not playable either. If that's the case, it will lead to even more pessimism about him being playable, but would really neither confirm or deny anything regarding Captain Toad's chances. I would like to be wrong though, a confirmation of Captain Toad would be awesome. Or if he's not playable, just to get that over with so for those hoping for him can sigh in disappointment now rather it be another big part of the gloom that usually happens after a full roster reveal.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I know it won't happen, but I want Wario to get more lines in Ultimate.

I want multilingual Wario:

You know what I love the guy but Sakurai has ruined Wario in smash. Like he has a bigger pool of game for a good move set potential, but Nah we get the meh Wario who likes to fart always

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There is, technically, goes by the name of Medusa.

Got upstaged by James Woods Hades in the psych out ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom