• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
But Chrom's another Blue Haired anime Swordsmen AND another FE rep. Think of the "muh reps" side of the fanbase.
“In Ultimate any franchise that gets a rep only gets one due to the limited availability. The FE rep is Chrom: someone you all moderately know and took no effort at all!”

Sound so like a pretty sweet deal to me, I’m surprised “muh reps” aren’t supporting Chrom to write off the possibility of a unique FE rep.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Chrom is getting the same spin-off treatment a lot of Awakening and Fates characters are getting. Very little of the promotion is targeted towards him specifically, and I have my doubts about his promotion continuing with the same momentum once 2019 rolls around and the next batch of FE characters start getting pushed. Unless he appears in another main game, his relevancy will only continue to deteriorate over time.

Not saying he isn't popular by any means, but I stand with my original statement that the time for him to get in Smash has passed. The role he has with Robin is fine, and I don't see any reason for Sakurai to consider him a second time when Awakening is almost six years old and the FE franchise is moving forward with other games.
Well I defintely don't think he should get in, but I wouldn't be surprised. He'd be an easy fan pleasing echo.

Honestly it all depends on how future echo fighters are done, if they are even more. But yeah no one wants to speak about echoes here :x

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I feel like there wouldn't be as much blowback on Chrom, because most people are already familiar with him, and a lot are expecting him because of the whole "echo fighter" thing, which they've specifically pointed out isn't included in the official roster count. Especially if they keep him secret until the game comes out, and a lot of requested characters get in as brand new fighters.

There will inevitably be "muh reps" arguments, but I don't think it will be as bad as it was with Corrin if they play their cards right.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"No you see Chrom isn't an "echo fighter" he's umm, a...a... A WHISPER. Which is a totally different concept where we keep him the same, but actually bother to change a special move to soemthing else. Uhh keep keep in touch and we might just reveal more HIGHLY REQUESTED whispers!" [insert winking emote]

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Really? Chrom of all people? We already have a bland old swordsman in the roster. Her name is Lucina.
Now, to be fair, one of those Lucinas is a small annoying child
and the other is a baby.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yo **** Chrom give me Celica
Same. Chrom's old and neither fits an Ike Echo nor a Marth clone, we have Lucina for that.

IF THEY MADE HER BRAVE LUCINA THEN CHROM WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL BUT NOOOOOOO. :glare:

I still luv ya Sakurai

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Chrom is an Echo of Marth and completes the blade quartet.

Marth has his tipper, Roy has his sweetspot at the base, Lucina is average all around and...
Chrom is all sourspots for the player that loves being at a serious disadvantage at all times.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi

Marth has his tipper, Roy has his sweetspot at the base, Lucina is average all around and...
Chrom is all sourspots for the player that loves being at a serious disadvantage at all times.
Don't worry, Chrom supporters have been used to being at a disadvantage for a few years now.
(Not to be mean, just making fun of how Nintendo denied him in Smash 4)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Don't worry, to fit with his canonical playstyle, hitting him will knock actually useful items out of him which he can use to retaliate (or better yet, give to stronger allies in doubles mode)! Truly, the pack mule- I mean convoy, of the the Awakening trio.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I wish Wario Land wasn't basically dead so I wouldn't have to cry myself to sleep at night Captain Syrup was actually relevant.

Then we could have Captain Syrup, King K. Rool, Toon Link, and Ridley in a pirate-themed trailer.
I miss Wario Land too, but got replaced by warioware so... rip.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Ashley often flat out rejects any sort of interaction, and has little to no friends as a result.
But, wait judging from her song, I thought she wants friends? So even though she rejects interactions, I didn't think it would be any interaction at all.
Might be an old topic from this morning, but when it comes to Chrom as an Echo, I don’t support it because “CONFIRMED!” or “gimme Chrom Sakurai”, I support it because Chrom is already there.

He has an HD model, Sakurai already said that he’d be like Ike (definitely enough for an Echo), and he’s one of the only FE characters that make sense.

When it comes to ones not in Smash, Lyn is definetely the most popular but we already know the end of that story. Celica has been a popular pick but her timing screws her up and SOV’s sales don’t make up for it, even though they were pleasing to the big N. There are a few males that beat out Chrom’s popularity empirically but I think Sakurai’s and the general public’s love for Awakening would make up for it. At this point it would make a lot of sense to slap Chrom’s model onto an Ike skeleton and call it a day, it’d be a good compromise between many sides of fanbases.

Chrom has the prerequisites down to already having assets and a moveset ingame. It’s basically just an “ok” from Sakurai at this point and that’s why I think he’s likely.
Awakening is well loved, but so is FE Heroes with it being one of Nintendo's most successful, and popular Killer App I don't think they and IS would let that fact slide without giving it some rep in Smash. As likely as Chrom can be, you shouldn't be surprised if they rep someone from Heroes instead of Chrom, or at least before Chrom.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I see Nintendo giving Heroes the time of day as much as Nintendo giving Hyrule Warriors or Pokken attention.
Nintendo don't seem too keen on putting spinoff material in Smash Bros.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Awakening is well loved, but so is FE Heroes with it being one of Nintendo's most successful, and popular Killer App I don't think they and IS would let that fact slide without giving it some rep in Smash. As likely as Chrom can be, you shouldn't be surprised if they rep someone from Heroes instead of Chrom, or at least before Chrom.
While I do agree that Heroes is somewhat of a phenomenon as Nintendo's most successful mobile title, I feel like nobody could have predicted it would do as well as it has back when the project plan for Ultimate started. As far as Sakurai was concerned at the time, it could have been a dud that most people left after just a week or two, like with Miitomo or Mario Run.

If anything, its continued success leaves it open to a DLC fighter, but if they are going to do that, I don't know why they wouldn't just do a Three Houses rep instead, especially since it seems one of the main characters of that game can use axes.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
But, wait judging from her song, I thought she wants friends? So even though she rejects interactions, I didn't think it would be any interaction at all.

FE Heroes was released in 2017 which would have been far too late to affect the roster based off the factor of success.

Besides, given Sakurai was already concerned about the amount of FE characters before Corrin was even added, I doubt we're even getting a new FE character anyways, whether in the base roster or as DLC.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
gimme the Black Knight as an Ike Echo. please. He had a mii costume and everything! D:

or hector. hector will work.

Micaiah would be nice too

just give me super smash emblem plz

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
More translations errors, which can be expected from Google Translate. I can't help but lose it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Man, why does Yoshi's New Island seem so bad?
I'm glad Woolly World got a 3DS version, because 3DS-only players sure got the short end of the stick when it comes to Yoshi.
The game’s not too bad. The music on the other hand is, uh... oof.

HoopaGamesYT

Smash Rookie
Hello, I have an interesting leak I have found and I want you to review it (if you want), I also subscribed and nice video plus happy in 2 weeks birthday
Link: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423373783#top
He is a worker and writes what he has seen so does not have to be full roster.
Thank you and enjoy!
Summary
Characters:
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Mimikyu (Pokemon Sun and Moon)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Echo Fighters
Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
Ninten For Ness
Isabelle For Villager

DLC:
Rex and Pyra 2019 Spring (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Octoling as Echo for Inkling (Splatoon 2)
Spring Man for 2019 Holiday (Arms)

Stages:
Returning:
Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Pupupu Land from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Mute City from Super Smash Bros, for Nintendo 3DS
-Wii Fit Studio

New Stages
-New Donk City from Super Mario Odyssey
-NLA (From Xenoblade Chronicle X)
-Throne Room (From Super Mario RPG)
-Saturn Valley (From Mother 2)

Information:
Hello, I can share some info about the new Super Smash Bros. game for you. Obvious but english is not my main language so sorry if I can't write correct. I have info about the new fighters. The thing is that maybe I don't know about all the fighters and there are some newcomers that are just rumors in the office and I have no way to know if they are real or not, but I will share it since it there was some rumors proven real more early in the development. A Newcomer that I can 100% confirm right now is Geno from Super Mario RPG and is representing the Super Mario series but Square Enix as well. I have seen some moves but not all: I know that his Side Special is a Beam coming from his Arm that open from his elbow and that his Normal Special is a Disc that He can throw upward or downward too. His Down Specials seems to be a reflecting move or a shield using a rainbow star (I don't really know for sure). I think his Up Special seems to be multiple lazer that he shoots downward. His Finals Smash is him transforming into a cannon and shooting at the aiming zone. He uses headbutt for a lot of his moves and there is 1 move where he takes his arm with his other arm to attack. Also, I have seen a 3D Model for Mallow but I have not seen it in the game for now (Assist Trophy?). Dixie Kong from Donkey kong is another Fighter that I have seen. I have seen her model and 4-5 moves. I am pretty sure that she has one of the biggest double jumps of all the fighters (like Mewtwo but less round). One of her Special is her shooting a bubble gum with a plastic gun and the gum does not damage but slows down enemies for sometimes. Her Up Special is her blowing a bubble gum and floating into the sky for sometimes, the bubble can be destroyed. I have seen two of her Smash Attacks one is her smashing a guitar to the ground the other one is her swinging her ponytail to the ground left and right multiple times. She also grabs other fighters with her ponytail. I heard rumors saying that she can float with her ponytail if you keep pressing the Jump Button.Elma from Xenoblade Chronicle X is one of the newcomers I have seen almost no info. All I know is that she has two forms: a Human form and a Mech form. While in Mech Form she can fly if you press the jump button. I am pretty sure that she can only take some damage in mech form (50%?) before destroying the mech and not being able to return into that form for the time shes alive. She can shoot with a gun in her mech and form and kicks a lot in human form.I can also pretty much confirm Mimikyu is the new Pokémon newcomer. I have seen the most moves for her. Her Normal Special is a unique move (Mimic) where can make a ghost looking clone of a close fighter and put it in front of Mimikyu. The clone will move with Mimikyu and the next move that Mimikyu will try to do (Normal Attacks, Specials, Throws, Areal attacks, etc) will be the ghost looking clone doing the move from the character that got cloned. Mimikyu got a special effect where she is cannot be knock backed for the first move that hit her. After that, her heads fall down. You can put the head back up with charging bar with Down Special. When her head is up, she can retake the next hit without the knockback. Her up Special is her glowing with a pink sphere and going up. Her Side Special is her Wood Stick growing bigger and having a dark aura and slamming the stick in front of her doing it in the air crash her down. She uses her ghost claw in a lot of other moves. Very Floaty character, but slow on the ground. The final Newcomer is just a rumor, but I believe it to be real. I heard a lot about Bandanna Waddle Dee from Kirby to be in Smash. I also heard that there is already work for DLC right now. This rumor, however, seems to be more real since I have seen the series logo and some models. I,m pretty sure Spring man from ARMS, Rex from Xenoblade Chronicle 2 and Octoling as a Inkling ε are the DLC. I heard that Spring Man will come out in Winter 2019, Rex in Spring 2019 and Octoling after E3 2019. I will now talk about the Echo FIghters or ε FIghters:
I am working with the Echo FIghters so i know them a lot more than the newcommers.
The last 3 ε Fighters are:
-Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
-Isabelle for Murabito
-and Ninten for Ness
All ε have the same moves but there is some difference with Knockback, damage and angle of Knockback.
Ninten has a big redesign like Roy for Smash for Wii U and 3DS (probably to make him different than Ness). He has a different colored hat and has a lot of Whiteb in his costume. His Shirt does not have Yellow in it and it looks more like White star on a black and blue shirt. He has 3 difference with Ness in their Specials. PK Thunder is a lot faster so more difficult to control, Pk Fire is angled Up if Ninten is on the ground and PSI Magnet is has a bigger protection.
Lucina has Tipper on a bigger part of her Sword but her Tipper does less knockback. Also, Her Specials seems to have more range than Marth's
I do not work in this department but it looks like you'll get information a lot. I also think myself that you'll know about Geno or Dixie Kong first since they seem to have the more time put into them for now
Also maybe Mimikkyu since she has a lot of developpment right now.
To continue with the ε Fighters:
Dark Pit 's Normal Special has a lot less curve in his arrow, but his Side Special seems to do a lot more Knockback than Pit's and go further.
Funky Kong Up Special seems to work a lot different than Donkey Kong's. His Up B is Funky Kong Spinning on his Surf Board. The Hitting part is down instead of Up like DK. When Funky Kong use Up Special on the ground, he just does a fast and powerful Surf Board Swing instead of spinning.
I think you'll get normal information in July and August will have 1 or 2 big info since the work that is supposed to be revealed seems to be 90% ready instead of 100% ready to show to public
Daisy, the ε Fighter of Peach have only 2 specials different. Her Toad counterattack does no damage but Stun the enemy (Like Corrin's Normal Special) Also when using her Down Special, she has a chance to pull out The Freeze Item and the Beehive item instead of the Bob-Omb and Mr. Saturn.
Isabelle has a countdown on her Pocket and she loses the item when the countdown is finished (It is like a Clock on her Pocket Icon over her %). But the Projectile that she pockets is massively enhanced. She has only 1 Balloon on her Up Special, but she jumps instead of fluttering. She also cannot ride her Side Special but the explosion of the Rocket is bigger.
I only said it was heavily rumored and probably real, but for your information, Mewtwo was worked on before Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was released. It is just the start of development for these character and they will take a lot more times to make than Mewtwo
I have not seen a lot of new stages but I can say the ones I saw:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio
I cannot promise anything but I think I can take pictures of the Geno, Mallow and Funky Kong Models Monday and upload them the same day or the day after
It looks like the Bowser Battle from Super Mario RPG. There are two big platforms that are the chandeliers. These platforms swing if theres to much movements on theme.

- Begin The Story

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hello, I have an interesting leak I have found and I want you to review it (if you want), I also subscribed and nice video plus happy in 2 weeks birthday
Link: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423373783#top
He is a worker and writes what he has seen so does not have to be full roster.
Thank you and enjoy!
Summary
Characters:
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Mimikyu (Pokemon Sun and Moon)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Echo Fighters
Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
Ninten For Ness
Isabelle For Villager

DLC:
Rex and Pyra 2019 Spring (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Octoling as Echo for Inkling (Splatoon 2)
Spring Man for 2019 Holiday (Arms)

Stages:
Returning:
Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio

New Stages

Information:
Hello, I can share some info about the new Super Smash Bros. game for you. Obvious but english is not my main language so sorry if I can't write correct. I have info about the new fighters. The thing is that maybe I don't know about all the fighters and there are some newcomers that are just rumors in the office and I have no way to know if they are real or not, but I will share it since it there was some rumors proven real more early in the development. A Newcomer that I can 100% confirm right now is Geno from Super Mario RPG and is representing the Super Mario series but Square Enix as well. I have seen some moves but not all: I know that his Side Special is a Beam coming from his Arm that open from his elbow and that his Normal Special is a Disc that He can throw upward or downward too. His Down Specials seems to be a reflecting move or a shield using a rainbow star (I don't really know for sure). I think his Up Special seems to be multiple lazer that he shoots downward. His Finals Smash is him transforming into a cannon and shooting at the aiming zone. He uses headbutt for a lot of his moves and there is 1 move where he takes his arm with his other arm to attack. Also, I have seen a 3D Model for Mallow but I have not seen it in the game for now (Assist Trophy?). Dixie Kong from Donkey kong is another Fighter that I have seen. I have seen her model and 4-5 moves. I am pretty sure that she has one of the biggest double jumps of all the fighters (like Mewtwo but less round). One of her Special is her shooting a bubble gum with a plastic gun and the gum does not damage but slows down enemies for sometimes. Her Up Special is her blowing a bubble gum and floating into the sky for sometimes, the bubble can be destroyed. I have seen two of her Smash Attacks one is her smashing a guitar to the ground the other one is her swinging her ponytail to the ground left and right multiple times. She also grabs other fighters with her ponytail. I heard rumors saying that she can float with her ponytail if you keep pressing the Jump Button.Elma from Xenoblade Chronicle X is one of the newcomers I have seen almost no info. All I know is that she has two forms: a Human form and a Mech form. While in Mech Form she can fly if you press the jump button. I am pretty sure that she can only take some damage in mech form (50%?) before destroying the mech and not being able to return into that form for the time shes alive. She can shoot with a gun in her mech and form and kicks a lot in human form.I can also pretty much confirm Mimikyu is the new Pokémon newcomer. I have seen the most moves for her. Her Normal Special is a unique move (Mimic) where can make a ghost looking clone of a close fighter and put it in front of Mimikyu. The clone will move with Mimikyu and the next move that Mimikyu will try to do (Normal Attacks, Specials, Throws, Areal attacks, etc) will be the ghost looking clone doing the move from the character that got cloned. Mimikyu got a special effect where she is cannot be knock backed for the first move that hit her. After that, her heads fall down. You can put the head back up with charging bar with Down Special. When her head is up, she can retake the next hit without the knockback. Her up Special is her glowing with a pink sphere and going up. Her Side Special is her Wood Stick growing bigger and having a dark aura and slamming the stick in front of her doing it in the air crash her down. She uses her ghost claw in a lot of other moves. Very Floaty character, but slow on the ground. The final Newcomer is just a rumor, but I believe it to be real. I heard a lot about Bandanna Waddle Dee from Kirby to be in Smash. I also heard that there is already work for DLC right now. This rumor, however, seems to be more real since I have seen the series logo and some models. I,m pretty sure Spring man from ARMS, Rex from Xenoblade Chronicle 2 and Octoling as a Inkling ε are the DLC. I heard that Spring Man will come out in Winter 2019, Rex in Spring 2019 and Octoling after E3 2019. I will now talk about the Echo FIghters or ε FIghters:
I am working with the Echo FIghters so i know them a lot more than the newcommers.
The last 3 ε Fighters are:
-Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
-Isabelle for Murabito
-and Ninten for Ness
All ε have the same moves but there is some difference with Knockback, damage and angle of Knockback.
Ninten has a big redesign like Roy for Smash for Wii U and 3DS (probably to make him different than Ness). He has a different colored hat and has a lot of Whiteb in his costume. His Shirt does not have Yellow in it and it looks more like White star on a black and blue shirt. He has 3 difference with Ness in their Specials. PK Thunder is a lot faster so more difficult to control, Pk Fire is angled Up if Ninten is on the ground and PSI Magnet is has a bigger protection.
Lucina has Tipper on a bigger part of her Sword but her Tipper does less knockback. Also, Her Specials seems to have more range than Marth's
I do not work in this department but it looks like you'll get information a lot. I also think myself that you'll know about Geno or Dixie Kong first since they seem to have the more time put into them for now
Also maybe Mimikkyu since she has a lot of developpment right now.
To continue with the ε Fighters:
Dark Pit 's Normal Special has a lot less curve in his arrow, but his Side Special seems to do a lot more Knockback than Pit's and go further.
Funky Kong Up Special seems to work a lot different than Donkey Kong's. His Up B is Funky Kong Spinning on his Surf Board. The Hitting part is down instead of Up like DK. When Funky Kong use Up Special on the ground, he just does a fast and powerful Surf Board Swing instead of spinning.
I think you'll get normal information in July and August will have 1 or 2 big info since the work that is supposed to be revealed seems to be 90% ready instead of 100% ready to show to public
Daisy, the ε Fighter of Peach have only 2 specials different. Her Toad counterattack does no damage but Stun the enemy (Like Corrin's Normal Special) Also when using her Down Special, she has a chance to pull out The Freeze Item and the Beehive item instead of the Bob-Omb and Mr. Saturn.
Isabelle has a countdown on her Pocket and she loses the item when the countdown is finished (It is like a Clock on her Pocket Icon over her %). But the Projectile that she pockets is massively enhanced. She has only 1 Balloon on her Up Special, but she jumps instead of fluttering. She also cannot ride her Side Special but the explosion of the Rocket is bigger.
I only said it was heavily rumored and probably real, but for your information, Mewtwo was worked on before Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was released. It is just the start of development for these character and they will take a lot more times to make than Mewtwo
I have not seen a lot of new stages but I can say the ones I saw:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Wool World
-Gamer
-Summit
-Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Cruise
-Wii Fit Studio
I cannot promise anything but I think I can take pictures of the Geno, Mallow and Funky Kong Models Monday and upload them the same day or the day after
It looks like the Bowser Battle from Super Mario RPG. There are two big platforms that are the chandeliers. These platforms swing if theres to much movements on theme.

- Begin The Story
If by interesting, you mean tired, overdone, and obviously fake.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I miss Wario Land too, but got replaced by warioware so... rip.
Her only hope now is if enough people voted for her (which is unlikely at this stage).

That said, let's remember that WW was basically cancelled for some years after Game & Wario happened. The Wario brand in general is teetering on the edge right now, so Gold has to succeed if characters from that have to stay relevant.

Man, why does Yoshi's New Island seem so bad?
I'm glad Woolly World got a 3DS version, because 3DS-only players sure got the short end of the stick when it comes to Yoshi.
Just another failed attempt at recapturing YI's magic. At least Good-Feel got it right from the first attempt with Woolly World.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You put me in the mood to go play Wario Land 1-4.
I can't blame you xD.
Dang. Not because I'm Wario Bias (Naw jk) but the game controls and just feels so good! And throwing enemies, the different endings, and hats make it feel new and fresh. I can't wait to play more Wario games in the future. Kinda wish we got a more Wario ware inspired moveset.
Here's some ideas :p

Down Throw: (Bull Hat Already a move luckily. Just add the hat to his head when he uses the move and we're good.)
Up Throw: (Bull Hat again, Maybe he can throw them upward then jab them with the horns?
Side and Back throw Are Good
Down Throw: (Spins around while dragon hat emits flames.

And imagine for an up special, it would be the same, but he would spin around with his jet hat?

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I mean, that idea for Mimikyu's neutral special is neat I guess, but just give it Shadowball.

No reason to give it some weird super Luma gimmick.

D

Deleted member

I mean, that idea for Mimikyu's neutral special is neat I guess, but just give it Shadowball.

No reason to give it some weird super Luma gimmick.
Not fond of that.
I do not want Mimikyu having the same move as Mewtwo.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Not fond of that.
I do not want Mimikyu having the same move as Mewtwo.
I don't care. :l

Its one of the best projectiles in the game and fits Mimikyu perfectly as opposed to "Shadow bending" or whatever you wanna call that.

blackghost

Smash Champion
s
For Square-Enix ATs, I think the most likely ones would be another FF character (probably Tifa, Terra, Sephiroth or Lightning), someone from Bravely Default, or even Neku from The World Ends With You. I’d personally prefer Neku cause TWEWY is a really awesome game that imo everyone should play at least once. There’s also 2B, I guess.

2B would insta-KO anyone who tried to look up her skirt. :troll: “What are you doing?”
sepiroth as an AT would be very disappointing he's one of the biggest villains ever. im not a huge fan of FF but im kidding myself if i dont think him as an AT is sufficient. any of the other FF characters can be ATs easily.
that leak with elma's moveset does not seem plausible at all.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
We already have a bland old swordsman in the roster. Her name is Lucina.
Them's fighting words! XD
While I do agree that Heroes is somewhat of a phenomenon as Nintendo's most successful mobile title, I feel like nobody could have predicted it would do as well as it has back when the project plan for Ultimate started. As far as Sakurai was concerned at the time, it could have been a dud that most people left after just a week or two, like with Miitomo or Mario Run.

If anything, its continued success leaves it open to a DLC fighter, but if they are going to do that, I don't know why they wouldn't just do a Three Houses rep instead, especially since it seems one of the main characters of that game can use axes.
If anything we could get both DLC from Heroes, as well as Three House, since both look to have a compelling story, and each protagonists uses a lance, and the other an axe respectively, they both give way to more unique ways of fighting so both is possible.
FE Heroes was released in 2017 which would have been far too late to affect the roster based off the factor of success.

Besides, given Sakurai was already concerned about the amount of FE characters before Corrin was even added, I doubt we're even getting a new FE character anyways, whether in the base roster or as DLC.
Sakurai gave concern about Village and Pacman's pacifistic nature clashing with Smash and refused, we thought that with his rules, Cloud was a pipe dream that people wasted their expectations on, he gave concern to Ridley being in Smash cause he was big and refused him too, and how many time has this man has said "This game will be my last Smash game."

And all what happened? All of his self imposed rules, shattered by no one but himself (except the last one cause Nintendo wants money). As far as I'm concerned, his only rule is there are no rules, and the only thing expected from him is the unexpected. Yes IS probably realize Heroes popularity and Boon a bit too late and when it was released doesn't help either, but that wouldn't stop them from asking Sakurai to add content in the game (even if it's a spinoff) (it sure didn't stop SEGA from asking for Sonic to join Brawl). Even if it's DLC, it's still something and it's still possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom