• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wish Wario Land wasn't basically dead so Captain Syrup was actually relevant.

Then we could have Captain Syrup, King K. Rool, Toon Link, and Ridley in a pirate-themed trailer.
Ridley ain't no swashbuckler.
And neither was K. Rool for half of his appearances.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What's this Livestream thing? I know it's smash and aces related but what exactly are they streaming? Trailers? Tournaments?

Iridium

Smash Hero

Accurate depiction of how I look and feel three minutes after waking up.
I heard his eyelashes are actual 3D textures. Anyway, the context was about the reflections that are on the stage (again, Reddit surfing).

D

Deleted member

Accurate depiction of my reaction to discussions about Echo Fighters in this thread.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Might be an old topic from this morning, but when it comes to Chrom as an Echo, I don’t support it because “CONFIRMED!” or “gimme Chrom Sakurai”, I support it because Chrom is already there.

He has an HD model, Sakurai already said that he’d be like Ike (definitely enough for an Echo), and he’s one of the only FE characters that make sense.

When it comes to ones not in Smash, Lyn is definetely the most popular but we already know the end of that story. Celica has been a popular pick but her timing screws her up and SOV’s sales don’t make up for it, even though they were pleasing to the big N. There are a few males that beat out Chrom’s popularity empirically but I think Sakurai’s and the general public’s love for Awakening would make up for it. At this point it would make a lot of sense to slap Chrom’s model onto an Ike skeleton and call it a day, it’d be a good compromise between many sides of fanbases.

Chrom has the prerequisites down to already having assets and a moveset ingame. It’s basically just an “ok” from Sakurai at this point and that’s why I think he’s likely.
I understand why his supporters might be excited for a potential "second chance" so to speak, but out of all the potential Echoes Sakurai could make (even out of the existing models), Chrom should not be high up on that list.

Chrom had his chance and he missed it. Does it stink for people who wanted him? Of course. It always hurts when a character who relies heavily on good timing misses his biggest shot of getting in Smash. However, the sad truth is that not every character is gonna make the cut, and franchises with a revolving cast suffer from this the most. A few people were upset that Zoroark and Sceptile were unable to make it in Smash 4, and now the odds of them ever getting added in Smash is almost nonexistent. New characters will spawn from newer games, and popular characters like Chrom and Zoroark become less and less relevant as time moves on.

Point is, Awakening has come and gone. We got a decent amount of content from it, but I think it's time for us to move on and let a different game (preferably one from a different franchises) step into the spotlight and get an Echo Fighter instead.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Great changes. Can you provide public access to all of the expired/proven wrong leaks, though? I was looking forward to seeing all of the K. Rool on the 9th "leaks" that got deconfirmed today.
Forgot to say that I will provide leak deaths when they occur. I've edited the main post to reflect that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All those polygons, 3D models, and nutshell reactions at the same time
8ECCB257-B27F-44BD-A670-D323DE1056B0.jpeg

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I understand why his supporters might be excited for a potential "second chance" so to speak, but out of all the potential Echoes Sakurai could make (even out of the existing models), Chrom should not be high up on that list.

Chrom had his chance and he missed it. Does it stink for people who wanted him? Of course. It always hurts when a character who relies heavily on good timing misses his biggest shot of getting in Smash. However, the sad truth is that not every character is gonna make the cut, and franchises with a revolving cast suffer from this the most. A few people were upset that Zoroark and Sceptile were unable to make it in Smash 4, and now the odds of them ever getting added in Smash is almost nonexistent. New characters will spawn from newer games, and popular characters like Chrom and Zoroark become less and less relevant as time moves on.

Point is, Awakening has come and gone. We got a decent amount of content from it, but I think it's time for us to move on and let a different game (preferably one from a different franchises) step into the spotlight and get an Echo Fighter instead.
While I'm not a Chrom supporter you can't say Chrom has come and gone. He's still relatively promoted and was used in games up into last year, after the project plan would have been done. Not only that but he's popular and would have gotten requests. Also, it's not like there's even a new Fire Emblem game to pull a character from (Corrin's already in. I'm sure everyone's on the side that this would be a totally different conversation had Corrin not got in as dlc).

Anyway Chrom has a lot more going than a one time Zelda character or a quickly forgotten Pokemon. He's in a decent position, if we were to even get another Fire Emblem character. I also don't like Awakening having 3 reps but you can't lie and say Awakening isn't a huge influence on the current series (I mean Fates was basically Awakening 2.0)

MainJPW

M.T.A
Might be an old topic from this morning, but when it comes to Chrom as an Echo, I don’t support it because “CONFIRMED!” or “gimme Chrom Sakurai”, I support it because Chrom is already there.

He has an HD model, Sakurai already said that he’d be like Ike (definitely enough for an Echo), and he’s one of the only FE characters that make sense.

When it comes to ones not in Smash, Lyn is definetely the most popular but we already know the end of that story. Celica has been a popular pick but her timing screws her up and SOV’s sales don’t make up for it, even though they were pleasing to the big N. There are a few males that beat out Chrom’s popularity empirically but I think Sakurai’s and the general public’s love for Awakening would make up for it. At this point it would make a lot of sense to slap Chrom’s model onto an Ike skeleton and call it a day, it’d be a good compromise between many sides of fanbases.

Chrom has the prerequisites down to already having assets and a moveset ingame. It’s basically just an “ok” from Sakurai at this point and that’s why I think he’s likely.
But Chrom's another Blue Haired anime Swordsmen AND another FE rep. Think of the "muh reps" side of the fanbase.
View attachment 152281
Accurate depiction of how I look and feel when people say Sans will be in smash.
Sans is already in Smash I heard.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, I guess I started a meme. Never would have expected that. I'm just looking at them at this point. XD.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
But Chrom's another Blue Haired anime Swordsmen AND another FE rep. Think of the "muh reps" side of the fanbase.

Sans is already in Smash I heard.
But that's just a theory....

Also shoutouts to 4chan for making bad photoshops of K. Rool on the Smash blog. They're trying.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Just woke up from a nap (I'm sick). I had a dream about an interesting Dragon Quest stage concept.

It would be based on the original battle system from the NES games, and the players would fight on the text boxes. Occasionally, famous Dragon Quest monsters would appear in the middle of the screen and cause wacky things to happen to the players/stage.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you guys are going overkill on yoshi, its ugandan knuckles all over again

when you get told to smile for a picture but you really dont wanna

Iridium

Smash Hero
Am I looking at death?
Literally, Swamp Sensei is right about Melee having bad aesthetics for 2001.

I mean this looks so much better and this came out the same year in the GameCube.
I forgot to mention, these are low poly models, so that explains why they look like that, also, the real nightmore fuel (for some) is in my spoiler afterwards.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wish Wario Land wasn't basically dead so I wouldn't have to cry myself to sleep at night Captain Syrup was actually relevant.

Then we could have Captain Syrup, King K. Rool, Toon Link, and Ridley in a pirate-themed trailer.
Ideally, I'd want Nintendo to work Shake It! to fill a gap in the new game schedule. So much pretty hand drawn art that not everyone got to see.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It really bugs me how when you choose your main and pick wario, you can't pick classic Wah for Smash 3DS, Wii U, and Brawl.
I know it's just a nitpick, but can we get a mod on this?

Cyn Cyn

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It really bugs me how when you choose your main and pick wario, you can't pick classic Wah for Smash 3DS, Wii U, and Brawl.
I know it's just a nitpick, but can we get a mod on this?

Cyn Cyn
I'm pretty sure that's a Premium-only feature.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Actually Chrom's model already has Marth's skeleton rigged to him, in fact he's the only NPC as far as I'm aware of that has this distinction (At least in terms of ones from Final Smashes). This is commonly why Chrom is put over Marth when people mod Smash 4 and not Ike.

D

Deleted member

when you get told to smile for a picture but you really dont wanna
I am crying from laughing. Literately.
This is the funniest thing I have seen in this Summer.
Thank you Arigarmy.
Edit:

Accurate depiction of how I look and feel three minutes after waking up.
This is also the funniest thing I have seen in Summer as well.
Another Edit: And some thing that was funny for a stupid reason.

When you take a selfie of yourself:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Can we make all the Fire Emblem Lords that ever were, Echo Fighters of Marth?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
While I'm not a Chrom supporter you can't say Chrom has come and gone. He's still relatively promoted and was used in games up into last year, after the project plan would have been done. Not only that but he's popular and would have gotten requests. Also, it's not like there's even a new Fire Emblem game to pull a character from (Corrin's already in. I'm sure everyone's on the side that this would be a totally different conversation had Corrin not got in as dlc).

Anyway Chrom has a lot more going than a one time Zelda character or a quickly forgotten Pokemon. He's in a decent position, if we were to even get another Fire Emblem character. I also don't like Awakening having 3 reps but you can't lie and say Awakening isn't a huge influence on the current series (I mean Fates was basically Awakening 2.0)
Chrom is getting the same spin-off treatment a lot of Awakening and Fates characters are getting. Very little of the promotion is targeted towards him specifically, and I have my doubts about his promotion continuing with the same momentum once 2019 rolls around and the next batch of FE characters start getting pushed. Unless he appears in another main game, his relevancy will only continue to deteriorate over time.

Not saying he isn't popular by any means, but I stand with my original statement that the time for him to get in Smash has passed. The role he has with Robin is fine, and I don't see any reason for Sakurai to consider him a second time when Awakening is almost six years old and the FE franchise is moving forward with other games.

D

Deleted member

I am crying from laughing. Literately.
This is the funniest thing I have seen in this Summer.
Thank you Arigarmy.
Edit:

This is also the funniest thing I have seen in Summer as well.

When you take a selfie of yourself:
Tagging N3ON N3ON so I can boost her ego.

I have no mouth and i must scream.
Oh my goodness.....
These posts are quality content. Literally quality content.
Bud, you might want to edit words in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom