• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So, just a random question for all.. since we all love these.

Name 5 characters you want, and name 5 characters you think are likely. And name a reason why you think those characters are likely.
Want:
Impa
King K Rool
Bandanna Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Ashley

Likely:
King K Rool - Seems like the obvious choice
Simon Belmont - The leak
Ashley - Popular, especially in Japan, plus Nintendo seems to be pushing her
Dixie Kong - Seems like a no-brainer. She’d be such an easy semi-clone
Decidueye/Mimikyu - One of the two. Because Pokémon

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I think you guys are looking into lore way too much. I agree sakurai likes to portray characters as they are in their games if he can help it, but the fact is that shadow CAN and HAS done everything sonic does here in smash.

If "this doesnt represent how they could actually fight/this represents what they are known for" was as important as you guys seem to think, none of the echoes we have now would be echoes.

Dark Pit is known for his use of the staff and other weapons he uses in uprising. I cant even remember seeing him use silver bow prominently at all in the game. But here he is, an echo, because he is perfectly capable of copying pit DESPITE the fact that he does not use the same weapons as pit. Completely disregarding his potential and representation outside of taunts etc.

Everyone swore up and down daisy would focus on athleticism and flower power, but here we are with a peach echo. This happened because it's possible (I guess) to do everything peach can do. Once again, despite her potential to do all these things and represent her uniqueness, we got an echo tha can work.

Lucina, for whatever reason, uses a two handed sword in the same style of (one handed style) marth. There have been plenty of posts at this point that explain how absurd it is that she could even copy marths fighting style based on the lore of her game. Again, here we are with a character that does what another character does because it works.

At this point you have to see a trend. Echoes dont have to portray a character down to the tee in its moveset. So long as the character's personality is prevalent in its taunts, victory animations, voice lines, and minute differences represent the character they are fair game to be an echo.

I think boxing yourself in to only seeing or accepting things a certain way is the quickest way to disappoint yourself. Do I want shadow to be an echo? No, I would prefer a semiclone that doesnt revolve around spamming spindash and spring in neutral, not to mention he's been shown doing all kinds of cool and unique things. However, I do see that if push comes to shove, yes shadow can be an echo and it would make 10x more sense than the other echoes we have now. To simply denounce the possibility because you want something more, is foolish. It's okay to prefer something, just don't forget it can easily (and is more likely) to go the other way.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Name 5 characters you want, and name 5 characters you think are likely. And name a reason why you think those characters are likely.
Who I want? Dovahkiin. And K. Rool, but I would be going nuts for the Dragonborn.

Want:
  1. Dovahkiin
  2. K. Rool
  3. Urbosa
  4. Tails
  5. ??? Honestly, I’m fine with them. Heck, I’d think it’s perfect with just #1.
Likely:
  • I hesitate to say K. Rool, but his popularity on the internet since the ballot cannot be overstated, and I’m sure the Mii costume was a consolation prize after Nintendo was surprised by his support. I just donkt want to be disappointed by expecting him and then not getting him.
  • Ashley’s gotten a huge name for herself in Japan lately, and we could always use anoth mage moveset. Shr has kind of taken over the Badge Arcade in Japan, and with the bunny in as an assist, it’s looking good for her.
  • Isabelle may not have enough moveset potential from her home games for a full kit (yes I know fans have come up with them, but the fans aren’t directing Smash), but she’d be an easy Villager echo and she’s usurped the entire franchise, to the extent that she, not villager, is the face of it. If anyone deserves an echo, it’s her.
  • Geno’s another one who, even though I’m not a fan of his at all, had a lot of popularity from Smahs fans. Sakurai likes him and he got a Mii outfit last game, so it’s looking good for him. Just please give me Dragonborn so I can wash this one down easier.
  • I think Simon got a lot of his popularity from Vergeben’s leak, but if Sakurai is a fan of Castlevania, it’s looking good. Especially as he’d make a great counterpart for Samus.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I mean sure, if you want to squeeze blood from a stone and dissect the meta, then Marth/Roy/Lucina play differently, but for the Average Joe who picks up the game and tries out each character, they're going to seem the same. That's not exciting for players. I always thought Lucina replacing Roy was a good move, and despite it producing some some nostalgic feelings, Roy coming back as DLC was a bit of a disappointment.

I don't care about the color of their hair, I care that they have the same general moveset, Final Smash included. I'm fine with them all being present, but it does make me actively home against a FE newcomer, cause at this point it just seems a little bloated. Oh well. C'est la vie!

Iridium

Smash Hero

This point by Tevlev14 on Reddit makes me wonder what would :ultkirby: be like if he used copy abilities from his own series instead of other fighters. In addition (although this might be crazy), maybe he could get an entirely new moveset for each ability, but also have the normal moveset if he is not using a copy ability. What are your thoughts?

Pakky

Smash Hero

These 5 are really one and the same:

Mii costume, with mysterious assets from nowhere, series antagonist
Been in a lot of games and has helped Kirby where others weren't around. Not in :ultkingdedede:'s final smash.

Japan's idol? Mii costume, with mysterious assets from nowhere.

Song, anime, significance in the games, Pokken, Detective Pikachu,is the only monster out of 800+ that has a relationship with :ultpikachu: no matter the version no matter the :ultpikachu:

Mii costume, with mysterious assets from nowhere, Sakurai mentions him specifically.

Bonus
Model ready for rigging just left in the Wii U version as a trophy, sure okay, alright...

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Want (Mostly in order)
5. Masked Man/Claus
4. Marx
3. Tetra/Urbosa (Honestly either would be amazing as a newcomer Zelda rep)
2. Twintelle
1. Mimikyu
Unfortunately besides Mimikyu I don't see any of these as likely lol.

Likely (No order, sorry)
5. Impa - Most likely echo imo.
4. Gen 7 Pokemon (Mimikyu/Decideueye/Incinearoar) - I know that's cheating but whatever. To be fair many don't even think a Pokemon newcomer is likely. Also I want to be clear though that these are the only Gen 7 pokemon I think are likely, I do not think Lycanroc is likely.
3. Bandanna Dee - There's an unsettling possibility I could be wrong but a new Kirby rep feels so right and Bandanna Dee makes the most sense.
2. DK Rep (Dixie/King K.) - I'm predicting one not both. Sorry can't choose, deal with it.
1. Rayman - Ubisoft is being way too friendly. Plus he's managed to sneak into the series before.

My signature has those predictions and more but those 5 (or 8 depending on how you look at it) are the ones I definitely see as the most likely.

With Krystal's blurb today, all the new assist trophies that were in the demo have been covered. As for Pokeball Pokemon, we still have: Scizor (returning), Abra, Alolan Raichu, and Bewear. For new items the only one left is the Healing Field. It shouldn't be too much longer until we start seeing new stuff which makes sense because we're almost already at the one month mark.
Just a minor addition but we also haven't had a post for the pokemon Togedemaru (spelling?) who was in the demo. And wow there weren't that many new assists in the demo were there?

Last edited:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Wants-
Rayman
Bandana Waddle Dee
Rex+Pyra
Labo Man
Ashley

Likely
K Rool
Ashley
Elma
Dark Samus
Octoling

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seeing some Xenoblade X vs Xenoblade Chronicles 2 talk and I think they'd be much more likely to go with a 2 rep than X. Supposedly 2 started development in 2014 so there's a pretty decent chance that Sakurai was made aware of it before the alleged start of Ultimate's development in early 2016. Plus, with Breath of the Wild and Odyssey already having stages, launch window Switch games will probably be heavily highlighted, just like how launch window Wii U games were in SSB4.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So.

What's one small detail you would like to see added into Smash Ultimate? Something that doesn't really affect gameplay, but just a neat touch that makes the package seem all the more great.

For me, I would like to see the Trophy Hoard room in Ultimate return to something more like Melee's.
1530804891891.png

Was never really a fan of the stadium looking environment from Brawl and 4. Having a room filled with Nintendo's consoles throughout the years really helps make the game feel like a celebration of the company, even if Smash has kind of evolved from that.

D

Deleted member

I think you guys are looking into lore way too much. I agree sakurai likes to portray characters as they are in their games if he can help it, but the fact is that shadow CAN and HAS done everything sonic does here in smash.

If "this doesnt represent how they could actually fight/this represents what they are known for" was as important as you guys seem to think, none of the echoes we have now would be echoes.

Dark Pit is known for his use of the staff and other weapons he uses in uprising. I cant even remember seeing him use silver bow prominently at all in the game. But here he is, an echo, because he is perfectly capable of copying pit DESPITE the fact that he does not use the same weapons as pit. Completely disregarding his potential and representation outside of taunts etc.

Everyone swore up and down daisy would focus on athleticism and flower power, but here we are with a peach echo. This happened because it's possible (I guess) to do everything peach can do. Once again, despite her potential to do all these things and represent her uniqueness, we got an echo tha can work.

Lucina, for whatever reason, uses a two handed sword in the same style of (one handed style) marth. There have been plenty of posts at this point that explain how absurd it is that she could even copy marths fighting style based on the lore of her game. Again, here we are with a character that does what another character does because it works.

At this point you have to see a trend. Echoes dont have to portray a character down to the tee in its moveset. So long as the character's personality is prevalent in its taunts, victory animations, voice lines, and minute differences represent the character they are fair game to be an echo.

I think boxing yourself in to only seeing or accepting things a certain way is the quickest way to disappoint yourself. Do I want shadow to be an echo? No, I would prefer a semiclone that doesnt revolve around spamming spindash and spring in neutral, not to mention he's been shown doing all kinds of cool and unique things. However, I do see that if push comes to shove, yes shadow can be an echo and it would make 10x more sense than the other echoes we have now. To simply denounce the possibility because you want something more, is foolish. It's okay to prefer something, just don't forget it can easily (and is more likely) to go the other way.
This exactly. I went through all this back in 4 with Dark Pit, who imo had the most mysterious and hype inducing "reveal", only to see him become a Pit clone despite holding his staff in the official artwork. If Shadow does get in he'll probably be the exact same as Sonic outside of the dash animation and Final Smash, where he'd use his Chaos powers instead of/in addition to going Super Shadow, and that's perfectly okay and true to character. There is a small chance he uses Chaos powers for some of his specials, but I wouldn't hold my breath considering we haven't gotten a new semi-clone since Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A

Want:
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Isaac
  4. Ashley
  5. Lip
What's probably likely?
  1. Donkey Kong Rep. Look how popular King K. Rool is, look at the Mii costume we got 3 months into the Smash Ballot, Push Dustin's popularity graph. Look at all these fake leaks with K. Rool's name in them. Not saying he's guaranteed but the popularity is there. Dixie Kong is relevant.
  2. Ashley. Super popular in Japan.
  3. Pokemon. Come on.
  4. Elma. She's probably more likely than Rex & Pyra as she existed during the Smash 6 Project Plan in 2015.
  5. Geno. Sakurai said he gets lots of requests and the Mii costume has new assets. Why not.

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice

This point by Tevlev14 on Reddit makes me wonder what would :ultkirby: be like if he used copy abilities from his own series instead of other fighters. In addition (although this might be crazy), maybe he could get an entirely new moveset for each ability, but also have the normal moveset if he is not using a copy ability. What are your thoughts?
This would be a very interesting Kirby, and I'd be all for it. And they could instead have Shang Tsung come in to represent Mortal Kombat. :grin: HE could have two types of "copying". He could either morph into the opponent he is faced with, or morph into any other character from the roster at random (an on-the-fly random select gimmick). Unlike Kirby, it would be a 100% copy. But while he is using his magic to battle in a morphed state, he'd take more damage and/or deal less.

gotta go with the classic look!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean sure, if you want to squeeze blood from a stone and dissect the meta, then Marth/Roy/Lucina play differently, but for the Average Joe who picks up the game and tries out each character, they're going to seem the same. That's not exciting for players. I always thought Lucina replacing Roy was a good move, and despite it producing some some nostalgic feelings, Roy coming back as DLC was a bit of a disappointment.

I don't care about the color of their hair, I care that they have the same general moveset, Final Smash included. I'm fine with them all being present, but it does make me actively home against a FE newcomer, cause at this point it just seems a little bloated. Oh well. C'est la vie!
Trying to play Roy like Lucina & Marth isn't going to go well, despite being a sword user, Roy couldn't play more different than anyone, since trying to space with him is just not good, especially in Melee where his attack are complete garbage if you land them at the tip of the sword, Smash 4 Roy tip is better, but still weak in that regard.

I think even a casual could see this after playing those 3 characters, Lucina & Marth can play sort of the same, but Roy is really a close fighter. Not that's a bad thing mind you, there is a reason why he was so popular in Melee despite being a clone of Marth but worse in every way. Roy is a character made for your average joe, Marth? You need to space well with him to be good. Lucina? Heh, she doesn't have tipper and is easier to use, but she doesn't have fire coming out of her sword, Roy is a character you can pick while playing with your friends, go into your opponent face and be rewarded for it, and look cool in the process, that's Roy in a nutshell.

Too bad that Cloud then come out and basically did everything Roy coud do but miles time better, but shhhhh, him, Shulk & Ike are still crying in the corner.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Want:
Skull Kid
K. Rool
Porky
Bandana Dee
Geno

Likely:
Simon Belmont - Vergeben, Konami being back and seemingly very willing to negotiate, and really just makes a ton of sense in hindsight.
K. Rool - Crazy global fan demand stretching back a long way, and the Mii Costume is highly suspicious.
Elma - Mech gun theory, Xenoblade getting much more popular, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 happening too late.
Chorus Men - I think Sakurai is very likely to revisit the idea as it was likely only cut due to technical limitations.
Dixie Kong - Popular, important, marketable, and wouldn't require a lot of work (although people thinking she'll be an echo are wide off the mark).

Geno, Bandana Dee, Isabelle, Ashley and Dark Samus are all in with a decent shout aswell, but I don't think they're as likely as the others.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster

Want:
1. Zero (as DLC)
2. King K. Rool
3. Paper Mario (pre-Sticker Star)
4. Mike Jones
5. Would've been another Mother character but that's not happening, so... any new Wario WarioWare character, like Ashley or 9-Volt

Likely:

1. K. Rool because the support for him has been enormous.
2. Geno because the assets are there and also enormous requests. Plus we already got Cloud so...
3. Simon Belmont because of the Vergeben leak, plus Sakurai likes Castlevania. Fun fact: I voted for him on the ballot.
4. A new Pokemon obviously
5. Octolings echo

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just a minor addition but we also haven't had a post for the pokemon Togedemaru (spelling?) who was in the demo. And wow there weren't that many new assists in the demo were there?
I also forgot about the Banana Gun too but, still, not a whole lot. Unless Sakurai decides to get super stally, we should start to see new stuff within two weeks.

Oh... I forgot the Sticker Arcade Rabbit too.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Wants and what's likely? Might as well join in.

Wants
Slippy Toad - Now that Krystal's been deconfirmed, Slippy's moved up. I'm a Star Fox loyalist, and so the more fighters and content, the better.
Sceptile - Although his chances are slim to none, I still think Sceptile would make for an excellent addition. Pokken shows his potential well.
Decidueye - The runner-up to Sceptile. I think Decidueye would make for another excellent addition, and has huge potential as an avian archer.
Spring Man - I think the Smash Ultimate plan was made too early for him to be considered, but he'd make for one hell of a fighter.
Isabelle - The face of the Animal Crossing series, and she'd make for an interesting fighter. I can see a lot of her moves happening by accident, ha.

Likely
Dixie Kong - I'd argue she's the most likely newcomer. Considered for Smash once before, would be able to re-use Diddy's assets, and she's popular.
Elma - I think the timing of Smash Ultimate's plan highly favors her over Rex & Pyra. She's make for a very interesting addition.
Lycanroc - I'd argue Lycanroc's chances are about even with Decidueye's. Very popular, and GameFreak has been pushing Lycanroc hard.
Chorus Kids - Evidence shows that there was a Rhythm Heaven character planned for Smash 4 at some point. Maybe Sakurai will revisit the concept.
Geno - Sakurai's stated in the past that he's aware of Geno's popularity, and he was considered at some point. With Cloud back, maybe we'll see him.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Want:

Marx
Kamek
Decidueye
Bandana Dee
Ninten

Expect:

Bandana Dee: Everthing is in his favor. Ballot, Relevancy, etc.
Ashley: Huge in Japan.
K.Rool: Huge in the west
Decidueye/Lycanroc: Regular Pokémon addition. I think Lycanroc is more likely though
Rayman: Exellent relationship with Nintendo.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Seeing some Xenoblade X vs Xenoblade Chronicles 2 talk and I think they'd be much more likely to go with a 2 rep than X. Supposedly 2 started development in 2014 so there's a pretty decent chance that Sakurai was made aware of it before the alleged start of Ultimate's development in early 2016. Plus, with Breath of the Wild and Odyssey already having stages, launch window Switch games will probably be heavily highlighted, just like how launch window Wii U games were in SSB4.
Nah, given Sakurai statement's about what's recent around when the roster is being conceptualized mattering and his comment about how less likely Robin would have been if his game released 6 months later than when it did, Elma's the one we're getting if there is going to be a Xenoblade newcomer for the base roster, especially since the international release date of X being in December 2015.

Also, keep in mind that Oddysey finished development before January 2017 and Breath of The Wild was delayed multiple times, one of them being for the reason relating to issues with the physics engine. Those two games might as well be 2015-2016 games for all the difference it makes to speculation. What is more telling is the lack of Splatoon 2 and Samus Returns content, with :ultinkling::ultridley: not even being based off how they appear in their latest non-Smash game appearance.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Want:
1.) Rayman
2.) Dr.Eggman
3.) Shantae
4.) King K.Rool
5.) Banjo and Kazooie.

Likely:
1.) King K. Rool- While I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a shoo-in, the odds do seem to be in his favor.
2.) New Pokémon - This is a no-brainer.
3.) Rayman - I do feel somewhat confident in his inclusion, he seems like the most likely western third party to make it in, though we'll have to wait and see.
4.) Jeanne (Bayonetta Echo Fighter) - Bayonetta is a third party, but her series is so closely tied to Nintendo. Aside from Sonic, Bayonetta seems like the third-party that's most likely to get a second rep.
5.) Elma - Have no connection to her, but I do know Xenoblade X was released close to when Ultimate's project plan was completed, so the timing seems just right for her.

Pakky

Smash Hero

OH, well...

To the leak LIST!

batman noises.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I've been keeping a list of NEW content, and we've yet to get an official post about:

STAGES
New Donk City
Great Plateau Tower
Moray Towers

ASSISTS
Rambling Evil Mushroom
Burrowing Snagret
Arcade Bunny
Rodin

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Nah, given Sakurai statement's about what's recent around when the roster is being conceptualized mattering and his comment about how less likely Robin would have been if his game released 6 months later than when it did, Elma's the one we're getting if there is going to be a Xenoblade newcomer for the base roster, especially since the international release date of X being in December 2015.

Also, keep in mind that Oddysey finished development before January 2017 and Breath of The Wild was delayed multiple times, one of them being for the reason relating to issues with the physics engine. Those two games might as well be 2015-2016 games for all the difference it makes to speculation. What is more telling is the lack of Splatoon 2 and Samus Returns content, with :ultinkling::ultridley: not even being based off how they appear in their latest non-Smash game appearance.
While I agree with most of this, I myself don't necessarily think there's so much a lack of Splatoon 2 content as we're letting on. Yes, Callie & Marie are an AT over Off the Hook, but the cover Inkling Girl is a skin for the Inklings (because let's face it, the original Inklings are the most iconic), and Moray Towers is a map in both games.

There's still plenty of time to see a Samus Returns stage, but I'm not holding my breath necessarily.

Not for nothing, but I think basing things on what Sakurai says can only take us so far considering the results of this last game :dizzy:. Sure, this reference seems to be one that will probably hold true. That said, I do think Rex & Pyra and even Spring Man are prime candidates for DLC.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Want:
- K. Rool
- Skull Kid
- Classic Ganon
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Porky

Likely
- K. Rool - really popular, Sakurai seems to be really given fans what they want for this game, almost definitely scored high in the ballot which now has even more evidence to be used for this game; not even mentioning the fact that he is/was significant for his series, and was called “Donkey Kong’s Bowser” in his Smash 4 trophy

- Alola Pokémon - it’s a tradition at this point; either Decidueye or Mimikyu; could not happen because of development times though

- Simon Belmont - Vergeban, and he’s been a relatively popular request for quite a while

- Chrom - his fans were still persistent even after he was deconfirmed, and his costume added alongside K. Rool may suggest he did well in the ballot; with the rise of echo characters and the absence of Robin’s Final Smash indicating there’s some change, I think he will be in as an echo of Ike

- Bandana Waddle - he seems to have a lot of popularity both in the West and in Japan, which certainly helps, in addition to him being more and more prevalent in the Kirby series; the only roadblock may be that Sakurai might have some bias against Kirby games he didn’t make, but Kirby and Dedede’s never Final Smashes are showing that might not be all that true.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Robin got in because Awakening's Japanese release date matched up perfectly with that 6 months threshold Sakurai put in place. Elma's case would have to be with X's Japanese release date April 29th 2015.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dark Pit is known for his use of the staff and other weapons he uses in uprising. I cant even remember seeing him use silver bow prominently at all in the game. But here he is, an echo, because he is perfectly capable of copying pit DESPITE the fact that he does not use the same weapons as pit.
Silver Bow: Used during his boss fight in Chapter 6, his mini-boss fight in Chapter 13, and the land battle section in Chapter 21. This is his most used weapon.”
“When playing as Dark Pit in Chapter 22, he will use any weapon the player provides him with. He also shows the ability to use powers just as Pit can.”
What is more telling is the lack of Splatoon 2 and Samus Returns content, with :ultinkling::ultridley: not even being based off how they appear in their latest non-Smash game appearance.
For the case of Inklings, it also helps that the og Inklings are the most promoted Inklings of them all besides maybe the Squid Sisters (they got to be in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and were the first Smash characters revealed...while also revealing the game before they died, among other things)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Development started in 2014 but Rex and Pyra's designs weren't even finalized until mid-to-late 2016. Odyssey was complete long before it was released and botw was supposed to come out in 2015 anyway, it had been done for a long time. Also there's a major difference between stages and characters, stages don't take as long to develop and with switch games like those especially it's possible that assets were reused.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Want:
1. A Retro rep - Excitebiker or Ayumi Tachibana.
2. A new Pokemon rep - would like to see a Team Rocket Grunt (similar style to Pokemon Trainer.)
3. A new Xenoblade rep - Between Elma or Rex & Pyra.
4. ARMS rep - Springman or Twintelle would be my choice.
5. Third Party rep - Personally would like to see a secondary rep for Bandai Namco or SEGA, but I wouldn't mind seeing other third party characters from Atlus or SNK.

Likely:
1. King K. Rool - A popular character.
2. Ashley - Another popular candidate.
3. A new Pokemon - I predict this one could be Decidueye.
4. Simon Belmont - Now I am aware that Vergeben does have a bit of a spotty record, but since Bomberman is an assist trophy, Simon is the next most likely candidate to be the second Konami rep.
5. 2nd Xenoblade rep - I think this could end up being Elma.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Want
1) Dark Samus
2) Marx
3) K. Rool
4) Skull Kid
5) Mimikyu

"Expect" (Though I really wouldn't put money on any of them)
1) K. Rool - Costume/demand/DK lacking content
2) Isabelle - One of the few All-Stars not playable
3) Ashley - Really big in Japan
4) Simon - Konami second char/Sakurai favorite
5) Dark Samus - Un-shown assist/skin has me hopeful

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Want:
Amaterasu: Her fighting style is fun and unique and would represent a highly respected game.
Sora: I would blow my mind if Kingdom Hearts made it into to Smash in some plus a Wide variety of moveset doesn't hurt.
Shantae: Top choice for an Indie character to join Smash.
Fjorm: Fire Emblem will most likely push heir mobile game success, and this character is fun and unique enough to do it.
Gardevoir: Pokémon could use someone from Gen 3 In Smash, and she'd be my top pick.

Likely:
Elma: Xenoblade could always use more representation, and the timing of Ultimate helps her chances greatly, plus her speedy DPS duel wielding sounds like a fun style Sakurai would toy with.
Rex & Pyra: Despite not having the same timing has Elma, it's quite clear Sakurai enjoys the game they're from, so it's safe bet that they'll appear even if it as DLC.
Lycanroc: Ash's current ace Pokémon and arguably most focused on Pokémon by the Pokémon Company, their chance as a newcomer is high.
Isabelle: The face of AC, basically whether she unique character, or an echo AC getting another rep is likely
Ashley: She does have quite a following in Japan, and appear on many places outside of her game.
So.

What's one small detail you would like to see added into Smash Ultimate? Something that doesn't really affect gameplay, but just a neat touch that makes the package seem all the more great.

For me, I would like to see the Trophy Hoard room in Ultimate return to something more like Melee's.
View attachment 151670
Was never really a fan of the stadium looking environment from Brawl and 4. Having a room filled with Nintendo's consoles throughout the years really helps make the game feel like a celebration of the company, even if Smash has kind of evolved from that.
I want to have the Sword clanging sound effect from melee back in Ultimate, when two Swordfighter clash swords

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Want (in no particular order)
Shantae
Dillon
Dark Samus
Banjo & Kazooie
Kamek

Honorary mentions
Krystal/Bomberman getting "upgraded" (not happening IMO but a pipe dream for the future all the same)
Bandana Dee (with elements of Waddle Dee as a whole as opposed to being only spear user)
Medusa
Tingle/Linkle

"Likely/Expect" (as in I don't think anyone is a lock or anything)
Simon Belmont (leaks aside, Castlevania as a series would be an amazing addition to Smash)
King K. Rool
Ashley
Spring Man (while I think they're more suited for DLC, I would not rule them out as impossible for base roster, as we really don't know anything concrete)
Rex & Pyra (see above, and add in that I don't think we need to add someone from X just for the sake of it/Sakurai himself spoke about how much he liked 2)

Honorary mentions
Dixie Kong (Not as an echo fighter)
Geno (if this is truly the "The mad man actually did it" timeline, which I'm already inclined to believe with both Ridley and everyone returning)
10th Pokemon (DLC, and not necessarily Gen 7/any of the "frontrunners" as I would expect a complete curveball)
Shadow (in a capacity that is only going to piss people off here, as at least "similar" to Sonic despite being able to do his own stuff)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Want
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley

thank you pappy sakurai

Actual wants at this point included Metal Sonic (much better than shadow, suck it), Ray01, Mimikyu, Isabelle, Chorus kids.

Predict
Gen 7 poke. Gonna say Mimikyu because bias. I acknowledge that there are plenty of reasonable choices, and that we might not even get one at all.

Simon Belmont. Leaks + Konami being nice again.

Rayman. Seems likely to me.

Isabelle, probably as a villager echo. I'm ok with that.

A character nobody expects. One or two of you may guess this character as a joke but not really predict it. There's one in every roster. We haven't gotten Ultimate's yet. I'm sure we will.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A character nobody expects. One or two of you may guess this character as a joke but not really predict it. There's one in every roster. We haven't gotten Ultimate's yet. I'm sure we will.
Thought that was :ultdaisy: but okay. :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
oh something about echo fighters since it was discussed earlier: Yeah, they're not listed as an actual number, but Echo's are still neat and awesome. With Echo's and Alt Costumes, I support any way of getting people's favorite character in. Also, Dark Pit and Pit are literally the same spot on the tier list, but all things considered, Lucina was a pretty big mechanic change to how Marth fundamentally works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom