• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of Dark Pit, I wonder why Sakurai is so insistant on giving him the Dark Pit Staff in his Smash render, for both Smash 4 and Uktimate. It kind of sets up false expectations if you go into the game not knowing he’s a clone, seeing his awesome sniper-staff, and then not being able to use it except for a one-second Final Smash.
The game makes it really clear that he is a clone in both games.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I hope they implement a feature where you can just freeze a transitioning stage at a certain part. If Paper Mario was just the boat part, it would be my favorite stage of all time.

MainJPW

M.T.A
LEt'S TAlK ABoUT sHADOW AGAIn.
shadow frequently is confused with sonic
That hasn't hasn't happened once since Sonic Adventure 2. The reason why he's mistaken for Sonic is that in development, he actually LOOKED like Sonic but with a scar and darker blue fur:

His name was also Terios rather than Shadow, his change in design was so late that all his files in the game still call him Terios.

Not even kidding:

The plot for SA2 was made with his prototype design in mind, they didn't have time to change it to accommodate his new design so they just left it.

Shadow hasn't been brought up as looking like Sonic since 2001. That's never been a thing in any game after this.

shares his abilities
Like a lot of characters. Many of them can Spindash, wall jump, Rocket Accel and even Homing Attack.

Shadow doesn't seem to share Sonic's inherent aerokinesis. Shadow uses Black Tornado with a fast mid-air Spindash in one game but Sonic uses air moves in 5 games and doesn't need to curl into a ball to summon a tornado.

how are you gonna separate him?
By giving him his...Sonic Battle moveset? Unlike Sonic he chops instead of punching (he does that a bit in STH too), and he uses Chaos Control on all his moves.

Sonic's down air is Shadow's Shadow Eagle from this game. Knuckles' assist trophy uses Major Eruption from this game. They HAVE taken moves from this game. As for Shadow "not using these abilities after Battle", he's just distorting space and using energy, that's what Chaos Control is.

His other abilities:

- He can use Chaos Spear. It's in 8 games. He uses them in his boss battle in SA2 and in multiplayer, you're required to use them in his battle against Black Doom in STH, you use them in 06 to paralyse enemies. He uses this in his boss battle in Generations and you can use them in the spinoffs like Chronicles or SATBK.

- Chaos Blast. 5 games. 6 if you count Chaos Burst from Battle as being a prototype of this move, they're VERY similar. He can use it as an area of effect blast or channel it into his hands and fire it as a beam of energy.

- Teleport. He uses it in all his appearances (sans Heroes and sports titles) whether it's cutscenes or gameplay. You can teleport in Battle and 06 gameplay.

In 06 he hardly plays like Sonic, where he uses Homing Attack to initiate punch and kick combos. Chaos Spear, Chaos Lance, Chaos Snap, Blast. And he lacks a Spindash, instead he kicks so fast he forms a mini Tornado. Yeah, whatever this game is ****.

give him guns? balance wise that would be a nightmare. a character as fast as shadow would be CANNOT have gun projectiles.
No Shadow supporter is going to suggest that Shadow uses guns, he only used guns in one game. He uses Chaos powers consistently. Even in STH, you NEED to use Chaos Powers in the final boss anyway (and Chaos Control to have an easier time taking out some previous bosses).

basing his attacks on choas emeralds could work but then thats is nullified because shadow spends most of his time using sonic like abiliti
Yeah, in platformers. When he fights in boss battles, games like Battle and Chronicles or the dreaded 06 the Beat-em-up game, he doesn't fight like Sonic. Like, in COMBAT, he fights nothing like Sonic. But yeah, he's a clone when running through loop-de-loops.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't want Shadow in. I thought that Knuckles would've been the best idea for a second Sonic character. For me, it'd be either Tails or nothing. Would make the most sense as well.

Dark Pit covers all the aspects of edginess very well. Let's keep it at that. :ultdarkpit:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

That hasn't hasn't happened once since Sonic Adventure 2. The reason why he's mistaken for Sonic is that in development, he actually LOOKED like Sonic but with a scar and darker blue fur:

His name was also Terios rather than Shadow, his change in design was so late that all his files in the game still call him Terios.

Not even kidding:

The plot for SA2 was made with his prototype design in mind, they didn't have time to change it to accommodate his new design so they just left it.

Shadow hasn't been brought up as looking like Sonic since 2001. That's never been a thing in any game after this.
Wow, I never knew this information until recently. That's actually pretty interesting.
I'm pretty much 100% Fire Emblem won't get any newcomers, simply because there is nothing to pull from. Three House might get a fighter via DLC but unless they are more interesting than a shape shifting were-dragon, not happening.
I don't even think we're getting any FE newcomer characters, period, given Sakurai was already concerned about the number of FE characters before Corrin was added.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't want Shadow in. I thought that Knuckles would've been the best idea for a second Sonic character. For me, it'd be either Tails or nothing. Would make the most sense as well.

Dark Pit covers all the aspects of edginess very well. Let's keep it at that. :ultdarkpit:
Same. I always preferred Tails as the second Sonic character. Knuckles would be ideal as the third Sonic character.

osby

Smash Obsessed

We had Mewtwo, and Cloud after him. I don't think we need to limit ourselfs with edginess.

However, I don't think Sonic deserves another character just because it's around here for longer. I like Shadow but him being an assist is enough.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Jim Carrey as Eggman is actually the second Sonic rep.

The cost to license him was so much that all the returning veterans got cut and Ridley has been removed.

Sorry. We hope you enjoy playing Jim Carrey vs Mario.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
All FE needs is for people to not act like children because they didn't get who they wanted. It's pretty simple really but then asking for rationality from the core Smash fanbase might be a bit too much.

Not even kidding:

Like a lot of characters. Many of them can Spindash, wall jump, Rocket Accel and even Homing Attack.

Shadow doesn't seem to share Sonic's inherent aerokinesis. Shadow uses Black Tornado with a fast mid-air Spindash in one game but Sonic uses air moves in 5 games and doesn't need to curl into a ball to summon a tornado.

By giving him his...Sonic Battle moveset? Unlike Sonic he chops instead of punching (he does that a bit in STH too), and he uses Chaos Control on all his moves.

Sonic's down air is Shadow's Shadow Eagle from this game. Knuckles' assist trophy uses Major Eruption from this game. They HAVE taken moves from this game. As for Shadow "not using these abilities after Battle", he's just distorting space and using energy, that's what Chaos Control is.

His other abilities:

- He can use Chaos Spear. It's in 8 games. He uses them in his boss battle in SA2 and in multiplayer, you're required to use them in his battle against Black Doom in STH, you use them in 06 to paralyse enemies. He uses this in his boss battle in Generations and you can use them in the spinoffs like Chronicles or SATBK.

- Chaos Blast. 5 games. 6 if you count Chaos Burst from Battle as being a prototype of this move, they're VERY similar. He can use it as an area of effect blast or channel it into his hands and fire it as a beam of energy.

- Teleport. He uses it in all his appearances (sans Heroes and sports titles) whether it's cutscenes or gameplay. You can teleport in Battle and 06 gameplay.

In 06 he hardly plays like Sonic, where he uses Homing Attack to initiate punch and kick combos. Chaos Spear, Chaos Lance, Chaos Snap, Blast. And he lacks a Spindash, instead he kicks so fast he forms a mini Tornado. Yeah, whatever this game is ****.

No Shadow supporter is going to suggest that Shadow uses guns, he only used guns in one game. He uses Chaos powers consistently. Even in STH, you NEED to use Chaos Powers in the final boss anyway (and Chaos Control to have an easier time taking out some previous bosses).

Yeah, in platformers. When he fights in boss battles, games like Battle and Chronicles or the dreaded 06 the Beat-em-up game, he doesn't fight like Sonic. Like, in COMBAT, he fights nothing like Sonic. But yeah, he's a clone when running through loop-de-loops.
This post is excellent. Shadow shouldn't be an echo fighter. At worst he's a semi-clone because yeah, he's got some stuff that's like Sonic, some form of spin-dashing and the homing attack I expect tbh.
But this perfectly outlines all the different stuff Shadow's been shown using. Just make his back throw his roundhouse kick on Silver and we good.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If I have to take another Sonic character, I be honest here, I take Metal Sonic over Shadow, he is one of my favourite Sonic character, after Omega & Eggman.....wait a minute.

Tho, I don't think he would work as a echo, since Metal Sonic can't go into a ball, right?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He usually doesn't, but he can in Sonic Adventure Deluxe.
Yeah but that's no-canon, plus, Metal Sonic is like a model swap of Sonic with some unique animation in this game, right?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A few things I'll comment on for now.

1) Saying all three of the "Marth" characters play the same is not accurate, as you cannot play Roy the same way as Marth and succeed. Not only do they have several different moves, you have to change the way you play to succeed. To suggest that they're THAT similar is to only consider a surface-level analysis of the way they play on not as a whole.

It's not that I personally have a stake in people criticizing the Fire Emblem series, but the criticism I see isn't even accurate. Lucina does have the same moveset as Marth (that's the only way she made it into the game anyway), but she doesn't have the tipper mechanic considering the Falchion was reforged and doesn't work the same. Marth, Lucina, and Roy all play differently. They're not nearly as similar as people make them out to be, and we should frankly be grateful that Roy received the changes he did as a DLC character for Smash 4.

In addition, once again there are complaints about the "sword lords" and how people want a different weapon from Fire Emblem. Now, I'm not going to disagree that seeing an axe or lance user would be awesome (because frankly, it would be awesome). That, however, would require a full-fledged unique newcomer, which is also not what people want from Fire Emblem.

Despite the fact that I really do like the Fire Emblem series, I would cringe if they added another character as an echo. I like Chrom, and do think he's going to be added if there's any Fire Emblem newcomer (as an Echo of Ike with blue fire in his attacks similar to Roy), but I can only imagine the backlash in the community, even though it would make SOME people happy.

Remember, echo characters are basically extra characters that only get in due to their similarities to another character. You can't really use the similiarities of a character against them when that's the entire purpose for their inclusion.

Anyway, Chrom is A FACE of the franchise at this point in time. Other faces of the franchise include Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma, as well as a few others. That's basically the case right now. Many people LOVE Lyn, Ike, Roy, and Marth, myself included. But right now, the Awakening and Fates leads are the faces of the franchise. Chrom makes complete sense to be added as an Echo.

2) There was a brief conversation of Xenoblade, in terms of what happens if Elma isn't on the base roster. One thing to keep in mind is that the next Xenoblade is probably still quite a ways off from now. Torna: The Golden Country is still being worked on, and not that a smaller team couldn't be conceptualizing another set of characters, but that would still likely be some time from now.

If Xenoblade is getting another character, it will likely be Rex & Pyra/Mythra. I mean that as in, if it's not Elma in the base game. I still believe Rex & Pyra will be in as DLC characters because of the fact that Sakurai loves the game, they've got a ton of great potential, and...oh the OST is just so freaking good.

3) At a gameplay level, Shadow really makes next to no sense as an Echo, and I really don't see why it's being pushed so much. Not only is Sonic mainly based on the original Sonic the Hedgehog games (which Shadow has nothing to do with), but most of the moveset doesn't fit him.

For example, Shadow isn't know for spindashing. He's known for his Chaos powers and his sweet shoes. It also would be weird to see his recovery be an original Sonic the Hedgehog Spring, otherwise known as something from a game he wasn't from.

I'm in the boat that 3rd party franchises won't get echo characters. I have nothing to base that on, but I simply don't think that's something they're looking at. I think if it's a 3rd party, they'd go all out and make them unique.

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
If I have to take another Sonic character, I be honest here, I take Metal Sonic over Shadow, he is one of my favourite Sonic character, after Omega & Eggman.....wait a minute.

Tho, I don't think he would work as a echo, since Metal Sonic can't go into a ball, right?
Metal Sonic can do homing attacks and spin dash and such, it's just very rare to see him curled into a ball.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A little branching off from the previous topic, you know how Pit and Dark Pit have entirely different themes, right? Same thing with Samus and Ridley. I kinda want everyone in the game to have a unique theme, though that's kind of asking for a bit much since I'm sure composing all this stuff drains a lot out of you.

So I'll just make a list of what I think could work for each character to fit the theme. Of course, this only applies to series with multiple party members.
:ultmario: - Same as before
:ultluigi: - 0:00 - 0:06
:ultpeach: - 0:45 to 0:54 (1.5x Speed)
:ultdaisy: - 0:16 - 0:26 (2x Speed)
:ultbowser: - Same as before
:ultbowserjr: - 0:00 - 0:05 (Would love to make it Sunshine but Koopalings exist)
:ultdoc: - 0:06 - 0:12
:ultrosalina: - Same as before
:ultlink: - Same as before
:ultyounglink: - 0:00 to 0:05
:ulttoonlink: - 0:06 to 0:17 (1.5x Speed)
:ultzelda: - Gains the previous version
:ultsheik: - 0:09 to 0:13
:ultganondorf: - A sinister version of Link's theme
:ultsamus: - Same as before
:ultzss: - Save Station theme
:ultridley: - Same as before
:ultfox: - Same as before
:ultfalco: - 0:54 to 1:00
:ultwolf: - 0:10 to 0:17
:ultkirby: - Same as before
:ultkingdedede: - 0:00 to 0:03
:ultmetaknight: - Same as before
:ultpikachu: - 0:24 to 0:30
:ultpichu: - 0:00 to 0:06
:ultmewtwo: - 1:00 to 1:10 (2x Speed)
:ultpokemontrainer: - Same as before
:ultlucario: - 0:14 to 0:19 (Actually had no idea what to give him)
:ultgreninja: - 0:52 to 1:00
:ultjigglypuff: - Looping song or if you really want to suffer, nonstop this.
:ultness: - Gains the previous version
:ultlucas: - Mix of 0:00 to 0:10 and 0:50 to 1:10 (2x Speed)
The only one where I scrap the actual theme, which is from the first game, which would go to Ninten or Giygas if they ever show up. Also wanted to give Lucas something special since **** his childhood is like ruined forever give the kid some ice cream.
:ultmarth: - Same as before
:ultroy: - 0:00 to 0:06
:ultike: - 0:06 to 0:13
:ultlucina: - 0:08 to 0:15
:ultrobin - 0:08 to 0:24 (2x Speed)
:ultcorrin: - 0:10 to 0:22 (2x Speed)
:ultpit: - Same as before
:ultdarkpit: - Same as before
:ultpalutena: - 0:02 to 0:08
Some of these are pretty generic choices but I'd like to hear what you'd rather choose for some fighters. :roll:give attention
Good, though I’m still on the side of only a select few amount of characters getting unique victory themes
On the topic of Dark Pit, I wonder why Sakurai is so insistant on giving him the Dark Pit Staff in his Smash render, for both Smash 4 and Uktimate. It kind of sets up false expectations if you go into the game not knowing he’s a clone, seeing his awesome sniper-staff, and then not being able to use it except for a one-second Final Smash.
The better question is why did Sakurai create a weapon named after Dark Pit if he’s just gonna use a Silver Bow

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Sonic can do homing attacks and spin dash and such, it's just very rare to see him curled into a ball.
Yeah. But I just remembered he can Spin Dash and Homing Attack in the Rivals games too, which are canon.
Hmm...

In that case, yeah, I still prefer if Metal Sonic doesn't make it as a echo fighter. Despite being a robot that copy, well, Sonic, Metal Sonic have alot going for him too, so the only way I would see him work is as a semi-clone of Sonic, just like Shadow you could say.

Still, even if he can't get in, the dream for Big the Cat to be playable is still as big as Rid-I mean, Walui-Huhhhhhh, I meant, as big as Kraid, yeah, right, as big as Kraid.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The better question is why did Sakurai create a weapon named after Dark Pit if he’s just gonna use a Silver Bow
Because Dark Pit was lucky to be in as a clone in Smash 4 and they decided to not declone him or Lucina for Smash Ultimate for some reason (probably time stuff).
It'll be his final smash again as far as we know but yeah if he gets decloned a bit in future then a bit more staff usage and some Pandora Claws would be nice.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Because Dark Pit was lucky to be in as a clone in Smash 4 and they decided to not declone him or Lucina for Smash Ultimate for some reason (probably time stuff).
It'll be his final smash again as far as we know but yeah if he gets decloned a bit in future then a bit more staff usage and some Pandora Claws would be nice.

I was talking about in Uprising (since in the game he only uses his staff on very rare/random occasions)...as for anything Pandora related...don’t think he would wanna remember her beauty

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We had Mewtwo, and Cloud after him. I don't think we need to limit ourselfs with edginess.

However, I don't think Sonic deserves another character just because it's around here for longer. I like Shadow but him being an assist is enough.
Mewtwo isn't too edgy. Cloud I dunno about... he screams emo though. Well, all the more reasons not to have Shadow in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's up with everyone saying Yoshi Commited Tax Fraud? Is it a joke I'm missing?
It's a spin-off meme. The original meme was that "there's no such thing as a bad Kirby game" so people started to make photoshops of Kirby games where he does really mundane things like pay his taxes. Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud basically spun off from that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's a spin-off meme. The original meme was that "there's no such thing as a bad Kirby game" so people started to make photoshops of Kirby games where he does really mundane things like pay his taxes. Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud basically spun off from that.
Ah i got it.
Nice icon, by the way, I'm a huge Popeye fan xD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, just a random question for all.. since we all love these.

Name 5 characters you want, and name 5 characters you think are likely. And name a reason why you think those characters are likely.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I am thinking that it's more likely Sonic will be alone once again, which would be fine by me. Good to just still have him in Smash for over 10 years and counting.

Though if there is to be a 2nd rep. I personally do think it's between an Echo Fighter Shadow and a luigi-fied/semi-clone Tails as DLC. No disrespect meant to Eggman of course, but it's been hard enough to get more 1st party villains in Smash. Let alone a 3rd party one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With Krystal's blurb today, all the new assist trophies that were in the demo have been covered. As for Pokeball Pokemon, we still have: Scizor (returning), Abra, Alolan Raichu, and Bewear. For new items the only one left is the Healing Field. It shouldn't be too much longer until we start seeing new stuff which makes sense because we're almost already at the one month mark.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It’s interesting to see these echo debates. There really are points for both sides here.

One one hand, the legitimization of clones has caused a massive explosion in popularity for Shadow, Impa, Dark Samus, Chrom, etc - characters who could easily be considered as clones.

On the other hand, these characters have some popularity in their own right, so they could easily be different from their parent. But they may not be popular enough to be focused on as an individual.

Seeing arguments about “X character wouldn’t work as an echo because of move Y” really isn’t a valid argument: it’s more a question of whether the character should be a clone or not in Smash. Look at Daisy - she doesn’t float or pull turnips or use Toads. Pittoo favors his staff for more than a single move, and Lucina’s fighting style in game is not Marth’s. But if it weren’t for the fact that they were easy clones, they wouldn’t be in.

On top of that, a character in another slot does still make you play as them to unlock everything, and will increase the number of All-Star fights. So, are the characters we propose also relevant enough to merit a new slot, but not to merit a fully original moveset? This brings the example of what makes an Alph vs a Daisy vs a Falco.

I think a lot of arguments right now focus on “Characters shouldn’t share slots because they have fewer palette swaps so we need more echoes” and “This character who could be an easy echo deserves a full moveset” when they’re not as iconic as others. I tend to think pessimistically and see more of “are they important enough to Sakurai to get it?”

For example, I don’t know if the Shadow question is “Will he have Chaos Control?” It may be more “Will he be black Sonic, or have Chaos Control as an assist? If he’s in.”

If we’ve got a bunch of characters who are really popular now because of the echo potential, that doesn’t really offer them unique movesets. Look how long it took Ganondorf to use his sword, after all.

Just thinking off the top of my head...

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
Is it okay to brainstorm here? If not, I'll move it to the appropriate thread.

I've been playing around with some shielding concepts in my mind. What if there are more new mechanics to be revealed before launch? What if some were even locked for the demo up to this point?

Let's say JC (Mario) held shield for 1 second when he jumped to the platform on the right. For all of that 1 second, nothing was blocked.
Imagine that for every moment a player has a shield up that is NOT blocking something, it increases the opponent's shield damaging attack power!

Let's say that blue bar between Marth and 0.0% represents that increase up to some max value (indicated by a full bar as seen in the gif). So while Mario's shield is up, Marth's meter has increased to its max. And let's also say the only way to reduce Marth's meter is by Mario landing attacks on Marth off a parry (perfect shield), or by spot/air dodging Marth's attacks.

ALSO (and this too could be huge), if shield is held continuously to 2 seconds (regardless of the "health status" of the shield) without blocking anything, then the player will experience a brief state of daze (tripping animation). So just imagine that had JC kept shield up 1 more second without being attacked, Mario would have tripped.

The last thing is this. If a shield is broken by an attack, daze time is impacted by the distance from where the attack was launched to the shield it broke.
For example. If a shield is broken by a projectile from across the screen, the daze time will be significantly longer than had that projectile broken shield at point blank range. Shield Breaks would always be longer than tripping effect, but those that happen up close wouldn't last much longer.

Darkraid

Smash Champion

Name 5 characters you want, and name 5 characters you think are likely. And name a reason why you think those characters are likely.
Dixie Kong - Diddy echo
King K Rool
Geno
Chrom - Ike echo
Dark Samus - Samus echo

Personally I think Impa, cap Toad, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, Shadow are likely as well.

Want: Phoenix Wright, Zero, Waluigi, Shovel Knight, Crash

Last edited by a moderator:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
want

1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Ashley
3. Geno
4. Rhythm Heaven character
5. Rayman

If only these 5 were in it would be the best newcomer roster for me no matter what

I have a personal tier list (because thats how everything in life is measured) of likelyhood. Huge obvious warning this is 100% guesswork for fun

Belmont tier: Simon Belmont

Will be in the game (As DLC) tier: Spring Man, Rex

Top tier: Sumo mon, Ashley, Bandana Dee, RH character, Elma, Krool

Mid tier: Geno, Jibanyan, Zelda character, Dixie Kong, Issac

Low tier: Paper Mario, Rayman, Banjo, Captain Toad, Slime, Nester, Heihachi

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I’m a bit biased, but I do think Impa works well as a clone of Sheik, keeping with Zelda canon.

Impa was the one in OoT to train Sheik, so it makes sense that they fight alike.

I’d prefer if they made echoes that make some story sense. This is why I think Dark Pit and Lucina (and Daisy) work, even if they could be varied a bit more.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Want:
1. Dark Matter / Bandana Dee
3. Jirachi
4. Togetic + Togepi
5. Dr. Eggman

Likely:
1. Isabelle (Nintendo's pet essentially.)
2. King K. Rool (I used to think he was "unrealizable" because it made literally no sense that he lost the ballot and it meant Sakurai would literally never add him, but as it turned out everyone was unrealizable and this is seemingly the fanservice game, so....)
3. Rex + Pyra (Sakurai likes Xenoblade 2, perhaps not in the base game but they feel very likely for the inevitable DLC at least)
4. Steve (Minecraft is a money making juggernaut, there was that cross-play event and Sakurai likes the game, most likely third party overall imo)
5. Bandana Dee (More of a coin flip than anything else, if Sakurai still making absurdly biased decisions when it comes to Kirby he might not get in, but HAL could try getting in there anyway, and if he isn't acting on his biases then he's very likely)

Also, I know Simon should be here technically, but I'm not counting any leaks into my opinion, if I guess right only because Das Vergeben told me something I shouldn't have known it doesn't feel as rewarding lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Want- Rex & Pyra, Elma, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, and Lyn Lycanroc.

Likely-
  1. Simon Belmont; Vergeben leak.
  2. K. Rool; possibly the most requested character left + the Mii costume.
  3. Bandana Dee; that weird amiibo data thing that Daisy also had.
  4. Ashley; her AT is missing and I just think she's a solid candidate in general.
  5. Shadow; his AT has seemingly been replaced by Knuckles + he's a crowd pleasing echo like Daisy.

I just want Shadow playable so I'll take an echo if that's the only way he's getting in. Although I agree that he should have some unique moves. Maybe he could be a semi-clone like Wolf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom