• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A quick question: how much of SSBU's Splatoon content is something that is exclusive to Splatoon 2, besides Lil Judd?
So far I've only seen Lil Judd.

It's likely that music and trophies from 2 will be included.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
A quick question: how much of SSBU's Splatoon content is something that is exclusive to Splatoon 2, besides Lil Judd?
Mostly trophies since they can really just reuse the original models, they can't leave just leave out marina, pearl, agent 8 etc. There'll probably be a few music tracks but no actual new remix's

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Real talk, FE characters are just too much by this point. Smash has given it a bad rep, making it seem it is only about "blue haired swordfighters."
You're right, we need a blue-haired FE character that doesn't use swords. After all, the only way to mend FE's reputation is to add more blue-haired fighters.:p

If we get Elma, and the DLC development doesn't kick off in earnest til very late in the year/2019, and Monolith has a new Xenoblade in the pipeline, I kinda wonder if we'll get Rex & Pyra at all.
Good point you've brought up.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
A little branching off from the previous topic, you know how Pit and Dark Pit have entirely different themes, right? Same thing with Samus and Ridley. I kinda want everyone in the game to have a unique theme, though that's kind of asking for a bit much since I'm sure composing all this stuff drains a lot out of you.

So I'll just make a list of what I think could work for each character to fit the theme. Of course, this only applies to series with multiple party members.
:ultmario: - Same as before
:ultluigi: - 0:00 - 0:06
:ultpeach: - 0:45 to 0:54 (1.5x Speed)
:ultdaisy: - 0:16 - 0:26 (2x Speed)
:ultbowser: - Same as before
:ultbowserjr: - 0:00 - 0:05 (Would love to make it Sunshine but Koopalings exist)
:ultdoc: - 0:06 - 0:12
:ultrosalina: - Same as before
:ultlink: - Same as before
:ultyounglink: - 0:00 to 0:05
:ulttoonlink: - 0:06 to 0:17 (1.5x Speed)
:ultzelda: - Gains the previous version
:ultsheik: - 0:09 to 0:13
:ultganondorf: - A sinister version of Link's theme
:ultsamus: - Same as before
:ultzss: - Save Station theme
:ultridley: - Same as before
:ultfox: - Same as before
:ultfalco: - 0:54 to 1:00
:ultwolf: - 0:10 to 0:17
:ultkirby: - Same as before
:ultkingdedede: - 0:00 to 0:03
:ultmetaknight: - Same as before
:ultpikachu: - 0:24 to 0:30
:ultpichu: - 0:00 to 0:06
:ultmewtwo: - 1:00 to 1:10 (2x Speed)
:ultpokemontrainer: - Same as before
:ultlucario: - 0:14 to 0:19 (Actually had no idea what to give him)
:ultgreninja: - 0:52 to 1:00
:ultjigglypuff: - Looping song or if you really want to suffer, nonstop this.
:ultness: - Gains the previous version
:ultlucas: - Mix of 0:00 to 0:10 and 0:50 to 1:10 (2x Speed)
The only one where I scrap the actual theme, which is from the first game, which would go to Ninten or Giygas if they ever show up. Also wanted to give Lucas something special since **** his childhood is like ruined forever give the kid some ice cream.
:ultmarth: - Same as before
:ultroy: - 0:00 to 0:06
:ultike: - 0:06 to 0:13
:ultlucina: - 0:08 to 0:15
:ultrobin - 0:08 to 0:24 (2x Speed)
:ultcorrin: - 0:10 to 0:22 (2x Speed)
:ultpit: - Same as before
:ultdarkpit: - Same as before
:ultpalutena: - 0:02 to 0:08
Some of these are pretty generic choices but I'd like to hear what you'd rather choose for some fighters. :roll:give attention
It's weird that Ridley doesn't have his actual theme and instead has a remix of Samus', I wonder if they did that because dark samus is gonna be a thing so having a universal metroid villain theme would make sense.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You're right, we need a blue-haired FE character that doesn't use swords. After all, the only way to mend FE's reputation is to add more blue-haired fighters.:p

Good point you've brought up.
We have like ten blond characters, why people are so hung up to blue hair, btw? It's just stylised black hair?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We have like twenty blond characters, why people are so hung up to blue hair, btw? It's just stylised black hair?
Yup, which is why we need more blue haired characters to balance out all the blonds.:p

Spring Man confirmed

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
About those themes for each character, for Boshi (yes yes I know) I would like an intense death metal rendition of the Yoshi's Story theme :grin:

Edit: Goddammit I can't spell for ****!!!

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
"Is it worth it?" is something that should also be considered about the creation of Echo Fighters.

Like, yes, you get Impa or Shadow or whoever, but once they're an Echo Fighter, like Ganondorf you've effectively doomed them to forever be a clone of the character they're copying, no matter how unique they could be in theory (and how many small alterations they get in future games).

People are still frustrated by the fact that Ganondorf and Dark Pit aren't (more) unique. Just because those characters have that "taint" doesn't mean it's justified to force that on other characters. That's getting into "an eye for an eye" territory.

Can Impa and Shadow be Echoes? Yes. Can they also be unique? Also yes. Should they be made Echoes just to make them Echoes to fill some arbitrary quota? Hell. No.

Lucina and Daisy have good reasons to be made (and kept as) Echoes, Lucina is defined by the fact she pretended to be Marth (and don't pretend that's not true), Daisy is (well, was) almost interchangeable with Peach (to the point that the Mario Bros. movie got them mixed up).

Dark Pit is more grey; he could, theoretically, use different weapons, but Dark Pit is also literally a clone of Pit, sharing the same memories, core personality, fighting style, and potential weapon arsenal.

The only remaining Echo Fighter I can fully get behind is Ken Masters, and that's only because he's a clone fighter of Ryu in Street Fighter.

Sorry for going on a rant there, but everyone going gaga for Echo Characters grinds my gears just a bit, and I needed to get this off my chest.
It’s reasons like this why I think Shadow should not be an Echo Fighter. I would rather that be given to the likes of Metal Sonic, as he was literally created to mimic and rival Sonic’s speed and abilities. While Shadow could be an Echo, it just wouldn’t be right nor does it seem worth it in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

A little branching off from the previous topic, you know how Pit and Dark Pit have entirely different themes, right? Same thing with Samus and Ridley. I kinda want everyone in the game to have a unique theme, though that's kind of asking for a bit much since I'm sure composing all this stuff drains a lot out of you.

So I'll just make a list of what I think could work for each character to fit the theme. Of course, this only applies to series with multiple party members.
:ultmario: - Same as before
:ultluigi: - 0:00 - 0:06
:ultpeach: - 0:45 to 0:54 (1.5x Speed)
:ultdaisy: - 0:16 - 0:26 (2x Speed)
:ultbowser: - Same as before
:ultbowserjr: - 0:00 - 0:05 (Would love to make it Sunshine but Koopalings exist)
:ultdoc: - 0:06 - 0:12
:ultrosalina: - Same as before
:ultlink: - Same as before
:ultyounglink: - 0:00 to 0:05
:ulttoonlink: - 0:06 to 0:17 (1.5x Speed)
:ultzelda: - Gains the previous version
:ultsheik: - 0:09 to 0:13
:ultganondorf: - A sinister version of Link's theme
:ultsamus: - Same as before
:ultzss: - Save Station theme
:ultridley: - Same as before
:ultfox: - Same as before
:ultfalco: - 0:54 to 1:00
:ultwolf: - 0:10 to 0:17
:ultkirby: - Same as before
:ultkingdedede: - 0:00 to 0:03
:ultmetaknight: - Same as before
:ultpikachu: - 0:24 to 0:30
:ultpichu: - 0:00 to 0:06
:ultmewtwo: - 1:00 to 1:10 (2x Speed)
:ultpokemontrainer: - Same as before
:ultlucario: - 0:14 to 0:19 (Actually had no idea what to give him)
:ultgreninja: - 0:52 to 1:00
:ultjigglypuff: - Looping song or if you really want to suffer, nonstop this.
:ultness: - Gains the previous version
:ultlucas: - Mix of 0:00 to 0:10 and 0:50 to 1:10 (2x Speed)
The only one where I scrap the actual theme, which is from the first game, which would go to Ninten or Giygas if they ever show up. Also wanted to give Lucas something special since **** his childhood is like ruined forever give the kid some ice cream.
:ultmarth: - Same as before
:ultroy: - 0:00 to 0:06
:ultike: - 0:06 to 0:13
:ultlucina: - 0:08 to 0:15
:ultrobin - 0:08 to 0:24 (2x Speed)
:ultcorrin: - 0:10 to 0:22 (2x Speed)
:ultpit: - Same as before
:ultdarkpit: - Same as before
:ultpalutena: - 0:02 to 0:08
Some of these are pretty generic choices but I'd like to hear what you'd rather choose for some fighters. :roll:give attention
I'd change Bowser's, Ganondorf's, Ridley's and Meta Knight's just because they feel lazy to me.
:ultridley: - 0:19 to 0:30 (2x speed)
:ultmetaknight: - 0:05 to 0:10 (1.5x speed) and 0:24 to 0:30 (1.5x speed)
I'm not sure what Bowser's would be since there are endless possibilities and I have no idea what to do with Ganondorf at all since I've only played one Zelda game.
:ultlucario: - Looping song
:ultgreninja: - This
Other than that I agree with most of your choices.
Edit: Also forgot this
:ultkingdedede: - This

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In regards to the Echo topic, I thought about a few things recently, that could happen (not will, since it's a theory).

Now, let's suppose that Dixie does get in, and then, surprise! Tiny Kong makes it in as an Echo, due to the perceived notion that they are similar in abilities (plus they're sisters). Only problem is that Tiny grew up (in spurts), so there would be too big of a difference in model heights to have her be a straight-up Echo.

Another silly theory is if Lanky Kong ever gets in, and ARMS gets some reps by that point. Logically, the only Echo he would get is Lola (if they decided to add her, for some weird reason), and even then she'd be semi-Echo at best since she doesn't have a weapon (correct me if I'm wrong).

So really, whether there will be much more Echoes in the future is up in the air, as it stands.

Huh, that explains why Krystal is an assist, we already have too many anime fighters.
Yet Krystal is a British creation, not from Nintendo.

If anything, she kinda comes off more as "original Star Fox character, do not steal" sometimes.

D

Deleted member

blue hair = anime
that's the law
So are you saying all people who have blue hair in real life including this guy are an anime?
/s
Ridley's victory theme being a remix of Samus's victory theme is not the end of the world for me. It could of been much worse and been an actuall slapped on version of Samus's victory theme.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
It’s reasons like this why I think Shadow should not be an Echo Fighter. I would rather that be given to the likes of Metal Sonic, as he was literally created to mimic and rival Sonic’s speed and abilities. While Shadow could be an Echo, it just wouldn’t be right nor does it seem worth it in my opinion.
If its a question of echo shadow or no shadow, I'd rather have shadow.

"Oh but shadow can do this and that, he cant be an echo". Yeah, same for any character that could be an echo. Idk I'd rather take an echo over nothing, because at least then they're in the game and could potentially be expanded on in the future.

blackghost

Smash Champion
how is it not worth it? you contradicted yourself. shadow frequently is confused with sonic, shares his abilities, looks like him, and is his rival. how are you gonna separate him? give him guns? balance wise that would be a nightmare. a character as fast as shadow would be CANNOT have gun projectiles.
basing his attacks on choas emeralds could work but then thats is nullified because shadow spends most of his time using sonic like abilities.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Real talk, FE characters are just too much by this point. Smash has given it a bad rep, making it seem it is only about "blue haired swordfighters."
I'd argue adding Corrin did more damage to the Fire Emblem than good.

In Sonic Forces Shadow plays exactly the same as Sonic except for a stronger homing attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The thing about the Captains is they aren't the real focus of it. It's "Pikmin & Captain" in the Japanese version. The English version is misleading. So it makes sense why Alph is solely an alt in this case. It'd be nice to get more Captain alts at least.
It should also be noted that in Palutena's Guidance, Pit does not mention Olimar's name, since the conversation for Olimar is also used for Alph.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
In Sonic Forces Shadow plays exactly the same as Sonic except for a stronger homing attack.
Shadow tends to be nearly identical to Sonic gameplay-wise, iirc.

It’s mostly in lore and cutscenes that his true abilities stand out.

It should also be noted that in Palutena's Guidance, Pit does not mention Olimar's name, since the conversation for Olimar is also used for Alph.
And yet Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings have separate conversations.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I'd change Bowser's, Ganondorf's, Ridley's and Meta Knight's just because they feel lazy to me.
:ultridley: - 0:19 to 0:30 (2x speed)
:ultmetaknight: - 0:05 to 0:10 (1.5x speed) and 0:24 to 0:30 (1.5x speed)
I'm not sure what Bowser's would be since there are endless possibilities and I have no idea what to do with Ganondorf at all since I've only played one Zelda game.
:ultlucario: - Looping song
:ultgreninja: - This
Other than that I agree with most of your choices.
Edit: Also forgot this
:ultkingdedede: - This
Kinda wish they updated Pokemon's victory theme to last all the victory screen like Cloud's.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
how is it not worth it? you contradicted yourself. shadow frequently is confused with sonic, shares his abilities, looks like him, and is his rival. how are you gonna separate him? give him guns? balance wise that would be a nightmare. a character as fast as shadow would be CANNOT have gun projectiles.
basing his attacks on choas emeralds could work but then thats is nullified because shadow spends most of his time using sonic like abilities.
Metal Sonic is confused for Sonic as well, but makes more sense for confusion in Metal Sonic’s case. Shadow shares homing attack, boost, light speed dash, and spin dash and summersault. Who said anything about guns? I’ll add to that that list: Chaos control, Chaos blast, Chaos spear, Chaos Boost, and generally more energy based projections as seen in Sonic Battle. And speaking of, Shadow wasn’t a clone of Sonic in Sonic Battle, a Brawler type game, Metal Sonic shares those other traits you described as well. Metal Sonic is a better fit as a clone because that’s literally what he was built for. Shadow’s whole back story isn’t even related to Sonic while Metal’s is. Shadow can do all the things Sonic can, sure, but he can also do more. Why relegate him to being just a echo just because “he can”? Should Dixie be an echo just because?

And in Sonic Battle, a Brawler based game he doesn’t play the same as Sonic, Sonic Forces is a 3D platformer based on Sonic’s boost games, which doesn’t have much wiggle room for other characters to be playable to begin with due to how the game is designed. Sure making him playable is nice but it doesn’t do much service to him when he could have a unique play style as he has other abilities that he uses. Modders have also discovered that the homing attack seen in Forces Shadow stages are also able to be done by Sonic when playable in those stages. It seems to be activated when there’s a chain of enemies.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'd argue adding Corrin did more damage to the Fire Emblem than good.
The biggest reason why FE gets so much flack besides the quantity of characters it has is that two of them are Marth derivatives. Corrin is far more unique than what detractors give credit for, but because he's visually similar to FE characters already on the roster (In addition to the fact that: a 6th FE character wasn't highly demanded within the Smash community; Corrin's inclusion had nothing to do with fan demand; his game wasn't released yet at the time of his reveal and he was being revealed as one of the last characters) the perception that FE characters are too samey wasn't going to improve. I mean, given that people genuinely think Marth and Ike are essentially samey, you really think Corrin was going to get a free pass?

But really, FE itself has done more disservice to itself by making most of its main characters sword-users. In a franchise where weapon diversity is important. All Smash really does is highlight how sword-centric Fire Emblem always was.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The biggest reason why FE gets so much flack besides the quantity of characters it has is that two of them are Marth derivatives. Corrin is far more unique than what detractors give credit for, but because he's visually similar to FE characters already on the roster (In addition to the fact that: a 6th FE character wasn't highly demanded within the Smash community; Corrin's inclusion had nothing to do with fan demand; his game wasn't released yet at the time of his reveal and he was being revealed as one of the last characters) the perception that FE characters are too samey wasn't going to improve. I mean, given that people genuinely think Marth and Ike are essentially samey, you really think Corrin was going to get a free pass?

But really, FE itself has done more disservice to itself by making most of its main characters sword-users. In a franchise where weapon diversity is important. All Smash really does is highlight how sword-centric Fire Emblem always was.
Another interesting point is that the non-Sword Lords typically fare very well. Ephraim, despite the massive problems with his character, is incredibly popular. Lord Hector is a much beloved character as well. Micaiah is another favorite that people have long cheered for and even has those wanting her in Smash. In Heroes, Sharena has crushed Alfonse. In Warriors nobody likes the highlighter twins.

Really, Intelligent Systems. Swords are cool. We all know this. But there can be too much of a good thing. You’ve saturated the series with sword users. And even making it a flaming chainsaw sword does not necessarily fix that.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At this point, Sakurai should probably leave FE untouched for a while. I know Smashboards is more accepting of FE characters, but whenever I see people outside this site speculating on who we could get in Smash, there's usually a total lack of enthusiasm for FE. It's weird, because a lot of people truly expect a new FE character, but there's rarely any effort put into what they'd want from said FE character aside from, "I hope it's someone different from a sword user."

If it ever gets to the point where a lot of people are predicting a character they don't like or don't care about, then I think that should be a sign for Sakurai to take a step back and put a focus on popularity over relevancy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
At this point, Sakurai should probably leave FE untouched for a while. I know Smashboards is more accepting of FE characters, but whenever I see people outside this site speculating on who we could get in Smash, there's usually a total lack of enthusiasm for FE. It's weird, because a lot of people truly expect a new FE character, but there's rarely any effort put into what they'd want from said FE character aside from, "I hope it's someone different from a sword user."

If it ever gets to the point where a lot of people are predicting a character they don't like or don't care about, then I think that should be a sign for Sakurai to take a step back and put a focus on popularity over relevancy.
I'm pretty much 100% Fire Emblem won't get any newcomers, simply because there is nothing to pull from. Three House might get a fighter via DLC but unless they are more interesting than a shape shifting were-dragon, not happening.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Maybe Rex and Pyra could inherit the tag team mechanic Diddy and Dixie would have had in Brawl had Sakurai kept that idea. Both are on the field, but only one is interactable at a time (sort of like the Ice Climbers, but with elements of Pokémon Trainer).

Dunno how... good that is for XB2 Canon Purposes, though.
YES! good point, I'm actually REALLY hoping that's the case of how their mechanic would works in Smash, and it is Canon in XC2, considering that in the game Drivers give do give their weapon to Blades so they can fight and pull off powerful attacks. In fact, some blades fight in their drivers place most of the time.

Just because Rex fights most of the time as the driver, doesn't mean Pyra CAN'T fight either if anything she more experience than him considering all those many, many years of fighting before him
Check it at 5:36. A 500 year nap and she's still giving Malos trouble, at times it looked like she wasn't even trying.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much 100% Fire Emblem won't get any newcomers, simply because there is nothing to pull from. Three House might get a fighter via DLC but unless they are more interesting than a shape shifting were-dragon, not happening.
Chrom. The fact that you did not see Robin in E3 and his final smash

Zeox

Smash Champion
I think i overestimate the chances that bandana dee have in smash, or to put it in better words, I don't think i should take it as he is already in smash.
Waluigi, Lyn and Bomberman were very popular characters yet they ended up being assist trophies, probably because Sakurai didn't saw much potential, also he added this new system of killing off assist trophies like you would do with characters.
Bandana Dee could easily be an assist trophy, throwing spears everywhere, just like bomberman just spams bombs.
I dunno, maybe Dee doesn't have such a big chance as I been thinking.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

I think it's because FE is no where near as big and well known as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon so the large amount of characters are a bit polarizing to casuals. Do you see Chrom being an echo?

Chrom. The fact that you did not see Robin in E3 and his final smash
A lot of fighters other than Robin didn't have their final smash shown. It doesn't mean anything. And does FE really need another sword wielder?

Last edited by a moderator:

blackghost

Smash Champion
I think it's because FE is no where near as big and well known as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon so the large amount of characters are a bit polarizing to casuals. Do you see Chrom being an echo?
i dont think the flack is coming from casuals. i play a lot of ffa smash with my firends and the sword users are by far the easiest characters fo rthem to grasp as opposed to say game and watch (their reactions to him range from funny to annoyed). in my experience the causual players dont care that the are from the same series, they DO care that 3 fire emblem characters have similar if not the same moves.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope if we get no newcomers from it, people will warm up to FE crew. 6 characters is already a lot less shocking with almost seventy fighters.

Read: I could have lived with less but now we have them and I really can use no more "too many Fire Emblem characters!" discussion in my life. I really like a few, especially Robin and I'm tired all these complaints they get because of their number and Intelligent System's sword obsession.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*
Colonel: If you're a boxing fan, then who you're currently fighting against should seem familiar to you, Snake. Does the name Little Mac ring a bell?

Snake: I think I've heard about this guy before, wasn't he that underdog who won the WVBA championship years ago?

Colonel: Correct, he's the current WVBA champion, ever since he did what many considered "impossible" and defeated the former champion, Mr. Sandman.

Snake: I'm definitely not surprised that his victory was considered "impossible," he's smaller than I thought.

Colonel: He might be small, but he can hit surprisingly harder than you think. His deadliest move is the K.O. Uppercut, which can send you sky high if it connects. However, he's most vulnerable in the air, you'll have the upper hand if you can get him off the ground.

Snake: This is gonna be one entertaining fight...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do you see Chrom being an echo?
Could I see Chrom as an Echo? Yeah, I guess it could work. Do I think it's a good idea? No, not really.

Aside from FE being a touchy subject to begin with, I see no reason for Sakurai to waste time adding a second Echo Fighter for FE, especially when the character in question would be the third Awakening rep (three one-shots from the same game). There are plenty of other choices for Echo Fighters, and to be frank, FE doesn't deserve another one when literally half of the six FE characters already share a similar moveset.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
On the topic of Dark Pit, I wonder why Sakurai is so insistant on giving him the Dark Pit Staff in his Smash render, for both Smash 4 and Uktimate. It kind of sets up false expectations if you go into the game not knowing he’s a clone, seeing his awesome sniper-staff, and then not being able to use it except for a one-second Final Smash.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think i overestimate the chances that bandana dee have in smash, or to put it in better words, I don't think i should take it as he is already in smash.
Waluigi, Lyn and Bomberman were very popular characters yet they ended up being assist trophies, probably because Sakurai didn't saw much potential, also he added this new system of killing off assist trophies like you would do with characters.
Bandana Dee could easily be an assist trophy, throwing spears everywhere, just like bomberman just spams bombs.
I dunno, maybe Dee doesn't have such a big chance as I been thinking.
This is why I don't see Ashley being in.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

It's possible that a character exclusive to FE Heroes could be a newcomer it is after all Nintendo's most (or at least one of the most) successful mobile game at this time, that's NOT something IS or Nintendo is gonna be humble about, and sweep it under the rug as an afterthought. It would make sense for them to pull a specific character only found in that game, and put it into Smash to get even more people interested in their killer app until FE Three Houses comes out. That's why I'm supporting Fjorm, because she's recent, relevant, exclusive to FE Heroes, an interesting enough character for Smash, she wields a lance so she'd play differently than other FE characters, and uses ice based powers.

As much as I love the Ice Climbers, only their Side B works as a freezing moves (and that's fine). But could we have a chance of getting a new ice based character that could have a higher focus on freezing mechanics or another FE character with a unique mechanic all their own only time will tell. My prediction is this, we'll either get two FE characters one in the base game (from most likely Heroes), the other as DLC (from Three Houses), or both as DLC, only one character from either Heroes or Three Houses, with them being in the base game or DLC, or like you say no FE reps at all.

Sakurai has been known to change his mind time and time again. So that's why until I see all the characters for Ultimate, DLC included, nothing is set in stone when it comes to characters, not even how many reps matters on a franchise's chances to get another character or not, it's all up to Sakurai and this doesn't just goes for FE either. You could be right, no doubt about that, and I won't act like more FE newcomers is all but confirmed, however at the same I also try to be ready for all possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom