• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Not a surprise considering the FE reps we’ve had beforehand were the main character (Lyn also...even though she ain’t playable...still)
:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultroy:are the main character of their respective game while:ultrobin:ultlucina:were still main characters, but not the main character like Chrom is
Well, thing is, Chrom and Robin basically have equal billing by the time all is said and done. They're both the "main character", a point that was brought up many times by people who had played Awakening (which was why there was a nearly even split between Chrom and Robin support within the FE fandom itself). But it seemed like nearly anyone who hadn't actually played the game they were from just assumed Chrom was the only one who was an option and never thought to look any deeper or second guess their snap judgements.

Worth remembering, because this time around it's happening again with a different series...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, thing is, Chrom and Robin basically have equal billing by the time all is said and done. They're both the "main character", a point that was brought up many times by people who had played Awakening (which was why there was a nearly even split between Chrom and Robin support within the FE fandom itself). But it seemed like nearly anyone who hadn't actually played the game they were from just assumed Chrom was the only one who was an option and never thought to look any deeper or second guess their snap judgements.

Worth remembering, because this time around it's happening again with a different series...
Clarify because I looked at every other series and I got no idea what you're talking about :4myfriends:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Now I'm legitimately curious how anyone outside of this thread would react to a leak that mentions Boshi. It's either "No one was talking about that character before, so I trust this" or "Aww, these trolls!!! Boshi, really?!!"

if Geno gets in i'm all for a Boshi assist trophy or yoshi alt/echo

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Saw a thread on /v/, not about a leak but asking if the demo at CEO got datamined. Probably wasn't and anyone who tried would've gotten the executive kicked ass from hologram Reggie, but would it be possible? I don't know if the demos that were sent were physical or digital copies.

Makes you think. ;)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Seems pretty obvious he's talking about the way people consider Cross a complete non-starter.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I made a fake leak. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.
I’ve taken an interest into Smash leak hunting and made compiling recent “leaks” into a hobby of sorts. After venting about all the fake leaks presented here, I was approached by an “industry insider” who told me they knew most the roster. Of course, fake “industry insiders” and “sources” are commonplace here, but I decided to listen anyways.

Alongside their roster claims they mentioned some other things that have been proven correct, but that doesn’t really mean much. You’ll just have to take my word for it. I don’t know who their source is or how they got this information, but they have it. Of course, there’s the possibility that this is all fake and my “industry insider” is catfishing me or something, but I figure it’s better to share this information.

My source told me that there’s an industry for this s*** (corporate espionage and leaks), and that the full roster is out there somewhere. My source doesn’t have that though, so you’ll have to do with info from a not-completed version of the game. This info supposedly comes from a game tester or something if it’s true. There may be more characters, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. You can believe this information or laugh at it, do what you want. Anyways, here’s what I was told.

-The E3 build of the game was 1 build behind the current one (but it had a lot of characters removed), but is now 2 builds behind. Before E3 there were about 3 different builds of the game. The first build had most of the characters, but there have been characters added as the builds progressed. There should be 1 or 2 more builds before final polishing occurs.

-Sakurai’s statement of “don’t expect too many newcomers” is true to a fault. There are less unique newcomers than Brawl and Smash 4, but the roster is padded out by Echo Fighters. Most of them weren’t added until after the unique fighters, so they are definitely an afterthought for this roster.

-The unique fighters are Simon, Steve, K. Rool, Ashley, Geno, the Chorus Men, the SOPHIA Tank from Blaster Master, and Lip from Panel de Pon

-The echo fighters are Isabelle (Villiager), Dark Samus (Samus), Octolings (Inklings), Chrom (Ike), Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong), Ninten (Ness), and Shadow (Sonic)

-Fountain of Dreams, Poké Floats, and Delfino Plaza all return, and new stages include Dracula’s Castle, The End, Gangplank Galleon, Star Road, Sophia the 3rd, and a Panel de Pon stage

-New assist trophies include Sephiroth, Zero, Boshi, Tetris, Karate Joe, and Ayumi Tachibana among others

-Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina are all Poké Ball Pokemon, sorry to everyone who wanted them.

-A new item is the Triple Star from Kirby Squeak Squad. You have to collect pieces of a map (they look like stickers from Brawl apparently) to use it. You can then launch three “super stars” (think the stars shot from the regular star rod, except they hit as hard as the warp star). You can lose it if you’re hit hard or combed though.

That’s all I know. I can’t answer any questions as I have nothing else to present. Hope you guys look forward to the game coming out. I know I am!

Zeox

Smash Champion
I’ve taken an interest into Smash leak hunting and made compiling recent “leaks” into a hobby of sorts. After venting about all the fake leaks presented here, I was approached by an “industry insider” who told me they knew most the roster. Of course, fake “industry insiders” and “sources” are commonplace here, but I decided to listen anyways.

Alongside their roster claims they mentioned some other things that have been proven correct, but that doesn’t really mean much. You’ll just have to take my word for it. I don’t know who their source is or how they got this information, but they have it. Of course, there’s the possibility that this is all fake and my “industry insider” is catfishing me or something, but I figure it’s better to share this information.

My source told me that there’s an industry for this s*** (corporate espionage and leaks), and that the full roster is out there somewhere. My source doesn’t have that though, so you’ll have to do with info from a not-completed version of the game. This info supposedly comes from a game tester or something if it’s true. There may be more characters, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. You can believe this information or laugh at it, do what you want. Anyways, here’s what I was told.

-The E3 build of the game was 1 build behind the current one (but it had a lot of characters removed), but is now 2 builds behind. Before E3 there were about 3 different builds of the game. The first build had most of the characters, but there have been characters added as the builds progressed. There should be 1 or 2 more builds before final polishing occurs.

-Sakurai’s statement of “don’t expect too many newcomers” is true to a fault. There are less unique newcomers than Brawl and Smash 4, but the roster is padded out by Echo Fighters. Most of them weren’t added until after the unique fighters, so they are definitely an afterthought for this roster.

-The unique fighters are Simon, Steve, K. Rool, Ashley, Geno, the Chorus Men, the SOPHIA Tank from Blaster Master, and Lip from Panel de Pon

-The echo fighters are Isabelle (Villiager), Dark Samus (Samus), Octolings (Inklings), Chrom (Ike), Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong), Ninten (Ness), and Shadow (Sonic)

-Fountain of Dreams, Poké Floats, and Delfino Plaza all return, and new stages include Dracula’s Castle, The End, Gangplank Galleon, Star Road, Sophia the 3rd, and a Panel de Pon stage

-New assist trophies include Sephiroth, Zero, Boshi, Tetris, Karate Joe, and Ayumi Tachibana among others

-Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina are all Poké Ball Pokemon, sorry to everyone who wanted them.

-A new item is the Triple Star from Kirby Squeak Squad. You have to collect pieces of a map (they look like stickers from Brawl apparently) to use it. You can then launch three “super stars” (think the stars shot from the regular star rod, except they hit as hard as the warp star). You can lose it if you’re hit hard or combed though.

That’s all I know. I can’t answer any questions as I have nothing else to present. Hope you guys look forward to the game coming out. I know I am!
This leak that you just made up right now is probably fake.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

were you memeing or being semi-seirous?

if the latter, you had me up until you said Ashley. Sophia tank lost me. Your Echo Fighters are actually pretty believable.

(Also wait, The End?)

osby

Smash Obsessed

No tinfoil hat Waluigi theory, 100% fake.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

If it wasn't for the fact that I instinctively disbelieve 4Chan leaks on site, I would've believed this.....

Also I appreciate the Boshi mention, but it makes me wonder what he'd possibly do as an AT...

Wambo

Smash Ace

Thanks for including Geno, I like to think that was for me. ~<3

If K.Rool isn't in the game at this point, I'll be extremely surprised. For the people who didn't expect Ridley to be in Ultimate, K.Rool was pretty much the other "expect him to be in there" character. Let's hope this means we can also expect the return of the Kremling Krew in future DK games from now on, as I don't think Nintendo would just ignore someone like K.Rool getting in.

Although, part of me wants to believe there was more behind the scenes that prevented him from being in Smash 4, like Miyamoto doing more of his "director of fun sabotage" bull****. He probably didn't like to hear that a villain Rare designed was getting more popular than Bowser.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, Sonic is the Fighter of the Day.

So, on that note, what kind of things from the Sonic series do you want or expect?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thanks for including Geno, I like to think that was for me. ~<3

If K.Rool isn't in the game at this point, I'll be extremely surprised. For the people who didn't expect Ridley to be in Ultimate, K.Rool was pretty much the other "expect him to be in there" character. Let's hope this means we can also expect the return of the Kremling Krew in future DK games from now on, as I don't think Nintendo would just ignore someone like K.Rool getting in.

Although, part of me wants to believe there was more behind the scenes that prevented him from being in Smash 4, like Miyamoto doing more of his "director of fun sabotage" bull****. He probably didn't like to hear that a villain Rare designed was getting more popular than Bowser.
But... K.Rool has never been more popular than Bowser.

Like.. Ever. Wtf is this?

D

Deleted member

Ooh, Sonic is the Fighter of the Day.

So, on that note, what kind of things from the Sonic series do you want or expect?
As unlikely as it is, I'd be more than down for either Tails or Eggman as playable characters.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Wait, what's this I hear about Sakurai being in talks with Wayforward? The most I know of major behind-the-scenes support is one of the Pokemon higher-ups being a fan of the franchise.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I said he was getting more popular than Bowser, and I meant with Smash.
I really doubt that.

I'm pretty sure everyone would support Bowser for Smash if he wasn't included by now.

K.Rool can't say that. He wasn't anywhere close to Bowser level. Almost no one is.

Get this bizarre idea out of your head.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I said he was getting more popular than Bowser, and I meant with Smash.
bowser was revealed p. early on in melee before K. Rool support started to be drummed up

hell, as someone who was around for it, K. Rool wasn't even a popular choice for the roster back during Brawl. He turned popular in Smash 4 once people realized "oh crap, all the important characters already made it in but these two popular nintendo villains.", like, most characters (Geno, Krystal, Masked Man, etc) left from the Brawl days can easily be filed under "Would be nice to have, but excessive/definitely not necessary"

P.S. this comes from a big fan of masked man, k. rool, and geno for smash, and someone who genuinely thinks Krystal should have been included as well and that the Star Fox characters could have all had different designs spanning the different games like Zelda got

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random thought: Does anyone else feel like there's going to be an event where Corrin has to defeat a Hooded Wireframe Little Mac?

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Random thought: Does anyone else feel like there's going to be an event where Corrin has to defeat a Hooded Wireframe Little Mac?
Speaking about events I hope we get trophies tussle back idk why but I loved playing these events

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’d like an event where defenseless Yoshi’s replace Mr Sandbag for the Homerun Contest.,...

( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd like an event called ''Ride Da Yoshi."

And it's basically just a mini party game in Smash Brothers where every character rides Yoshi and whoever can sacrifice the most Yoshis to a hole wins.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So guys, I just found this 100% completely real leak on 4chan that I 100% didn't make at all -

(Link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just want to remind everyone that leak discussion is permitted but please do not create and distribute personally made fake leaks here on Smashboards. In addition, if you do decide to post a fake leak elsewhere off the site, do not attribute Smashboards for it.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Just want to remind everyone that leak discussion is permitted but please do not create and distribute personally made fake leaks here on Smashboards. In addition, if you do decide to post a fake leak elsewhere off the site, do not attribute Smashboards for it.
Noted, apologies. I wasn't aware of the rule, but it won't happen again (Though Adam Sandler is in the game, y'all will see on December 7th)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If it wasn't for the fact that I instinctively disbelieve 4Chan leaks on site, I would've believed this.....

Also I appreciate the Boshi mention, but it makes me wonder what he'd possibly do as an AT...
Who owns boshi anyway? Does nintendo since he's a yoshi after all or is it somehow split between nintendo and square, or do square somehow own him entirely?

Can Nintendo not use the character or do they just choose not to?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Who owns boshi anyway? Does nintendo since he's a yoshi after all or is it somehow split between nintendo and square, or do square somehow own him entirely?

Can Nintendo not use the character or do they just choose not to?
Your guess is as good as mine. It's not quite as clear as it is for Geno...

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Does Adam Sandler have a moveset from Happy Gilmore or Click?
He has moves from all of his movies. But his Final Smash is a forced viewing of the Jack and Jill movie. You have to watch the whole film and the other players on the stage have the option to press B and remove their stocks willingly to end it sooner.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah I feel the same too sometime but at least WayForward want her in and from I heard Sakurai went to talk to them so we'll just have to wait and see.
Can I have some sauce with that?

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
He has moves from all of his movies. But his Final Smash is a forced viewing of the Jack and Jill movie. You have to watch the whole film and the other players on the stage have the option to press B and remove their stocks willingly to end it sooner.
Jesus Christ that's op as hell. Adam to be banned one week into the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom