• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of Fire Emblem voice changes:

Will Greg surpass Adkins' Great Aether scream?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
You're right ;_;
I dont want to get my hopes up just to be disappointed, Shantae has so much she can bring to Smash, it'd be a shame to leave her out just because she's western or indie.
Nintendo is very much pushing indie games now. I could see possibly her or Shovel Knight getting in. Just maybe

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my Roster Prediction!

1. Bandana Dee (Kirby). My most expected character, honestly. He's popular with both casuals and competitive people in both Japan and the West, probably leading to good ballot turnout. Plus, the most recent Kirby at the time of the roster's creation was Rainbow Curse, which had Bandana Dee playable but not Dedede and MK.

2. King K Rool (DK): He probably did well on the ballot, which will probably be significant for the roster.

3. Ashley (WarioWare): See K. Rool. Ashley is hugely popular in Japan, so that probably led to good ballot results. Her AT is absent, and she would be a dedicated magician, something we lack.

4. Gen 7 Pokémon: We've had a Pokémon every Game, no reason for that to change. I don't know which one, but probably Decidueye or Dusk Lycanroc.

5. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X): X was releasing around when the Roster was being decided, and Sakurai would probably be interested in having her. She could have a unique movesets with the various weapons in X

6. Paper Mario: A bit of a Dark Horse choice, I think he's quite possible. When the roster was decided, Paper Jam had just released and Color Splash was on the way. Furthermore, I remember decent support for him on the ballot, and he has a lot of moveset potential. Lastly, the Paper Mario 3DS Stage is yet to be seen, potentially for a reveal?

7. Rayman. Ubisoft and Nintendo have had good relations for awhile. Also, there were those random Trophies in Smash 4.

8. Dark Samus (Samus echo): A lot of coincidences are lining up for it. The assist trophy is absent, as is Samus's DS alt. Ridley's victory music is just a dark version of the regular Metroid theme. Why not go for something Ridley specific unless another Metroid Antagonist is on the way?

9. Octoling (Inkling Echo): The Octolings are getting a huge push with the Octo Expansion, why not pull a Roy and add them to promote it?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
My pipe dream is Donatello from TMNT or Lilo from Lilo & Stitch

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pipedream? Look at my avatar and sig for a clue.

I'd love to have a spellcaster that's focused on spells while still using a staff/wand/stick. I do like Ashley as a choice too, but Brian is more focused on elemental power than anything else.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I would like many popular characters; and I kind of support them.

But the only want I actively want it's probably the most "pipe-dream" of them... and that is Micaiah.

And I know; so, I'm not greedy about her; I would at least like to have a Mii Custome or something... please? :happysheep:
I'll always have a spot for Micaiah, but yeah, pipe dream might be right. A total shame and waste of potential ;0;

KOS-MOS will always be my pipe-dream, though, if only Namco will answer my prayers. I could see her also being Mii Costume potential as well, however, a la Soul Calibur.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yeah see, that's what I'm saying, we have way more options than just retreading the same series over and over. After seeing him in Star Allies I'm a big supporter of Marx too. It might be a bit too late for him to get in the base roster but I hope he's a DLC contender.

The entire reason Corrin got in Smash was for promotion, I'm not sure how well it worked though.

EDIT: That being said, I think when it comes to choosing a newcomer, a character who is popular and unique should be chosen over a character who's only purpose is to promote their next game, I'd be disappointed if we got a Gen 8 Pokemon over a Gen 7 one for example.
yes... I'm hoping so hard. If they actually did three Kirby newcomers, that'd be the most fun way to cover the most ground.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yes... I'm hoping so hard. If they actually did three Kirby newcomers, that'd be the most fun way to cover the most ground.
Jesus, do you want them to get flamed like Fire Emblem did?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Eh I got a ton so here's an easy image of characters that will probably never ever happen.
Most Wanted for Smash.png

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
My pipe dream is probably Tifa Lockhart.

I'd love to see her in the game, but I'm well aware that there are two major hurdles against her:
1. They'd probably go for Sephiroth if they were going for a Final Fantasy VII rep.
2. Third parties are (probably) lower priority than 1st parties.

Besides, my #1 most wanted is Isaac anyway.:p

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
So, something I was thinking of the other night:

How would you feel if most of the 1st party series (where applicable) got their representation boosted to at least 2 characters in this game? Obviously there are some where this just wouldn't work (like "Game & Watch" and "R.O.B."), but this would mean Yoshi, WarioWare, F-Zero, Pikmin, Xenoblade, etc. would all have at least 2 different characters to choose from, regardless of if they are echo fighters or not.

Of course, there not being as many newcomers this time around might throw a wrench into this idea, and from what I can tell a lot of requests are for characters from series that either already have at least 2 reps or have no representation yet, but I personally think it would be neat if this was something they did.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do you want "Mask" style Young Link?
Oooh hell yes.
Play as a quick and scrappy Young Link who's vulnerable and small, but play well enough and get rewarded with Fierce Deity Link and 10-20 seconds of pure power trip.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
My pipe dream is probably Tifa Lockhart.

I'd love to see her in the game, but I'm well aware that there are two major hurdles against her:
1. They'd probably go for Sephiroth if they were going for a Final Fantasy VII rep.
2. Third parties are (probably) lower priority than 1st parties.

Besides, my #1 most wanted is Isaac anyway.:p
I would ascend if Sephiroth was playable. That Supernova Final Smash?
1530512685795.gif

D

Deleted member

the better question

if it was those 3, would I care?

I'd just probably be like "Stop yelling ya'll already got every character back"
That's what Nintendo says when people complain about stupid characters that didn't get into the game for example I knew a guy that would not stop talking about a biscuit being a playable character and when it wasn't he threw a fit..

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Oooh hell yes.
Play as a quick and scrappy Young Link who's vulnerable and small, but play well enough and get rewarded with Fierce Deity Link and 10-20 seconds of pure power trip.
Hopefully Fierce Deity Link is at least his final smash

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Well, if Supernova is Sephiroth's final smash, hope you like it either drastically shortened, or hilariously sped up.
Drastically shortened will do, though I agree, sped up would be quite hilariously. Only if Sephiroth’s voice got squeaky though.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Another day, another crummy 4chan "leak"

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422748870/#422748870
Hey all.

Received some information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Not gonna say how I got this info.

Characters

King K. Rool
Geno
Gengar
Simon Belmont

King K. Rool - All of his specials use the Blunderbuss. Down B changes what projectile he shoots.

Geno - Some of his specials use a timed hits mechanic (like Geno Whirl). Final smash is Geno Blast.

Gengar - Very interesting fighter. He has very poor kill power but he's very fast and he can teleport. His down special is Night Daze. Final Smash is Mega Gengar.

Simon Belmont - I wasn't told much about this character. He can angle his aerials in any direction and some of his moves have a stun mechanic.

I have no idea if this is the final roster or not.

Here are some stages:

Gangplank Galleon
Bowser's Castle (from Super Mario RPG)
Minecraft
Dracula's Castle
A stage based on various Nintendo puzzle games

This is all I know. I won't answer any questions.
>Gengar
>G E N G A R

I swear the Piggybacking is getting worse.

Also King K. Rool is now at a whopping 60/85+ mentions, or 70+ percent of all leaks. Congratulations to him I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey all.

Received some information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Not gonna say how I got this info.

Characters

King K. Rool
Geno
Gengar
Simon Belmont

King K. Rool - All of his specials use the Blunderbuss. Down B changes what projectile he shoots.

Geno - Some of his specials use a timed hits mechanic (like Geno Whirl). Final smash is Geno Blast.

Gengar - Very interesting fighter. He has very poor kill power but he's very fast and he can teleport. His down special is Night Daze. Final Smash is Mega Gengar.

Simon Belmont - I wasn't told much about this character. He can angle his aerials in any direction and some of his moves have a stun mechanic.

Here are some stages:

Gangplank Galleon
Minecraft
Dracula's Castle

>Gengar
>G E N G A R

Lazy fake leakers if you're going to lie at least make it interesting

KMDP

Smash Legend
Drastically shortened will do, though I agree, sped up would be quite hilariously. Only if Sephiroth’s voice got squeaky though.
Sephiroth raises his hand, then there's an awkward silence. Suddenly a giant meteor hits the stage and KOs everyone in bounds/on the stage except Sephiroth himself.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
That's what Nintendo says when people complain about stupid characters that didn't get into the game for example I knew a guy that would not stop talking about a biscuit being a playable character and when it wasn't he threw a fit..
...what.

Hey all.

Characters

King K. Rool
Geno
Gengar
Simon Belmont

Here are some stages:

Gangplank Galleon
Minecraft
Dracula's Castle

>Gengar
>G E N G A R

these keep getting weirder

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's getting so worse they don't realize that you'll never have a full moveset listed in your """""""""""""""""""""leak""""""""""""""""""""""""""'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom