• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Who has that pipe dream character that you want but has no chance of happening mine is Dora the Explorer no hate
I can understand and respect the attempts at a joke...

As for the actual question, a TF2 merc is my personal pipe dream. Never gonna happen, but it's nice to make-believe.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isn't it weird how he was younger in his spinoff but older in the main series?
I haven't seen that show since I was like 5 but was Nick trying to form a Dora timeline? Is there a DTU (Dora the Universe)?
Dora THE WORLD OVER HEAVEN?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona 3 protagonist. He is a blue haired, sword wielding JRPG pretty boy. He should be popular in Smash fandom.
Don't forget the fact that he has to shoot himself in the head to conjure his standoh powah.

By the way, no Persona character before or since has matched that level of intensity with their first awakening.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Who has that pipe dream character that you want but has no chance of happening mine is Dora the Explorer no hate
The one character no one could beat in the game.

Yugi Muto (Atem) Punch-Out Title: The King of Games.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure most lords can use multiple weapons. It's just all of them have a particularly preferred weapon they use as their default like Hector and his three types of Armads.
Hmmm

Marth - Sword
Alm - Sword and Bows (His main Weapon it's a Sword)
Celica - Swords and Magic (She kind of has special "weapons" for both)
Sigurd/Seliph - Sword and Lances (Main Weapon it's Sword)
Roy - Sword
Eliwood - Swords and Lances (Main Weapon it's a Sword)
Lyn - Swords and Lances (Same deal that Eli, but she is now getting associated with Mulagir too)
Hector- Swords and Axes (Main Weapon it's Axe)
Eirika - Swords
Ephraim - Spears
Ike - Swords (And Axes in RD)
Micaiah - Magic as a whole
Chrom - Swords and Spears (Same deal as Eliwood)
Lucina - Literally Chrom
Robin - Swords and Magic (???)
Corrin - Swords and Dragonstones (Well... his main weapon it's a Sword, but technically the Dragonstone it's also his personal weapon anyway XD)

D

Deleted member

My pipe dream character that is is not the all powerful Dora is Oshawott

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
KMDP was referencing JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Dude, my avatar is from JoJolion, like the type of JoJolion to where you gotta be caught up with the series to know why a guy was named after Snoop Dogg. I know what he was talking about.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
My pipe dream is actually Goku. Not joking.

I think it'd be really cool to see him face off against Mario, Sonic, and the rest of the roster.

Plus, who wouldn't want to see Super Sonic vs. Super Saiyan Goku?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The one character no one could beat in the game.

Yugi Muto (Atem) Punch-Out Title: The King of Games.
Replace it with Kaiba and I'll hack in to see if Konami's interested. :4charizard:

D

Deleted member

I think it'd be really cool to see him face off against Mario, Sonic, and the rest of the roster.

That would be so lit

KMDP

Smash Legend

How about Goku and Superman?

D

Deleted member

So is the only thing cut from the characters Charizards Rock Smash??

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My pipe dream is Kenshiro. SEGA's making a game of him, so he has a solid 0.00000000001% chance rather than a 0%. :b:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I think Goku is far better represented in DBFZ where he has full control to do all his techniques in a competitive and fast setting. Putting him in Smash I feel would make him significantly slower and lamer.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Sah, Brawl-era Boards member here. I lost track of the discussion here since it moves 90mph, but if the '7 most likely/wished characters' thing is going on still...

1. Mimikyu
2. Mawile
She isn't relevant at all, and has 0% chance to get in, but I would love to play Mawile, especially because she would add an interesting, unique dynamic to the roster; a fighter that is most dangerous when she is facing away from you. Fire and Ice Punch are some moves that could be simple smash attacks in a traditional sense, while the false head at her back is what poses the deadlier attacks, maybe Thrash or something along that line if other fighters get too close.

3. Simon Belmont
4. Rayman
I'll honestly be surprised if Rayman doesn't get in Ultimate. There's too much unexplored (in Smash) move set potential aside from Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo clearly pointing towards this being a natural possibility.

5. Kamek
Imo there are few Mario characters left that are unique enough to include over characters like Kamek, who have a lot of unexplored moveset potential. As an aside, the 'Yoshi series' and 'DK series' barely count as separate series from the main Mario series, though Kamek does at least count towards the Yoshi series for those who believe there is actually any meaningful distinction. Over Kamek, I would absolutely love Paper Mario as a newcomer, but if Dr. Mario is also included that's too many incarnation of essentially the same character. I already think Young Link and Toon Link in the same game is pretty dumb. Young Link's inclusion, even more than Pichu, is the most extraneous feature of the 'everybody is back' theme.

6. Ray MK III
I never played the Custom Robo games, but everyone feels that 'retro' characters are a staple of new Smash Bros. games; by now, Ray's last appearance was in 2006, so by this time he probably is qualified to fill that niche. What is working against him, purely from my non-perspective of his character, is that by appearances I would imagine him playing as a medium between Samus and Megaman. Maybe not.

7. Saki Amamiya
Shares a similar case for 'retrohood' as Ray. There's move set potential, though hell if I know anything specific besides the sword-gun he had as an assist trophy. But it makes as much sense as R.O.B., Duck Hunt Dog, or even Ice Climbers.

Past that, I'd love to see:
8. Edelgard (Fire Emblem)
Very cool design, though I agree with those who have said FE has too many reps. It's my favorite Nintendo series, but...
9. Ashley
10. Elma
11. Spring Man
12. Shantae
Of all of these, Shantae seems the most interesting by far. But also
13. Sandbag
If Zaki can upset MkLeo with Dedede then...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think Goku is far better represented in DBFZ where he has full control to do all his techniques in a competitive and fast setting. Putting him in Smash I feel would make him significantly slower and lamer.
Unless you deliberately make him overpowered.

Maybe then someone will have a chance against Bayonetta.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Felt I should explain myself a bit more from earlier.

My whole deal is that while there are some characters I think should be in (Isabelle and Dixie, for example), the ones I truly want just tend to come from my select few favorite franchises. It just so happens that those three franchises are the ones with the most characters on the roster. Among Nintendo-owned unrepresented series, the main ones that'd excite me are either already confirmed as an Assist (Starfy) or have virtually no shot of showing up due to poor sales (Henry Fleming).

Some may feel that I'm boxing myself in a bit by focusing on just three franchises, but at this point I honestly can't be disappointed. Back in Smash 4 there were two main characters I wanted in: Little Mac and Chrom. I got one in the most spectacular way and lost the other in the most devastating way, and that served to make me temper my expectations without losing all hope. To be fully honest I'm not expecting to get any of my most wanted newcomers just to not be disappointed.

But at this point I can't be disappointed. My favorites (:ultmario::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultolimar::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ulticeclimbers::ultpacman:) are all back and Marth speaks English now. That last thing I thought would be one of the less likely things on my wish list due to fear of "tradition" prevailing. So I'm happy.

But at the same time I'd never deny myself the chance to be even more happy, as this is a situation where such happiness wouldn't hurt anyone. And it just so happens that Mario, Pokémon, and Fire Emblem all have multiple characters I'd like to see in Smash, chances be damned, and naysayers' whining be damned harder. Captain Toad, Waluigi, even E. Gadd or Shy Guy? Bring 'em all in. Decidueye, Marowak, Klefki, Ribombee, Shiftry, Chandelure, Ursaring, Sawsbuck, Qwilfish, Trevenant, Sigilyph, Volcanion? Better believe I'd be thrilled. Chrom, Celica, Caeda, Merric, Virion, Silque, Hardin, Tobin, Tiki, Mae, Lena, Frederick, Minerva, Saber? Hell yeah. The sky's the limit when you're left solely to your own desires, and that makes it all the better if any of them ever actually get in by some miracle.

That's just the way I look at it anyway. I just like supporting things I personally like, without paying mind to public perception. Because where's the fun in letting public opinion dictate your wish list? :p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was typing that post up before the pipedream discussion came up, but it's a good segue. My pipedreams are listed there. :p

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
What makes you say that? I think she has a good chance of making it in especially with her history with Nintendo. So from one Shantae supporter to another, don't give up:)
You're right ;_;
I dont want to get my hopes up just to be disappointed, Shantae has so much she can bring to Smash, it'd be a shame to leave her out just because she's western or indie.

Troykv

Smash Master
I would like many popular characters; and I kind of support them.

But the only want I actively want it's probably the most "pipe-dream" of them... and that is Micaiah.

And I know; so, I'm not greedy about her; I would at least like to have a Mii Custome or something... please? :happysheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom