• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I want these leakers to at least try to think "What would make this leak more legitimate than every other leak?"

And if the answer is nothing, than just don't even bother.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Next thing you know they'll be talking about s*** like Steenee, or Rash from Battletoads, or Wreck It Ralph.

Oh wait...

T H E Y A L R E A D Y D I D
Next they'll be claiming Adam Sandler. Hey, he was in that one video game movie.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fake leaks used to be so much better in the olden days
Untitled.png

Back in my day, they took pictures and used picture editing software in Windows Vista to prove Mewtwo was in Brawl!

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Can someone make an Isaac mock up pose image leak already?

Like, I want to see what Isaac’s Ultimate pose would be.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'll always have a spot for Micaiah, but yeah, pipe dream might be right. A total shame and waste of potential ;0;

KOS-MOS will always be my pipe-dream, though, if only Namco will answer my prayers. I could see her also being Mii Costume potential as well, however, a la Soul Calibur.
Thanks! Have you ever visited the Micaiah Support Thread?

KOS-MOS it would fun too; I'm not that familiar with the Namco Universe; but I like how KOS-MOS looks and fights.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Next they'll be claiming Adam Sandler. Hey, he was in that one video game movie.
Please.

Anon if you're there please give me a leak with Adam Sandler.

I'll take it over the generic rabble I see EVERY DAY.

Also cut it with the Gengar s***. He will not be in Smash Bros. Period.

Or this level of quality, at the very least?
https://youtu.be/VNsiJ9R-6N4
One of the greats right here.

When are leaks going to reach THIS level of quality again?
There have been a few purported screenshots,

But all of them were obviously from Brawl Mods.

Not even Smash 4 mods.

Brawl.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
G E N G A R

Regardless, my pipe-dream character is definitely Spyro. With both Spyro and Crash's resurgence, I wouldn't be ultimately shocked if Sakurai approaches Activision for the DLC season though (especially since Activision is trying to sell Spyro and Crash as a duo again like they did in the PlayStation era).

Also cut it with the Gengar ****. He will not be in Smash Bros. Period.
Hey! Maybe he could be summoned from a PokeBall...Maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
imma make a fake leak right now cause i'm stressed from moving
66. daroach
67. marx
68. magolor
69. King K Rool
70. Simon Belmont
71. Masked Man
72. Dillon
73. Crash Bandicoot
74. Incineroar
75. Decidueye
76. Rhythm Heaven
77. Geno
78. Isaac
79. Feh (the owl from Fire Emblem Heroes)
02e. Funky Kong
05e. Boshi
16e. Revali
24e. Gigue from Mother 1
40e. Louie
57e. Elma
64e. Octoling (with mostly inkling costumes)

10/10 rate my leak fam. 91 characters. also here's some new stages i know of,

a ship from star fox
something generic from fire emblem
the most generic place possible from Sun/Moon
f-zero ships
dr. mario
ROB still not getting a stage
meta crystal is... not in the game

i'll answer anything i'm personal best friends with sakurai and my dad works for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
G E N G A R

Regardless, my pipe-dream character is definitely Spyro. With both Spyro and Crash's resurgence, I wouldn't be ultimately shocked if Sakurai approaches Activision for the DLC season though (especially since Activision is trying to sell Spyro and Crash as a duo again like they did in the PlayStation era).
Do you think Crash would get in without Spyro, or vice-versa? Or are they more of a package deal?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
66. daroach
67. marx
68. magolor
69. King K Rool
70. Simon Belmont
71. Masked Man
72. Dillon
73. Crash Bandicoot
74. Incineroar
75. Decidueye
76. Rhythm Heaven
77. Geno
78. Isaac
02e. Funky Kong
16e. Revali
24e. Gigue from Mother 1
40e. Louie
57e. Elma
64e. Inkling

10/10 rate my leak fam. 89 characters. also here's some new stages i know of,

a ship from star fox
f-zero ships
dr. mario

i'll answer anything i'm personal best friends with sakurai and my dad works for Nintendo.
100% Fake!!! 0/10

No Boshi

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
66. daroach
67. marx
68. magolor
69. King K Rool
70. Simon Belmont
71. Masked Man
72. Dillon
73. Crash Bandicoot
74. Incineroar
75. Decidueye
76. Rhythm Heaven
77. Geno
78. Isaac
02e. Funky Kong
16e. Revali
24e. Gigue from Mother 1
40e. Louie
57e. Elma
64e. Inkling

10/10 rate my leak fam. 89 characters. also here's some new stages i know of,

a ship from star fox
f-zero ships
dr. mario

I'm only convinced because Inkling as an echo fighter of Inkling is the exact kind of trickery Sakurai would pull on us.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You're right ;_;
I dont want to get my hopes up just to be disappointed, Shantae has so much she can bring to Smash, it'd be a shame to leave her out just because she's western or indie.
Let's not forget, before going indie, the original game was published by Capcom, so she has a bit of history with the involved third-parties. It may mean nothing, but it's still something really cool to note.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Crash would get in without Spyro, or vice-versa? Or are they more of a package deal?
Crash could get in without Spyro, I don't really see Spyro getting in without Crash though. VV and TfB both helped with both of their remake trilogies, so really it goes down to Activision. I could see it honestly being a Bomberman situation (in terms of more Konami characters being given) where Crash becomes playable and Spyro as an AT, as much as I don't want that to happen.

If Crash were to be playable though, I'd hope he'd have alts for Coco. I'm currently playing through the N.Sane Trilogy on the Switch and am really enjoying playing as her.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm only convinced because Inkling as an echo fighter of Inkling is the exact kind of trickery Sakurai would pull on us.
Well, I meant to put Octoling, but most of the costumes are just Inkling again with different colors and fashion.

Sakurai really likes Splatoon 2. The real reason he flew back so early from E3 was to get in the next Splatoon rotation before work!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey guys, I'm actually a developer working on Smash and this game is actually a disguised Melee HD. That's why we've put so much emphasis on the "echo" part of this.

See, this isn't Super Smash Bros. Ultimate- It's Super Smash Bros. Echoes: Shadows of Meleentia.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I would like to create a "leak" a publish in 4chan just for fun.
We should have a contest to see who can make the most realistic sounding leak
If you do, please PM me or something with the thread link so I know it's fake. Or don't. At least give it a kill switch if you don't.

I'd definitely like to make a fake leak of my own though. I think I could make a convincing one given all of the leaks that I've had to sort through.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Hey guys, I'm actually a developer working on Smash and this game is actually a disguised Melee HD. That's why we've put so much emphasis on the "echo" part of this.

See, this isn't Super Smash Bros. Ultimate- It's Super Smash Bros. Echoes: Shadows of Meleentia.
Can confirm, but this is only going to be the reverse cover art, and there's going to be a Melee physics mode instead.

My favorite leaked stage is personally "Another Ship from Star Fox"

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Crash will get in without Spyro in my opinion. Just makes sense to me.
Crash could get in without Spyro, I don't really see Spyro getting in without Crash though. VV and TfB both helped with both of their remake trilogies, so really it goes down to Activision. I could see it honestly being a Bomberman situation (in terms of more Konami characters being given) where Crash becomes playable and Spyro as an AT, as much as I don't want that to happen.

If Crash were to be playable though, I'd hope he'd have alts for Coco. I'm currently playing through the N.Sane Trilogy on the Switch and am really enjoying playing as her.
Yeah, gotta agree. Even though I greatly prefer Spyro, Crash seems more likely. He'd still be cool though. Looking forward to getting the N. Sane Trilogy soon

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So this was kind of discussed ... like two days ago about possible pokeballs. I typed something out on my phone but got distracted. I thought I might as well post my thoughts on Alola Pokémon while I have the chance.

Rowlet: It releases a flurry of leafs that strikes the opponent with Leafage.
Litten: It springs and bites down with Fire Fangs; burning the opponent and not letting go even when you try to shake it off.
Popplio: It readies a huge Bubble Beam and releases it; trapping opponents inside before exploding.
Toucannon: It readies it’s powerful beak and then flies in a straight line while performing Blast Beak; searing heavy damage to anyone caught in its line of fire.
Charjabug: It will sometimes release Shocks so it’s inportsnt to pick it up when it isn’t. Anticipate and throw when you think it will release a shock to damage the opponents.
Oricorio: It appears one on of four forms: Baile, Pom-Pom, Pa’u, and Sensu and performs Revelation Dance which delivers either fire damage, electric, psychic, or dark elemental damage within its range.
Lyranroc: Perform Accelerock which causes it to perform numerous dashes across the stage while tackling into opponents. On stages at night time (Guar Plains, Smashville, Luigi’s Mansion), Lyanroc takes on a midnight form which will cause it to Taunt the opponent and will release a Counter attack when hit.
Wishiwashi: It assembled into its School Form using Schooling. It then proceeds to tackle the opponent and release jets of water which pushes opponents back.
Mudsdale: It charges forward, slamming into opponents and dragging them forward until it reaches the length of the stage. It then kicks the opponent with a High Horsepower. It can be ridden like Gogoat.
Salandit: It spews out an corrosive burning gas
Tsareena: It performs a flying Trop Kick forward which, when it connects, enters into a kicking combo which rises up into the air followed by an earth-shattering meteor smash.
Sandyghast: It summons nearby sand using Shore Up which pulls in nearby opponents. It then traps enemies within the sand while sealing damage. It then explodes while also slightly healing the player who summoned it.
Minior: Descends from above in many numbers and smash into the stage using Take Down much like how Beedrill did previously.
Turtonator: It uses Shell Trap to ignite an explosion which is triggered when any attack, friend or foe, hits it.
Mimikyu: It will move about the stage and randomly unleash Shadow Claw at nearby opponents. If it enters into its Busted Form, it will get angry and unleash even more Shadow Claws.
Drampa: Drampa attacks with Outrage, lashing out with draconic energy at the opponent who last damaged the player who threw out the Pokeball.
Pyukumuku: Remains inactive but can be thrown at opponents. Damaging it with attacks though causes it to attack back with Innards Out.
Tapu Koko: Unleashes Electric Terrain which shocks any opponents who make contact with it.
Tapu Lele: Unleashes Psychic Terrain which quickly puts to sleep briefly should they come into contact with it.
Tapu Bulu: Unleashes Grassy Terrain which causes opponents to trip as they try to walk.
Tapu Fini: Unleashes Misty Terrain which hides everyone from view without any indicators.
Nihilego: It floats about the stage until it finds a victim and quickly attaches itself, design damage via Venoshock.
Alolan Marowak: It throws its Shadow Bone which doesn’t deal damage but puts opponents in a disable/freefall state.
Alolan Exeguttor: It smashes its head with Dragon Hammer which pushes opponents up closer to its body, buried opponents found mid way, or knocks opponents out at the end.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Also I forgot one last new character: I knew they were hiding two characters from me intentionally, Zinith Zinith reminded me about Boshi but I forgot something.

Fire Emblem is getting a new character.

It's Feh! From Fire Emblem Heroes. I hope you're happy, Opossum Opossum
If you do, please PM me or something with the thread link so I know it's fake. Or don't. At least give it a kill switch if you don't.

I'd definitely like to make a fake leak of my own though. I think I could make a convincing one given all of the leaks that I've had to sort through.
same. I can actually help with this.

Troykv

Smash Master

Oky; I get why xD

same. I can actually help with this.
Oh? How exactly?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Now I'm legitimately curious how anyone outside of this thread would react to a leak that mentions Boshi. It's either "No one was talking about that character before, so I trust this" or "Aww, these trolls!!! Boshi, really?!!"

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I hope you all are enjoying my glorious fake leak! Remember though, it's actually real.

Oky; I get why xD

Oh? How exactly?
I've been around since Brawl's leaks (look at my join date, for starters) so I have a history at remembering which text only leaks sounded the most plausible.

(plus I've unfortunately browsed /v/ a lot before)

P.Kat

Smash Champion
You're right ;_;
I dont want to get my hopes up just to be disappointed, Shantae has so much she can bring to Smash, it'd be a shame to leave her out just because she's western or indie.
Yeah I feel the same too sometime but at least WayForward want her in and from I heard Sakurai went to talk to them so we'll just have to wait and see.
Eh I got a ton so here's an easy image of characters that will probably never ever happen.View attachment 151052
Lyn will happen someday Sakurai will hear our popular demands someday.

Guess I should put up my pipe dream list too
Lyn (for now)

Krystal (for now)

Sora

Fjorm/Micaiah

Blaze The Cat

Zeraora

*sigh*
And

Even on Smashboards her support threads are dead. My only hope for Ammy is my August 9 theory, or DLC. Out of my pipe dream list though Fjorm and Micaiah are the most likely to become newcomers to me.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
My greatest pipe dream is Lanky Kong, but he isn't happening because Nintendo is clearly afraid of progress.

Behold.

Troykv

Smash Master
I hope you all are enjoying my glorious fake leak! Remember though, it's actually real.

I've been around since Brawl's leaks (look at my join date, for starters) so I have a history at remembering which text only leaks sounded the most plausible.

(plus I've unfortunately browsed /v/ a lot before)
Oh I see; 4chan it's a very old place xD

Yeah I feel the same too sometime but at least WayForward want her in and from I heard Sakurai went to talk to them so we'll just have to wait and see.

Lyn will happen someday Sakurai will hear our popular demands someday.

Guess I should put up my pipe dream list too
Lyn (for now)

Krystal (for now)

Sora

Fjorm/Micaiah

Blaze The Cat

Zeraora

*sigh*
And

Even on Smashboards her support threads are dead. My only hope for Ammy is my August 9 theory, or DLC. Out of my pipe dream list though Fjorm and Micaiah are the most likely to become newcomers to me.
Dream is still alive <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom