• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
The **** kinda game genre would an Ashley series have
I'm pretty sure the same thing could've been asked about Wario at some point prior to something as odd as WW.

That's how business works, too: you take something popular and expand the **** out of it.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I dunno, whatever it is i'd still buy it though.
Clearly the right answer is "SHMUP". Ashley can fly on her broom and cast spells.

...What, it's a genre Nintendo hasn't really covered, yet.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Clearly the right answer is "SHMUP". Ashley can fly on her broom and cast spells.

...What, it's a genre Nintendo hasn't really covered, yet.
The perfect thing about Ashley is she also fits a character type that Nintendo hasn't really explored yet. I think there's more room for her there than a Gradius re-skin.

A witch with a little demon partner who can turn into a staff/scepter thing? A magic broom? Threats of being turned into a spoon? Smells like perfect RPG material.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I should change my username to Ballyhoo, because all this Pokémon talk has me wanting to know and play another game!

If you could chose ANY Pokémon to be in Smash who would it be, and why?
Meowth. My boy got robbed time and time again

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Don't forget the April Fools Crazy Galaxy game starring her. Too bad it wasn't real. Ashley's already pretty popular but the moment she makes it in Smash Bros I think that completely opens the Ashley floodgates.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Don't forget the April Fools Crazy Galaxy game starring her. Too bad it wasn't real. Ashley's already pretty popular but the moment she makes it in Smash Bros I think that completely opens the Ashley floodgates.
There was also the cryptic Arcade Bunny message about looking forward to great things in her future or something similar

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think the waiting for Smash Ultimate might already be driving us insane.

Ah, doesn't matter, I was already mad to begin with.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Despite all the Ashley talk (it would be cool if she got her own games, yes), I really want Nintendo to use more of their IPs.

>3D Remake of all 3 Mother games AT LEAST.
>Metroid. Y'all better support Prime 4 when it comes out, I ain't waitin' again for Prime 5.
>F-Zero. Just steal Kid Icarus Uprising's gameplay for a story mode and play as Captain Falcon thwarting terrorist plots and rigged races.
>Kid Icarus... I guess? I mean, I don't want Sakurai making it, because Smash 4 had a crap-ton of design choices inspired by that and it didn't feel unique.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Despite all the Ashley talk (it would be cool if she got her own games, yes), I really want Nintendo to use more of their IPs.

>Metroid. Y'all better support Prime 4 when it comes out, I ain't waitin' again for Prime 5.
>F-Zero. Just steal Kid Icarus Uprising's gameplay for a story mode and play as Captain Falcon thwarting terrorist plots and rigged races.
>Kid Icarus... I guess? I mean, I don't want Sakurai making, because Smash 4 had a crap-ton of design choices inspired by that and it didn't feel unique.
You forgot Golden Sun, boyo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I want to see Captain Falcon have a God Hand style game. Damn that game was underrated, even if its writing is uhh nothing to write home about.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

>Kid Icarus... I guess? I mean, I don't want Sakurai making it, because Smash 4 had a crap-ton of design choices inspired by that and it didn't feel unique.
Mother 3 is coming...any day now...any day

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Also more 2D Metroid. I've been waiting 15+ years to see what happens after Fusion.

I really hope Prime 4 is good, and I really hope Sylux has a big role like we expect and he gets enough moves to be put in Smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Smash fan: Aww... how am I supposed to last 6 months without Smashing something?
Break the Targets!
Duck Hunt!
Pikachu and Pichu!
Dark Pit and Lucina!
That one character you hate! Yeah, that one.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Also more 2D Metroid. I've been waiting 15+ years to see what happens after Fusion.

I really hope Prime 4 is good, and I really hope Sylux has a big role like we expect and he gets enough moves to be put in Smash.
He has potential as DLC if they put out a good Prime 4 trailer fast enough and he has good speaking bits.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think Yoshi is stuck in 2D. I can't really see him transitioning all that well to 3D as the main character. I think he works better as a bonus.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is a decent 2.5D Sonic game too much to ask for. And maybe no voice acting...
Sonic Team: YES! You'll get wasteful boost mechanics, poorly thought-out game elements, and Green Hill and Chemical Plant rehashes and like it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom