• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Meloetta because I love her and you could potentially have her formes do what Zelda/Sheik failed to do.
Genius. I would chose Gardevoir, but as someone else mention Arcanine was great Pokémon too. You used to see fairly often in the Anime, then it's relevancy dwindled.
I loved the first 3 series of Digimon but fell out of it, but I still go back to Adventure & Tamers every now and again.

I even asked my friends which crest fit me and got it recently.
View attachment 150820
Crest of Reliability nice. I guess mine would be the same, or it would be Light since I'm such an Optimist and a shining ball of happiness even through the bad times.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
hey its the year that it is.

Also if you are in the USA right now walmart is selling the pink/green joycons (no other color ones have the discount/mis-pricing?) for $24.88 instead of the usual $70+

Well they ring up as $24.88 even though they label says otherwise, I just grabbed two sets.

This relates to smash because you can use these to play it haha.
This sale better be up when I wake up tomorrow morning. This will be the first thing I do on Saturday.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't really know how you show off WarioWare though. Unless they want to show a story mode trailer or something we know it's micro game craziness.

It'd be a good way to market Ashley, especially if they plan a Smash reveal. And we don't need to repeat how much Japan loves Ashley.
Show off the new microgames, show off extra modes if Gold has 'em...

random girl.PNG

Explain to us who this is...

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't really know how you show off WarioWare though. Unless they want to show a story mode trailer or something we know it's micro game craziness.

It'd be a good way to market Ashley, especially if they plan a Smash reveal. And we don't need to repeat how much Japan loves Ashley.
I'll repeat it.
I'll repeat it until
EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Since 8 colors for Yoshi isn't all of his colors, there should be another set of 8 to get the remaining colors (White, Orange and Brown) and then the remaining being novelty like Yoob, Plessie and Rex

osby

Smash Obsessed
I want a Direct soon where they talk about the new Yoshi game and then cut to present the new changes to Yoshi in Smash Ultimate

And maybe reveal Boshi
Didn't they talked about all the veteran changes already.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Since 8 colors for Yoshi isn't all of his colors, there should be another set of 8 to get the remaining colors (White, Orange and Brown) and then the remaining being novelty like Yoob, Plessie and Rex
I'd like the 8 Colors from Island or the 8 colors from Story. Either way, I prefer a minimum of 8 colors per character. It compliments 8 Player Smash.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'll repeat it.
I'll repeat it until
EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS.
It's still a bit odd to me. For a while a lot of people didn't really have her on their character lists. Now she's pretty common. Even in "leaks" she appears a lot. I'm not used to this.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, I posted my trailer 'scripts' to the appropriate thread, of course, anyone who was paying attention to what I was posting yesterday will know which trailers they are (they're just final drafts). Thanks to CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica for pointing me in the right direction! :grin:

Now to do my Events... :rolleyes:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
...aaand I completely missed the current year. Sounds about right.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the future.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I need a mini direct next month showing WarioWare Gold and then getting an Ashley reveal at the end.
I feel the same way except that I need a Nintendo Direct on August 9 so they can release Okami HD on sale for the Switch and then reveal Amaterasu as a character afterwards coincidence I don't think so.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel the same way except that I need a Nintendo Direct on August 9 so they can release Okami HD on sale for the Switch and then reveal Amaterasu as a character afterwards coincidence I don't think so.
...I didn't know I wanted Ami until right now.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know what would be cool? If Tron Bonne from Mega Man Legends was an assist trophy. She could appear, summon her Servbots to attack foes and pick up foes with her mech, the Gustaff, then disappear, but not before doing her famous laugh... "Oh ho ho ho ho!"

[...and of course they'd have to include the song Flutter vs. the Gesellschaft in the OST since it's basically Tron's theme song...]

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Didn't they talked about all the veteran changes already.
Technically, there's "changes in the tens of thousands".

That's my current theory.
Show off WarioWare Gold in a direct.
Talk about amiibo functionality.
"We have one more thing to show you".
ASHLEY REVEAL!
And top it off with an Ashley amiibo that works with WarioWare and Smash Ultimate!
It would truly be perfect...
It's about time the WarioWare series got expanded and characters like Ashley made it into their own spin-offs.

And Waluigi needs to be in a WW game already. Not a Waluigi fan, but holy hell, do something with him so he can get in Smash and people can shut up about him.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Waluigi has no relation to the WarioWare franchise. It'd be odd to just suddenly stick him in there.

Some WarioWare fans are already tired of Ashley overshadowing the rest of the cast. Imagine if Waluigi was put in there too.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Waluigi has no relation to the WarioWare franchise. It'd be odd to just suddenly stick him in there.
I hate how Wario's series is just WarioWare and not Wario games in general, kinda how they call Mother Earthbound for all the games. :rolleyes: Mother 1 became Earthbound Beginnings, in an alternate universe where Reggie gives Mother 3 would it become Earthbound Endings?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
...I didn't know I wanted Ami until right now.
Haha I felt the same way after putting the somewhat possible pieces together. That and the fact she could potentially have 4 different moveset (since she has 4 different weapons) that could swap via stance change means endless ways to fight, she also can use ink in way that Inklings can't by using it to draw and create objects or destroy things.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I hate how Wario's series is just WarioWare and not Wario games in general, kinda how they call Mother Earthbound for all the games. :rolleyes: Mother 1 became Earthbound Beginnings, in an alternate universe where Reggie gives Mother 3 would it become Earthbound Endings?
Well I figure the reason he represents WarioWare and not all Wario titles is because he doesn't have a lot of references to Wario Land.

And about the Earthbound stuff...I have no knowledge on that so I'll stay outta that lol.

Wambo

Smash Ace

Some WarioWare fans are already tired of Ashley overshadowing the rest of the cast. Imagine if Waluigi was put in there too.
What are you talking about? Sure, they're not brothers, but Wario and Waluigi are still a duo. Putting him in as Waluigi's respected microgame rival or something would still feel natural. It's not like you're sticking Shulk in there.

And good, Ashley needs to be popular so they can branch-off and she can have her own series. That's how it should work. Her rising popularity is a stupid thing to be upset about.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I mean, I love me some WarioWare, but I really wanna see the games where Wario is a hero. Or at least the ones that the WarioWare team worked on.

I don't even need a stage honestly. Some music and enemies would be sufficient. The Wario Land 2 theme?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ashley needs to be popular so they can branch-off and she can have her own series.
The **** kinda game genre would an Ashley series have

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I could see Rex getting smash ultimate before Springman. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 been getting allot love lately may not happen because Xenoblade 2 was in develop sense late 2015. I could see Elma being the new Xenoblade rep before Rex which I would love.

Wambo

Smash Ace
This is the year Rex and Pyra, and Spring Man get revealed and released as DLC.
Mr. Yabuki, the PRODUCER of ARMS, came out and said that while he was flattered at the requests for ARMS representation in Smash, it wouldn't happen. ARMS wasn't even supported for a full year like it was originally intended, and I'm pretty sure that means people stopped playing.

In my opinion, not every single "new" character from a Nintendo game should get in either. Inkling is just barely old enough to get in, imo.

EDIT: "was" to "wasn't"

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
What are you talking about? Sure, they're not brothers, but Wario and Waluigi are still a duo. Putting him in as Waluigi's respected microgame rival or something would still feel natural. It's not like you're sticking Shulk in there.

And good, Ashley needs to be popular so they can branch-off and she can have her own series. That's how it should work. Her rising popularity is a stupid thing to be upset about.
I agree with half those statements.
I dunno I kinda like how WarioWare is it's own thing with no connection to Mario besides Wario himself.
Ashley does need her own series though!

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I never really considered Wario and Waluigi as characters that had to be together. I feel like WarioWare is it's own thing and putting in Mario characters in it outside of minor references or cameos would be weird, because they don't really mesh.

And I agree there. I don't see why anyone should be upset at Ashley getting more popular. I don't think she ever got special treatment in the games compared to the rest of the cast. People just flocked towards her.

put her in smash so she starts getting put in other games like mario kart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom