• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So if, hypothetically, Gardevoir was revealed to be playable, what is everyone's reaction to that?

I just said this moments ago, but I'd be overjoyed. I know we have some passionate gen 7 mon supporters here, so I feel like some of the reactions could be interesting.
Eh, I like Gardevoir so I'd be fine with it, but I can't see myself getting too hyped.
It would be fantastic if we got both Gardevoir and Decidueye, though.
Looking at the moveset breakdowns for Pokken really makes me wish that Gardevoir, Braixen and Chandelure had a chance for Smash, they all would be fun to play.
Chandelure

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
The fact the roster was decided in December 2015 kinda diminishes Rex and Pyra's chances at the base roster, but I can see them being released post-launch.
I thought that was still up in the air. Was it a final draft or a project plan proposal that was in Dec. 2015?

Either way I agree Rex & Pyra are likely coming as DLC

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My Signature speaks for myself but still, I'd be over the moon with joy I've always had her in my team whenever possible considering she my favorite psychic type and favorite fairy type :)

Hey Lucario has done nothing to you XD Also, it kinda comes full circle since Lucario is one of her Pokémon and possibly her most powerful and/or favorite Pokémon considering you fight It last in the game, also check her aesthetics:

Note the hairclips

Seems familiar

and no matter what she wears, she always has them on, even the champ can't resist Lucario's coolness.
She might like the Lucario look, but not even she nor anyone else can deny that Garchomp's the star on her team. Even the anime makes sure to give her Chomp the special attention.

Dragon Rush and Earthquake are a nightmare for any naive child thinking they could just barrel on through.

The fact we only have one Xenoblade stage with only one game of xenoblade music is one of the biggest crimes in smash

We need Gaur Plains, Noctilum, and Mor Ardain with songs from each game.
And a character from each game
:061:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Rex gets in the game...

But instead of being partnered with Pyra... he’s partnered with tiny azurda...

And is an echo fighter of Rosaluma

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Rex gets in the game...

I would love to see Rex daintily holding a wand.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I thought that was still up in the air. Was it a final draft or a project plan proposal that was in Dec. 2015?

Either way I agree Rex & Pyra are likely coming as DLC
The initial project plan proposal was decided on Dec. 2015, but Sakurai rarely ever deviates from his initial plan and most likely already has a roster in mind when he makes it.
Exceptions are being Sonic who was in the initial plan, cut because Sega, and then added in because Sega, Wolf, who is a Frankenstein character with moves of a lot of different characters, and, of course, clones.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
New topic. You remember when the 3DS version of Smash 4 got a demo a few weeks before release? Remember the 5 playable characters? :4mario::4link::4pikachu::4villager::4megaman: Well if they decide to do a similar thing with Ultimate, which 5 characters would they go with this time?

My picks:
:ultmario::ultlink::ultkirby::ultsnake::ultinkling:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
2017, the year Miiverse died. I spent so much time there, I remember the Smash 4 era like it was yesterday. RIP.

New topic. You remember when the 3DS version of Smash 4 got a demo a few weeks before release? Remember the 5 playable characters? :4mario::4link::4pikachu::4villager::4megaman: Well if they decide to do a similar thing with Ultimate, which 5 characters would they go with this time?

My picks:
:ultmario::ultlink::ultvillager::ultpokemontrainer::ultinkling:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Zinith Zinith , saw you mentioning liking all manner of Reptilian/Draconic Pokémon, have you considered Digimon? Lots of Reptiles there (though not all of them are animalistic reptiles XD).
Rex gets in the game...

Partnered with Dahlia, just to trigger all the people who can't handle her existence.:smirk:

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
Part of me hopes both Decidueye and Mimikyu get in so we don't have to deal with the inevitable flamewar that'll happen if only one of them got in. Mimikyu fans will explode if it's just Decidueye because a lot of Mimikyu fans reeealllllyyyyy hate Decidueye for some reason, and the opposite applies to Decidueye, I don't want to see everyone on the side that doesn't get there character become so unhappy.
Slightly unrelated, but I think it's funny that the community might be up in arms over two Pokemon that we arbitrarily picked. There are other viable options besides Decidueye and Mimikyu and we have no idea what Sakurai will find interesting, assuming all he had for inspiration was concept art. Just because a Pokemon is popular in 2018 doesn't mean it was an obvious standout in 2015 before the games released.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zinith Zinith Zinith Zinith , saw you mentioning liking all manner of Reptilian/Draconic Pokémon, have you considered Digimon? Lots of Reptiles there (though not all of them are animalistic reptiles XD).
Oh god, I ADORED Digimon as a kid!!! And yes, all the Reptilian/Draconic characters didn't get past me :grin:

I kinda grew out of it though

KMDP

Smash Legend
Slightly unrelated, but I think it's funny that the community might be up in arms over two Pokemon that we arbitrarily picked. There are other viable options besides Decidueye and Mimikyu and we have no idea what Sakurai will find interesting, assuming all he had for inspiration was concept art. Just because a Pokemon is popular in 2018 doesn't mean it was an obvious standout in 2015 before the games released.
Personally, I think Sakurai would pick Incineroar (not advocating because I like Incineroar, I prefer the Archer); why? Because we don't have any dedicated grappler-type fighters (we have a few with command grabs, but they're usually only single moves).

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think anyone banking on a new Pokemon rep from Sun and Moon are really hoping for another Greninja situation. Idk if it'll happen.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

My picks:
:ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultinkling: plus another newcomer, probably third party

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There are tons of Pokémon I'd love to see playable that I think could be really neat, but don't have much of a shot.

Marowak, Snorlax, Ursaring, Shiftry, Sawsbuck, Chandelure, Klefki, and Ribombee come to mind.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
You know it! I was really hyped when Braixen got in just because Braixen is my favorite evo of VI's starters, but Chandelure was such an unexpected surprise when they were announced and I lowkey want them in Smash.

Hawlucha first though.

Maybe Genesect too idk.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
The initial project plan proposal was decided on Dec. 2015, but Sakurai rarely ever deviates from his initial plan and most likely already has a roster in mind when he makes it.
Exceptions are being Sonic who was in the initial plan, cut because Sega, and then added in because Sega, Wolf, who is a Frankenstein character with moves of a lot of different characters, and, of course, clones.
Okay. That makes sense.

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think Sakurai would pick Incineroar (not advocating because I like Incineroar, I prefer the Archer); why? Because we don't have any dedicated grappler-type fighters (we have a few with command grabs, usually single moves).
I agree! Early on in speculation, a common gripe with Incineroar was that Charizard was already a "Fire-type rep," but Pokemon Trainer has since fixed that issue. Incineroar has some really expressive concert art and we don't have a grappler-wrestler in the roster.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I can't be the only one who finds it really interesting to look back on Wolf just barely making it in the game in Brawl and then becoming a huge fan favorite. Wasn't it him or Krystal? Really interesting to look back at a beloved character almost not making the cut.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I should change my username to Ballyhoo, because all this Pokémon talk has me wanting to know and play another game!

If you could chose ANY Pokémon to be in Smash who would it be, and why?

D

Deleted member

I should change my username to Ballyhoo, because all this Pokémon talk has me wanting to know and play another game!

Decidueye because he's my third favorite Pokemon and he has amazing moveset potential.
And also because I want to end this unhealthy obsession I have for him.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh god, I ADORED Digimon as a kid!!! And yes, all the Reptilian/Draconic characters didn't get past me :grin:

I kinda grew out of it though
I had grown out of it, or at least I thought I had.
Then I rewatched the show(s), in Japanese, and realised I still love Digimon as much as Pokémon.
Seriously, the dub was good, but the original version is miles better.
Example: how they butchered the first three movies into a single movie with an overarching plot (which the translator didn't even want to do). The climax scene of the second movie (second part of "Digimon: The Movie") is dramatic and somewhat melancholy (with choir music as WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon fuse, leading into just the ticking of a clock as their deadline counts down), it's a desperate situation because a nuke is about to strike Odaiba. In the dub it's just a 'missile', and the same climax scene is turned a big action piece with pop music to distract from the fact that if they fail everyone in Tokyo dies.
Hahh... nerd rants about Sub v. Dub. The bane of everyone's existence.

Last edited:

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
The Smash subreddit is currently hypothesizing that Bandana Waddle Dee will be playable because he doesn't show up in Dedede's final smash. BWD was present in the scene from Super Star Ultra that the final smash is based on, so his absence is kinda suspicious. Maybe he'll show up somewhere else? *Aggressive winking*

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can't be the only one who finds it really interesting to look back on Wolf just barely making it in the game in Brawl and then becoming a huge fan favorite. Wasn't it him or Krystal? Really interesting to look back at a beloved character almost not making the cut.
Wolf got the heat alongside ROB when the roster was shown. He was quickly dismissed as a second clone of Fox and got plenty of bad reactions.

It's only when people played him/the game that they warmed up to him. I've always wanted him in Smash, so back then it was disappointing to see how much backlash he got.

ROB seems to have won over people the same way Mr. Game & Watch did - he has a quirky personality of sorts that makes him endearing. Obviously they both have detractors to this day, but not anywhere near as huge as it was pre-Brawl. People kept making rumors that :ultgnw: and :ulticeclimbers: were goners and actively hoping for it.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I loved the first 3 series of Digimon but fell out of it, but I still go back to Adventure & Tamers every now and again.

I even asked my friends which crest fit me and got it recently.
DdvtpK1V4AABAlo.jpg

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The Smash subreddit is currently hypothesizing that Bandana Waddle Dee will be playable because he doesn't show up in Dedede's final smash. BWD was present in the scene from Super Star Ultra that the final smash is based on, so his absence is kinda suspicious. Maybe he'll show up somewhere else? *Aggressive winking*
I feel Bandanna Waddle Dee is a likely newcomer if he did well on the ballot. The guy got a lot of support, but unlike K. Rool or other candidates, he didn't get a Mii Costume or anything to acknowledge his popularity, so we don't really know if he did as well as people make it out to be or not.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
I think the fact that Yoshi's Wooly World is configured to accept "any" Waddle Dee Amiibo rather than just the one that exists (a trait shared with only one other character who has a single Amiibo- Daisy) is a far more convincing argument than the absence of a cameo.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Sceptile or Decidueye. Second and Third favorite Pokémon respectively, my favorite type, and full of Moveset Potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom