• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should change my username to Ballyhoo, because all this Pokémon talk has me wanting to know and play another game!

If you could chose ANY Pokémon to be in Smash who would it be, and why?
Gardevoir. . .it's always my go to assuming i remember that exists.

After that it's a toss up between Incineroar and :061:
The Smash subreddit is currently hypothesizing that Bandana Waddle Dee will be playable because he doesn't show up in Dedede's final smash. BWD was present in the scene from Super Star Ultra that the final smash is based on, so his absence is kinda suspicious. Maybe he'll show up somewhere else? *Aggressive winking*
I still say Dee not appearing in a cameo you would barely be able to see in a cinematic move is still some of the weakest evidence ever.
:061:

Troykv

Smash Master
I had grown out of it, or at least I thought I had.
Then I rewatched the show(s), in Japanese, and realised I still love Digimon as much as Pokémon.
Seriously, the dub was good, but the original version is miles better.
Example: how they butchered the first three movies into a single movie with an overarching plot (which the translator didn't even want to do). The climax scene of the second movie (second part of "Digimon: The Movie") is dramatic and somewhat melancholy (with choir music as WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon fuse, leading into just the ticking of a clock as their deadline counts down), it's a desperate situation because a nuke is about to strike Odaiba. In the dub it's just a 'missile', and the same climax scene is turned a big action piece with pop music to distract from the fact that if they fail everyone in Tokyo dies.
Hahh... nerd rants about Sub v. Dub. The bane of everyone's existence.
You remind me that I still need to see the original version of "Our War Game!" xD

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Actually, speaking of Writing. Are there threads for posting script ideas for Newcomer Trailers and Event Match ideas? I know that there's a thread for writing Codecs/Palutena's Guidances.

If there aren't either of those threads yet I might consider making them myself.
Both exist.
Direct-a-Trailer
Event Match Ideas

I should change my username to Ballyhoo, because all this Pokémon talk has me wanting to know and play another game!

If you could chose ANY Pokémon to be in Smash who would it be, and why?
Playable - I'd take Gardevoir. But if we're including Pokéballs, I want Arcanine. He's always been my favorite since the beginning, and I'm annoyed that he hasn't gotten more love. Especially since Growlithe/Arcanine were basically counterparts to Vulpix/Ninetails, but then the Tigerdogs showed up in fewer games and didn't get Alola forms...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I loved the first 3 series of Digimon but fell out of it, but I still go back to Adventure & Tamers every now and again.

I even asked my friends which crest fit me and got it recently.
View attachment 150820
I like all the seasons of Digimon (though Young Hunters is iffy) for different reasons, which I won't go into here. XD
The best thing I can say about Digimon v. Pokémon (though I know that's not something anyone brought up, yet) is that the Pokémon anime is a Kid's Show (for 10+), while the Digimon anime is a Shonen (for 12+). Those two demographic years make a world of difference (not to say the early Digimon seasons don't have their fair share of awkward toilet humour that Pokémon notably lacks. XD)
As for crests, I'd like to say I'm "Hope", 'cause I'm generally positive. XD (Self-perception and reality can be very different)

Thanks! :grin:
You remind me that I still need to see the original version of "Our War Game!" xD
Do iiiiittt.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
In terms of Pokemon i'd want, Lucario is my 2nd favorite as is so i'm quite happy he's still around, but I'd absolutely adore Blaziken somehow getting in.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Something I really want is a classic or adventure mode where at the end of the mode depending on who you play the final boss changes. Like, Samus fights giant Ridley, Mario fights Bowser, and so on. It couldn't fully work because not every character has that rival on the roster, but it's a cool concept to me.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Something I really want is a classic or adventure mode where at the end of the mode depending on who you play the final boss changes. Like, Samus fights giant Ridley, Mario fights Bowser, and so on. It couldn't fully work because not every character has that rival on the roster, but it's a cool concept to me.
You could play on some series rivals like Link vs Cloud or Megaman vs Samus.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For favorite Pokemon, either a new Trainer using Giovanni that focuses on Meowth as the main Pokemon with various other Rocket-related Pokemon helping out, or Genesect, my favorite 5th Gen Pokemon.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I think Yoshi vs a tiny Bowser would be fun to represent baby bowser, or they could just use bowser jr i guess

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
hey its the year that it is.

Also if you are in the USA right now walmart is selling the pink/green joycons (no other color ones have the discount/mis-pricing?) for $24.88 instead of the usual $70+

Well they ring up as $24.88 even though they label says otherwise, I just grabbed two sets.

This relates to smash because you can use these to play it haha.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't see Octolings getting in, but I consider it a possibility only because we need the ultimate battle of Woomy vs Veemo.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Watch Sakurai pull a 360 an confirm Gallade instead.
Well it would hurt that it wasn't Gardevoir, but I'd manage, he already took Lyn and Krystal from me as playable characters, that hurt the most so pssh what's the worst that he ca-
Sakurai: So I gave you every character ever in Smash and even newcomers and your still whiny and ungrateful? Tell me, what is your main?
Me: S-sakurai?
Sakurai: What is your main?

Me: E-everyone I like all the characters you put in Smash.

Sakurai: Lies, I'm searching your Nintendo username from there accessing database of Smash players who play Wii U/3DS with your username, and identify your location. Your mains are Sheik, Lucina, and Corrin. Let me ask, did you per-order my game already?

Me: Y-yes.

Sakurai Of course you did. I'm now deleting all your mains from your game cartridge specifically from your order,

Me: Noooooo!

Sakurai and replacing them with three copies of King K. Rool.

Nooooooooooooooo! I don't like slow heavyweight characters.

Sakurai: More whining? Still ungrateful for the newcomer? I'm now Converting all 68 characters and future DLC into King K. Rool replicas.

Me: Sakurai!!

Sakurai: Never ask for anything ever again, all you will get is King K Rool. Now who's the next whiner?

Disclaimer: I have nothing against King K. Rool, slow heavyweight characters are just not my cup of tea.

You ever have a song that brutally punches you in the face with how good it sounds from the start?
I always thought to myself heading to Mor Ardain would be boring considering the landscape and the music would match too. Then as soon as I set foot there, the music started, and slapped me in the face simultaneously. After that I never talk bad about Mor Ardain or Xenoblade music as a whole ever again. But this track is pretty good too and one of my favorites.
She might like the Lucario look, but not even she nor anyone else can deny that Garchomp's the star on her team. Even the anime makes sure to give her Chomp the special attention.

Dragon Rush and Earthquake are a nightmare for any naive child thinking they could just barrel on through.
Can't argue with that also Garchomp is one of my favorite dragon type Pokémon.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If I was able to pick any Pokemon to be playable, it would probably be Golisopod. While Gengar has been my favorite since the beginning, I already have him in Pokken, so I'm satisfied with that for now. Golisopod represents a whole new generation and has a badass design that would be awesome in Smash. Honorable mention goes out to Cofagrigus, who is also awesome but I'm not sure how he'd work in a game like this.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I need a mini direct next month showing WarioWare Gold and then getting an Ashley reveal at the end.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I need a mini direct next month showing WarioWare Gold and then getting an Ashley reveal at the end.
That's my current theory.
Show off WarioWare Gold in a direct.
Talk about amiibo functionality.
"We have one more thing to show you".
ASHLEY REVEAL!
And top it off with an Ashley amiibo that works with WarioWare and Smash Ultimate!
It would truly be perfect...

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Some people are saying they need to have a direct with WarioWare Gold in it next month, or else they're just setting it up for failure, considering they've only shown it off once.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Some people are saying they need to have a direct with WarioWare Gold in it next month, or else they're just setting it up for failure, considering they've only shown it off once.
I don't really know how you show off WarioWare though. Unless they want to show a story mode trailer or something we know it's micro game craziness.

It'd be a good way to market Ashley, especially if they plan a Smash reveal. And we don't need to repeat how much Japan loves Ashley.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I know they won't change a damn thing about Wario's colors, but instead of the Mario colors he has, can we get the colors from Wario's Woods (NES), and Wario Land 3?

That would be amazing. I guess I'm just grateful we got the shoulder ram dash. And I guess those gold overall buttons could work as an obscure reference to Wario Land II.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom