• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I will make the same mistakes I did during Smash 4 speculation and I will expect a reveal!

Is it happening or will it start soon?
It's happening right now, but won't conclude until tomorrow (except Smash 4 Doubles, which ends tonight).

A reveal isn't likely unless they want to reveal it in the middle of the Melee and Smash 4 tournaments.

That would be kinda funny though, having both games be overshadowed by Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Ultimate.

Is there any validity to these leaks besides “Just believe me” arguments from the supposed leakers?
Besides leaks that give specific dates, assist trophies, stages, items, and the weird "cyan star" thing from Vergeben is a liar, no.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo has never done a reveal for a tournament.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
2008 all Brawl characters confirmed for smash!!! just kidding, like sakurai would ever bring everyone back lol

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
We'll find out if this B&K leak is real or not soon enough. We're just gonna have to wait and see.
With that in mind...
If this leak ends up being real, I will change my avatar to Dora the Explorer until next Friday. You can quote me on that.
This is the first time in a long time that I'm hoping to see Dora the Explorer soon.
Banjo Kazooie in Smash would be a dream come true. One of many.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm getting flashbacks to how long it took for Brawl to come to PAL regions.

URGH!

So many SSE spoilers...

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If they wanted to reveal a character at a fighting game tournament why would they reveal Banjo of all people instead of an actual fighting game character like Heihachi?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Is there any validity to these leaks besides “Just believe me” arguments from the supposed leakers?
Yes, but I can't prove their validity without exposing my sources so you'll just have to believe me.
/s
Is it happening or will it start soon?
It's currently ongoing, here's a link. Even if they were to reveal anything, I wouldn't expect it today, June 30th is the day of Grand Finals and July 1st is the last day of the event, it'd be kinda weird if they revealed anything today, so those'd be the days to look out for.

Also...
I will make the same mistakes I did during Smash 4 speculation and I will expect a reveal!
Please don't do this to yourself lol

D

Deleted member

If they wanted to reveal a character at a fighting game tournament why would they reveal Banjo of all people instead of an actual fighting game character like Heihachi?
Maybe because Heihachi isn't in the game?
Sakurai doesn't add characters based on the timing of their reveal.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So besides the leak brought up previously, I found some more.

Two leaks say Banjo will have a newcomer reveal this afternoon.
Links:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422415325/#422415325
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422440959/#422440959

Other than that, it's the regular s***.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422424310/#422424310
>new characters include crash bandicoot, Ray-man, K rool, Dixie Kong, bandanna dee, Elma, and Dillion
>there will be a story mode but not as big as the subspace Emissary
>smash run will return and can now be played online
> the next direct will show the trailer for Dixie and K rool
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422422276/#422422276
> Smash Bros leaks for you :
> Characters yet to be revealed : Simon Belmont, Rayman, King K. Rool, Elma, Ashley, Chorus, Urbosa (Verg was right about the number of newcomers)
> Echo Fighters : Impa for Sheik, Dark Samus for Samus (Echoes are not much a thing as you thought)
> DLC : A bit to early to know all of them, but Genos and Rex/Pyra seem already confirmed. I'd also say Chrom but it's more a personnal feeling than something that have been confirmed by my sources
> No Waluigi. No Shadow. No Steve. Sorry, pals.
> New stages : A giant ROB, and Dracula's Castle
> About the solo mode, we'll get the Classic, All Star, Target, Events, etc. but also as story mode a bit inbetween Adventure Mode and SSE
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422399985/#422399985
Friendly Smash Bros leaker here. My source is an intern at NoA who got his hands on a demo copy. He doesn't know all the ins and outs but this is what he's seen from the gameplay so far

Newcomers
>King K Rool
>Tetra
>Rayman
>Ashley

Echos
>Black Shadow
>Zeke (of Ike)

He says the roster still has some room to grow so this isnt everyone

Assist Trophies
>Funky Kong
>Clu Clu Land
>Panel de Pon
>9 Volt and 18 Volt
>Mini Master Hand

Stages
>Gamecube
>New Donk City
>Mor Ardain
>Bowser's Castle
>Excitebike Arena

Event Matches are back, and with them are Trophy Battles. The final Trophy Battle can also be unlocked as a strage. Break the Targets is back in its brawl form (different levels for difficulty) as is Home Run. Interestingly, Board the Platforms also returns in a way similar to Target Smash

Single player is currently just Classic mode, but he says it isnt finished yet
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422397973/#422397973
As I'm sure you are aware, the full roster for Smash Ultimate (pre-DLC) is floating around among certain members of the community. I'm just shocked no one has actually leaked it. Obviously I can't give more details as to protect my source, but here it is:

Newcomers
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Ashley
>Decidueye
>Chorus Kids
>Excitebike
>Banjo-Kazooie

Echo Fighters
>Daisy
>Isabelle
>Dark Samus
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong
Ooh, more fun leaks. None sound as much fun as that one from yesterday, but I am liking door number 2 here.

That weird internet outage really did mess things up a bit today. I have so much to catch up on now. Where did this thing come from that we were supposed to have a character reveal today? Seems easy enough to disprove.

What's with these idiots who have nothing better to do that post fake leaks. Do people really fall for this ****?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm getting flashbacks to how long it took for Brawl to come to PAL regions.

URGH!

So many SSE spoilers...
Those spoilers were the reason why Smash 4 had no story mode and that was sad

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's happening right now, but won't conclude until tomorrow (except Smash 4 Doubles, which ends tonight).

A reveal isn't likely unless they want to reveal it in the middle of the Melee and Smash 4 tournaments.

That would be kinda funny though, having both games be overshadowed by Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Ultimate.

Besides leaks that give specific dates, assist trophies, stages, items, and the weird "cyan star" thing from Vergeben is a liar, no.
So it’s merely to pass away the time. I imagine the leakers wants to become famous...in a Smash speculation sense.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So besides the leak brought up previously, I found some more.

Two leaks say Banjo will have a newcomer reveal this afternoon.
Links:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422415325/#422415325
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422440959/#422440959

Other than that, it's the regular s***.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422424310/#422424310
>new characters include crash bandicoot, Ray-man, K rool, Dixie Kong, bandanna dee, Elma, and Dillion
>there will be a story mode but not as big as the subspace Emissary
>smash run will return and can now be played online
> the next direct will show the trailer for Dixie and K rool
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422422276/#422422276
> Smash Bros leaks for you :
> Characters yet to be revealed : Simon Belmont, Rayman, King K. Rool, Elma, Ashley, Chorus, Urbosa (Verg was right about the number of newcomers)
> Echo Fighters : Impa for Sheik, Dark Samus for Samus (Echoes are not much a thing as you thought)
> DLC : A bit to early to know all of them, but Genos and Rex/Pyra seem already confirmed. I'd also say Chrom but it's more a personnal feeling than something that have been confirmed by my sources
> No Waluigi. No Shadow. No Steve. Sorry, pals.
> New stages : A giant ROB, and Dracula's Castle
> About the solo mode, we'll get the Classic, All Star, Target, Events, etc. but also as story mode a bit inbetween Adventure Mode and SSE
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422399985/#422399985
Friendly Smash Bros leaker here. My source is an intern at NoA who got his hands on a demo copy. He doesn't know all the ins and outs but this is what he's seen from the gameplay so far

Newcomers
>King K Rool
>Tetra
>Rayman
>Ashley

Echos
>Black Shadow
>Zeke (of Ike)

He says the roster still has some room to grow so this isnt everyone

Assist Trophies
>Funky Kong
>Clu Clu Land
>Panel de Pon
>9 Volt and 18 Volt
>Mini Master Hand

Stages
>Gamecube
>New Donk City
>Mor Ardain
>Bowser's Castle
>Excitebike Arena

Event Matches are back, and with them are Trophy Battles. The final Trophy Battle can also be unlocked as a strage. Break the Targets is back in its brawl form (different levels for difficulty) as is Home Run. Interestingly, Board the Platforms also returns in a way similar to Target Smash

Single player is currently just Classic mode, but he says it isnt finished yet
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422397973/#422397973
As I'm sure you are aware, the full roster for Smash Ultimate (pre-DLC) is floating around among certain members of the community. I'm just shocked no one has actually leaked it. Obviously I can't give more details as to protect my source, but here it is:

Newcomers
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Ashley
>Decidueye
>Chorus Kids
>Excitebike
>Banjo-Kazooie

Echo Fighters
>Daisy
>Isabelle
>Dark Samus
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong
Hey I suggested a Giant ROB as a stage. Are they spying on the boards or am I a wizard with incredible predictive powers?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, I’d like a Gyromite stage instead. A straight up rip is fine with me as it would still work:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
That doesn't make sense at all.
CEO is an fgc event. If they wanted to make a reveal at an fgc event why wouldn't they want to get the attention of the fgc by announcing a character that is popular within the fgc? Banjo mostly appeals to casual Nintendo fans. That's why I'm sure Banjo or anyone else other than a fighting game character wouldn't get announced at CEO.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
CEO is an fgc event. If they wanted to make a reveal at an fgc event why wouldn't they want to get the attention of the fgc by announcing a character that is popular within the fgc? Banjo mostly appeals to casual Nintendo fans. That's why I'm sure Banjo or anyone else other than a fighting game character wouldn't get announced at CEO.
Ryu wasn’t announced at a an event like CEO or EVO, so that kinda hinders your logic

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Hey I suggested a Giant ROB as a stage. Are they spying on the boards or am I a wizard with incredible predictive powers?
I'm pretty sure they spy on the board, ive suggested stuff and then had a "leak" within 24 hours of that post include the suggestion. I also see plenty of 4chan posts with information discerned from this board.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ryu wasn’t announced at a an event like CEO or EVO, so that kinda hinders your logic
The point is that there's no reason to announce anything at CEO unless it's a popular fighting game character. I'm not saying Heihachi or any other fighting game character is definitely in the game, and I doubt anything interesting will be revealed at CEO anyway.

Not to mention Ryu is pretty well-known among casual Nintendo fans too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was going to say "that's not how it works" again, but then I had a realization and I am suddenly setting myself up for disappointment
OH NO.PNG

i will never forgive you if this doesn't happen today

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-HUH!

I can see Ken as a Clone (because that's what he is in Street Fighter). That's it. Every other Guest should have more effort put into them.

Okay, I quoted you. What do I win?
jk I know what you meant.
"Guh Huh"? What does that mean

Enchess

Smash Lord
This argument is so stupid it hurts.

People seem to forget that back in the 1990s, third party support for Nintendo was huge. Mega Man, Castlevania, or even the FINAL FANTASY games wouldn't be what they were had it not been for their games being on Nintendo's consoles.

Cloud is the literal antithesis to Nintendo. He represents FINAL FANTASY VII on the PlayStation, which started Nintendo losing the console wars to Sony for a long, looooong time. Sonic used to be Mario's biggest rival, and is now his biggest ally. ****, we're at a point where we can have characters like Bomberman appear as ASSIST TROPHIES! Let that sink in.

All of you complaining about third parties on the basis of "muh Nintendo crossover game" need to ****ing realized we've crossed that line back in Brawl, amd now the series is at a point where Sakurai said it was the biggest crossover in the video game industry. He directly states it's no longer just a celebration of Nintendo's history, it's a celebration of GAMING AS A WHOLE. Let alone the fact that any third party character can make a Smash game sell more than it already would have.

I'm sorry for venting about this but it REALLY pisses me off when people go all Nintendo elitist.

View attachment 150758
Chill out. Honestly if Smash isn't about Nintendo there's no reason to have the majority of the cast. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend Shulk, Captain Falcon, Martha, and Ness are general gaming icons. They are Nintendo icons. Smash is a great Nintendo crossover. It's a lousy general gaming crossover.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Chill out. Honestly if Smash isn't about Nintendo there's no reason to have the majority of the cast. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend Shulk, Captain Falcon, Martha, and Ness are general gaming icons. They are Nintendo icons. Smash is a great Nintendo crossover. It's a lousy general gaming crossover.
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure what that chart means or what you're trying to say with it. Explain please?
It's a Pokken tier list.
Decidueye places pretty high on that tier list. I think this qualifies as a "popular fighting game character".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm pretty sure they spy on the board, ive suggested stuff and then had a "leak" within 24 hours of that post include the suggestion. I also see plenty of 4chan posts with information discerned from this board.
Sounds about right but I'm gonna stick to the one that says I'm an oracle until otherwise disproven.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
It's a Pokken tier list.
Decidueye places pretty high on that tier list. I think this qualifies as a "popular fighting game character".
I really don't think being high-mid tier in a niche fighting spin-off of another franchise that has a small active playerbase and basically no major tournament appearances counts as being a "popular fighting game character".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The point is that there's no reason to announce anything at CEO unless it's a popular fighting game character. I'm not saying Heihachi or any other fighting game character is definitely in the game, and I doubt anything interesting will be revealed at CEO anyway.

Ryu is well known to everyone, but I do see where you’re coming from

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

They announced Pac-Man behind closed doors so honestly I’m not even going to pretend that all of their reveal times make sense.

D

Deleted member

I really don't think being high-mid tier in a niche fighting spin-off of another franchise that has a small active playerbase and basically no major tournament appearances counts as being a "popular fighting game character".
Shhhhh
Leave me to my delusions

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If anything, we may get Pokken DLC pack 3 announced with Tsareena and Venusaur or Slazzle and Swampert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom