• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

no smash game has ever pushed one characters inclusion in the base roster as a selling point.
It's funny because I used to own a copy of Brawl, and I'm pretty sure Sonic and Snake were listed as one of the game's highlights at the back of the box.
In other words, your statement is incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ah, I see that this 4chan-goer realizes that the Zekenator is what we truly need to make this game ultimate!
Are they talking about "Zeke", as in Camus?
But... he's a Paladin. He rides a horse.
Is there another Zeke I'm unaware of?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So besides the leak brought up previously, I found some more.

Two leaks say Banjo will have a newcomer reveal this afternoon.
Links:https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422415325/#422415325
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422440959/#422440959

Other than that, it's the regular s***.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422424310/#422424310
>new characters include crash bandicoot, Ray-man, K rool, Dixie Kong, bandanna dee, Elma, and Dillion
>there will be a story mode but not as big as the subspace Emissary
>smash run will return and can now be played online
> the next direct will show the trailer for Dixie and K rool
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422422276/#422422276
> Smash Bros leaks for you :
> Characters yet to be revealed : Simon Belmont, Rayman, King K. Rool, Elma, Ashley, Chorus, Urbosa (Verg was right about the number of newcomers)
> Echo Fighters : Impa for Sheik, Dark Samus for Samus (Echoes are not much a thing as you thought)
> DLC : A bit to early to know all of them, but Genos and Rex/Pyra seem already confirmed. I'd also say Chrom but it's more a personnal feeling than something that have been confirmed by my sources
> No Waluigi. No Shadow. No Steve. Sorry, pals.
> New stages : A giant ROB, and Dracula's Castle
> About the solo mode, we'll get the Classic, All Star, Target, Events, etc. but also as story mode a bit inbetween Adventure Mode and SSE
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422399985/#422399985
Friendly Smash Bros leaker here. My source is an intern at NoA who got his hands on a demo copy. He doesn't know all the ins and outs but this is what he's seen from the gameplay so far

Newcomers
>King K Rool
>Tetra
>Rayman
>Ashley

Echos
>Black Shadow
>Zeke (of Ike)

He says the roster still has some room to grow so this isnt everyone

Assist Trophies
>Funky Kong
>Clu Clu Land
>Panel de Pon
>9 Volt and 18 Volt
>Mini Master Hand

Stages
>Gamecube
>New Donk City
>Mor Ardain
>Bowser's Castle
>Excitebike Arena

Event Matches are back, and with them are Trophy Battles. The final Trophy Battle can also be unlocked as a strage. Break the Targets is back in its brawl form (different levels for difficulty) as is Home Run. Interestingly, Board the Platforms also returns in a way similar to Target Smash

Single player is currently just Classic mode, but he says it isnt finished yet
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422397973/#422397973
As I'm sure you are aware, the full roster for Smash Ultimate (pre-DLC) is floating around among certain members of the community. I'm just shocked no one has actually leaked it. Obviously I can't give more details as to protect my source, but here it is:

Newcomers
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Ashley
>Decidueye
>Chorus Kids
>Excitebike
>Banjo-Kazooie

Echo Fighters
>Daisy
>Isabelle
>Dark Samus
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong
>Zeke, a echo fighter of Ike

If this is the one from XB2

LOOOOOOL, while it's obvious while it wouldn't work, if Zeke was to ever be a echo fighter, he would be one to Cloud, since Zeke & Cloud share the same fight pose along other thing.

But hey, still gave me a chuckle, so maybe Knuckles might be in this game as a echo fighter of Ganondorf.:ultduckhunt:

Last edited:

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
Damn the stupid leaks getting me excited and whatnot. Banjo is probably my second most wanted, behind paper mario. I know it's super unlikely but it's nice to dream about. It is crazy how many leaks are made every day lmao. Can't be surprised though, I made my own back before Smash 4 cause I was bored one day and wanted to see how many people I could fool

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
hey just wanted to give you props, i see you leak hunting a LOT and I thank you for it!

Although of course 99.9999% of them are fake we wont know the real ones if we dont looks at all the leaks so seriously thank you for doing the research and bringing us these all the time!
Thank you. I truly appreciate it. It gets draining at times, even if I have the ability to search out posts (thankfully I don't have to troll around 4chan looking for leaks). The rate at which these are churned out are ridiculous. It's kinda like this:

So thank you, any amount of praise helps.

Ah, I see that this 4chan-goer realizes that the Zekenator is what we truly need to make this game ultimate!
Honestly having Zeke in the game would be great. I didn't know I needed this until now.

Damn the stupid leaks getting me excited and whatnot. Banjo is probably my second most wanted, behind paper mario. I know it's super unlikely but it's nice to dream about. It is crazy how many leaks are made every day lmao. Can't be surprised though, I made my own back before Smash 4 cause I was bored one day and wanted to see how many people I could fool
At least two Banjo leaks are put to rest today.

Or confirmed but likely dead.

Last edited:

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
Do you remember the contents of the leak? How many did you fool, if any?
All I remember was saying Paper Mario was a character and that there was a bowser's castle stage. I did actually correctly predict Snake was being removed too if I recall correctly. I put a lot of thought into it actually and definitely had a pretty large thread on 4chan but I never really saw it much after that. I also wasn't that hyped for smash 4 so I didn't hang around this place or /v/ much so idk maybe some other people floated it around a bit haha

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So besides the leak brought up previously, I found some more.

Two leaks say Banjo will have a newcomer reveal this afternoon.
Links:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422415325/#422415325
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422440959/#422440959

Other than that, it's the regular s***.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422424310/#422424310
>new characters include crash bandicoot, Ray-man, K rool, Dixie Kong, bandanna dee, Elma, and Dillion
>there will be a story mode but not as big as the subspace Emissary
>smash run will return and can now be played online
> the next direct will show the trailer for Dixie and K rool
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422422276/#422422276
> Smash Bros leaks for you :
> Characters yet to be revealed : Simon Belmont, Rayman, King K. Rool, Elma, Ashley, Chorus, Urbosa (Verg was right about the number of newcomers)
> Echo Fighters : Impa for Sheik, Dark Samus for Samus (Echoes are not much a thing as you thought)
> DLC : A bit to early to know all of them, but Genos and Rex/Pyra seem already confirmed. I'd also say Chrom but it's more a personnal feeling than something that have been confirmed by my sources
> No Waluigi. No Shadow. No Steve. Sorry, pals.
> New stages : A giant ROB, and Dracula's Castle
> About the solo mode, we'll get the Classic, All Star, Target, Events, etc. but also as story mode a bit inbetween Adventure Mode and SSE
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422399985/#422399985
Friendly Smash Bros leaker here. My source is an intern at NoA who got his hands on a demo copy. He doesn't know all the ins and outs but this is what he's seen from the gameplay so far

Newcomers
>King K Rool
>Tetra
>Rayman
>Ashley

Echos
>Black Shadow
>Zeke (of Ike)

He says the roster still has some room to grow so this isnt everyone

Assist Trophies
>Funky Kong
>Clu Clu Land
>Panel de Pon
>9 Volt and 18 Volt
>Mini Master Hand

Stages
>Gamecube
>New Donk City
>Mor Ardain
>Bowser's Castle
>Excitebike Arena

Event Matches are back, and with them are Trophy Battles. The final Trophy Battle can also be unlocked as a strage. Break the Targets is back in its brawl form (different levels for difficulty) as is Home Run. Interestingly, Board the Platforms also returns in a way similar to Target Smash

Single player is currently just Classic mode, but he says it isnt finished yet
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422397973/#422397973
As I'm sure you are aware, the full roster for Smash Ultimate (pre-DLC) is floating around among certain members of the community. I'm just shocked no one has actually leaked it. Obviously I can't give more details as to protect my source, but here it is:

Newcomers
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Ashley
>Decidueye
>Chorus Kids
>Excitebike
>Banjo-Kazooie

Echo Fighters
>Daisy
>Isabelle
>Dark Samus
>Shadow
>Dixie Kong
Having the glory of the Bringer of Chaos in Smash is way too good to ever happen.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
That's welcoming cross-play with open arms. Really not the same thing. Smash still is at its core about Nintendo history and Banjo matters a lot more to that than Minecraft does.
This argument is so stupid it hurts.

People seem to forget that back in the 1990s, third party support for Nintendo was huge. Mega Man, Castlevania, or even the FINAL FANTASY games wouldn't be what they were had it not been for their games being on Nintendo's consoles.

Cloud is the literal antithesis to Nintendo. He represents FINAL FANTASY VII on the PlayStation, which started Nintendo losing the console wars to Sony for a long, looooong time. Sonic used to be Mario's biggest rival, and is now his biggest ally. ****, we're at a point where we can have characters like Bomberman appear as ASSIST TROPHIES! Let that sink in.

All of you complaining about third parties on the basis of "muh Nintendo crossover game" need to ****ing realized we've crossed that line back in Brawl, amd now the series is at a point where Sakurai said it was the biggest crossover in the video game industry. He directly states it's no longer just a celebration of Nintendo's history, it's a celebration of GAMING AS A WHOLE. Let alone the fact that any third party character can make a Smash game sell more than it already would have.

I'm sorry for venting about this but it REALLY pisses me off when people go all Nintendo elitist.
i dont think this is how the younger audience sees the game at all. to younger people and casual smash fans smash sells itself. characters being included or not is much bigger to the bigger videogame fans. but when a new smash game is announced and released its one of the few games that auto generate massive sales even when marekwting from nintendo has been spotty in the past. no smash game has ever pushed one characters inclusion in the base roster as a selling point.
20180629_154949.jpg

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Got bored so i was looking at the coding for smash's new website and found this.
Cookie notes you hide for smash confirmed.

All joking aside, no idea why that's there xD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Are they talking about "Zeke", as in Camus?
But... he's a Paladin. He rides a horse.
Is there another Zeke I'm unaware of?
Dammit now I want Camus in Smash somehow.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sonic used to be Mario's biggest rival, and is now his biggest ally. ****, we're at a point where we can have characters like Bomberman appear as ASSIST TROPHIES! Let that sink in.

All of you complaining about third parties on the basis of "muh Nintendo crossover game" need to ****ing realized we've crossed that line back in Brawl, amd now the series is at a point where Sakurai said it was the biggest crossover in the video game industry. He directly states it's no longer just a celebration of Nintendo's history, it's a celebration of GAMING AS A WHOLE. Let alone the fact that any third party character can make a Smash game sell more than it already would have.
Which is why we should have Crash in Smash!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Leaks are getting to the point that whenever an anniversary is near, a Smash leak will be present based on that information to push people's hype buttons. Honestly, I would take those B&K leaks with a grain of salt. But we will see what happens.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
You just hurt your own argument by posting that screenshot. They call third parties "Guest Fighters"

If the game wasn't still primarily about Nintendo then why would they call them that? 3rd Parties only make up around like 5% of the roster. It's mostly Nintendo.
Because "Guest Characters" is Smash's official term for third parties.

EDIT: also that is factually false. The third parties in Smash 4 take up 12%.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Leaks are getting to the point that whenever an anniversary is near, a Smash leak will be present based on that information to push people's hype buttons. Honestly, I would take those B&K leaks with a grain of salt. But we will see what happens.
That's true. I'm not betting my money on it. not a big Banjo and Kazooie fan, so if they don't get in, I'm fine with that, but they could make a nifty moveset if they do make it

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that they're 'Guests' is the sole reason I doubt we'll get 3rd Party Echoes.

Making a guest into a glorified alt skin isn't very host-like of you.

D

Deleted member

We'll find out if this B&K leak is real or not soon enough. We're just gonna have to wait and see.
With that in mind...
If this leak ends up being real, I will change my avatar to Dora the Explorer until next Friday. You can quote me on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's true. I'm not betting my money on it. not a big Banjo and Kazooie fan, so if they don't get in, I'm fine with that, but they could make a nifty moveset if they do make it
Guh-HUH!
The fact that they're 'Guests' is the sole reason I doubt we'll get 3rd Party Echoes.

Making a guest into a glorified alt skin isn't very host-like of you.
I can see Ken as a Clone (because that's what he is in Street Fighter). That's it. Every other Guest should have more effort put into them.
If this leak ends up being real, I will change my avatar to Dora the Explorer. You can quote me on that.
Okay, I quoted you. What do I win?
jk I know what you meant.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I just can't see Banjo-Kazooie happening if the roster was finalized in 2015, as much as I want them in.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Happy :metaknight: Page everyone.
What exactly is happening today? A competitive event or something?

And when exactly?
CEO (really big fighting game tournament) has another demo of Smash Ultimate and some people are expecting a reveal to take place there.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Happy :metaknight: Page everyone.

CEO (really big fighting game tournament) has another demo of Smash Ultimate and some people are expecting a reveal to take place there.
I will make the same mistakes I did during Smash 4 speculation and I will expect a reveal!

Is it happening or will it start soon?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is there any validity to these leaks besides “Just believe me” arguments from the supposed leakers?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I find it very doubtful they'll announce anything at CEO, it's still so early since the game's official unveiling, and I really don't expect Nintendo to ever reveal a fighter at a tournament, not even when we get to EVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom