• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Just watched NGameTheCube’s video on his predicted characters.

He predicted Chrom as an echo for Ike, as Ike’s Chrom costume was removed, and Robin’s Final Smash has yet to be shown.

He predicted Shadow as an echo for Sonic, as his assist trophy hasn’t been shown, and Knuckles has been shown as a Sonic assist trophy.

He predicted Dark Samus as an echo for Samus, as her Dark samus outfit was removed and the assist trophy has yet to be shown.

He predicted Isabelle based on popularity and her assist trophy not being shown and popularity.

And Simon Belmont because Bomberman is an assist trophy.

These all seem pretty logical except maybe Isabelle, who I can still see the logic behind it.

Are Shadow Link/Shadow Toon Link still available as costumes?
We've seen one of Dark Young Link at least. Not sure about Dark Toon Link. The only other possibility there's no Dark Samus color is that characters have 16 colors instead of 8 now.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Using the fact that alt costumes/skins weren’t in the demo is a fallacy in itself.

For a more obvious example, Meta Ridley was shown in the trailer, but was not available in the game. Does this mean the Meta Ridley costume isn’t in Smash? Of course not. It just wasn’t in the demo.

Likewise, Mario didn’t have his Fire Mario costume in the demo. Does that mean Fire Mario isn’t in the game? Again, of course not. It is, it just wasn’t in the demo.

This also applies to Assist Trophies. Considering Knuckles functions differently from Shadow, there’s no reason to think Shadow was replaced by Knuckles when they could easily coexist.

In Wii U, there was no sign of Isaac as an Assist trophy. If it was assumed that Isaac was playable, those assuming that he was playable were unfortunately wrong.

It’s waaaaaaay too earlier to make these calls. If Robin has a different final smash, then I think there’s a reasonable chance of Chrom being playable. The absence of the color scheme is not a reason to expect Chrom because it could still easily be in the game.

Likewise, Ashley, Shadow, Isabelle, and Skull Kid not being in the demo means effectively nothing at this point because we don’t know at least 20-25 Assist Trophies or something like that.

Frankly, saying something that’s missing from the demo confirms something is like saying that any character not on the roster in the demo is not playable. That’s nonsense, especially because we KNOW there is more content. There’s no reason to think differently with Assist Trophies, Stages, Music, Items, and costumes.
Thank you. Louder for the people in the back.

I don’t use Isabelle missing from the Assist Trophies in my support of her being playable. I just think/hope she will be, and I’m fully prepared to be wrong if and when the time comes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So if they are not in demo, especially conspicuous ones like Ashley and Shadow who are among first AT to come to mind when concept is mentioned, it does bode well for those characters.
That's not boding well, that's creating false hope. If they do make it through, good for them. If it turns out they weren't shown just for not being shown, then man will they look silly. Embarrass

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Page 1993. The year Star Fox released for the SNES.

Slippy confirmed.

Edit: Dammit. This got rolled over onto page 1994.

Ok so question. A Bethesda character gets in. Who would you rather it be?

The Wanderer - Fallout
The Doom Slayer - Doom
The Dragonborn - Skyrim

Me, personally, I'd prefer the Doom Slayer.
Doomslayer has more history with Nintendo, but I think he'd be better suited for a game like Mortal Kombat.

I'm sure they could make him work, though.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
That's not boding well, that's creating false hope. If they do make it through, good for them. If it turns out they weren't shown just for not being shown, then man will they look silly. Embarrass
It does if they were a character that seemed like they had a decent chance before E3. Dark Samus is a great example. I think a lot of people thought she was likely. The fact that Samus lost (at least in demo) her Dark Samus alt and Dark Samus is yet to be seen as an AT makes it more likely she's in. There's no reason to remove such a well-loved alt for Samus. Even if it's just for an E3 demo, it's just weird that they'd chose to include the new dark color scheme over the one that people liked specifically because it made her resemble Dark Samus.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Using the fact that alt costumes/skins weren’t in the demo is a fallacy in itself.

For a more obvious example, Meta Ridley was shown in the trailer, but was not available in the game. Does this mean the Meta Ridley costume isn’t in Smash? Of course not. It just wasn’t in the demo.

Likewise, Mario didn’t have his Fire Mario costume in the demo. Does that mean Fire Mario isn’t in the game? Again, of course not. It is, it just wasn’t in the demo.

This also applies to Assist Trophies. Considering Knuckles functions differently from Shadow, there’s no reason to think Shadow was replaced by Knuckles when they could easily coexist.

In Wii U, there was no sign of Isaac as an Assist trophy. If it was assumed that Isaac was playable, those assuming that he was playable were unfortunately wrong.

It’s waaaaaaay too earlier to make these calls. If Robin has a different final smash, then I think there’s a reasonable chance of Chrom being playable. The absence of the color scheme is not a reason to expect Chrom because it could still easily be in the game.

Likewise, Ashley, Shadow, Isabelle, and Skull Kid not being in the demo means effectively nothing at this point because we don’t know at least 20-25 Assist Trophies or something like that.

Frankly, saying something that’s missing from the demo confirms something is like saying that any character not on the roster in the demo is not playable. That’s nonsense, especially because we KNOW there is more content. There’s no reason to think differently with Assist Trophies, Stages, Music, Items, and costumes.
I agree, however if true I'm curious about something. While it has not been confirmed nor denied yet do you think it's plausible that Meta Ridley, Builder Mario and Wedding Mario are unlockable costumes? It's possible the 2 Mario costumes were just unlocked for the purposes of the demo (since they were shown in the Direct) and will be unlockable in the final game. Just a guess and might explain some things (like why those costumes have so much more detail than other characters alts for instance) more clearly.

Noipoi

Howdy!

LET ME DREAM FOR ASHLEY DAMMIT

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Guys it's the 90s. Every page is gunna be a classic game release year lol

(I didn't see anyone mention any nes classics in the 80's. What happened there???)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Guys it's the 90s. Every page is gunna be a classic game release year lol

(I didn't see anyone mention any nes classics in the 80's. What happened there???)
I was going to say something about my birth year in the 80s but I wasnt paying attention and it went past it...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Posting on the DKC page in honor of a certain big 'ol royal green boi. Keep hype alive!

Edit: The next two pages are *also* DKC release pages!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hello guys!

I almost made a post on page 1990 about it being my birth year, but I decided to not spam... so here we are.

Also, Celica is my most wanted FE newcomer now that Lyn is sadly out of the picture... Though I wouldn't mind Azura, Alm, or Micaiah (which probs won't happen).
Damn! I always arrived late when you start your FE Smash Talks hahaha xDU

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Two new leaks. Both are...interesting to say the least.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422333705/#422333705
Since someone partially leaked the game somewhat accurately here recently (not 100%, maybe to protect themselves) I'm going to shed some light on some details of the game. Feel free to ask any questions you might have ONLY on what's below.

1. Simon Belmont is indeed in the game. He fights on Dracula's Castle as his home stage, where Dracula is a stage hazard.

2. Instead of coin blaster and trophy rush, there is a mode called "Smash Lanes" which functions as a strange version of bowling. You earn more trophies by hitting pins with point multipliers, and every X amount of points the pins glow gold and are worth triple.

3. King K. Rool is also included as a playable character

4. There are unlockable costumes for every character - Dry Bowser and Meta Ridley are both unlockable costumes

5. Minecraft's Steve is an assist trophy

6. King Hippo is another brand new fighter - yes his pants fall down in a taunt

7. There are over 1,100 trophies total in the game to collect and view.

8. Smash Run returns with 3 different maps

9. There is a funny stage on a gigantic ROB where his arms move up and down

10. Adventure mode comes back in a style in-between melee and brawl, with some cutscenes and series-specific stages. Some are not represented, such as Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt.

11. There are three more echo fighters left to be revealed - Dark Samus, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Metal Mario

12. Metal Mario's N64 stage comes back along with N64 Kongo Jungle and N64 Peach's Castle. Brinstar and Sector Z do not return.

I'd actually be kind of mad if King Hippo was actually in the game. Like, why?

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422328171/#422328171
Newcomers: K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Zeraora
Echoes: Dark Samus, Blood Falcon, Dixie Kong, Isabelle
DLC Newcomers: Wreck-It-Ralph (W H Y), Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot
DLC Echoes: Shadow

I'd also be kind of mad if Wreck-It-Ralph was actually in the game. If Nintendo is going to negotiate with Disney, why not go for Sora, a popular video game character who would fit well in Smash Bros?

It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Come on anon, I know you're looking at this. Step it up and give us something decent.

On another note, 100 different characters have been referenced in 56 different 4chan leaks. Of those, the top three are King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and a Pokemon character (combined references of all Pokemon characters). Following that are Dark Samus and Dixie Kong. Those five characters are the only five to have been mentioned 20 times or more.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Since someone partially leaked the game somewhat accurately here recently (not 100%, maybe to protect themselves) I'm going to shed some light on some details of the game. Feel free to ask any questions you might have ONLY on what's below.

1. Simon Belmont is indeed in the game. He fights on Dracula's Castle as his home stage, where Dracula is a stage hazard.

2. Instead of coin blaster and trophy rush, there is a mode called "Smash Lanes" which functions as a strange version of bowling. You earn more trophies by hitting pins with point multipliers, and every X amount of points the pins glow gold and are worth triple.

4. There are unlockable costumes for every character - Dry Bowser and Meta Ridley are both unlockable costumes

10. Adventure mode comes back in a style in-between melee and brawl, with some cutscenes and series-specific stages. Some are not represented, such as Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt.

11. There are three more echo fighters left to be revealed - Dark Samus, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Metal Mario

12. Metal Mario's N64 stage comes back along with N64 Kongo Jungle and N64 Peach's Castle. Brinstar and Sector Z do not return.

DLC Newcomers: Wreck-It-Ralph (W H Y), Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot

I'd also be kind of mad if Wreck-It-Ralph was actually in the game. If Nintendo is going to negotiate with Disney, why not go for Sora, a popular video game character who would fit well in Smash Bros?

Come on anon, I know you're looking at this. Step it up and give us something decent.

On another note, 100 different characters have been referenced in 56 different 4chan leaks. Of those, the top three are King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and a Pokemon character (combined references of all Pokemon characters). Following that are Dark Samus and Dixie Kong. Those five characters are the only five to have been mentioned 20 times or more.

I'd LOVE King Hippo but i'm a huge Punch-Out!! fan...and with sakurai saying not many more newcomers, I'd rather have more deserving/fan favorites get in the game. But in a perfect world with 100+ character smash roster, I'd be all about King Hippo as a playable punch-out!! villain.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Don't these leakers realise that Metal Mario as a player is IMPOSSIBLE?
What happens if regular Mario picks up a Metal Box while fighting Metal Mario, hmm?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Yea but however those characters have reasons to be possible but I do agree with what you say to too soon to be concluded

But two I want to point out

Ashley is likely because Japan wants her and high moveset potential she could be the little mac of smash ultimate

For shadow answer this had a character from a third party series have more than 1 assist trophy? So why knuckles and shadow could easily be a sonic echo and plus isn't he just a clone stop watch item in the series

monadoboy

Smash Lord

If the "has to be from vidya" rule is broken for anyone not Goku I might cry.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that Metal Mario was a boss character 2 times in a row in Smash before being dropped in Brawl. Weird.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd be... okay with Ralph. But I'd look at him and think "Why not Sora?" almost all the time.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just realized that Metal Mario was a boss character 2 times in a row in Smash before being dropped in Brawl. Weird.
To be fair, he was only dropped because they pretty much realized "Oh wait, everyone can be Metal" which kinda defeated the purpose.

Obviously Mario is the defacto Metal, but still.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Why does most leaks include Metal Mario for some reason?

Also DLC is planned ALREADY? I’d rather not have paid DLC day 1.

Troykv

Smash Master

Goodness; The leaks had go too far this time; this already feels like trolling xD.

Some troll in internet please would do a "leak" that reference Micaiah in some way? I would like to have a few laughs and hopes regarding how the sittuation would be explained.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Because you fight a metal anybody in Classic Mode.

Anyway, like others have said, they can't do Metal Mario because of the Metal Cap item. Unless they got rid of it. Which I doubt.

KMDP

Smash Legend
About leak 2 there, if you're going to take the time to make Shadow a DLC character, why, oh why, would you MAKE HIM A DAMN ECHO?

I think I'm having an aneurysm out of sheer stupidity.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Any new information would be pretty darn sweet about now.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
About leak 2 there, if you're going to take the time to make Shadow a DLC character, why, oh why, would you MAKE HIM A DAMN ECHO?
Why would you make someone who has a whole gallery of weapons to choose from an Echo? :4darkpit: Sakurai does what he pleases.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mother 2 is one of my all-time favorite games.

On that note, happy to see that the Chosen Four are all in Smash in some way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
11. There are three more echo fighters left to be revealed - Metal Mario.
Metal Mario is cool as a special boss in single player modes, but it'd be stupid to give him the Mario Kart treatment.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why would you make someone who has a whole gallery of weapons to choose from an Echo? :4darkpit: Sakurai does what he pleases.
In the context of what you're quoting, It's not making Shadow an echo (I'd ultimately be fine with that), it's the notion of making Shadow an Echo as DLC that annoys me.
Either way, I was overblowing my reaction for comedy, sorry if it fell flat for you.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Leak 1: already failed he claimed brinstar is not returning in Ridleys background stage is Brinstar (unless he ment Planet Zebes though) and also metal Mario can be just achieved with the metal box item and he claimed exactly 1,100 you've already lost exact number things are always wrong in leaks

Leak 2 instatious confirmed fake again

Blood falcon over black shadow nope.
Chibi-robo is a dead series the retros are historical chibi is not historical enough for that zone

The only good thing I see both involve king k rool

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Ugh... rotten leaks. The former just reeks of piggybacking (we've seen every single one of these concepts, notably the bowling thing, the ROB stage, and Metal Mario as an echo, implicated in other popular leaks except maybe King Hippo?), while the latter is just plain unrealistic (why would they have five entire DLC newcomers planned out before release, and why Wreck-It Ralph, of all people, as the first?). These people really need to try harder if they want to entertain us.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Holy crap, I didn't even think of King Hippo as a Smash fighter. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

I mean, he would fit with the other characters pretty well.

Still, that "leak" doesn't have Geno. Sad face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom