• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Saw a newcomer thread about the Pro Wrestlers, and I never realized how I forgot Pro Wrestling. Star Man/The Amazon's pretty cool though.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I still fail to see how a leak that got all except two things wrong, with those last two things having official information suggesting/stating outright they were at least on the initial draft, was fake.
That one was wrong, not necessarily fake. As far as I know we don't have any confirmation that Chorus Kids were planned. I know Chrom was considered though. I'll give that Gematsu leak source likely did have official information, but even with that it was wrong on its most ambitious claim.

I don't think Vergeben is anywhere near the level off knowledge and accuracy the Gematsu leak was though. If Minecraft or Simon confirmed, I'll start to take it seriously.

So is there any reason to believe this puzzle leak is more credible than any other basic 4chan leak? I ask because way more people are commenting on it.
No, but it's fun compared to standard 4chan leaks since it requires an effort on the reader's part.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So is there any reason to believe this puzzle leak is more credible than any other basic 4chan leak? I ask because way more people are commenting on it.
Making your """leaks""" a treasure hunt attracts more attention.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We don't have any reason to believe it over any other leak that's come out of 4chan, it's just more fun to speculate on it because we can try to figure out which characters the leak is hinting at.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There's no reason to believe it, people just want to work out who they're talking about for chronicling purposes.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Page 1992, huh? That was the year Fire Emblem Gaiden came out, and Celica made her debut. :p

To make this more than just spam, how would you all feel if Celica were to be revealed as a newcomer next?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, I expect either of them to show up someday, at least in Smash 6.

Speaking of stars, this is now the Kirby's Dream Land (1992) page.
Remind me when we get to page 1995. Yoshi's Island...

Also, Pro Wrestling completely slipped my mind when talking about retro inclusions.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever actually leaked information in puzzle format lol? It's the ultimate bait.
If I ever become a leaker, I pledge that I will leak in puzzle format. Now you will always have a tiny bit of uncertainty of if a leak is fake just because it's in puzzle format.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Page 1992, huh? That was the year Fire Emblem Gaiden came out, and Celica made her debut. :p

To make this more than just spam, how would you all feel if Celica were to be revealed as a newcomer next?
I really dislike Celica as a character and I would prefer it if there weren't anymore FE characters but if there needs to be one more, I can't think of a better choice. I'd be find with it because she looks cool and would probably play interestingly.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's really weird to see Ashley pop up in a lot of "leaks" now. It's more notable to me when a so called leaker doesn't have her. Which is of course the fake leaks. :smash:

Enchess

Smash Lord
It's really weird to see Ashley pop up in a lot of "leaks" now. It's more notable to me when a so called leaker doesn't have her. Which is of course the fake leaks. :smash:
Well, the tarot card reading did say she was a shoe in. Does that count as a leak?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

At least it's not Nu-FE, though her popularity would likely stem from the NU-Remake. :p I'd prefer Hector but Celica's fine.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The leakers have come to their senses. They know Ashley is hella likely for this game, so they have to add her if they want their leak to be even remotely believable. :p

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I won't believe any leak that claims to know the entire final roster this early. If it's a month before the game's release. Then maybe.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay, someone remind me, because I can't for the life of me remember.

Back during 4's Build up, did characters like :4littlemac: and :rosalina: have ANY build up to their reveals? Or did they really just drop out of nowhere? I know most veterans didn't, but I mean newcomers. Like, any hints at all that there were characters coming soon either officially or unofficially? I know characters like Robin had a stream and a lot of others were shown off in directs/events, but yeah.
Definitely out of nowhere. I remember the Rosalina one especially. Everybody was expecting more Mario Kart DLC, and when that troll trailor dropped, people were pretty shocked! Little Mac was a pretty good surprise too.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The leakers have come to their senses. They know Ashley is hella likely for this game, so they have to add her if they want their leak to be even remotely believable. :p
I can't wait to roll up in a ball and cry when my hopes and dreams are shattered.

ignore that Ridley was also a dream fulfilled and I'm being greedy

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Being honest, any FE newcomer would make me salty.
I will always blame :ultcorrin:, or maybe it was just the overflux of Awakening characters (not blaming any of them though, the only sufferer of that was Alph)

There's an equal amount who actively dislike her, but maybe it's just for the sake of being out of the norm for not wanting her.

I won't believe any leak that claims to know the entire final roster this early. If it's a month before the game's release. Then maybe.
If another ESRB leak happens I'm bolting as soon as someone tells me and I'm not coming back until December 8th. :laugh:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

I almost made a post on page 1990 about it being my birth year, but I decided to not spam... so here we are.

Also, Celica is my most wanted FE newcomer now that Lyn is sadly out of the picture... Though I wouldn't mind Azura, Alm, or Micaiah (which probs won't happen).

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'd rather Young Tiki if we got a manakete or Medeus.
I think Myrrh would be better because of the wings. Partial transformations for attacks would feel more natural (Corrin makes me think any manakete will do partial transformations if they make it). Young Tiki is good, but I think if we got Time at all it'd be old Tiki.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I almost made a post on page 1990 about it being my birth year, but I decided to not spam... so here we are.

Also, Celica is my most wanted FE newcomer now that Lyn is sadly out of the picture... Though I wouldn't mind Azura, Alm, or Micaiah (which probs won't happen).
Not Charlotte Hector? An axe-wielder would be pretty sweet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Surprising how Gaiden of all games is suddenly back in relevancy, but I suppose it was the next game in line to be remade since it was the second in the series. Maybe there are too many Shadow Dragon remakes to count. :p Unless they remake Book Two. I'd prefer Sigurd's or Leif's game though.

Not Charlotte Hector? An axe-wielder would be pretty sweet.
Axes yes, but would Mounts or Pegasus Knights even work in Smash format? Not too big, but I guess too wide? They're horses after all.

EDIT:
I know Hector doesn't have a Mount I'm just asking for asking reasons.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I don’t get all the Fire Emblem hate. I don’t even play it, but I know it’s a popular franchise, and that in recent years Nintendo’s been pushing for it.

I don’t think we’ll get a Fire Emblem Newcomer in regards to the base roster, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all with a Three Houses Rep making it in as DLC for promotional purposes.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
All of you need to get a grip on this '1992' crap.

Sonic 2? FE Gaiden? Mortal Kombat? Get real, people. Fine enough games in their own right, sure, but not good enough for Smash representation. What world do you think you live in?

But there's ONE game worth celebrating this momentus page number. And ONLY one.

I'd probably grumble about Lyn for a few moments then celebrate. I do really like Celica.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Surprising how Gaiden of all games is suddenly back in relevancy, but I suppose it was the next game in line to be remade since it was the second in the series. Maybe there are too many Shadow Dragon remakes to count. :p Unless they remake Book Two. I'd prefer Sigurd's or Leif's game though.
I wouldn't mind a Genealogy of the Holy War remake tbh

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
If she has a nice and interesting moveset, then, cool, I’ll be excited to see more gameplay. I’ll probably want to check some wikis to learn more about her, too. That’s about it.

In general for reveals, but especially for a franchise that’s kinda divisive among the Smash fanbase currently like FE is, it’ll also be fun reading others’ reactions.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Axes yes, but would Mounts or Pegasus Knights even work in Smash format? Not too big, but I guess too wide? They're horses after all.

EDIT: I know Hector doesn't have a Mount I'm just asking for asking reasons.
A character like Sigurd, Eliwood, Seth, Frederick or Xander would be... odd... XD
I mean, Xander does have a ranged attack with whatever the hell those Dark spikes that Siegfried shoots out are.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace

I'd be pretty happy. I'm not huge on the fire emblem franchise but she seems pretty cool and like she has the potential to be a fun character. I wouldn't be over the moon or anything. She isn't one of my really desired characters but she appeals to me more than most.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don’t get all the Fire Emblem hate. I don’t even play it, but I know it’s a popular franchise, and that in recent years Nintendo’s been pushing for it.

I don’t think we’ll get a Fire Emblem Newcomer in regards to the base roster, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all with a Three Houses Rep making it in as DLC for promotional purposes.
I think people just don't want anymore Fire Emblem characters. I can understand that, but at the same time Fire Emblem is a character driven game so it's pretty perfect for Smash. I think the biggest thing people complain about is lack of variety, but at the same time Smash 4 got both Robin and Corrin who aren't the normal Fire Emblem reps in terms of playstyle.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem has way more than enough characters to make its own fighting game. I don't get why so many have to be shoved into Smash.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
My only issue with the leaks is almost all of them have Decidueye as the rep. Like holy **** we get it he's popular!

No need to rub it in ma face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom