• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
i still can't believe litten became bipedal

idk, this is off topic, but i had such high hopes for it to be our first quadruped fire starter

but EVERY one of them is bipedal. at least typhlosion is both but still.... when i first saw Litten I thought it'd save us from the bipedal curse :^(

like, grass starters? venusaur, meganium, and torterra are quadruped... and serperior has no limbs lol
water has samurott and primarina. but fire? n o t h i n g :^((((((
I love Incineroar because it's so stupid.
All they had to do was make a quadrupedal fire tiger and everyone would love it but NO! It's a WRESTLER!
It's so stupid i'm not even mad, it makes me laugh every time.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Primarina is a seal, so it doesn't have four legs, which is like, the most important thing about being a quadrupedal being.
still relatively close. it doesn't walk on two limb. it only HAS two limbs :laugh:

and even w/o primarina water still has samurott. Primarina isn't quadruped but she isn't bipedal nor is she both so if I had to pick one then I'd say she's quadruped (even if she isn't).

but idk maybe im just dumb :laugh:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Although I do really like Incineroar's design, it isn't what I originally had in mind for Litten.

I was hoping for a quadrupedal saber-tooth tiger with the same typing, personally. Kinda like this:

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
still relatively close. it doesn't walk on two limb. it only HAS two limbs :laugh:

and even w/o primarina water still has samurott. Primarina isn't quadruped but she isn't bipedal nor is she both so if I had to pick one then I'd say she's quadruped (even if she isn't).

but idk maybe im just dumb :laugh:
I think you're just dumb :V

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
JUST REALIZED I FORGOT ONE SONG FOR 92MILESPROWER'S THING AND I FEEL HORRIBLE FOR NOT THINKING OF IT

MOTHER****ING GALACTA KNIGHT!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN, SAKURAI!!!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
All they had to do was make a quadrupedal fire tiger and everyone would love it but NO! It's a WRESTLER!
I lowkey want Incineroar in Smash (over Decidueye, who was my pick for Pokémon Sun) just because we don't have a wrestler in Smash yet (no, Kirby's back throw being a suplex doesn't count).

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Although I do really like Incineroar's design, it isn't what I originally had in mind for Litten.

I was hoping for a quadrupedal saber-tooth tiger with the same typing, personally. Kinda like this:

Those names are a little concerning...
But I was also expecting something more like that and I kind of wish it was the case. That professional wresting stuff never appealed to me and we didn't really need yet another Pokemon who wears a belt like that.

D

Deleted member

I like Incineroar much more than I did when I initially saw its leaked concept art. It displays much more personality in-game than on the concept art.
Plus, it's a MAJOR step up from the previous Fire starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I hate it because it's so stupid, it looks like an edgy tony the tiger but it's still weirdly goofy. And not to mention the 3D model looks god awful. Him and his stripy arms and legs and the heihachi lookin hair could've been kept game freak lmao.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Galacta Knight's trophy description in Smash Wii U:

"With a theme song called "The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy," you know this guy is serious business. Meta Knight does battle with him in Kirby Super Star Ultra. Also, he shows up in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, where he is the 13th boss you'll face in The True Arena".

But surprise, surprise!
His theme is not in the game lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's no ttyd, but compared to what came after it really doesn't deserve the hate.
It didn't deserve it period.

It's a fantastic game despite all of its differences. A very bold "what we have works well and isn't broken, but let's try something different anyway" move that I could only expect from a Nintendo IP (well, Intelligent Systems are the ones making Paper Mario games, but you get the point)

It still has some entertaining gameplay and honestly, its story and original characters are all just utterly fantastic.

It's an underappreciated gem.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And then Sticker Star, an actually bad game, came out, and only then did everyone realize that maybe Super wasn't so bad after all...
I don't think Sticker Star was bad, I just thought that it shouldn't have been a "Paper Mario" game. It wasn't a disinteresting concept, but it totally didn't work for the series at all.

Also I'm all for this paper mario conversation and Super Paper Mario is fantastic.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

It's a fantastic game despite all of its differences. A very bold "what we have works well and isn't broken, but let's try something different anyway" move that I could only expect from a Nintendo IP (well, Intelligent Systems are the ones making Paper Mario games, but you get the point)

It still has some entertaining gameplay and honestly, its story and original characters are all just utterly fantastic.

Preach, my boi. I would honestly kill to have another game in the style of Super Paper Mario now that Paper Mario sucks, gameplay-wise or story-wise.

D

Deleted member

I believe we will be getting another biepedal Fire starter in Gen 8 because I'm convinced that they will continue the pattern of the starters being themed after RPG classes. Calling it now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I believe we will be getting another biepedal Fire starter in Gen 8 because I'm convinced that they will continue the pattern of the starters being themed after RPG classes. Calling it now.
Give me my Grass/Dark gambler pokemon

Noipoi

Howdy!

The music is top notch as well, and while I can understand someone not liking the blocky, pixel art style I thought it was full of charm.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There's also the fact TR's Meowth himself was referenced in Smash before....
I am glad you brought up that Melee trophy. It's actually one of my favorite trophies. Obviously. :awesome:

But anyway, that trophy is one of the reasons I am still stubbornly supporting Meowth after all these years... and why I still make Meowth's Party the Final Smash in my Meowth moveset.

As you said, that Melee trophy is based on Team Rocket Meowth from the anime (and I presume Pokémon Yellow). The Meowth in Smash 64, Brawl, SSB4, and Ultimate is based on Meowth from the games. Now I am probably going to say something crazy that it sounds like I am in denial, Team Rocket Meowth could be the Captain Toad of the Meowth species and therefore Team Rocket Meowth still has a chance despite Pokeball Meowth.

Meowth is obviously not going to get in Smash Ultimate as a playable fighter anyway. But I still think Team Rocket Meowth shouldn't be out of the question just because it originated in the anime. Like you said, Melee referenced Team Rocket Meowth. Would it really be preposterous to have Team Rocket Meowth as a playable fighter in Smash? Especially after we have Mewtwo and Lucario from the movies in Smash?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The music is top notch as well, and while I can understand someone not liking the blocky, pixel art style I thought it was full of charm.
The pixel art style was literally just one world lmao

But yeah, that game was just great. It didn't need the same combat system to be great (though if it did, people would likely be praising this game more than TTYD).

I just wish we didn't needed Sticker Star for some fans to realize this.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I like Incineroar much more than I did when I initially saw its leaked concept art. It displays much more personality in-game than on the concept art.
honestly delphox has to be my favorite fire starter

like i dont think her design is anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be, it's one of the better starter designs in general

if it was just me i would have just made her robe shorter, because as it is Braixen grew legs that we can't even see in Delphox.

But even with that flaw she's still MILES ahead of any other Fire starter.

D

Deleted member

If Incineroar weren't the heel wrestler it is, and just a typical/boring "fire tiger" like a majority of you wanted/expected it to be, I wouldn't have really cared much about it.

And it wouldn't have been such a perfect fit for Smash like it is as a heel wrestler.

Delphox was so disappointing....
The only saving grace was that it broke the Fire/Fighting chain.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Primarina is a seal, so it doesn't have four legs, which is like, the most important thing about being a quadrupedal being.
I mean, there’s more than one way you can define that... one being defining quad as the opposite of anthromorphic, like, more animal like proportions as opposed to human like proportions, which obviously isn’t the dictionary meanings but I’ve heard that used somewhere at least.

On the other hand, it (and real seals and sea lions...?) could be called anthromorphic and bipedal in the same way that a mermaid is still somehow “bipedal” despite its complete lack of legs, which I guess is more accurate...?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
A fire tiger would have been so much better than what we got imo. If done right it would have been RADICAL, and it could still be a good fit for Smash with brutal fire melee attacks. Shoot change the typing to Fire/Poison and it would have been the coolest fire starter FOREVER.

But with what they did with Litten... honestly Incineroar's saving grace for me is that it didn't start back up the Fire/Fighting starters. I just wish they went ANY other route besides Tony The Tiger :^(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly delphox could be the trashiest design most people think it is but just for its fire/psychic type it still would've been the best fire starter imo

EDIT: lolololol this isn't mafia, i can't douplepost. delet this!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A fire tiger would have been so much better than what we got imo. If done right it would have been RADICAL, and it could still be a good fit for Smash with brutal fire melee attacks. Shoot change the typing to Fire/Poison and it would have been the coolest fire starter FOREVER.

But with what they did with Litten... honestly Incineroar's saving grace for me is that it didn't start back up the Fire/Fighting starters. I just wish they went ANY other route besides Tony The Tiger :^(
The most relevant response:

D

Deleted member

Give me my Grass/Dark gambler pokemon
I feel like the grass starter will be themed after a magical class, seeing as it's the only starter type that hasn't covered those types of classes yet.
Gross
I feel the exact opposite, and I'm not even that big of a fan of Fire starters as a whole.
Delphox was so disappointing....
The only saving grace was that it broke the Fire/Fighting chain.
I don't consider that to be much of a "saving grace" myself, seeing as I think Emboar was actually decent (though it pales in comparison to the other Firefighters), but to each their own.
Is it just me or is Pokechu a hipster? :troll:
Definitely.

Noipoi

Howdy!

like i dont think her design is anywhere near as bad as people made it out to be, it's one of the better starter designs in general

if it was just me i would have just made her robe shorter, because as it is Braixen grew legs that we can't even see in Delphox.

Are you kidding? Delphox is the second worst one! (second only to Emboar)

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I want a remix of 02 Theme as epic as this one.

JUST REALIZED I FORGOT ONE SONG FOR 92MILESPROWER'S THING AND I FEEL HORRIBLE FOR NOT THINKING OF IT

Now THIS is what will make this Smash Ultimate!

Also Super Paper Mario is an absolutely fantastic game, I would honestly love to see another Mario game with a story line that dark. I mean, Mario goes to hell, Luigi gets brainwashed, the universe gets wiped or something (been a while). I'm so surprised it gets hate.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
All the SPM appreciation in here makes me incredibly happy.
Nice to see other people that appreciate that game.

I hope we get some SPM music in Ultimate.
I doubt it, but it'd be nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom