• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
That's for sure, but remember how many people hated Wolf, Toon Link and R.O.B. because they were expecting to unlock different characters and disappointed themselves.
Can confirm, I remember that salt storm vividly. History may not repeat itself exactly, but it does rhyme.

I was 16-17 during Brawl speculation; 27 now. On one hand, I don't know how healthy it is that I get so invested in fictional characters getting into a fighting game.

On the other, I'm attempting to build a career around it, so...

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's kinda my point. There are people who love unlockables and people who don't. Some are happy with the roster and others hate it. No matter what they do it's impossible to please everyone in such a huge fanbase. There will always be the ones who are not satisfied.
I agree. It's surprising when people expects to like every newcomer in the game.

Forgive me, but I really don't get where people are getting this "Echo Fighters are doomed to be glorified alts forever!" mantra from. Who's to say a popular Echo Fighter in one game can't be given the Luigi treatment the next? Is it because Lucina and Dark Pit are still clones of Marth and Pit? That's a downright puny sample size, all things considered, so those two characters' fates can hardly be considered conclusive evidence to say the least. And furthermore, what of the fates of ex-clones like Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco? Do they not count just because they've never been called "Echo Fighters"? That'd be ironic indeed, considering these are some of the same people who so readily chastise others for suddenly treating clones differently when put under a different label. If demand is high enough for an Echo Fighter to be represented more faithfully to their own abilities, then I see no reason they can't be decloned in the future, as if the Echo Fighter label is some obscure penance that character necessarily has to bear with them through their entire future as a fighter. Sakurai has implied nothing of the sort for any Echo Fighter, existing or potential, so I suggest people drop this absolutist attitude regarding them.
Yeah, that's a bad comparison.

Echo fighters are nearly 1:1 with their source chaarcters in terms of stuff like movement speed, height, weight, etc, with all the same moves (potentially barring Final Smashes) and minimal, and sometimes nearly nonexistent differences, essentially a glorified alt. Falco, Ganondorf, Roy, etc were never echos, because they had many differences in moveset and general attributes that meant you had to play them differently from their source character.

Because Ganondorf has had 17 years to be made truly unique, but he's still a clone of Captain Falcon. There WAS time. There WAS fan demand. And very few came from it.
Changing 3 smashes to some other character's doesn't change the other 90% of his movelist.

Sakurai is obsessed with this idea of not alienating the fans, making characters like Roy, Young Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Lucina still remain relatively the same with some modifications despite having far more to draw from and/or no reason to have their moves be based off someone else.

Luigi is the exception to this trend and had the benefit of being an extremely early character. He is the exception, not the rule, or even a likely possibility.
Yeah, a lot of this isn't accurate. Almost every clone/semi-clone makes at least some sense sharing their moveset with another fighter. (In fact, the only character that dosen't have an in-universe justification is Ganondorf):

-Luigi: He is Mario's Player 2, and typically plays similarly or identically to Mario.
-Dr Mario: He IS Mario. Can't get much more Mario, than, well, the guy himself.
-Young Link: Similar to Dr Mario, Young Link is the same person as his source character, but younger.
-Falco: Fox's second in command and uses the same gear as he does.
-Pichu: Pikachu's baby form, and he shares most of Pikachu's abilities.
-Roy: Has the same role as Marth in his home series (a young boy who is also a Lord class unit)
-Toon Link: Same as Young Link (but Toon Link is also a different incarnation)
-Lucina: She is Marth's descendant and poses as Marth for a good chunk of Awakening. Also, she is a Lord class unit like Marth.
-Dark Pit: A literal clone of Pit in his home series in every single way except personality. Also, they play identically to each other in Uprising.
-Daisy: Was made to fill the same role that Peach normally does in Super Mario Land

Oh yeah, and also, I'd like to point out that a lot of these characters aren't even full clones anymore. Falco and Ganondorf became semi-clones as of Brawl, and Roy's a semi-clone as of Smash 4. Also, because of the changes made to Link in Ultimate, Young Link's now a semi-clone by simply staying exactly the same.

(And is it really so bad that Sakurai doesn't want to alienate his fans? He should definitely get credit for slowly differentiating clones further from their source characters)

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Yes, it's not like the WW cast was a giant vacuum before Ashley was introduced around the DS era. The series still managed to sell without her.
That's very simialr to Isabelle though. Animal Crossing sold fine, very well actually, before Isabelle and then Isabelle came. And now Isabelle is the most popular animal crossing character.

That's not to say there aren't other loved characters and that doesn't mean the series was dead before her, but that also doesn't discredit Isabelle's popularity.

Isabelle and Ashley are very simialr actually and are mostly riding on their popularity especially in Japan. Ashley is a little more viable as a fighter however.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
"Dream"?

That's....highly debatable, tbh.

Between people taking Sakurai's word of "Don't expect too many more" to mean like 1-2 newcomers max, or people thinking that just because 1:1 clones got dubbed "Echo Fighters" mean he's going to vomit them out, to be fair, creativity feels incredibly stifled right now, with most people thinking even 6 new characters, with half of them being clones mind you, may be too many.
I was more referring to how people actually believe that characters like Geno and Banjo could be in, you'd be a laughing stock to suggest that much during Smash 4 speculation. After E3 there's a perception that this could be a fan service game thanks to the ballot and Ridley's inclusion, so even if we think we'll get less newcomers at least there's hope that they'll be very popular ones.

Personally I'd rather have 6 or 7 fan favorite newcomers instead of 14 somewhat popular promotional newcomers.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Totally irrelevant but I've seen a lot of support for a Dark Samus echo and obviously I want Mimikyu to get in and I realized if that happens we will have 3 Links, 3 "Pikachus", 3 Samuses, and 3 Mario's (Green Mario included ) oh and 3 Foxes and 3 Marths

I find this humorous.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I was more referring to how people actually believe that characters like Geno and Banjo could be in, you'd be a laughing stock to suggest that much during Smash 4 speculation. After E3 there's a perception that this could be a fan service game thanks to the ballot and Ridley's inclusion, so even if we think we'll get less newcomers at least there's hope that they'll be very popular ones.
I understand why people are holding out for more fan favorites, but I'm going to be a little more reserved with my expectations. Ultimate might have started off strong with Inklings and Ridley, but so did Smash 4 with Villager and Mega Man.

Wouldn't be shocked if we start seeing some more questionable additions in the future. Simon Belmont possibly getting in over Banjo, Bomberman, and Rayman should be a hint to people that Sakurai won't be looking exclusively at fanservice characters who did well on the ballot.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Totally irrelevant but I've seen a lot of support for a Dark Samus echo and obviously I want Mimikyu to get in and I realized if that happens we will have 3 Links, 3 "Pikachus", 3 Samuses, and 3 Mario's (Green Mario included ) oh and 3 Foxes and 3 Marths

I find this humorous.
Pretty soon there'll be 3 versions of each character.

Except my boi... he'll be all alone

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
I understand why people are holding out for more fan favorites, I'm going to be a little more reserved with my expectations. Ultimate might have started off strong with Inklings and Ridley, but so did Smash 4 with Villager and Mega Man.

Wouldn't be shocked if we start seeing some more questionable additions in the future. Simon Belmont possibly getting in over Banjo, Bomberman, and Rayman should be a hint to people that Sakurai won't be looking exclusively at fanservice characters who did well on the ballot.
You mean you didn't want Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Duo in the game o.O

osby

Smash Obsessed

Personally I'd rather have 6 or 7 fan favorite newcomers instead of 14 somewhat popular promotional newcomers.
"Fan favourites" as in Smash fandom or in their own fandom?

KingBroly

Smash Lord

I find this humorous.
If we get Dry Bowser, we'll have 3 Bowsers

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I guess your best bet is Cool Yoshi and ...Pink Yoshi? (Birdo is a stretch).

And for you DK fans your best bet is Donkey Kong, Tiny Donkey Kong, and Female Tiny Donkey Kong. ok I'm done.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Another Palutena's Guidance conversation comes to play...

:ultmewtwo:Mewtwo
  • Pit: I'm sensing a lot of dark energy coming out from this creature...
  • Palutena: Watch yourself Pit. That is the Genetic Pokémon, Mewtwo.
  • Viridi: Humanity has no right to be making such an abomination!
  • Pit: Wait, so Mewtwo is not natural?
  • Viridi: No!! From what I've heard, Mewtwo is an artificial being that humans created by doing various genetic experiments with Mew's DNA. They had the foolish ambition to make the world's strongest Pokémon, and while they were successful at achieving that goal, they failed to give Mewtwo a pure heart.
  • Palutena: Mewtwo is said to have the most savage heart of any Pokémon, and its psychic powers are just as destructive.
  • Pit: Now that sure is some disturbing news. Any tips on how to beat it?
  • Palutena: Do not look at Mewtwo's eyes. It can use its Disable attack to leave you dizzy and vulnerable.
  • Viridi: It can also counter your projectile weapons by using Confusion, but you can reflect its Shadow Ball right back at it with your Guardian Orbitars.
  • Pit: Okay. What else do I need to know?
  • Palutena: Mewtwo levitates a lot, so it should be rather easy to send it flying if you damage it enough.
  • Viridi: But whatever you do, do NOT lose to it, or else...
  • Pit: Come on now! I get that you despise unnatural creatures, but I don't need the extra pressure.
  • Viridi: .........

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
Like, I didn't "wanted" them but I'm happy they are in the game.
Same for me but I can understand that many people got mad that instead of their character these got added even tho noone would have missed them if they weren't included.

D

Deleted member

Same for me but I can understand that many people got mad that instead of their character these got added even tho noone would have missed them if they weren't included.
Not sure about WIi Fit Trainer, but I'm pretty sure Arcadenik Arcadenik would've missed Duck Hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
How would you guys feel if these were our newcomers?

Unique:
Inkling (Confirmed)
Ridley (Confirmed)
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Rhythm Heaven Rep (Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Tap Trial Girl, or Rhythm Troupe.)
Paper Mario
Sun & Moon Pokémon (Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu.)
Geno

Semi-Clone:
Isabelle (Semi-clone of Villager)
Dixie (Semi-clone of Diddy)

Echoes:
Daisy (Confirmed)
Impa (HW Design, Echo of Sheik)

That’d make for 12 Newcomers in total which would be the lowest number we’ve ever gotten.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Was kind of a joke, but in all honesty Yarn Yoshi was also a good bet along with
Totally forgot about Yarn! Yup that.

Unique:
Inkling (Confirmed)
Ridley (Confirmed)
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Paper Mario
Geno

Semi-Clone:

Echoes:
Daisy (Confirmed)

That’d make for 12 Newcomers in total which would be the lowest number we’ve ever gotten.
This would be an amazing roster I mean so many of those characters are fan favorites. Heck getting Dixie and King K. Rool in the same game would be Ultimate.

I really feel like the focus on less newcomers is fine and people worry about it too much. There's honestly just less all-stars at this point and I'd rather them add the few that are left and that's it. Yeah these 12 would be perfect.

I did realize you didn't include a third party beside Geno who does count...but I'd cut 1 character for another third party, only difference I'd make.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Unique:
Inkling (Confirmed)
Ridley (Confirmed)
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Paper Mario
Geno

Semi-Clone:

Echoes:
Daisy (Confirmed)

Swap Paper Mario with Isaac and I wouldn't even be mad.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if you're asking us if we think it's likely or how we'd feel about the choices. I'm guessing it's the latter so I'll just say how I'd feel about each one.
Bandana Dee
Yes please. He's my second most wanted and now feels like the right time to add him.
King K. Rool
Another one of my most wanted, so I'd be pretty hyped.
Eh. Not as big on the idea as I used to be, but I wouldn't be mad.
Paper Mario
Meh. He's fine, I guess.
Depends. If it's Decidueye, I'd lose my mind. If it's Incineroar or Lycanroc, I'll be slightly disappointed but will quickly get over it. If it's Mimikyu, I'll be massively disappointed and won't rush my purchase of the game.
I'd be disappointed if he's in, but I'll be even more disappointed if he's the only third-party newcomer. At least there's DLC, I suppose.
Semi-Clone:
Not a huge fan of either, but I guess I'll be happy for their fans.
I'd be pleased because it would mean I won my bet with Cosmic77 Cosmic77 .
tl;dr if the Gen 7 Pokemon is Decidueye and Geno is swapped for a different 3rd party, it'd easily be the best roster in Smash history.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Unique:
Inkling (Confirmed)
Ridley (Confirmed)
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Paper Mario
Geno

Semi-Clone:

Echoes:
Daisy (Confirmed)

This would be an amazing roster I mean so many of those characters are fan favorites. Heck getting Dixie and King K. Rool in the same game would be Ultimate.

I really feel like the focus on less newcomers is fine and people worry about it too much. There's honestly just less all-stars at this point and I'd rather them add the few that are left and that's it. Yeah these 12 would be perfect.

I did realize you didn't include a third party beside Geno who does count...but I'd cut 1 character for another third party, only difference I'd make.
I got a great third party for you
:chuckle:

To be honest, I really don't know what prediciting this will be like. When we got Sm4sh DLC, the characters who got in were in the 5% chance region in the RTC thread, and that's about where we were with "all vets return" too, so I'm still expecting curveballs.

Though with :ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultmewtwo:, I at least won't be disappointed like I was with Sm4sh

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

Regarding the newcomer count, I agree.

I researched a lot of online ballots/polls, SourceGaming, and purposed Ballot results for Western, Europe, and Japanese regions, and a lot of the characters I chose were held in high regards across the board. Namely King K. Rool, Geno, Dixie, Paper Mario, Ridley, Inkling, Daisy, and Bandana Dee, among others.

As for the other choices, I just went with newer characters, and popular choices. I also factored in continuation and franchise growth. So Isabelle, Impa, and a new Pokémon fit the mark.

Then for a Rhythm Heaven rep, it’s really the only somewhat recent/successful that hasn’t had representation on the roster, and it’d be such a left-field/Sakurai pick. Along the lines of Game & Watch or Wii Fit Trainer. Something that the common man would raise an eyebrow to.

Who is the character you would replaced to add another 3rd Party pick for, and who would the 3rd Party pick be?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Brawl hype ruined my life. Before the Dojo I didn't spend hours on the internet combing through a developer's personal habits and arguing about why a video game character "deserves" to be in a cartoon mascot fighter like it was a political rally.

I'm 27.
I'm also 27...

...Wait?

HOW MANY OTHER 27 YEAR OLDS ARE THERE HERE!?

(My laptop decided it wanted to bug out today, and it can't connect to the internet, so that's a thing.)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Unique:
Inkling (Confirmed)
Ridley (Confirmed)
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Paper Mario
Geno

Semi-Clone:

Echoes:
Daisy (Confirmed)

Inklings and Ridley are good enough for me. However, Lycanroc, Dixie Kong, and a Zelda newcomer would make this my perfect roster.

Not a huge fan of Geno, but as long as I have those other guys, I'd be able to deal with it.

I'd be pleased because it would mean I won my bet with Cosmic77 Cosmic77 .
Impa ain't the only contender here. Impa Echo Fighter or not, we still have a handful of notable Zelda reps who haven't been disconfirmed, and I'm holding out for at least one of them to get in as a unique newcomer.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Who is the character you would replaced to add another 3rd Party pick for, and who would the 3rd Party pick be?
For me...sorry Geno fans, but I'd take him out for Dovahkiin. I've never played SMRPG, so I really don't have any connection to him. I'd prefer if Geno started to come back to the Mario series (Kart/Party/etc.) so I could get a feel for him. I also wasn't around for Brawl speculation, so it did feel like his support exploded out of nowhere for Sm4sh. Either him or Paper Mario, who I also feel exactly the same way about. But those are my thoughts, and I realize that there are people who really like those two.

If I were to look at a RH rep, I feel like the Wrestler would at least be funniest. Gematsu mentioned the Chorus Kids, but I don't really know them as much. The wrestler or Karate Joe have games that everyone knows even if they haven't played every game. With Pokémon, my vote's with Decidueye or Incineroar (but we do have a lot of fire and a lot of wrestler types on the roster already). I'd like to see Mimikyu as a Pokéball, and I don't watch the anime, so Lycanroc to me is just a generic wolf.

Otherwise, it looks nice. Would have liked to see more for Zelda since Impa's a bit...boring at this point (Skull Kid is cool, but Urbosa would be best), but I'd be happy with K.Rool now that I got Squirtle back. Put in Dovahkiin though, and I'll be over the moon.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Okay, let me see if I got this right; people are expecting this entry to be a fan service game, by relying on a poll that is encouraging more fan service characters, despite the fact that it's part of a series that's already about fan service. When you think about it, it's pretty screwy.

Though I would prefer to see more fan favorites, yes. Especially Western-centered mascots, because, the way I see it, the only way to top having Japanese third-parties is by including Western third parties as well. You can't top Japanese third-parties with more Japanese third-parties, when options are becoming more limited there without relying on fighting game reps.

Unlikely, since no one wants Shadow Thief Wario.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, that's a bad comparison.

Echo fighters are nearly 1:1 with their source chaarcters in terms of stuff like movement speed, height, weight, etc, with all the same moves (potentially barring Final Smashes) and minimal, and sometimes nearly nonexistent differences, essentially a glorified alt. Falco, Ganondorf, Roy, etc were never echos, because they had many differences in moveset and general attributes that meant you had to play them differently from their source character.

Yeah, a lot of this isn't accurate. Almost every clone/semi-clone makes at least some sense sharing their moveset with another fighter. (In fact, the only character that dosen't have an in-universe justification is Ganondorf):

-Luigi: He is Mario's Player 2, and typically plays similarly or identically to Mario.
-Dr Mario: He IS Mario. Can't get much more Mario, than, well, the guy himself.
-Young Link: Similar to Dr Mario, Young Link is the same person as his source character, but younger.
-Falco: Fox's second in command and uses the same gear as he does.
-Pichu: Pikachu's baby form, and he shares most of Pikachu's abilities.
-Roy: Has the same role as Marth in his home series (a young boy who is also a Lord class unit)
-Toon Link: Same as Young Link (but Toon Link is also a different incarnation)
-Lucina: She is Marth's descendant and poses as Marth for a good chunk of Awakening. Also, she is a Lord class unit like Marth.
-Dark Pit: A literal clone of Pit in his home series in every single way except personality. Also, they play identically to each other in Uprising.
-Daisy: Was made to fill the same role that Peach normally does in Super Mario Land

Oh yeah, and also, I'd like to point out that a lot of these characters aren't even full clones anymore. Falco and Ganondorf became semi-clones as of Brawl, and Roy's a semi-clone as of Smash 4. Also, because of the changes made to Link in Ultimate, Young Link's now a semi-clone by simply staying exactly the same.

(And is it really so bad that Sakurai doesn't want to alienate his fans? He should definitely get credit for slowly differentiating clones further from their source characters)

This is partly why I dont think we'll get a bunch of echos just because they have a name now. The past clones have been popular characters (most anyway) who simply work well as a clone, being a clone fits them they almost SHOULD be similar to their counter part.

So characters like Shadow and Dark samus, while they have the model to be echos, dont make much sense to me to be clones because they should fight their own style. Shadow should move the way he does where he floats and should use chaos control or even his infamous gun, dark samus should use the style phazon attacks she used as an assist trophy etc... its hard to add them in as "echos" with only minor personality and modeling differences, theyd need their own movesets to rep them correctly.

D

Deleted member

Impa ain't the only contender here. Impa Echo Fighter or not, we still have a handful of notable Zelda reps who haven't been disconfirmed, and I'm holding out for at least one of them to get in as a unique newcomer.
I'm still super sure that we're only getting a Zelda newcocmer if it's an Echo.
I'll believe your argument when I see it.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Well as long as I get Shadow and Bandanna Dee, I could care less about who the other newcomers are. I'm confident Spring Man will happen as DLC and I'm perfectly content with any Gen VII pokemon they could use as I really like all of them. Indie characters are the only thing that may rub me the wrong way but as stated above I'm fine with it if I get the two above.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Quick question: in the game, do these stock icons (:ultdiddy::ultinkling::ultmegaman::ultmario:etc ) change colors depending on what palette swap you chose? Or do they stay the same? If the later, I prefer Smash 4 ones.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Regarding the newcomer count, I agree.

I researched a lot of online ballots/polls, SourceGaming, and purposed Ballot results for Western, Europe, and Japanese regions, and a lot of the characters I chose were held in high regards across the board. Namely King K. Rool, Geno, Dixie, Paper Mario, Ridley, Inkling, Daisy, and Bandana Dee, among others.

As for the other choices, I just went with newer characters, and popular choices. I also factored in continuation and franchise growth. So Isabelle, Impa, and a new Pokémon fit the mark.

Then for a Rhythm Heaven rep, it’s really the only somewhat recent/successful that hasn’t had representation on the roster, and it’d be such a left-field/Sakurai pick. Along the lines of Game & Watch or Wii Fit Trainer. Something that the common man would raise an eyebrow to.

If anything I would pick a 3rd party from the ballot. I’d replace Paper Mario with Sora. Sora is just BIG and would be extremely hype for a lot of Smash fans during the ballot.

Unique:
Inkling (Confirmed)
Ridley (Confirmed)
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Paper Mario
Geno

Semi-Clone:

Echoes:
Daisy (Confirmed)

Bandanna Dee:
I wouldn’t mind, but I would greatly prefer the time to be done on someone else.

King K. Rool:
I would happy he got in. He’s another villian and DK Rep, so I would accept him with open arms.

Rhythm Heaven Rep:
I would be happy if we got a Rhythm Heaven character in. A Rhythm based move set seems like a lot of fun so it’s definitely a plus.

Paper Mario:
I would be disappointed if Sakurai added him. He’s really a third Mario being added into Smash and his moveset pool definitely doesn’t interest me. I would greatly prefer someone else.

Sun and Moon Rep:
As long as it’s Midday and Midnight Lycanroc, I’d be estatic, however I’d be sorta disappointed if anyone else made it in.

Geno:
I would much rather have someone else. And if he’s our “3rd Party” for this game, I’d instantly rather have someone else.

Semi-Clones:
Nay for Isabelle, I just rather not her get in. Yes for Dixie, I just like Dixie, so I would be happy if she got in.

Echoes:
I really don’t care, as long as they don’t pull a Melee and make 6 echoes in the place of a newcomer.

Overall I would be disappointed in this roster. The newcomers don’t really stick out to me, and there many more characters that can generate hype and are highly requested characters. Also no Elma is a definite hype kill.

TBone06

Smash Ace

Unique:
Inkling (Confirmed)
Ridley (Confirmed)
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Paper Mario
Geno

Semi-Clone:

Echoes:
Daisy (Confirmed)

This would be an amazing roster. I can't see anyone arguing over that.

I'm also 27...

...Wait?

HOW MANY OTHER 27 YEAR OLDS ARE THERE HERE!?
I'm 27 as well. Went crazy during Brawl when I didn't have a full time job and no house. But the hype is still real. Glad I'm not the only one!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Quick question: in the game, do these stock icons (:ultdiddy::ultinkling::ultmegaman::ultmario:etc ) change colors depending on what palette swap you chose? Or do they stay the same? If the later, I prefer Smash 4 ones.
I Imagine they change. Or it would be weird for gender swaps, Koopalings and Alph.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think they do. See the selection for Mac:

Each color has a unique icon.

Would be cool to see the icons for the alts of each. And I can't wait to see if :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard: do as well - they did in Brawl and were shown on the results screen, but now with G&W's throw, they should have them.

Last edited:

Spaceless

Smash Cadet
I'm so thrilled with the roster now that I don't care if there are no more newcomers. I would love another Zelda or Xenoblade representative but I would be totally fine with them not getting in. Of course I'll still be happy for every newcomer and the people who wanted them. May your dreams come true!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom