• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Actually she does wield the same sword as Marth. Falchion's hilt and handle just got reforged over the 2000 year time skip. :p
I stand corrected! I played Awakening once and it's been a while. Haha. I just remember it being the same sword as Chrom's.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
New Roster Forecast (75-77 Characters)
View attachment 149711

There are eight original fighters here, just like in Melee, but four Echo Fighters instead of six, but there are six in total. This roster officially has newcomers for Super Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid.

Original:
  • King K. Rool
  • Ridley
  • Mimikyu
  • Rex
  • Inkling
  • Spring Man
  • Excitebike
  • Simon
Echo Fighters:
  • Daisy
  • Impa
  • Octoling
  • Ribbon Girl
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Rex and Spring Man aren't going to be in the base game based off of when the roster was decided. Even if it was the first proposal finished in December 2015, most of the roster was decided by then. Rex and Spring Man also don't have the luxury of having their art sent to Sakurai like Greninja either. They will definitely be DLC though.

Also I heavily doubt Octolings will be in as they would need to have eight distinctive ink colors compared to the Inklings. Too similar and players could get confused as to who's who.

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman

A music I really want for the Great Plateau Tower stage
This music is epic and awesome, but I'm the only one that find it kind of funny ?
I mean, it sounds a little but derpy in some part, in a good way (contrasting to the dark being Ganon is), it almost became a meme with my friends

GIBBERT64

Smash Rookie
The most likely characters I think are coming are
Simon Belmont
Either Dixie Kong or king k rool
And geno

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I can't be the only one who thinks the idea of Dixie being an echo fighter doesn't really make sense? If anything, she'd be more of a Wolf-type character.
I agree she shouldn't be an Echo and would make an ideal Luigi-level semi-clone, but if they're removing one of Diddy's only two tail attacks, it's something that might be happening to just get her on the roster for cheap.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What would be your reaction if Sakurai announced a Smash Direct in August or September, and he announces that every newcomer will be revealed in that direct? The thought just makes me ooze in happiness.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I honestly think 100 characters is possible with DLC.

72-75 is my prediction for the base roster, but I imagine we'll get at least 10-15 characters through DLC, if not more. Nintendo is going to go big with the DLC for this game similar to Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, they would be dumb not to.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
View attachment 149727
Rex and Spring Man aren't going to be in the base game based off of when the roster was decided. Even if it was the first proposal finished in December 2015, most of the roster was decided by then. Rex and Spring Man also don't have the luxury of having their art sent to Sakurai like Greninja either.

Also I heavily doubt Octolings will be in as they would need to have eight distinctive ink colors compared to the Inklings. Too similar and players could get confused as to who's who.
I think they could come up with 8 different colours. Off the top of my head there's the standard dark fuchsia they always have, black, white, red, pastel pink, pastel blue, lilac, dark green, turquoise, pastel green. There's other colours.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What would be your reaction if Sakurai announced a Smash Direct in August or September, and he announces that every newcomer will be revealed in that direct? The thought just makes me ooze in happiness.
E3 2: We all melt from hype again.

GIBBERT64

Smash Rookie
It would be cool but I think they would release a couple of characters maybe 4 to max

Shroob

Sup?
*Super Nut.jpg*

Really though, I kind of hope he doesn't drop the last batch of newcomers all at once, because then we'll be stuck in our current state of "OMG SO HYPE" that turns into ".....****, July's going to be nothing but rehashed news".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like in crusade?
A-yup.

I'd be happy that I won't wait anymore, yet nervous about any character possibilities I'm passionate about having to be put off and not making it in until the next time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It was equal or atleast barely better than Lost World, so it atleast deserves to have “Fist Pump” and Infinite’s theme in the game
Sure, there are other ways that Sonic Forces could be referenced, but I doubt that a stage would work.

I mean... Other M got a stage plus Samus' design is based on that game so...
I guess when you think it over, a game's reception isn't always enough to determine if it should have a stage or not. But in the case of Sonic, maybe his newest stage should originate from Sonic Mania.

GIBBERT64

Smash Rookie

72-75 is my prediction for the base roster, but I imagine we'll get at least 10-15 characters through DLC, if not more. Nintendo is going to go big with the DLC for this game similar to Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, they would be dumb not to.

View attachment 149728
True I didn't think about dlc

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, if he wanted to make the internet explode to a similar levels of Ridley, a Dixie PLUS K.Rool reveal trailer would do it, with a Gangplank Galleon stage.

Though, my issue with K.Rool is, DKC1 or 2 K.Rool.

GIBBERT64

Smash Rookie
I think Nintendo will probably go and make this game bigger and better then smash Wii u plus they buffed Ganon and Ike and I main Ike so I seen gameplay and it looks amazing

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 149727
Rex and Spring Man aren't going to be in the base game based off of when the roster was decided. Even if it was the first proposal finished in December 2015, most of the roster was decided by then. Rex and Spring Man also don't have the luxury of having their art sent to Sakurai like Greninja either. They will definitely be DLC though.

Rex has concept art dating back to 2014.

Octolings colors are darker. Like Dark Pit and he didn't have that problem. As for Spring Man, I have him because I think there is a possibility he may be added late like Sonic was, especially because Ribbon Girl can be made from his data, thus allowing time for more characters.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

View attachment 149728
Yeah, that'd be one of my greatest dreams! Although they might have to do price reduction on those compared to 4's batch, if there can be this many.

Shroob

Sup?
Rex has concept art dating back to 2014.

As for Octolings, the thing about them is that their colors are darker. Like Dark Pit.
He means if they share the Ink mechanic with Octolings.

Could you imagine 4 Octolings and 4 Inklings with similar colors trying to find their own ink on a stage?

MainJPW

M.T.A
I don't QUITE count Battle as a mainline game? I dunno, it's about the closest to mainline a spin off can get in a lot of ways.
Mainline as in...canon? The Chaos plot point from Battle i.e. the whole "emerging from the Master Emerald whenever he wants" thing was brought up in the canon Forces tie-in comics.

GIBBERT64

Smash Rookie
View attachment 149727

I don't know if sakurai will add excitebike to smash

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
That would be simultaneously the best/worst direct of our lives. Imagine having a single newcomer you want and they either don't make it in or are left till last so you're just waiting and hoping, but at the same time super hyped over everything being announced. It's like a weird form of Smash-torture but it's also like the best thing ever at the same time.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
He means if they share the Ink mechanic with Octolings.

Could you imagine 4 Octolings and 4 Inklings with similar colors trying to find their own ink on a stage?
I don't see how that's difficult when the ink is significantly darker. Also, why do they need to find their own Ink? This isn't actually Splatoon. It's Super Smash Bros.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see how that's difficult when the ink is significantly darker. Also, why do they need to find their own Ink? This isn't actually Splatoon. It's Super Smash Bros.
Inklings have to use their own Ink to recharge their ink, no?

Was it ever said that they can use an enemy Inkling's ink to refill?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can’t wait to see compilation videos of the entire cast inked up in various colors of ink.

And no, there was nothing sexual in what I said.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That would be simultaneously the best/worst direct of our lives. Imagine having a single newcomer you want and they either don't make it in or are left till last so you're just waiting and hoping, but at the same time super hyped over everything being announced. It's like a weird form of Smash-torture but it's also like the best thing ever at the same time.
Worse for me is that that Direct is the only one that happens and there's STILL no Yoshi news...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Watch as we all dismiss Rex because of the project plan and stuff, then suddenly a trailer starts:
"Let's show 'em a thing or three!"
Complete with Pyra's costume untouched.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well that makes things easier.

Though, I'm still skeptical on an Octoling. Unless it's Agent 8, having a playable Octoling would be akin to having a playable Koopa Troopa or Stalfos.
Uhhhh. No. That's a horrible analogy. It's more like having a playable Inkling, which is already a reality.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Becaaaaaaause...? (is it necessary to talk about Sakurai by name like you know the guy? Wouldn't it make more sense to say "I don't think Excitebike will be added in Smash,"?)
Does it actually matter? Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom