• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Porky is basically responsible for not only kidnapping and brainwashing potentially hundreds of characters throughout the Earthbound's timeline, but he's also been indirectly responsible for countless deaths due to the Chimera-tization of the various animals and monstrosities his scientists create, and punishing those harshly that stand up against him.

That, and he basically caused the apocalypse due to all of this ****.
I'd also like to add that he did all this basically just because he was jealous of Ness having a bigger, uh, gutsy bat.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Say, did any of the people who had a shot with the game manage to see if some of the jankier mechanics from 4 were still present? Stuff like stage spikes being untechable on the stage's vertexes, or the random chance spinning hitstun state that occurs above 100% being untechable?

Shroob

Sup?
Porky is legit a character I'd like to see in Smash as playable, but my biggest question is frankly, how?

Porky and his mech are basically inseparable(Quite literally in the case of Mother 3), so I'm not sure how he could even work without a drastic redesign.

It's not feasible for him to be an Echo, since he lacks any PSI abilities, and outside of that, without his mech, he's just a fat kid no no combat prowess at all.

Troykv

Smash Master
Honestly, I'm just waiting for the first fake picture leaks to roll in.

Text leaks are ****ing boring, even if sometimes you get truthful ones like the infamous "2/10".

Considering Vaanrose was able to make up a mockup of the Smash Ultimate CSS with the characters that we have already, surely someone has to be out there putting in effort for fake picture leaks, right?
Maybe, probably the fake leakers are right now doing high quality renders to looks at least half decent.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

We have almost every stage from the series in the game.

Not all of them have been shown but what stages do you think won't be brought back?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So...

Not all of them have been shown but what stages do you think won't be brought back?
I'd imagine 98% of stages are coming back, the only real cuts should be the outdated versions of current stages. Not unless Sakurai wants to put in the Melee, Brawl, and SSB4 Flat Zones.

Shroob

Sup?
So...

Honestly speaking, Sector Z, despte actually wanting it, since it's literally just a bigger Corneria.

I'd say Poke Floats too, but I want it just for the Memes.

Regardless, with ALL these stages returning, it'd be a shame cutting even 1.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So...

Only one for sure that I think for sure won't make it back is Miiverse. The songs from that stage will probably find it's way on the other Wii/Mii game stages.

It was just a Battlefield clone anyway without the sometimes amusing though often annoying/cringey posts

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd say Poke Floats too, but I want it just for the Memes.
Why should Poke Floats be cut? They could recreate it with all the new Pokemon. :4dk: If people can't have their Gen 7 rep, they can at least fight on them.

Shroob

Sup?
I simply can't see how they bring back Pyrosphere unless they change it.
I'm not sure why Pyrosphere is that big an issue.

It's not the same Ridley, they look quite different, and one is obviously much larger than the other.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Miiverse.
There’s nothing actually necessarily stopping it from coming back; they could set up a new service using existing social media, just like they did in Splatoon 2. Not that they necessarily will, since it might likely be too much work for something that didn’t work out so well, but yeah.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Ridley, can someone remind me of the Metroid timeline?

Original Metroid/Zero Mission > Prime Series > Samus Returns/Return of Samus > Super(OG Ridley 'dies') > Other M(Fake Ridley is created) > Fusion(Fake Ridley's corpse is infected by the SA-X parasite)?

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Pyrosphere should be back to see Ridley beat the living soul out of clone!Ridley.
That and iirc Pyrosphere is the only first party stage Smash shares with another fighter (DoA:D)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh man, I loved Miiverse. It was great to see all of the inappropriate messages pop up. I played on that stage anytime I needed a good laugh - just put it on random and see what pops up.

Who ever thought that was a kid-friendly idea? It's the internet.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team

Original Metroid/Zero Mission > Prime Series > Samus Returns/Return of Samus > Super(OG Ridley 'dies') > Other M(Fake Ridley is created) > Fusion(Fake Ridley's corpse is infected by the SA-X parasite)?
That is correct, tho it really puts into perspective how tragically few Metroid games we've had :(

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

There's also Federation Force after Prime and before Samus Returns. (yes, it's canon. Deal with it!!)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Tomorrow we will get the Disconfirmation Pic of the Day.

I hope it's something cool, but I think they will just show again all the things revealed on E3.

Shroob

Sup?

I hope it's something cool, but I think they will just show again all the things revealed on E3.
Not expecting anything new until at least July, frankly.

They showed us soo much that they could easily stretch it out until Launch if they wanted to.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I think the biggest issue is we only have TWO games that take place after Super in the timeline.

I HIGHLY doubt that Ridley actually died on Zebes.
Honestly, as time goes on I get more and more skeptical we'll ever get a Metroid 5 and actually find out. The rest of the games will probably just be in the timeline from and including Metroid 1-2

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Oh man, I loved Miiverse. It was great to see all of the inappropriate messages pop up. I played on that stage anytime I needed a good laugh - just put it on random and see what pops up.

Who ever thought that was a kid-friendly idea? It's the internet.
Most of Miiverse, at least, allowed people to report obviously inappropriate posts, removing a lot of bad stuff from more popular Communities... a notable problem with the Miiverse Stage was, as the Miiverse stage posts were divided into a bajilllion separate sub-Communities, basically nobody bothered to check through all of them.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think the biggest issue is we only have TWO games that take place after Super in the timeline.

I HIGHLY doubt that Ridley actually died on Zebes.
If we ever get a game after Fusion, Ridley will somehow come back again. Watch. He somehow survived what happened in Super and was recovering somewhere. He always comes back. That's part of his character. Ridley is almost as important to Metroid as Samus is. They'll never "retire" his character. And with his appearance in Smash, hopefully that gets more people to look up who he is if they weren't into Metroid and give the series a shot.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing about Ridley is frankly, he's tough.

Gets 'killed' in Zero Mission?

Cybernetic implants courtesy of his homies for Prime.

And to just drop spoilers here, but thanks to all the Phazon he absorbed in Prime, he's been confirmed to be able to regenerate parts of his body now.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt he died for good in Super.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ridley can't die, he has to live for the looooooooore. Bet he'll be in Prime 4 with a sick retcon to retcon all things. :4pacman: Nintendo isn't MCU when it comes to consistency, go ham I say.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The thing about Ridley is frankly, he's tough.

Gets 'killed' in Zero Mission?

Cybernetic implants courtesy of his homies for Prime.

And to just drop spoilers here, but thanks to all the Phazon he absorbed in Prime, he's been confirmed to be able to regenerate parts of his body now.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt he died for good in Super.
Ah, so between that and his twisted sense of humor, he's basically a draconic Deadpool with little to no morality at all. That's something I can get behind.

Ooo, new leak? Where? I've been busy playing Sm4sh with my cousins lately.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Prime 3 is canonically before Metroid 2, and I'm assuming Prime 4 will be the same. He'll probably be back to Meta Ridley again.

kylexv

Smash Master
Keep in mind that for Smash 4, for almost a month straight, the pic of the day was just stuff that was already covered at E3 2013 (at least, until Olimar was revealed). I feel that this will repeat for this game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Keep in mind that for Smash 4, for almost a month straight, the pic of the day was just stuff that was already covered at E3 2013 (at least, until Olimar was revealed). I feel that this will repeat for this game.
And how long until Olimar was revealed? I don't remember the gritty details of dates.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Prime 3 is canonically before Metroid 2, and I'm assuming Prime 4 will be the same. He'll probably be back to Meta Ridley again.
I imagine the plot will write Phazon out of continuity (after it fully heals Ridley's original body of course) involve sime big galactic crisis with Metroids threatening populated areas and explain what the hell Ridley was even doing on SR388 in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom