• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Octolings have been around since the start of splatoon though and they've been planned to be playable for a long time, I could definitely see them communicating with splatoon's devs and gotten them in. I mean roy got in before his game came out so it's certainly possible
And it would be cool
The inclusion of Octolings as a last-minute clone addition wouldn't be any stranger than Roy in Melee. Keep in mind clones like Lucina and Dark Pit are easier to implement than even the clones in Melee.
A bit too easy...and edgy
Now I can defenitley see there being less newcomers than last time, but to only get 5-7 newcomers for this game is pretty ridiculous. Sakurai is a hard working man, and would try to add as much content as possible, this goes for newcomers, so I expect something a little higher, like 10 more
I’d stick to 5 at worst and 8 at best

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
People are still surprised about Ridley and I'm just here like "HOLY ****! PICHUUUU!"

Seriously, the more I think about him the more I'd be okay with Mimikyu not making it in. I love Mimikyu to death don't get me wrong but Pichu's a pretty good "second-best."

I can't wait to see what its charge bar is all about.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
People who expect more than 8 remaining newcomers are too optimistic imo.
We got snake, new moveset wolf, ivysaur, squirtle, redesigned ganon, redesigned zelda, Pichu, young pink, and ice climbers. That’s at least 4 newcomers of effort in my opinion, with most having unique movesets.
Does Wolf really have a new Moveset? It looked mostly the same for me.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
When people talk about there being no cuts, in a technical sense, they’re actually wrong, because we lost four characters: Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario. Three of those four are confirmed to still appear, but appearing for one attack is quite a lot less work than having them have full movesets, especially when some of them had some different attacks (like Giga Bowser retaining Brawl Bowser’s moveset.) While none of these characters are equivalent to a full character, it does leave more room for clones or echoes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When people talk about there being no cuts, in a technical sense, they’re actually wrong, because we lost four characters: Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario. Three of those four are confirmed to still appear, but appearing for one attack is quite a lot less work than having them have full movesets, especially when some of them had some different attacks (like Giga Bowser retaining Brawl Bowser’s moveset.) While none of these characters are equivalent to a full character, it does leave more room for clones or echoes.
Mega Lucario better stay...also I think we lost Mega Charizard but I’m not too sure about that

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I never thought about it that way. This is a very good point.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
This is a very minor change, but I want to point out the cool new distortion that appears on Palutena's spot dodge. It looks waaay better than just disappearing and reappearing. It happens right at the start of this video

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How could you forget Mega Charizard Y? We have Triple Finish as a final smash again.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is a very minor change, but I want to point out the cool new distortion that appears on Palutena's spot dodge. It looks waaay better than just disappearing and reappearing. It happens right at the start of this video
It seems to me that the Kid Icarus crew are getting some good buffs

Gimmick-Hater

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that Kraid is added to SSB Ultimate. Metroid needs more reps, and Kraid would be perfect. It's an absolute sin that he's only a stage hazard, and he'd fit perfectly as a fighter instead. People say that he's to big, but that's a silly excuse. He can just be down-sized.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
This question is for everyone. I’m genuinely curious.

Who is one character you want more than all others, and who is one character you don’t want to make it on the roster?

No harsh words or offense. Just answers. Everyone has opinions.

My most wanted: Isabelle. A non-Echo, semi-clone, Isabelle.

My most unwanted: Rayman. I don’t know why honestly, but when I think of him in Smash, I almost cringe.
Most Wanted: Muddy Mole

Most Unwanted: Decidueye

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I really hope that Kraid is added to SSB Ultimate. Metroid needs more reps, and Kraid would be perfect. It's an absolute sin that he's only a stage hazard, and he'd fit perfectly as a fighter instead. People say that he's to big, but that's a silly excuse. He can just be down-sized.
lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

?????????????

Smash Master
Sure, I don't see why not.

latest.png

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Media-only posts aren't allowed.

To be honest, though, Kraid would be a pretty sick character if you just made him the largest character in the game with massive slow attacks. Claw swipes, earthshaking, maybe some acid spitting.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
The only reason I want Dry bowser in the game is so that he can get melee/brawl bowser moveset buffed a bit

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Nah, even if he was scaled down he'd look all types of wrong fighting like a normal smash character tbh, and Kraid is already bigger than ridley in canon as it is. When it comes to more metroid reps Dark Samus and Sylux would be our best options, and both would make awesome characters.

This is honestly one of the best things about ridley being in in addition to him being a more than worthy addition and looking cool as ****, the floodgates for metroid representation are wide ****ing open.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I get that this is a joke, but people were actually saying this to mock Ridley fans in the past, which was a bit absurd, someone even created a Kraid thread after he had an argument with us during Smash 4 speculation with a ton of not-so-subtle jabs at us in the OP. Unlike Ridley Kraid doesn't actually have much appeal outside of being absolutely colossal, it's his entire thing, take that away and he's just some random three-eyed dino guy (or literally a fake version of himself).

On another note, I really want Brinstar Depths back, not just because it was complete and utter chaos, but also for that sweet HD Kraid

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
If you really, like REALLY want to push the "size argument"...

We've already seen Honey Queen from Mario Galaxy and Wizpig from Diddy Kong racing shrunk down to playable size.

It's still really not that weird.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
If we're talking about actually adding more Metroid characters...

...I like Sylux. More power to him if he has a large role in Metroid Prime 4 (which most people assume he does).

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
People are still surprised about Ridley and I'm just here like "HOLY ****! PICHUUUU!"

Seriously, the more I think about him the more I'd be okay with Mimikyu not making it in. I love Mimikyu to death don't get me wrong but Pichu's a pretty good "second-best."

Pichu has no charge bar, it was something from the background, I'm pretty sure

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not sure if we'll get too many new stages, but I do hope we get one from Shadows of Valentia, even if we don't get Celica as a newcomer. I'd hate for one of my favorite games to be completely skipped over with no content.

Plus if we got Duma Tower it'd continue to trend of new stages being towers. :p Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, Duma Tower. Ignore New Donk.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If you really, like REALLY want to push the "size argument"...

We've already seen Honey Queen from Mario Galaxy and Wizpig from Diddy Kong racing shrunk down to playable size.

It's still really not that weird.
When it comes to Kraid I honestly think it's less about size and more the way his frame is, it would look extremely wrong imo if kraid was running and jumping around, Ridley may be big but he's still quick and nimble, kraid barely moves in metroid lmao

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Pichu doesn't have a charge bar.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if we'll get too many new stages, but I do hope we get one from Shadows of Valentia, even if we don't get Celica as a newcomer. I'd hate for one of my favorite games to be completely skipped over with no content.

Plus if we got Duma Tower it'd continue to trend of new stages being towers. :p Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, Duma Tower. Ignore New Donk.
Same here with Xenoblade X, if the game is just completely ignored outside of trophies I'll be upset. My hopes for elma have dropped a little but I want my ****ing NLA/Noctilum/Oblivia/Sylvalum stage

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
When it comes to Kraid I honestly think it's less about size and more the way his frame is, it would look extremely wrong imo if kraid was running and jumping around, Ridley may be big but he's still quick and nimble, kraid barely moves in metroid lmao
I was laughing while envisioning Kraid jumping.

Hey...

...do we have any definitive proof that Sylux is male?

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I was laughing while envisioning Kraid jumping.

Hey...

...do we have any definitive proof that Sylux is male?
“At E3 2015, the producer of the Metroid Prime series, Kensuke Tanabe, confirmed that the pilot was in fact Sylux. He referred to Sylux using male pronouns and expressed his desire to create a game revolving around Samus and Sylux.”

Just a grab from the wiki, so who knows

WITH OUR ANSWERS COMBINED, WE HAVE ONE FULL ANSWER

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, Ultimate reminds me of Project M.
Every character is buffed, and the game is more competitive than Smash 4.
I am excited for this game!

?????????????

Smash Master
“At E3 2015, the producer of the Metroid Prime series, Kensuke Tanabe, confirmed that the pilot was in fact Sylux. He referred to Sylux using male pronouns and expressed his desire to create a game revolving around Samus and Sylux.”

Just a grab from the wiki, so who knows

WITH OUR ANSWERS COMBINED, WE HAVE ONE FULL ANSWER
Hm, yeah. I saw that, but...I wasn't sure if that was intentionally made specific on Tanabe's part, or if it was the translation.

However, after looking into it, I think Tanabe is fluent in English, sooooo...that's probably pretty darn intentional lol.

...I haven't confirmed that, though, if anyone knows better than me.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I noticed the Smash Blog on the official site has a Character of the Day. If they showcase one character every day that means they will run out of characters at some point right? Which means they will HAVE to show someone new after all the old characters are shown. The Character of the Day could be a countdown to a new reveal!

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I hope Waluigi gets into DLC.
Waluigi replaced Ridley for the memes now.

Most wanted: King K Rool

Least wanted: Anymore Pikachu clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom