• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
If it were up to me, I'd honestly redo Wario's moveset, then make Wario-Man his own character so he can have Wario's old moveset so people can shut up about how much of either series Wario should represent and give them both.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also dang, between myself, @Nekoo Hinata Hinata and @Strider_Bond00J We got an entire UNIB Cross Tag Battle going. Dibs on siding with the GRIM REAPER!

Sorry Hyde, but the Orie-Hyde OTP does not account for tiers. :lick:
bEmIiUw.gif

A wise choice~

So there was a topic on Gamefaqs that asked which vets you think will be revealed at E3. So might as well ask what predictions you guys have. Here's mine:

:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4yoshi::4wario2:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik:
:4samus::4zss:
:4kirby:
:4fox:
:4pikachu::4mewtwo:
:4falcon:
:4ness::4lucas:
:popo:
:4marth::4feroy::4corrinf:
:4pit:
:4villager:
:4shulk:
:4duckhunt:
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
:4pacman:
:4ryu:
:4cloud:
:4bayonetta:
:snake:

This is based on the silhouettes, the rumors about smash items at E3 and Vergeben, my theory of the DLC vets being used to advertise to non SSB4 owners, Villager being very safe, and 3rd parties only being revealed at E3.
:4mario::4link::4marth::4pit::4shulk::4bayonetta2::4fox::4falcon::4bowser::4luigi::rosalina::4sonic::4villager::4wiifit:

My guesses.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So there was a topic on Gamefaqs that asked which vets you think will be revealed at E3. So might as well ask what predictions you guys have. Here's mine:

:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4yoshi::4wario2:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik:
:4samus::4zss:
:4kirby:
:4fox:
:4pikachu::4mewtwo:
:4falcon:
:4ness::4lucas:
:popo:
:4marth::4feroy::4corrinf:
:4pit:
:4villager:
:4shulk:
:4duckhunt:
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
:4pacman:
:4ryu:
:4cloud:
:4bayonetta:
:snake:

This is based on the silhouettes, the rumors about smash items at E3 and Vergeben, my theory of the DLC vets being used to advertise to non SSB4 owners, Villager being very safe, and 3rd parties only being revealed at E3.
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4pit::4bowser::4marth::4wario::4sonic::4megaman::4peach::4zelda:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Was there any reason given as to why the shoulder bash was removed? I just don't really understand why it'd be changed.
Sakurai's stated reason was because the Shoulder Bash lacked reach and he thought something that reached a lot farther would be better (though obviously this didn't work out as intended).

All I know is that he's high tier in Brawl and low tier in Smash 4. Take that what you will
Wario is doing better nowadays and is having some pretty decent tournament success (Glutonny especially being on the forefront). And the tier drop had more to do with Wario losing his ridiculous aerial acceleration and generally weaker aerial prowess, rather than because of the new f-smash (even though the new f-smash is a lot less useful).

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
One character I'd like to see revamped but at the same time would never believe Sakurai will revamp is Samus. Samus has so many tools in her arsenal but they aren't really displayed. Her charge shot in particular doesn't really look like any of her beams, but there's no way that'll be changed as it's a staple to her Smash character. Her Smash attacks are just a lot of explosive blasts out of her arm cannon. There's gotta be a way to visually change it. She's got so many beams at her disposal but they aren't utilized.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
One character I'd like to see revamped but at the same time would never believe Sakurai will revamp is Samus. Samus has so many tools in her arsenal but they aren't really displayed. Her charge shot in particular doesn't really look like any of her beams, but there's no way that'll be changed as it's a staple to her Smash character. Her Smash attacks are just a lot of explosive blasts out of her arm cannon. There's gotta be a way to visually change it. She's got so many beams at her disposal but they aren't utilized.
It is interesting to think about how different a character would be if they debuted in a later game. Characters who debuted earlier have simpler movesets and designs because of the developmental resources, expectations, and other circumstances of their inclusion at the time, and then have been stuck with it as Sakurai has been unwilling to change veterans much beyond a few moves and balance adjustments because he doesn't want to alienate their players (and probably also a pragmatic decision too, as revamping a veteran takes a lot more work than just balance adjusting them). Ganondorf is the posterchild of this of course, but most of the original 12 also have this very apparent.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So, for another discussion topic that just came to my mind...

Say Waluigi made it into Smash. Would he be under the Wario Series logo... or the Mario one?

Because Waluigi has never shown up in Land or Ware. But he IS also Wario's brother. So... Would this be the one and only time a character fell under a series icon they technically don't belong to, or would be be a Mario character?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Say Waluigi made it into Smash. Would he be under the Wario Series logo... or the Mario one?

Because Waluigi has never shown up in Land or Ware. But he IS also Wario's brother. So... Would this be the one and only time a character fell under a series icon they technically don't belong to, or would be be a Mario character?
Mario. Maybe if he had a design close to the WarioWare games, I'd say Wario, but he has nothing distinct outside the Mario series...

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Depends on how sakurai perceives it I guess

He could make waluigi a wario character and that could lead to waluigi popping up in wario games for once

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
So there was a topic on Gamefaqs that asked which vets you think will be revealed at E3. So might as well ask what predictions you guys have.
:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4tlink::4fox::4pit::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4wiifit::4villager::4yoshi::4wario::4shulk::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4samus::4zss::4olimar::4kirby::4dedede::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:
There really isn't much time so I think they're going to try and cram as many characters as in as possible.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I think Waluigi would very clearly fit under the Mario logo. Despite his relationship with Wario he wouldn't really make sense being given the WarioWare logo. Waluigi is the Mario spin off king so he fits nicely under there.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Waluigi uses the Mario series icon in Smash 4 (despite the first video shown of him using the Wario icon, which was evidently a mistake.)
Also, where is it said that Waluigi is Wario’s brother? I thought the specific relationship between them was still unknown?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Mario series, since he's not in any Wario games. Don't see that changing, unless he's somehow in WarioWare Gold.

Also Wario and Waluigi are confirmed to not be related. They're just buddies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Assuming there's no new WaWa rep, why not just give him his own logo? He occupies an idiosyncratic space anyway and he'd get that as kinship with Wario without pretending he's from another series.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The real answer to the veterans question:

All of them get revealed, because they reveal at E3 that Smash Switch is a port.

:p

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Waluigi is in the game as a playable fighter, I'm changing my avatar to a robot girl.

SonicMario

Smash Master

To be honest if Waluigi got in and he was given the Wario series symbol despite not being in Wario's games I could be willing to overlook it. Besides, I'd kinda prefer he got Wario's victory theme rather then the Mario victory theme since I think it would fit more with his wacky personality.

I also mentioned this months ago, but it could also be how Waluigi "cheats" his way into Smash by making himself a 2nd rep for Wario when he sees that the mushroom symbol has too many candidates in line.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
To be honest if Waluigi got in and he was given the Wario series symbol despite not being in Wario's games I could be willing to overlook it. Besides, I'd kinda prefer he got Wario's victory theme rather then the Mario victory theme since I think it would fit more with his wacky personality.

I also mentioned this months ago, but it could also be how Waluigi "cheats" his way into Smash by making himself a 2nd rep for Wario when he sees that the mushroom symbol has too many candidates in line.
Not gonna lie as someone who wants a legitimate 2nd WarioWare rep this would upset me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

As noted before, they're not actually Brothers. His origins are rather unknown.

That said, Mario or a unique Spin-Off Sports Franchise Icon. It's the only two he can really fit under. He has a cameo in one WarioWare game, but no proper appearances.

Plus, if they want to a second Wario character, there's ones like Ashley or Captain Syrup(a funnier case since she isn't in WarioWare either, but still is a Wario character regardless. But eh, it'd make more sense than the Mario symbol) who would make more sense.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Since Smash has been increasingly aware in trailers of what it is -- first the letters of invitation in Smash 4 (and that thing with Chrom) and now Inkling literally getting a commencement -- I'd really like to see a trailer featuring a bunch of potential newcomers fighting over who gets to appear, which would be great for a series like Mario and heartbreaking for Pokemon. I kind of want to see Rowlet almost make it and then get roasted by Incineroar.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Mario series, since he's not in any Wario games. Don't see that changing, unless he's somehow in WarioWare Gold.

Also Wario and Waluigi are confirmed to not be related. They're just buddies.
Wait, for real? I never knew that, wow. And I'm usually full of useless trivia for stuff like this. That does explain his absence from the Wario series, I suppose.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

:036: TWO DAYS!!!!!! :036:
31.gif

IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 Buddy, I need you. :)
I am not going to lie.... that ruined my childhood. :/
Just cutting Corrin is ridiculous.

If there are cuts, we are cutting more than one unique character.
I am hoping for no cuts, but if there are cuts, a FE character will most likely go.
Corrin is still popular and so is Lucina.
As popular as Roy is, Roy is the most likely to get cut out of the FE roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/419361087

From Resetera
Most likely fake. Everyone except Corrin coming back? IDK about that. Also it just seems like its piggybacking Vergeben/Imgur with some slight changes.
I mean, it's basically just the IMGUR leak + a few alterations and + Dillon and Spring Man, but to be honest, as much as I like Corrin, I'd sacrifice them for a roster this phenomenal. It's honestly a shame it's so likely fake.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Corrin is still popular and so is Lucina.
As popular as Roy is, Roy is the most likely to get cut.
Wait...

You're citing popularity as a reason to keep Corrin.

But Roy is more popular than Corrin and we have proof of that now.

If anything Corrin is the least popular Fire Emblem character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Development still continues, right? Some cuts still happen later or we might get a new character. Though there is very little time.

D

Deleted member

Wait...

You're citing popularity as a reason to keep Corrin.

But Roy is more popular than Corrin and we have proof of that now.

If anything Corrin is the least popular Fire Emblem character.
Really? I never knew that.
O_o
I hear some people say that Roy is the likeliest character to get cut in the FE roster. Can someone explain this please?

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
After months and months of study and gathering of info from leaks and previous Smash games, I've finally made my list of possible character newcomers, ranked based on how much I want 'em. I'm also adding in the dropped character from Brawl.
The rank is basically a spectrum, that ranges from "I don't care for them but they're objectively good" to "I would be irrationally angry and violent if they aren't in the base roster", so I'm going from least to most wanted.

~ I don't really care for them but they would make fine additions to the roster ~
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Wolf (Star Fox)
- Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

~ Want them, but they're not dealbreakers and I can do without them ~
- Waluigi (Mario/Wario)
- Blood Falcon (F-Zero)
- Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
- Kamek (Yoshi)
- Spring Man (ARMS)
- Any new Fire Emblem representative

~ Average levels of Hype and Hope ~
- Marx (Kirby)
- Alph (Pikmin)
- Ashley (Wario)
- Geno (Mario)
- Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
- Any new Pokémon representative

~ 100% want ~
- Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
- Shantae (Shantae)
- Porky (Mother)
- Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven/Paradise)

~ If they're not added in, I'll send a very angry letter to Reggie ~
- The Ice Climbers

That's it. :popo:
I just wanted to illustrate what are my hopes and dreams for this year's Nintendo conference.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
As much as I am EVER SO VERY MUCH in favor of the idea of removing Corrin and keeping everything else, yeah, that's so beyond fake.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I hope there aren't any cuts. Even the clones. I think a big difference between this development cycle and the last 2 Smash games is gonna make a big difference. Brawl had Subspace, and I don't think this game will have a large story mode that takes a lot of time to make. Smash 4 was split between 2 versions. I can't imagine the stress Sakurai was put under to develop both.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really? I never knew that.
O_o
I hear some people say that Roy is the likeliest character to get cut in the FE roster. Can someone explain this please?
We don't know who is likeliest to get cut. Sakurai doesn't like cutting characters, so if he has time, there might be no cuts from FE. In He doesn't?
Roy is easier to make but Corrin is more unique so who knows.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
After months and months of study and gathering of info from leaks and previous Smash games, I've finally made my list of possible character newcomers, ranked based on how much I want 'em. I'm also adding in the dropped character from Brawl.
The rank is basically a spectrum, that ranges from "I don't care for them but they're objectively good" to "I would be irrationally angry and violent if they aren't in the base roster", so I'm going from least to most wanted.

~ I don't really care for them but they would make fine additions to the roster ~
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Wolf (Star Fox)
- Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

~ Want them, but they're not dealbreakers and I can do without them ~
- Waluigi (Mario/Wario)
- Blood Falcon (F-Zero)
- Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
- Kamek (Yoshi)
- Spring Man (ARMS)
- Any new Fire Emblem representative

~ Average levels of Hype and Hope ~
- Marx (Kirby)
- Alph (Pikmin)
- Ashley (Wario)
- Geno (Mario)
- Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
- Any new Pokémon representative

~ 100% want ~
- Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
- Shantae (Shantae)
- Porky (Mother)
- Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven/Paradise)

~ If they're not added in, I'll send a very angry letter to Reggie ~
- The Ice Climbers

That's it. :popo:
I just wanted to illustrate what are my hopes and dreams for this year's Nintendo conference.
Have a nice day.
a agree with many here, i would say the only ones you misssed have been rayman and banjo, since they are beloved by many
though, i would love to see shantae, she has the potential to be in, but i guess its not a very high one

osby

Smash Obsessed
As much as I am EVER SO VERY MUCH in favor of the idea of removing Corrin and keeping everything else, yeah, that's so beyond fake.
Weirdly enough, same for me. I don't have a problem with him being DLC, but they are pretty much only characters who I'm not interested with their personality.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair, now that Corrin isn't stuck in "My game hasn't been localized yet" limbo, we will most likely get more personality this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom