• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
As long as I get Luce I'll take anything.

Hold up. A possible Awakening sequel? smh now anything they reveal will be disappointing at first.
There was a leak about a week ago that had an E3 schedule with "Fire Emblem: Reawakening" on it. Likely fake though.
Here’s my summer themed costumes.

1. Tokyo 2020 Mario: Tokyo 2020 Olympics is just around the corner and this will be the first Smash game to coincide with a Japanese Olympics! Mario is here in the Olympic Uniform and ready to show how the Mushroom Kingdok wins the gold!
  2. Tourist Pikachu: Wether it’s on Pyrosphere, Wuhu Island, or Guar Plains, Tourist Pikachu is there to capture it with its trusty camera. Decked out in a visor and Hawain shirt, this Electric Rat knows how to live it up overseas!
  3. Surfer Bro Ike: Who knew this Lord knew how to surf?! Complete with his surfer shorts, sunglasses, and trademark headband - he wields his massive surfboard one handed! A true testament to his ability to hang ten!
  4. Summer Kimono Bayonetta: She’s trading in her gothic robes and sporting a fashionable summer kimono from Japan! She looks like she’s ready to go to a summer festival! Or perhaps to lay the smack down on Mario and the gang.
  5. Tribal Donkey Kong: Clad in a tribal mask of the islanders and a coconut bikini and grass skirt, DK is ready to less lose and go all out
  6. Macho Man Contest Falcon: the epitome of macho and manliness! Showcasing his tanned, muscular physique in nothing but a thong, this Captain Falcon is ready to let his Falcon Punch fly straight up to the number one spot in the Macho Man Contest!
  7. Summer Job Zero Suit Samus: Money doesn’t grow on trees and Samus needs a part time job during the summer off months! That’s way she got a job as a waitress at a drive in and park restaurant! Not only does she look good in her 1980’s employee uniform but she looks damn good in those roller skates! Not to mention they help her get around!
  8. Brazilian ROB: Brazil is known for its beautiful beaches and lush jungles. The perfect summer get away! ROB is sporting the green and yellow to show just how Brazil can smash!
  9. Scuba diving Villager: The Villager appears to be a talented diver with all of their collections found in the museum! Clad in his trademark scuba gear, he’s ready to dive into battle
  10. Ranger Wario: Wario seems to be full of unique costumes but a park ranger?! That’s new! He defiantly knows what to do with those who start forest fires! He runs them over with his bike!

Honorable mentions:

Beach Comber Shulk
Camper Ness
Bathing Beauty Rosalina
Flower Girl Peach
Summer Work Casual Lucario
Beach Ball Kirby
I'd be disappointed if the summer skins didn't include someone wielding a giant fish. This mod is perfect.
https://gamebanana.com/skins/155582

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So, assuming Ridley gets in, what do you guys think his Final Smash will be?
What about Omega Ridley from Prime 3? I've never played it myself, but I've read on it enough to think that it would be a fitting Final Smash: just take a giant terrifying space dragon, pump him full of bizarre corrupting stuff, and boom you have a giant terrifying space dragon that's gone through a Godzilla-esque transformation. (NOTICE: EXPOSURE TO PHAZON WILL NOT RESULT IN GROWTH TO THE SIZE OF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING LIKE GODZILLA)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Can we all take a moment to appreciate how in just three months, Ridley has gone from being eternally deconfirmed to suddenly becoming one of the most likely newcomers to be revealed for Smash Switch.

That's so bizarre and cool at the same time.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Can we all take a moment to appreciate how in just three months, Ridley has gone from being eternally deconfirmed to suddenly becoming one of the most likely newcomers to be revealed for Smash Switch.

I'm still wondering if it's been all a very long dream or something. Not complaining though.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Got more credibility after getting Snake before Vergeben, also it got Elma instead of Rex and Phyrria (wich it seems more probable every day).
+ Didn't have any FE characters on it, so the fact that Celica's voice actress denied to be in smash give it some extra points.

There's like a hundreds of fake leaks that also called Snake, didn't make them more credible, in my eyes same for the imgur leak.
Also you're producing false positives.
You can't take Vergeben's leak as being real, since it's not proven yet either.
When you compare something to something else that's not proven your producing this weird result.

Tons of people on this board speculated Elma over Rex & Pyra on this board well before "leaks" began.
Simply for the reason of Sakurai's toy mech and the fact Inklings and BotW Link appeared on Wii U so it garnered the impression Smash Switch would have it's roster more Wii U focused... based on developmental time of smash and how it would have corresponded with Switch games...

Celica's voice actress... dude... you have tunnel vision for wanting this leak to be real... look at everything objectively.

1) Localization may have no of happened yet for English voice acting.
2) Although uncharacteristic of Nintendo, an NDA can stipulate to deny everything. (Meaning she could be lying - or obligated to deny it.)

If you don't account for those as possibilities, and you ignore them, of course it seems to be real.

osby

Smash Obsessed

If he is confirmed to be playable this week, it's going to be weird continuing speculation without him.

Zeox

Smash Champion
There's like a hundreds of fake leaks that also called Snake, didn't make them more credible, in my eyes same for the imgur leak.
Also you're producing false positives.
You can't take Vergeben's leak as being real, since it's not proven yet either.
When you compare something to something else that's not proven your producing this weird result.

Tons of people on this board speculated Elma over Rex & Pyra on this board well before "leaks" began.
Simply for the reason of Sakurai's toy mech and the fact Inklings and BotW Link appeared on Wii U so it garnered the impression Smash Switch would have it's roster more Wii U focused... based on developmental time of smash and how it would have corresponded with Switch games...

Celica's voice actress... dude... you have tunnel vision for wanting this leak to be real... look at everything objectively.

1) Localization may have no of happened yet for English voice acting.
2) Although uncharacteristic of Nintendo, an NDA can stipulate to deny everything. (Meaning she could be lying - or obligated to deny it.)

If you don't account for those as possibilities, and you ignore them, of course it seems to be real.
I said credibility, not being real.
How many times do I need to say that I believe every leak is fake until Nintendo says anything?

?????????????

Smash Master
Man, I guess this is just the morning of angry comments:

"No. Absolutely not. A new fire emblem character with a sword again! MARTH ROY LUCINA IKE CORRIN ROBIN AND CECELIA! PUT AN ARCHER OR A HORSEBACK RIDER INSTEAD! NONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And also just now:

"Was enjoying this video until ridley was talked about"

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
What's the source of that if I may ask?

I guess correction on theory is if real is they saw the plans and said reveal Ridley and inklings with smash reveal and without their knowledge they made a change of plans to E3
Jonneh has had a record of teasing content before it's released for nintendo directs, such as the march direct and unveiling the switch captain toad port and mario tennis aces.

Pic below is of tweet that was formerly in response to a tweet before the direct with a picture of ridley on it.

There have been denials however by Emily, Ryce, and Jonneh after it started gaining attention...

TL:DR Take with a grain of salt, but there's a good chance ResetEra mods know about the roster, although there's been obvious backtracking and Ridley obviously was not shown in the March Direct.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How many times do I need to say that I believe every leak is fake until Nintendo says anything?
Until Smash Switch is out
"WHERE THE **** IS LYN AND RIDLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
And also just now:
"i will accept anything"
If he is confirmed to be playable this week, it's going to be weird continuing speculation without him.
We’ll just move on to the next mega large character

ErenJager

Smash Champion
There's zero credibility to it.

1) No one reputable is backing it.
2) The 'evidence' supporting it is non-substantiated/ speculated rumours.

If it gets a someone like Geno & Mallow correct.
That would be credible in my eyes.
But that would have to come from a confirmation.

But if after E3 all the "safe bet characters" are confirmed on it, doesn't mean anything to me.
Most people's prediction rosters could be considered leaks if that was the case.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Jonneh has had a record of teasing content before it's released for nintendo directs, such as the march direct and unveiling the switch captain toad port and mario tennis aces.

Pic below is of tweet that was formerly in response to a tweet before the direct with a picture of ridley on it.

There have been denials however by Emily, Ryce, and Jonneh after it started gaining attention...

TL:DR Take with a grain of salt, but there's a good chance ResetEra mods know about the roster, although there's been obvious backtracking and Ridley obviously was not shown in the March Direct.
True they backtrack but they still got 2/3 of the direct right (inklings and smash reveal)

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
In other news besides Ridley/etc leaks, looks like the E3 lineup from wall mart leaks were real. The ones with an X are not already confirmed.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
There's zero credibility to it.

1) No one reputable is backing it.
2) The 'evidence' supporting it is non-substantiated/ speculated rumours.

If it gets a someone like Geno & Mallow correct.
That would be credible in my eyes.
But that would have to come from a confirmation.

But if after E3 all the "safe bet characters" are confirmed on it, doesn't mean anything to me.
Most people's prediction rosters could be considered leaks if that was the case.
I use credibility as a "get things right".
If Snake gets in smash, it would get something right, and it will gain credibility.
If a Geno/Mallow team got in smash, it will gain credibility, but that wouldn't make it real, because maybe it was just dumb and the rest would be wrong.
It got small credibility for getting some stuff right, like Snake and Elma chances got up.
Is still fake because well... Nintendo didn't said anything.
I don't use credibility as a confirmation but as getting things right (or at least, not wrong).

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
True they backtrack but they still got 2/3 of the direct right (inklings and smash reveal)
"Inklings and Smash reveal"

Was anyone really surprised by that? That was the safebet to end safebets, Smash was inevitably going to be revealed soon at that point, and Inklings were obviously going to get in. It doesn't mean anything.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Sorry, don't believe it. There's no way these people would keep this quiet. They like to pretend they have info to lord over people's heads. They have had leaks in the past, they will in the future. And what happens? THEY LEAK STUFF. They don't sit on it and play coy.

It doesn't even make basic sense. Someone communicating the roster to them wants it to go public. If they refused to release it, their source would talk to someone else.

What's more, the more people know, the higher the chance of a leak. When the Switch hardware hack was first found, the hackers told Nintendo and no one else. The second group published it online. Because not everyone has the same ethical standards.

The Recetera mods are certainly not the paragons of virtue. They'd have leaked info in a heartbeat if they actually had any.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Sorry, don't believe it. There's no way these people would keep this quiet. They like to pretend they have info to lord over people's heads. They have had leaks in the past, they will in the future. And what happens? THEY LEAK STUFF. They don't sit on it and play coy.

It doesn't even make basic sense. Someone communicating the roster to them wants it to go public. If they refused to release it, their source would talk to someone else.

What's more, the more people know, the higher the chance of a leak. When the Switch hardware hack was first found, the hackers told Nintendo and no one else. The second group published it online. Because not everyone has the same ethical standards.

The Recetera mods are certainly not the paragons of virtue. They'd have leaked info in a heartbeat if they actually had any.
This post was implying they did leak something, then backtracked when it started gaining attention for the sake of not compromising a source.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Was anyone really surprised by that? That was the safebet to end safebets, Smash was inevitably going to be revealed soon at that point, and Inklings were obviously going to get in. It doesn't mean anything.
Well yea but there's definatly a chance there were also some safe bet characters that could have ben revealed on that though.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I use credibility as a "get things right".
If Snake gets in smash, it would get something right, and it will gain credibility.
If a Geno/Mallow team got in smash, it will gain credibility, but that wouldn't make it real, because maybe it was just dumb and the rest would be wrong.
It got small credibility for getting some stuff right, like Snake and Elma chances got up.
Is still fake because well... Nintendo didn't said anything.
I don't use credibility as a confirmation but as getting things right (or at least, not wrong).
It's so easy to get things right though, especially predictable characters.
Plus nothings been confirmed, so it hasn't got anything right, as of yet.
So I don't see how this imgur leak is more credible then the thousands of text leaks on 4chan that came before it with similar characters on them.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Well yea but there's definatly a chance there were also some safe bet characters that could have ben revealed on that though.
And that is how you build up your credibility as a "leaker" if you don't actually have any info, you make a small risk and pick ONE of those safe-bets over the other, take the 50-50 and hope you win, because if you win people will start thinking you're credible and then you can start misdirecting people into believing whatever you want.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This post was implying they did leak something, then backtracked when it started gaining attention for the sake of not compromising a source.
Uh-huh.

And who would this source be? Why would he talk to a handful of forum mods over the entire rest of the internet? How would he know the roster when now, a month later, we still know nothing about it, despite there being tons more people who do? If this guy wanted people to know what’s in the game, why didn’t he say anything to anyone else when it became clear these “leakers” weren’t actually going to leak anything?

No, what happened was, they were trolling, and it got too big. If Ridley turned out to not be in the game, their credibility would be shot forever. So they had to hedge their bets. By backtracking and equivocating, they get the best of both worlds. They can claim “well, it was just stuff we heard” if it’s wrong, or “see, we knew everything” if it’s right. And it works because guessing a character that has a 50-50 chance to begin with, but claiming you have “sources”, is enough to prove they know everything.

Sorry, no, not buying it.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I can't believe that we are just 4 days away from the reveal of a brand new Smash game. Followed by tons of gameplay from Treehouse and the invitational. It just seems too good to be true!

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman

Well ****, I know you're advising not to take Reset's word as holy, but is there now a chance that they could've gotten Ridley wrong?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well ****, I know you're advising not to take Reset's word as holy, but is there now a chance that they could've gotten Ridley wrong?
There’s a chance any leak, from any source, could be gotten wrong.

There’s a chance, however, that they were just lying and making stuff up, and that they have no info at all. Why does that not occur to people?

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Uh-huh.

And who would this source be? Why would he talk to a handful of forum mods over the entire rest of the internet? How would he know the roster when now, a month later, we still know nothing about it, despite there being tons more people who do? If this guy wanted people to know what’s in the game, why didn’t he say anything to anyone else when it became clear these “leakers” weren’t actually going to leak anything?

No, what happened was, they were trolling, and it got too big. If Ridley turned out to not be in the game, their credibility would be shot forever. So they had to hedge their bets. By backtracking and equivocating, they get the best of both worlds. They can claim “well, it was just stuff we heard” if it’s wrong, or “see, we knew everything” if it’s right. And it works because guessing a character that has a 50-50 chance to begin with, but claiming you have “sources”, is enough to prove they know everything.

Sorry, no, not buying it.
I'm implying that they had information because of the captain toad/tennis aces stuff that's too coincidental to be guessed imo. Also just because you got told information in private doesn't mean they would want to leak it to the entire internet. Although I agree it's wise to be skeptical, better to go in and be happily surprised than to be expecting and disappointed.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can't believe that we are just 4 days away from the reveal of a brand new Smash game. Followed by tons of gameplay from Treehouse and the invitational. It just seems too good to be true!
we could possibly get early reveal from a leaker on the direct or demon roster starting tomorrow

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Nintendo NY will have a playable demo from June 12th - 15th as well.

What are the chances of a disgruntled employee leaking it before the 12th?
What's the chances of the demo being dumped and datamined by a disgruntled employee?

Slim chances of pre-E3 leaks.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Guys about the Resetera Ridley tease. Didn't people later say they didn't know anything and were just messing up with people? I swear I heard that. I mean sure I do think they legit knew about Mario Tennis or Smash beforehand but idk I can't buy the Ridley teasing

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In other news besides Ridley/etc leaks, looks like the E3 lineup from wall mart leaks were real. The ones with an X are not already confirmed.
Why are there X’s on confirmed games? Unless I’m reading everything in life wrong

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys about the Resetera Ridley tease. Didn't people later say they didn't know anything and were just messing up with people? I swear I heard that. I mean sure I do think they legit knew about Mario Tennis or Smash beforehand but idk I can't buy the Ridley teasing
That's why vergeben leak brought the Ridley playable back (I don't know if the resetera gang said that)

He nailed the two switch games for konami and there's only 2 switch games

(And please don't give me the he possibly piggybacked argument)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Did you forget all the people confidently saying Smash wasn't going to be revealed at that point and meming on how Smash fans kept expecting Smash to get revealed every direct only for it not to? At that point it was pretty unexpected, as a lot of people thought it was too late for a port, yet too soon for a new Smash.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
This is true. Jonneh admitted to just messing around. Ryce says he knows nothing of this smash. Vergeben is the only one holding the ridley torch.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
That's why vergeben leak brought the Ridley playable back (I don't know if the resetera gang said that)

He nailed the two switch games for konami and there's only 2 switch games

(And please don't give me the he possibly piggybacked argument)
I didn't mention Vergeben at all, I was solely talking about the Resetera mods saying something "big" (this big thing clearly alluded to be Smash-related) was coming and etc

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok now I'm confused

Why is nearly everybody accusing vergeben of piggybacking resetera thing if they came clean they didn't know anything about Ridley

I mean I sort of recal it started after they said that.

Why starting tomorrow exactly?
Because E3 starts tomorrow (not the Nintendo part)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom