• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I can't wait for Super Smash Bros vs Capcom vs Marvel vs Blazblue Cross Tag Battle vs Mortal Kombat vs DC universe vs Shrek Super Slam
Edit: & Knuckles
Edit2: Featuring Dante from Devil May cry
CANT ESCAPE FROM CROSSING FATE, FIGHT!!!

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I mean other than Lyn, she did win the CYL poll in FE Heroes, and was included in FE Warriors, so her chances of making it in was good. I may want Lyn more than I do Celica, but I still hope somehow Celica gets in so that (bigger) fans of her can be happy. Ultimately the choice comes down to Sakurai, he has broken his words before remember when he said Villager wouldn't work out for Smash and yet look what happened.

I mean isn't the fact that he goes against words one of the main reasons people believe Ridley is possible, and consider how far IS has been pushing Lyn and Celica due to popularity (just looked it up, 5 Alt costumes!? Damn!), do you honestly think they haven't ask him to try to include both or at least one them in the roster even if its DLC thereby ensuing a next Lucina scenario (please don't our babies Sakurai)?

Again, its up to Sakurai but he's always been fond of FE and IS of him. I may keep my expectations low, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet for both of them FE fans and Smash fans alike.

Don't give me Idea tormenting others with a hot pink Lucario sounds like a golden idea to me (just please make him and his moves faster Sakurai even if you nerf his Aura mechanic a bit).
You forget that the FE poll with Lyn was done after the roster was made in 2016

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Armored mewtwo for smash:
If only we could have nice things...

Oh well. At least the black and white Mewtwo looks cool.

I mean other than Lyn, she did win the CYL poll in FE Heroes, and was included in FE Warriors, so her chances of making it in was good. I may want Lyn more than I do Celica, but I still hope somehow Celica gets in so that (bigger) fans of her can be happy. Ultimately the choice comes down to Sakurai, he has broken his words before remember when he said Villager wouldn't work out for Smash and yet look what happened.

I mean isn't the fact that he goes against words one of the main reasons people believe Ridley is possible, and consider how far IS has been pushing Lyn and Celica due to popularity (just looked it up, 5 Alt costumes!? Damn!), do you honestly think they haven't ask him to try to include both or at least one them in the roster even if its DLC thereby ensuing a next Lucina scenario (please don't our babies Sakurai)?

Again, its up to Sakurai but he's always been fond of FE and IS of him. I may keep my expectations low, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet for both of them FE fans and Smash fans alike.

Don't give me Idea tormenting others with a hot pink Lucario sounds like a golden idea to me (just please make him and his moves faster Sakurai even if you nerf his Aura mechanic a bit).
I'm definitely not saying a FE newcomer is impossible, but if Celica's VA is telling the truth, then I don't see many other viable options. Sakurai rarely retreads over old games to add newcomers to franchises that already have several characters, so if newer guys like Alm and Celica can't get in Smash, I have doubts about Lyn, Hector, Chrom, or any other older FE character getting in Smash.

And IS doesn't control Sakurai and the Smash games. There are dozens of other series Sakurai has to look at, and seeing how people are already accusing him of FE bias, I can see why he might be inclined to deny IS's request should they ask for another FE character. Heck, it took him until Brawl to show some love to his own Kirby series.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I know that this out of the blue, but shouldn't Kirby get a buff on his B move swallow. Is any one else interest in the move being more viable or fun than just swallowing opponents? Why limit it to that when you have the potential to suck in items or other attacks and transform into different Kirby form. Suck up Mario's fireball and become Fire Kirby, instead of an average fireball why not a stream of fire like flamethrower but without needing Charizard to get it.

Turning into Spark Kirby from electric attacks, Water Kirby when sucking in hydro pump, water shuriken or other water attacks, Tornado Kirby from sucking windboxes, Wheel Kirby (Wario's bike), Ice Kirby (freezie, and ice based attacks) Beam Kirby (laser/blaster attacks) the list goes on and on and it would be just Neutral B as always, everything else would be the same.

I think not only would it make Kirby viable, but how fun would it be to just eat your opponent's attack and see the look on their faces as transform right then and their, since it would also force them not to spam their specials too.

You forget that the FE poll with Lyn was done after the roster was made in 2016
I know, that's also why I include the chance of them coming in as DLC as well.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wow this thread moves fast. 10 pages in less than 12 hours (do y'all sleep?)

So let's say Ridley is in fact revealed at E3? How do you all think it'd go?

I see it one of two ways. It's a secret unlockable fighter right after the tournament. Or he's in a main trailer, similar to the reveal trailer. Everyone is fighting and Samus steps out of the arena. She's walking down a long dark corridor and suddenly, a huge purple figure flies right into her, knocking her to the ground. The figure launches high into the air, and nosedives to the ground. Right when it's at the ground, you get the splashcard:

"Ridley is too big to handle!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know that this out of the blue, but shouldn't Kirby get a buff on his B move swallow. Is any one else interest in the move being more viable or fun than just swallowing opponents? Why limit it to that when you have the potential to suck in items or other attacks and transform into different Kirby form. Suck up Mario's fireball and become Fire Kirby, instead of an average fireball why not a stream of fire like flamethrower but without needing Charizard to get it.

Turning into Spark Kirby from electric attacks, Water Kirby when sucking in hydro pump, water shuriken or other water attacks, Tornado Kirby from sucking windboxes, Wheel Kirby (Wario's bike), Ice Kirby (freezie, and ice based attacks) Beam Kirby (laser/blaster attacks) the list goes on and on and it would be just Neutral B as always, everything else would be the same.

I think not only would it make Kirby viable, but how fun would it be to just eat your opponent's attack and see the look on their faces as transform right then and their, since it would also force them not to spam their specials too.
I still don't know how they program 50+ moves to him.

Also the reason Kirby is so low on the tier lists might be due to how hard balancing multiple moves, similar to Palutena and Miis.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If only we could have nice things...

Oh well. At least the black and white Mewtwo looks cool.

I'm definitely not saying a FE newcomer is impossible, but if Celica's VA is telling the truth, then I don't see many other viable options. Sakurai rarely retreads over old games to add newcomers to franchises that already have several characters, so if newer guys like Alm and Celica can't get in Smash, I have doubts about Lyn, Hector, Chrom, or any other older FE character getting in Smash.

And IS doesn't control Sakurai and the Smash games. There are dozens of other series Sakurai has to look at, and seeing how people are already accusing him of FE bias, I can see why he might be inclined to deny IS's request should they ask for another FE character. Heck, it took him until Brawl to show some love to his own Kirby series.
You have a point like I said all I can do is just keep my expectations low.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I have a feeling that Verge is fake and then when the real characters are revealed at e3 everyone will go crazy

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I have a feeling that Verge is fake and then when the real characters are revealed at e3 everyone will go crazy
I mean, everyone will go crazy whenever a rumor or is fake or not-

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Anything new with Vergeben? Has it come crashing down? Did anything that made him more "credible" popped up?
I mean, everyone will go crazy whenever a rumor or is fake or not-
I remember with Robin everyone thought we would get Shulk because of the Gematsu leaker saying so but we got Robin, Lucina and Captain Falcon and everyone went crazy.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know. Instead of getting Ridley like Verge said, we'd probably get someone random like K. Rool.

Man, everyone would be so disappointed that Verge was wrong... (Yes, this is sarcasm.)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Anything new with Vergeben? Has it come crashing down? Did anything that made him more "credible" popped up?
Nope, still point blank for now- Nothing has changed, we'll wait for E3.

Oh man.. I was already excited for the possibility of 40-45 minutes.
So we have one source saying 45minute, another saying 30minute
Either we believe the E3 schedule or the Niconico stream schedule

P.Kat

Smash Champion
But what if she is an still an assist trophy in the base game?
Then sadly that'll the end of my road for supporting Lyn and there would be nothing more that I can do (not that I could do much now anyway) except support/be glad for everyone else's characters (and chances) to get in, and hope one of my other characters have a better chance of getting in.

I still don't know how they program 50+ moves to him.

Also the reason Kirby is so low on the tier lists might be due to how hard balancing multiple moves, similar to Palutena and Miis.
Well, they wouldn't have to add in all his transformations just like about 10 (20 max) of them. Some attacks can be copied and some can't.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Oh- An update from the picture compilation Anon, I guess I'll continue to relay it-
Click because Smash Board is an *** with picture right now
The update?
>Separate Vergeben/Riddler leak more so people don't confuse them.
>Put colored square around each subject
>Add the deconfirmation from Celica's VA.
>More rumor from Vergeben's Source who say they saw Ridley assest and that the show floor is mostly SmashBros.
>More rumor for other games, Star Fox Grand Prix, Just Cause 4, Two Dragon ball game, a Jump Fighting game, Viewtiful Joe3- (Keep in mind, they shouldn't all be revealed at E3)
Huh, so Verge claimed Just Cause 4 was a thing? That leaked on steam a few hours ago. Was that a rumor before or what?

I still don't buy this, but it would be interesting if that was an original claim.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
we totaly should have a thread here with a smash Bingo, i mean that would be fun wouldnt it?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Don't know why, but I have a great hunch that Watch Dogs 3 will be revealed during this E3.

Do you think it could appear on Switch? I know the first Watch Dogs was on Wii U, which was brilliant in theory, but I heard the excecution was not.
The second skipped the Wii U, but it could come back for Switch, I'd think.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros have two water-type Pokemons: Squirtle and Greninja.

I wonder if Smash Bros switch would include Pokemon Fighters with different atributes.

What do you prefer? Squirtle or Greninja? Explain why.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Huh, so Verge claimed Just Cause 4 was a thing? That leaked on steam a few hours ago. Was that a rumor before or what?

I still don't buy this, but it would be interesting if that was an original claim.
Very interesting: If he knew about Just cause 4 on the 5th, that's extremely interesting information because it was only leaked online publicly yesterday.
That being said, the Wall mart listing leak had already happened on the 5th, so it isn't the most shocking information if it hit the light that day
Not as nearly as good/predictive as his castlevania/konami information but still a decent call.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I wonder if Smash Bros switch would include Pokemon Fighters with different atributes.

Squirtle is nice and all but I think Greninja's design lend itself to a fighting game better.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp as of tomorrow it's the point of no return

E3 starts so at that point forward a leaker could sneak in and get a photo of the demo roster or early direct footage

I remember with Robin everyone thought we would get Shulk because of the Gematsu leaker saying so but we got Robin, Lucina and Captain Falcon and everyone went crazy.
He was still right on shulk though he just got who was going to get revealed that's Day wrong that's when he realized there was a change of plans

Oh I'm notice we are back to 30 minutes on the direct

Prove it, it said that direct is 45 minutes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nintendeal/status/1004480308320882688?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Oh so anything new on the vergeben leak?

I know. Instead of getting Ridley like Verge said, we'd probably get someone random like K. Rool.

Man, everyone would be so disappointed that Verge was wrong... (Yes, this is sarcasm.)
For the last time it can't be confirmed fake or real until Tuesday (actually it could be proven Tomorrow between Monday actually since E3 is tomorrow and we could get leaked photo of the demo roster or early direct footage)

And I told you before he nails the konami things perfectly

But I'm especting fake for safety reason but yes I feel king k rool as a reveal would make more sense than Ridley since there's a 80% chance king k rool is the second most voted character on the ballot around the world (assuming sakurai didn't lie about bayonetta getting number 1)

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s my summer themed costumes.

1. Tokyo 2020 Mario: Tokyo 2020 Olympics is just around the corner and this will be the first Smash game to coincide with a Japanese Olympics! Mario is here in the Olympic Uniform and ready to show how the Mushroom Kingdok wins the gold!
  2. Tourist Pikachu: Wether it’s on Pyrosphere, Wuhu Island, or Guar Plains, Tourist Pikachu is there to capture it with its trusty camera. Decked out in a visor and Hawain shirt, this Electric Rat knows how to live it up overseas!
  3. Surfer Bro Ike: Who knew this Lord knew how to surf?! Complete with his surfer shorts, sunglasses, and trademark headband - he wields his massive surfboard one handed! A true testament to his ability to hang ten!
  4. Summer Kimono Bayonetta: She’s trading in her gothic robes and sporting a fashionable summer kimono from Japan! She looks like she’s ready to go to a summer festival! Or perhaps to lay the smack down on Mario and the gang.
  5. Tribal Donkey Kong: Clad in a tribal mask of the islanders and a coconut bikini and grass skirt, DK is ready to less lose and go all out
  6. Macho Man Contest Falcon: the epitome of macho and manliness! Showcasing his tanned, muscular physique in nothing but a thong, this Captain Falcon is ready to let his Falcon Punch fly straight up to the number one spot in the Macho Man Contest!
  7. Summer Job Zero Suit Samus: Money doesn’t grow on trees and Samus needs a part time job during the summer off months! That’s way she got a job as a waitress at a drive in and park restaurant! Not only does she look good in her 1980’s employee uniform but she looks damn good in those roller skates! Not to mention they help her get around!
  8. Brazilian ROB: Brazil is known for its beautiful beaches and lush jungles. The perfect summer get away! ROB is sporting the green and yellow to show just how Brazil can smash!
  9. Scuba diving Villager: The Villager appears to be a talented diver with all of their collections found in the museum! Clad in his trademark scuba gear, he’s ready to dive into battle
  10. Ranger Wario: Wario seems to be full of unique costumes but a park ranger?! That’s new! He defiantly knows what to do with those who start forest fires! He runs them over with his bike!

Honorable mentions:

Beach Comber Shulk
Camper Ness
Bathing Beauty Rosalina
Flower Girl Peach
Summer Work Casual Lucario
Beach Ball Kirby

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
The direct was listed as 45 min. For planning and executive reasons for e3. They are going to tell us it's 30 min. But there will be a 15 min. Surprise at the end!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But what if she is an still an assist trophy in the base game?
If that happens, I’ll accept it and force my self to gain the Lyn (assist)trophy

Greninja...because he’s from a different gen and has a cool ninja style of fighting...cause it’s apart of his name
Here’s my summer themed costumes.

1. Tokyo 2020 Mario: Tokyo 2020 Olympics is just around the corner and this will be the first Smash game to coincide with a Japanese Olympics! Mario is here in the Olympic Uniform and ready to show how the Mushroom Kingdok wins the gold!
  2. Tourist Pikachu: Wether it’s on Pyrosphere, Wuhu Island, or Guar Plains, Tourist Pikachu is there to capture it with its trusty camera. Decked out in a visor and Hawain shirt, this Electric Rat knows how to live it up overseas!
  3. Surfer Bro Ike: Who knew this Lord knew how to surf?! Complete with his surfer shorts, sunglasses, and trademark headband - he wields his massive surfboard one handed! A true testament to his ability to hang ten!
  4. Summer Kimono Bayonetta: She’s trading in her gothic robes and sporting a fashionable summer kimono from Japan! She looks like she’s ready to go to a summer festival! Or perhaps to lay the smack down on Mario and the gang.
  5. Tribal Donkey Kong: Clad in a tribal mask of the islanders and a coconut bikini and grass skirt, DK is ready to less lose and go all out
  6. Macho Man Contest Falcon: the epitome of macho and manliness! Showcasing his tanned, muscular physique in nothing but a thong, this Captain Falcon is ready to let his Falcon Punch fly straight up to the number one spot in the Macho Man Contest!
  7. Summer Job Zero Suit Samus: Money doesn’t grow on trees and Samus needs a part time job during the summer off months! That’s way she got a job as a waitress at a drive in and park restaurant! Not only does she look good in her 1980’s employee uniform but she looks damn good in those roller skates! Not to mention they help her get around!
  8. Brazilian ROB: Brazil is known for its beautiful beaches and lush jungles. The perfect summer get away! ROB is sporting the green and yellow to show just how Brazil can smash!
  9. Scuba diving Villager: The Villager appears to be a talented diver with all of their collections found in the museum! Clad in his trademark scuba gear, he’s ready to dive into battle
  10. Ranger Wario: Wario seems to be full of unique costumes but a park ranger?! That’s new! He defiantly knows what to do with those who start forest fires! He runs them over with his bike!

1. There’s a lack of anime characters here

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013

Squirtle, I love the little turtle's move arsenal way more than Greninja's.

Welp as of tomorrow it's the point of no return

But I'm especting fake for safety reason but yes I feel king k rool as a reveal would make more sense than Ridley since there's a 80% chance king k rool is the second most voted character on the ballot around the world (assuming sakurai didn't lie about bayonetta getting number 1)
Love K.Rool but a potential Ridley reveal at E3 would make a bit more sense imo. That isn't discounting K.Rool at all I just think Ridley, and the Metroid series in general are in a stronger position to make more of a potential splash at the event. Beggars can't be choosers though :p

Remember we never received data from the ballot so we dont know who "placed" where...

Also Squirtle > Greninja, cos i'm a filthy Genwunner.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Love K.Rool but a potential Ridley reveal at E3 would make a bit more sense imo. That isn't discounting K.Rool at all I just think Ridley is in a stronger position to make more of a potential splash at the event. Beggars can't be choosers though :p

Apparently K.Rool was a popular choice all around, but remember we never received data from the ballot so we dont know who "placed" where...

Also Squirtle > Greninja, cos i'm a filthy Genwunner.
Also, people must remember that Ridley was already a boss in smash 4, so obviously a lot of his supporters didn't vote for him.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also, people must remember that Ridley was already a boss in smash 4, so obviously a lot of his supporters didn't vote for him.
Reasonable for them to have not voted for a character who’s in the game technically and not just a trophy

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Just to remind you guys: Vergeban isn't the first to mention Ridley will be playable. Several other sources have hinted or teased at Ridley before him, going back to the March Direct that revealed this Smash, most notably the mods at Resetera. Verg was just the one who brought the rumor to light publically, since he seems more well known.
As far as we know though, only Verg and the Reset mods have mentioned the possibility of playable Ridley, with Verg championing it as his most legit rumor, and the mods mentioning it once shortly after that Direct, but have gone silent since then.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
What happening with Greninja?
Is Greninja really sucks and Squirtle better?

Swimsuit characters? Put this...

CHO ANIKI
This is better than Goku in a swimsuit.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, wouldn't big reveal being Ridley, imply Nintendo is catering to western fans this time?

It's not impossible, considering how much push LoZ, Metroid and DKC have recently.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh- An update from the picture compilation Anon, I guess I'll continue to relay it-
Click because Smash Board is an *** with picture right now
The update?
>Separate Vergeben/Riddler leak more so people don't confuse them.
>Put colored square around each subject
>Add the deconfirmation from Celica's VA.
>More rumor from Vergeben's Source who say they saw Ridley assest and that the show floor is mostly SmashBros.
>More rumor for other games, Star Fox Grand Prix, Just Cause 4, Two Dragon ball game, a Jump Fighting game, Viewtiful Joe3- (Keep in mind, they shouldn't all be revealed at E3)
The dream is to have a J-Stars fighting game that's actually decent... assuming this is real, I hope I'm not asking too much... >_>

Zeox

Smash Champion
Also, wouldn't big reveal being Ridley, imply Nintendo is catering to western fans this time?

It's not impossible, considering how much push LoZ, Metroid and DKC have recently.
I wish nintendo pushed a little more so we could have Mother 3.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just to remind you guys: Vergeban isn't the first to mention Ridley will be playable. Several other sources have hinted or teased at Ridley before him, going back to the March Direct that revealed this Smash, most notably the mods at Resetera. Verg was just the one who brought the rumor to light publically, since he seems more well known.
As far as we know though, only Verg and the Reset mods have mentioned the possibility of playable Ridley, with Verg championing it as his most legit rumor, and the mods mentioning it once shortly after that Direct, but have gone silent since then.
Actually I have done some reading

But I heard suposivly the said inklings and Ridley would revealed along with the reveal

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeakReview/status/989414448522645505

They got half of it right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom