• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshi with Baby Mario on his back and Everytime you get hit you lose just like you did in Yoshi's Island, with crying and everything.
Or have it's ACTUAL gameplay effect of having Yoshi never receive knockback but loses Baby Mario and he has to grab him before time runs out. It would make him SSS-tier

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think a color customizer is great for people who want to have alts other than preset ones.

It also allows characters that have barely have alts that are very similar be different for once. (Sonic, Pac-Man, Cloud maybe...)

EDIT: We’re a weekend and a day away bois, soon all of our questions will be answered (well most of them).

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think a color customizer is great for people who want to have alts other than preset ones.

It also allows characters that have barely have alts that are very similar be different for once. (Sonic, Pac-Man, Cloud maybe...)
You just explained yourself why a color customizer is impossible.
Sonic and Pac-man (Cloud is a non Issue since his costume ACTUALLY comes from his games and reference the SOLDIER rank).

Sonic and Pac-Man would be a problem with a color customizer. I know that Sonic have in his use contract that he's Blue and no other colors (In a merchandising contract that was leaked a while ago) Probably explaining why Sonic only have Shade of blue, and Pac-man is probably in the same issue to only be Yellow.

So if a Color customizer have to happens, Sega and Namco will have to remove the broom from their ass and allow Sonic to go full OC recolor and Pac-man to not be a lemon

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

The only downside is that people are going to create some of the most obnoxious rainbow and bright neon colored alts we've ever seen. I'm terrified to think of what would happen with Lucario.

Zeox

Smash Champion
You just explained yourself why a color customizer is impossible.
Sonic and Pac-man (Cloud is a non Issue since his costume ACTUALLY comes from his games and reference the SOLDIER rank).

Sonic and Pac-Man would be a problem with a color customizer. I know that Sonic have in his use contract that he's Blue and no other colors (In a merchandising contract that was leaked a while ago) Probably explaining why Sonic only have Shade of blue, and Pac-man is probably in the same issue to only be Yellow.

So if a Color customizer have to happens, Sega and Namco will have to remove the broom from their *** and allow Sonic to go full OC recolor and Pac-man to not be a lemon
Or some characters could have that option locked, so you can customize almost all characters except for the ones that doesn't allow that (could be also locked just for third party characters)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Or some characters could have that option locked, so you can customize almost all characters except for the ones that doesn't allow that (could be also locked just for third party characters)
>Sakurai locking an option from some characters if that option is in the base game
Literally will never happen. Sakurai would rather go through Goku's licencing nightmare than locking an option from some character's fan.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes, Sakurai himself have confirmed that the new smash is cancelled because we are all a bunch of dorks, then he released a new shrek fighting game and dance at the rhythm of "do the mario".
It's not what we want but it's what we deserve.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
DfKgxfAXUAEXASO.jpeg
Niconico have listed the Direct at 30 minutes. Niconico are usually on the mark. We're getting into the 96 hours mark so everything is likely finalized at this point.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I’m not one to crack the whip and demand everyone talk about Smash and only Smash and straying off from Smash Discussion is the death penalty but let’s do try to keep off-topic banter from dominating pages of discussion.

A little off-topic is ok here and there and is good for discussion.

Here’s something, I mentioned before if fifteen Smash characters were to get Halloween costumes for Halloween; what would they be? Something like what Capcom does for Street Fighter.

How about summer vacation themed costumes?

What if 10 characters were to get costumes modeled after summer themes? I’ll post my later.

Now that's fun, I'll do the Halloween theme, because summer theme to me is just people in bathing suits ... so, let's see;

Donkey Kong - Pirate Kong.
Luigi - Zombie.
Peach - Nurse Costume.
Captain Falcoon - Cardboard Box-Man.
Palutena - Witch Costume.
Ike - Werewolf.
Mr. Game & Watch - An extra dimention.
Duck Hunt Duo - Fireman Costume.
Wario - Vampire.
King Dedede - Polar Bear.
Ness - Robot.
Yoshi - T-Rex.
Ganondorf - Jester/Creepy Clown.
Pikachu - Mummy.
Falco - Robocop-ish.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh- An update from the picture compilation Anon, I guess I'll continue to relay it-
Click because Smash Board is an ass with picture right now
The update?
>Separate Vergeben/Riddler leak more so people don't confuse them.
>Put colored square around each subject
>Add the deconfirmation from Celica's VA.
>More rumor from Vergeben's Source who say they saw Ridley assest and that the show floor is mostly SmashBros.
>More rumor for other games, Star Fox Grand Prix, Just Cause 4, Two Dragon ball game, a Jump Fighting game, Viewtiful Joe3- (Keep in mind, they shouldn't all be revealed at E3)

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Speaking of alts, not totally related to the themed ones but whatever.

Wouldn't it be cool to have an option where you can pick hues for certain parts of the skin yourself? Can't really see it happening honestly but it would make for some pretty interesting customisation possibilities
I feel like Sakurai has only scratched the surface for character customization, I believe we all be in for a treat this time around for Smash

Oh- An update from the picture compilation Anon, I guess I'll continue to relay it-
Click because Smash Board is an *** with picture right now
The update?
>More rumor from Vergeben's Source who say they saw Ridley assest and that the show floor is mostly SmashBros.
>More rumor for other games, Star Fox Grand Prix, Just Cause 4, Two Dragon ball game, a Jump Fighting game, Viewtiful Joe3- (Keep in mind, they shouldn't all be revealed at E3)
Just give me Star Fox Grand Prix so I have a slightly higher chance to have Krystal for Smash. Star Fox (as well as other franchises) are due for more characters.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The only downside is that people are going to create some of the most obnoxious rainbow and bright neon colored alts we've ever seen. I'm terrified to think of what would happen with Lucario.
Why did you have to bring that up?

RustyRemains

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1666-4551-3124
I can't wait for Sakurai to add customisable alts in the game but somehow locks the colours required to make a shiny Pokemon's colour palette because we are just not allowed to have those

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The update?
Celica's VA denied being involved with Smash? Must have missed that.

Regardless, I'm not surprised if she's telling the truth. FE already had a decent number of newcomers in Smash 4. Unless Sakurai was desperate for finding potential newcomers, I don't see why Celica would've been a high priority.

Alm supporters are probably optimistic now though.

Why did you have to bring that up?
Because I'm evil and malicious. Enjoy fighting against a hot pink Lucario. :p

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm calling it now. Fun, and new game play mechanic, blinding and annoying people with super bright color patterns that would put Lisa Frank to shame.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It’d be cool if we actually got alternate costumes this time.

You know, for more than a few characters.

You know, like for characters that have a lot of canon appearances.

You know like suits of armor.

Power armor.

Different suits of power armor.

...FOR IRON MAN WHEN THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE CROSSOVER IS CONFIRMED

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Regardless, I'm not surprised if she's telling the truth. FE already had a decent number of newcomers in Smash 4. Unless Sakurai was desperate for finding potential newcomers, I don't see why Celica would've been a high priority.

More like Alm doesn't stand a chance now

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

Power armor.

John, I don't think that's how it works.

Still, I'd love more costumes!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Power armor.

Iron Man has been in Smash since the beginning
:samus64:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Power armor.

I can't wait for Super Smash Bros vs Capcom vs Marvel vs Blazblue Cross Tag Battle vs Mortal Kombat vs DC universe vs Shrek Super Slam
Edit: & Knuckles
Edit2: Featuring Dante from Devil May cry

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't wait for Super Smash Bros vs Capcom vs Marvel vs Blazblue Cross Tag Battle vs Mortal Kombat vs DC universe vs Shrek Super Slam
From all these, only Nocturne still gives me flashbacks.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Dude you cracked the code! The newcomers revealed at e3 will be Dante and Knuckles and this games title will be Super Smash Bros Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry Series and Knuckles.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
The update?
This part has me a bit worried for Ridley. It almost sounds fake.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I mean other than Lyn, she did win the CYL poll in FE Heroes, and was included in FE Warriors, so her chances of making it in was good. I may want Lyn more than I do Celica, but I still hope somehow Celica gets in so that (bigger) fans of her can be happy. Ultimately the choice comes down to Sakurai, he has broken his words before remember when he said Villager wouldn't work out for Smash and yet look what happened.

I mean isn't the fact that he goes against words one of the main reasons people believe Ridley is possible, and consider how far IS has been pushing Lyn and Celica due to popularity (just looked it up, 5 Alt costumes!? Damn!), do you honestly think they haven't ask him to try to include both or at least one them in the roster even if its DLC thereby ensuing a next Lucina scenario (please don't our babies Sakurai)?

Again, its up to Sakurai but he's always been fond of FE and IS of him. I may keep my expectations low, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet for both of them FE fans and Smash fans alike.

Don't give me Idea tormenting others with a hot pink Lucario sounds like a golden idea to me (just please make him and his moves faster Sakurai even if you nerf his Aura mechanic a bit).

GrownManJones

Smash Cadet
Before I lose the chance to say this, where's the Birdo hype?!

Birdo was always thrown around as a wanted character for Melee, and Brawl. Somewhat for Sm4sh but not as much. However Birdo is awesome and would be great to have a second character with super amour and parries like Yoshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom