• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Guys, forget about Ridley, I have 100% real proof that Ridley will not be in E3:
757.jpg

He ded
Rip Ridley, goodnight space pirate.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, assuming Ridley gets in, what do you guys think his Final Smash will be?
If it isn't made an alternate costume for him, maybe a Meta Ridley transformation? It'd be pretty simple to do, but nothing extravagant.

Otherwise, I'm unsure. There's a variety of attacks from the Metroid series that, if not used in his moveset, could be used as a Final Smash.

?????????????

Smash Master
a.) Some kind of transformation that makes him bigger and allows him to free fly; something similar to Yoshi's Final Smash.

b.) Ridley flies up and spits down a giant fireball that causes a large explosion (he does this in Other M).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think it'd probably just be some kind of big fire attack, a Meta Ridley transformation would be too similar to Yoshi and Charizard's Final Smashes imo.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Like King Dedede’s Brawl Final Smash? Then have Ridley do his own version of the Big Gay Dance while he’s at it.
Man, I wish someone would make an animation of that....
I would but it'd turn out terrible.

a.) Some kind of transformation that makes him bigger and allows him to free fly; something similar to Yoshi's Final Smash.

b.) Ridley flies up and spits down a giant fireball that causes a large explosion (he does this in Other M).
This is my guess.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I know a lot of people say Ridley's proportions are too extreme to be worked into a playable character, but if so Melee Donkey Kong is up there as well. Melee Donkey kong actually has extremely long arms/legs, they are just curled up into his model so he's quite bendy.

Staarih

Smash Master
I think a Meta Ridley transformation is most suitable, it's been referred to so many times in other Smash games. He doesn't necessarily have to be "movable" in this form if it's too close to Yoshi/Charizard - it could be closer to Mewtwo's where he transforms and then does a big fire/plasma attack or whatever, and transforms back.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok reminder to everybody

E3 starts tomorrow so from that point we could end up with early direct leaks or a demo roster of smash bros switch leak

And that alone could show if the leak is real or fake

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Actually I have done some reading

But I heard suposivly the said inklings and Ridley would revealed along with the reveal

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeakReview/status/989414448522645505

They got half of it right
Yeah, it is interesting that the mods originally claimed Ridley would be shown in the Direct alongside Inklings, but that didn't happen. What's wierd is that, we would have immediately dismissed them teasing Ridley as a joke, considering how he's become a meme for the Smash community now, but the mods are still certain that he will be playable.
It's a bit confusing, and right now I'm trying to wonder if they're being honest, or again, it's all a joke because of Ridley's "too big" meme status.

?????????????

Smash Master
So...here's a comment I got today.

"Including Snake is so tone deaf. Konami basically stepped over Kojima, a close friend of Sakurai, and you expect Snake to return? But he was cool, so **** morals right?"

Zeox

Smash Champion

"Including Snake is so tone deaf. Konami basically stepped over Kojima, a close friend of Sakurai, and you expect Snake to return? But he was cool, so **** morals right?"
Pretty sure Kojima wanted Snake to comeback in the smash 4 ballot times, or at least I remember that, could be wrong.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Surprised no ones suggested it. I think he should fly into the background and swoop in towards the screen, either grabbing anyone or knocking them away. Depending on which he could do it multiple times. If it's a grab they can then have it be a cutscenes of him dragging them across a wall and KOing them.

(EDIT: Found it https://youtu.be/rjPT8JVKueU
Roughly what he does a little after 2:00. It would either knock people away or go into a cutscenes like the beginning with what he does to Samus. Would be a cool call back.

It's also what he does when he enters the Pyrosphere stage. Seems to be something Sakurai has defintely established Ridley does in the smash games)

I'd like that a lot better then just a big fireball or a meta Ridley transformation since that doesn't really makes sense for him to just transform into (should be an alt though). The space pirate idea is neat but also kind of weird because we've never seen him really direct or order them have we?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Its business though...

D

Deleted member

The dream is to have a J-Stars fighting game that's actually decent... assuming this is real, I hope I'm not asking too much... >_>
Arcsys should just do a J-Stars fighting game.
I know a lot of people say Ridley's proportions are too extreme to be worked into a playable character, but if so Melee Donkey Kong is up there as well. Melee Donkey kong actually has extremely long arms/legs, they are just curled up into his model so he's quite bendy.
I never thought that DK could look so horrifying.....

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Back during Sm4sh speculation I thought of Ridley potentially having a “trapping” Final Smash like Captain Falcon’s Blue Falcon, with Ridley attacking the nearest fighters with his talons and taking them to Pyrosphere and grinding them against its walls.

But since we’re likely not getting Other M content as the main theme for Metroid in this game, that’s probably unlikely.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, it is interesting that the mods originally claimed Ridley would be shown in the Direct alongside Inklings, but that didn't happen. What's wierd is that, we would have immediately dismissed them teasing Ridley as a joke, considering how he's become a meme for the Smash community now, but the mods are still certain that he will be playable.
It's a bit confusing, and right now I'm trying to wonder if they're being honest, or again, it's all a joke because of Ridley's "too big" meme status.
I'm starting to think based of the vergeben

Assuming it's real

What if resetera saw the plan and saw that smash first reveals are inklings and Ridley and maybe they decided to make a change of plans to show Ridley at E3 instead and vergeben discovered that. He's sources are either legit or not I mean he got the konami things right for E3

Little far fetch but a theory that came to my head when I saw that.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Does the apparent Steam leak of Just Cause 4 help Vergeben's leak or had that been mentioned by someone else before he said anything about it?

Also, I know people might get upset about this, but I have to say something because I keep seeing it and it has been bothering me:
It's supposedly, not suposivly.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think based of the vergeben

Assuming it's real

What if resetera saw the plan and saw that smash first reveals are inklings and Ridley and maybe they decided to make a change of plans to show Ridley at E3 instead and vergeben discovered that. He's sources are either legit or not I mean he got the konami things right for E3

Little far fetch but a theory that came to my head when I saw that.
ResetEra mods came forwards months before Vergeben "leaked" Ridley.
There's also the Ryce statement as well which helps increase legitimacy.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Is the Imgur leak 100% fake or no?
Just as fake as any 4chan/ reddit leak posted daily.
It's not backed by anything.
Someone posted pics on imgur as hints.
Which is something me, you, or anyone on this board could have easily done.
You can put as much stock into it as any leak.

It has a handful peoples favourite characters on it, so ppl cling to it more so then other non-substantiated fake leaks.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ResetEra mods came forwards months before Vergeben "leaked" Ridley.
There's also the Ryce statement as well which helps increase legitimacy.
What's the source of that if I may ask?

I guess correction on theory is if real is they saw the plans and said reveal Ridley and inklings with smash reveal and without their knowledge they made a change of plans to E3

monadoboy

Smash Lord

I don't get this mentality at all. As an artist, I love my characters. Even if a company cheated me out of copyrights or whatever it would never stop me from loving the characters I poured hours and headaches into. Of course I'd love to see them featured in one of the biggest crossovers ever. Do people expect Kojima to throw away all the love he had for MGS now? I don't get it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is the Imgur leak 100% fake or no?
Not 100% confirmed fake

But it got rabbit punched by a user named masked man who suposivly works for square enix and said some of those characters are fakes (most likely talking about sora or geno or both) it's not confirmed fake yet because he doesn't know about the others

Zeox

Smash Champion
Just as fake as any 4chan/ reddit leak posted daily.
It's not backed by anything.
Someone posted pics on imgur as hints.
You can put as much stock into it as any leak.
Got more credibility after getting Snake before Vergeben, also it got Elma instead of Rex and Phyrria (wich it seems more probable every day).
+ Didn't have any FE characters on it, so the fact that Celica's voice actress denied to be in smash give it some extra points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom