• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
This is true. Jonneh admitted to just messing around. Ryce says he knows nothing of this smash. Vergeben is the only one holding the ridley torch.
Not exactly? From what I remember the guy over at ResetERA with the Saitama avatar (forget his username) never said anything against his hinting after the March direct.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Ok now I'm confused

Why is everybody accusing vergeben of piggybacking resetera thing if they came clean they didn't know anything about Ridley

I mean I sort of recal it started after they said that.

Because E3 starts tomorrow (not the Nintendo part)
That's why I asked that, I was confused too
bc I remember the Resetera mods saying they were just messing around but people kept bringing the "teasing" as something potentially real that Vergeben was just piggybacking
I highly doubt this is the case

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Welp, if see any headline about a big Smash leak in the next few days, you won't be seeing me till after the presentation. I would much rather wait a few days and get my my blown by a crazy hype trailer than find out about the newcomers from a file dump lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Welp, if see any headline about a big Smash leak in the next few days, you won't be seeing me till after the presentation. I would much rather wait a few days and get my my blown by a crazy hype trailer than find out about the newcomers from a file dump lol.
You can still be hyped by seeing them onscreen :D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That's why I asked that, I was confused too
bc I remember the Resetera mods saying they were just messing around but people kept bringing the "teasing" as something potentially real that Vergeben was just piggybacking
I highly doubt this is the case
Exactly I mean if vergeben would have seen that

If he was piggybacking wouldn't vergeben have removed the Ridley part if he saw they were messing around.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
You can still be hyped by seeing them onscreen :D
Yeah, but you can't honestly say the surprise doesn't make it better. You only get to experience the reveal for the first time once, and I want to go in thinking anything could happen. Just my take on it though.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm implying that they had information because of the captain toad/tennis aces stuff that's too coincidental to be guessed imo. Also just because you got told information in private doesn't mean they would want to leak it to the entire internet. Although I agree it's wise to be skeptical, better to go in and be happily surprised than to be expecting and disappointed.
Right. So Camelot is working on the Smash series now? Good to know!

Knowing the reveal date and title of one game in no way are indicative of knowing closely guarded secrets of another. Different series, different developers, different sources, and different scales of information.

We know they had ACES info. But they couldn’t even leak the roster of that game, it was the data miners who did that.

Reveal info is easy to find. Do you know how Emily Rogers leaked the Pokémon Let’s Go stuff a day in advance? Because the press had to fly out to the event, and basic details were provided. That sort of information is a lot more accessible.

Keep in mind, I still think Ridley is going to be in the game. But not because some fairy voices in my head told me so (I stopped listening to them when the lottery tickets didn’t pan out). It’s simple logic. Ridley has retained relevancy throughout the entire Smash history. Ridley has been in every Smash game. Sakurai has clearly worked more and more on Ridley each game. Cutscene to boss to two bosses to boss that can be made playable with a basic mod. Ridley is the biggest name not yet in Smash. Ridley has massive fan support.

You don’t need leaks to put these together and determine that Ridley has at least fifty-fifty odds of getting in the game. His odds aren’t as good as K. Rool’s, but they’re pretty up there. He’s a relatively safe name that brings a ton of attention.

Too much, in fact. When they were just trolling Recetera members, it was an easy score. When the entire internet homed in, suddenly they had a lot at stake, and they backed down. Their reputations would ride on this, and his chances aren’t a sure thing.

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...looks like I'm in the dark with Ridley again. So from all this we have:
1) The Reset mods, who have now been revealed to have just been joking around(??)
2) Vergeban, who has an untrustworthy track record as a leaker, mostly because he doesn't quality check his sources and has a history of getting a lot of things wrong moreso than he get things right.

And on Verg himself: He's originally claimed that his source that told him Ridley will be playable is his most trustworthy one, and he has lately been doubling down on that, saying with confidence on both Reddit and Gamefaqs that "Ridley will be playable"
But recently, I've heard he's been contradicting himself with his Ridley source? Something about supposedly seeing Smash material related to Ridley at E3, and how now he's saying he only met this source, despite claiming him/her to be the most trustworthy one??(Can someone clarify this please? I've only heard that he might have said this on Reddit)
Jesus Christ, this is going to end in such a crash and burn for the Ridley fanbase if it doesn't pay off.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Exactly I mean if vergeben would have seen that

If he was piggybacking wouldn't vergeben have removed the Ridley part if he saw they were messing around.
If you’re piggybacking removing a part of it would be a terrible idea. Nothing would scream that he was piggybacking more than adjusting his information based on other people’s. A leak that is not consistent is not believable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Right. So Camelot is working on the Smash series now? Good to know!

Knowing the reveal date and title of one game in no way are indicative of knowing closely guarded secrets of another. Different series, different developers, different sources, and different scales of information.

We know they had ACES info. But they couldn’t even leak the roster of that game, it was the data miners who did that.

Reveal info is easy to find. Do you know how Emily Rogers leaked the Pokémon Let’s Go stuff a day in advance? Because the press had to fly out to the event, and basic details were provided. That sort of information is a lot more accessible.

Keep in mind, I still think ridley is going to be in the game. But not because some fairy voices in my head told me so (I stopped listening to them when the lottery tickets didn’t pan out). It’s simple logic. Ridley has retained relevancy throughout the entire Smash history. Ridley has been in every Smash game. Sakurai has clearly worked more and more on Ridley each game. Cutscene to boss to two bosses to boss that can be made playable with a basic mod. Ridley is the biggest name not yet in Smash. Ridley has massive fan support.

You don’t need leaks to put these together and determine that Ridley has at least fifty-fifty odds of getting in the game. His odds aren’t as good as K. Rool’s, but they’re pretty up there. He’s a relatively safe name that brings a ton of attention.

Too much, in fact. When they were just trolling Recetera members, it was an easy score. When the entire internet homed in, suddenly they had a lot at stake, and they backed down. Their reputations would ride on this, and his chances aren’t a sure thing.

I'm Impressed you are the first one Tim realize this out of everybody here leak or not

Sakurai may actually be crawling one step at a time to make a playable ridley

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Ok now I'm confused

Why is nearly everybody accusing vergeben of piggybacking resetera thing if they came clean they didn't know anything about Ridley

I mean I sort of recal it started after they said that.

Because E3 starts tomorrow (not the Nintendo part)
There's a lot of misinformation about these rumours being thrown about.
It would be nice to have a dedicated thread or individual tracking it.

In regards to Vergeben piggybacking, I think that notion came up because the characters he's claiming that will be in the game, all/ most had been leaked or suggested first from other sources. The correlation to resetera and Ridley was then extrapolated. It went down a speculation rabbit hole as to why Restera backtracked, people started saying they did so to cool the heat off the leak, others said it was just a bad joke.

Vergeben's leak felt predictable, outside of Simon Belmont.
However Simon Belmont was leaked by twitter user Stealth__ prior to Vergegen leaking him.

Then it became this convoluted discussion/ speculation.

Was Vergeben actually leaking information from his sources or piggybacking off multiple others to create his own unified leak.
We don't really know.

Then we get into the Konami Game leaks, which i'm not sure what that resulted in.

Then we have Vergeben predict Snake.

Which also feels like a safe bet based off what Stealth___ leaked.
Stealth___ stated Sakurai went to multiple third parties to renew characters for Smash Switch.
Konami being one of those parties.
Suggesting a Snake return, and a Simon Belmont (which was outright stated by Stealth) inclusion.

Emily Rogers also said this will be the biggest and most complete Smash Bros ever.
Which would suggest no cuts, which coincides with Stealth___ saying Sakurai went to every third party for renewal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...here's a comment I got today.

"Including Snake is so tone deaf. Konami basically stepped over Kojima, a close friend of Sakurai, and you expect Snake to return? But he was cool, so **** morals right?"
1-Why are we forgetting the amout of dumb **** that other companies have done in the past? I specifically remember everyone wanting Activision's head on the pike for everything they have done in the last few years (Pro Skater 5, Guitar Hero Live and it's microtransactions, etc) and yet when the N.Sane Trilogy was released that rage vanished and now everyone is supporting Crash,. what about SEGA's nonsense that the fans had to fix themselves? i don't see people wanting Sonic removed because of the **** they have pulled, and what about Mega Man? Everybody jumped on the "Capcom hates Mega Man" bandwagon and people said Mega Man wouldn't be in Smash due to Capcom's Treatment (remember by 2011, a lot of Mega Man games were already cancelled) and yet he made it anyway, and no i don't buy the "Konami is hard to work with" excuse when Cloud got in (and Square always got this argument thrown in his way) and they already negotiated with Konami for Snake in Brawl.

"BUT BUT THEY ABUSE THEIR WORKERS AND ABUSE KOJIMA! SNAKE SHOULD NOT REUTRN REEEEEEEEEEEE!" yeah i know and it's bad, did you also know rumors by verified sources of a japanese gaming company kidnapping the sister of a Nintendo employee? News flash mate, the gaming industry is not free of shady business pratices or bad stuff happening as early as the 80's, from copyright wars to harsh treatment of third parties by console manifacturers.

Which brings me to my next point:

2-The people that support or expect Snake's return (alongside the inclusion of Simon and/or even Bomberman) do NOT support any stupid stuff Konami does. Let me ask you, what if Kojima wants Snake back? Does this mean he supports the dumb **** Konami did to him? NO, he just wants his inonic beloved character duking it out with Mega Man, Pikachu, Mario, etc becaue any creater would be proud to be in that situation,and the same goes to the developers and creators of Castlevania such as Hitoshi Akamatsu (the director of the NES Castlevania trilogy). What about the developers of Super Bomberman R? Why do they suffer the blame for something that they have no control over instead of the HIGHER UPS at Konami that are guilty about this? Are you gonna boycott Smash Bros if Simon, Snake and/or Bomberman get in even if the developers were happy of the idea of them beign in Smash just because of the actions of the higher ups at a company? or the fans of the franchise that want it to be in a good state?

It's pretty simple, if they do dumb **** ,we will call them out, and if they do good products and choices we will support them.

3-This is business and Sakurai does it for the fans of Smash Bros and Nintendo and Gaming in general. He wants to do the best character game in the world, hence the inclusion of characters like Ryu, Cloud, Sonic and Mega Man those are the characters people really are attachted to, and if he has to go through "the devil" as people like to put it, he will, because Metal Gear is one of the most inconic franchises of all time and Castlevania is fondy remembered by gamers of the 80's and 90's and it's legacy is still sending ripples of inspiration to this day and age (there's a reason as to why Bloodstained's Kickstarter was the most successful gaming-related campaing until Shenmue 3 beat it).

Instead of "**** morals" why don't you just swallow your moral superiority complex because all you are doing is Virtue Signalling, you are pretending to be better than you actually are, because all we are talking about are ****ING video games. I want a good game, i will support the good descicions that will lead to a good game (bad descicions will not lead to good games obviously, which is why Konami has been failling) and having one of my favorite gaing franchises and characters in one of my favorite game franchises to me equals to a good game (A.K.A Simon Belmont in Smash).

But that's just what i think personally. Just saiyan.

Oh by the way Pizzadudemanguy i love your Smash videos and sorry if this seems a little um......visceral i guess? Im just tired of people putting the Konami is evil card and calling it a day instead of doing more research on the subject. The text above was directed at the guy who made the youtube comment, not you. You are cool in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Jonneh has had a record of teasing content before it's released for nintendo directs, such as the march direct and unveiling the switch captain toad port and mario tennis aces.

Pic below is of tweet that was formerly in response to a tweet before the direct with a picture of ridley on it.

There have been denials however by Emily, Ryce, and Jonneh after it started gaining attention...

TL:DR Take with a grain of salt, but there's a good chance ResetEra mods know about the roster, although there's been obvious backtracking and Ridley obviously was not shown in the March Direct.
You messed up. Your post implies Emily was denying knowing about the roster, but it was actually denying a claim from Memoryman3 saying Emily was teasing Ridley, which she wasn’t. All she said was “hope the servers don’t get smashed tonight”. (I’ll have to find the post).

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
There's a lot of misinformation about these rumours being thrown about.
It would be nice to have a dedicated thread or individual tracking it.

In regards to Vergeben piggybacking, I think that notion came up because the character he's claiming that will be in the game, all/ most had be leaked or suggested first from other sources. The correlation to resetera and Ridley was then extrapolated. It went down a speculation rabbit hole as to why Restera backtracked, people started saying they did so to cool the heat off the leak, others said it was just a bad joke.

Vergeben's leak felt predictable, outside of Simon Belmont.
However Simon Belmont was leaked by twitter user Stealth__ prior to Vergegen leaking him.

Then it became this convoluted discussion/ speculation.

Was Vergeben actually leaking information from his sources or piggybacking off multiple others to create his own unified leak.
We don't really know.

Then we get into the Konami Game leaks, which i'm not sure what that resulted in.

Then we have Vergeben predict Snake.

Which also feels like a safe bet based off what Stealth___ leaked.
Stealth___ stated Sakurai went to multiple third parties to renew characters for Smash Switch.
Konami being one of those parties.
Suggesting a Snake return, and a Simon Belmont (which was outright stated by Stealth) inclusion.

Emily Rogers also said this will be the biggest and most complete Smash Bros ever.
Which would suggest no cuts, which coincides with Stealth___ saying Sakurai went to every third party for renewal.
An important note about Ridley is that Rogersbase has been convinced that Ridley is playable after Samus Returns and Stealth___ also thinks Ridley is getting in, according to a recent video on the matter.
Might count more as speculation than an actual leak but who knows

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
1-Why are we forgetting the amout of dumb **** that other companies have done in the past? I specifically remember everyone wanting Activision's head on the pike for everything they have done in the last few years (Pro Skater 5, Guitar Hero Live and it's microtransactions, etc) and yet when the N.Sane Trilogy was released that rage vanished and now everyone is supporting Crash,. what about SEGA's nonsense that the fans had to fix themselves? i don't see people wanting Sonic removed because of the **** they have pulled, and what about Mega Man? Everybody jumped on the "Capcom hates Mega Man" bandwagon and people said Mega Man wouldn't be in Smash due to Capcom's Treatment (remember by 2011, a lot of Mega Man games were already cancelled) and yet he made it anyway, and no i don't buy the "Konami is hard to work with" excuse when Cloud got in (and Square always got this argument thrown in his way) and they already negotiated with Konami for Snake in Brawl.

"BUT BUT THEY ABUSE THEIR WORKERS AND ABUSE KOJIMA! SNAKE SHOULD NOT REUTRN REEEEEEEEEEEE!" yeah i know and it's bad, did you also know rumors by verified sources of a japanese gaming company kidnapping the sister of a Nintendo employee? News flash mate, the gaming industry is not free of shady business pratices or bad stuff happening as early as the 80's, from copyright wars to harsh treatment of third parties by console manifacturers.

Which brings me to my next point:

2-The people that support or expect Snake's return (alongside the inclusion of Simon and/or even Bomberman) do NOT support any stupid stuff Konami does. Let me ask you, what if Kojima wants Snake back? Does this mean he supports the dumb **** Konami did to him? NO, he just wants his inonic beloved character duking it out with Mega Man, Pikachu, Mario, etc becaue any creater would be proud to be in that situation,and the same goes to the developers and creators of Castlevania such as Hitoshi Akamatsu (the director of the NES Castlevania trilogy). What about the developers of Super Bomberman R? Why do they suffer the blame for something that they have no control over instead of the HIGHER UPS at Konami that are guilty about this? Are you gonna boycott Smash Bros if Simon, Snake and/or Bomberman get in even if the developers were happy of the idea of them beign in Smash just because of the actions of the higher ups at a company? or the fans of the franchise that want it to be in a good state?

3-This is business and Sakurai does it for the fans of Smash Bros and Nintendo and Gaming in general. He wants to do the best character game in the world, hence the inclusion of characters like Ryu, Cloud, Sonic and Mega Man those are the characters people really are attachted to, and if he has to go through "the devil" as people like to put it, he will, because Metal Gear is one of the most inconic franchises of all time and Castlevania is fondy remembered by gamers of the 80's and 90's and it's legacy is still sending ripples of inspiration to this day and age.

Instead of "**** morals" why don't you just swallow you moral superiority complex because all you are doing is virtue signalling, you are pretending to be better than you actually are, because all we are talking about are ****ING video games. I want a good game, i will support the good descicions that will lead to a good game (bad descicions will not lead to good games obviously, which is why Konami has been failling) and having one of my favorite gaing franchises and characters in one of my favorite game franchises to me equals to a good game (A.K.A Simon Belmont in Smash).

But that's just what i think personally. Just saiyan.

Oh by the way Pizzadudemanguy i love your Smash videos and sorry if this seems a little um......visceral i guess? Im just tired of people putting the Konami is evil card and calling it a day instead of doing more research on the subject. The text above was directed at the guy who made the youtube comment, not you. You are cool in my book.
Oh, no, I completely understood the context of your statement! Thank you very much!

I'm more upset that commenter had the nerve to throw my morality into question because of Super Smash Bros. opinions.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I look at the Kojima and Konami beef this way...

Either Kojima still considers Snake his baby and wants the character to be included in Smash despite his relationship with Konami. (Don't punish the child because the parents can't get along mentality)

Or Sakurai and Kojima are ride or die brothers and are sticking it to Konami by not including Snake.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
An important note about Ridley is that Rogersbase has been convinced that Ridley is playable after Samus Returns and Stealth___ also thinks Ridley is getting in, according to a recent video on the matter.
Eh, I've heard Stealth__ has a shaky history as a leaker aswell

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That would be a better reveal trailer than a boss hazard fake out

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Can we all take a moment to appreciate how in just three months, Ridley has gone from being eternally deconfirmed to suddenly becoming one of the most likely newcomers to be revealed for Smash Switch.

After seeing how much people wanted him for YEARS, I'm truly happy for everyone. Hopefully he'll be a great character to play as if he comes. So here's hoping for Space Pirate Dragon (Barney) to make it's way to Smash :)

That's so bizarre and cool at the same time.
Man, I guess this is just the morning of angry comments:

"No. Absolutely not. A new fire emblem character with a sword again! MARTH ROY LUCINA IKE CORRIN ROBIN AND CECELIA! PUT AN ARCHER OR A HORSEBACK RIDER INSTEAD! NONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And also just now:

"Was enjoying this video until ridley was talked about"
Well... ouch. Geez some people just can't let others hope to have nice things.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Regarding Snake and Kojima, in an interview shortly before Smash 4's release, Kojima was asked about Snake being in Smash 4 and he said he still wanted to see Snake in Smash, and asked if Sakurai was watching the interview, if he could bring back Snake. This whole "Sakurai won't include Snake because he's Kojima's friend" is completely unfounded and contradicted by Kojima's own statements.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Huh, so Verge claimed Just Cause 4 was a thing? That leaked on steam a few hours ago. Was that a rumor before or what?

I still don't buy this, but it would be interesting if that was an original claim.
Just Cause 4 was already leaked by Walmart like a month ago.

Smash Bros have two water-type Pokemons: Squirtle and Greninja.

I wonder if Smash Bros switch would include Pokemon Fighters with different atributes.

What do you prefer? Squirtle or Greninja? Explain why.
Squirtle, in so many ways and for so many reasons.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know, I was thinking about this after our conversation the other night about Smash OCs as playable characters. And actually... I think we kinda already have one.
:rob:
I mean, think about it. The only real thing R.O.B. has as a direct reference to his games is his Gyro. The laser eyes are debatable since that's how he "gets commands" from the TV in his games, but I digress. R.O.B. has no stage, no trophies based off his own games, his Final Smash references absolutely nothing. But what he IS, is a primary character in Subspace. Like, a very primary character, considering he's the Minister.

R.O.B. seems like he was entirely crafted to be a mostly original fighter, all things considered.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Can we all take a moment to appreciate how in just three months, Ridley has gone from being eternally deconfirmed to suddenly becoming one of the most likely newcomers to be revealed for Smash Switch.

That's so bizarre and cool at the same time.
I would say I'm living the dream, but it only matters if he actually is in the game, so I'm not holding my breath yet. Been let down too many times xD.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we're in the state of sayign things that we'll laugh at out past selves for if this ends up being true (i.e. Shulk = photoshopped Little Mac)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You know, I was thinking about this after our conversation the other night about Smash OCs as playable characters. And actually... I think we kinda already have one.
:rob:
I mean, think about it. The only real thing R.O.B. has as a direct reference to his games is his Gyro. The laser eyes are debatable since that's how he "gets commands" from the TV in his games, but I digress. R.O.B. has no stage, no trophies based off his own games, his Final Smash references absolutely nothing. But what he IS, is a primary character in Subspace. Like, a very primary character, considering he's the Minister.

R.O.B. seems like he was entirely crafted to be a mostly original fighter, all things considered.
Captain Falcon’s move set is entirely original and shaped his series’ later games.

Roy was the only character who had no outside appearances at the time he debuted in Smash.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bros. pulls a Fortnite and makes Thanos a playable character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Little known fact - Ridley was even in smash 64. He can be seen flying around in the background of brinstar

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/5/5c/Ridley_in_Planet_Zebes_(Super_Smash_Bros.).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141206135433
Ridley has waited for his time throughout all of Smash time
So we're in the state of sayign things that we'll laugh at out past selves for if this ends up being true (i.e. Shulk = photoshopped Little Mac)
such terrible memories
Smash Bros. pulls a Fortnite and makes Thanos a playable character.
Thanos is the only one who can bring balance to the Smash competitive scene

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Captain Falcon’s move set is entirely original and shaped his series’ later games.

Roy was the only character who had no outside appearances at the time he debuted in Smash.
I mean, yeah, but in Cap's case you literally had to take a character who is always in a vehicle and make him not in a vehicle. So of course liberties had to be taken there. Plus he seems as though he was primarily based on the "original" fighters 64 had before it became a Nintendo Brawler.

And Roy just ended up being a clone because Marth existed and was a good foundation.

R.O.B. honestly has a LOT of other things from Gyromite and Stack Up he could have used in his kit, but besides the Gyro, he was given... Lasers and jet boosters. I feel like making R.O.B. more like a... Well, Robot, was an attempt to make an almost entirely original fighter out of him.

Of course I am absolutely just spit balling here, absolutely not saying I'm right in any capacity, haha.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind, I still think Ridley is going to be in the game. But not because some fairy voices in my head told me so (I stopped listening to them when the lottery tickets didn’t pan out). It’s simple logic. Ridley has retained relevancy throughout the entire Smash history. Ridley has been in every Smash game. Sakurai has clearly worked more and more on Ridley each game. Cutscene to boss to two bosses to boss that can be made playable with a basic mod. Ridley is the biggest name not yet in Smash. Ridley has massive fan support.

Y'know you do bring up a very good point. Ridley seems to be then only non-playable relevant character in Smash who has risen in prominence with each game. At this point, you have to ask: what can Sakurai do more with Ridley that puts him at the forefront, like he's been with the past two Smash games? I just hope he doesn't relegate Ridley to an assist trophy, but it looks like Sakurai respects the character so much that I bet even he would see that as a downgrade.
Man, it's been so crazy: in the face of all these leaks and rumors either being proven false or untrustworthy, the desire and necessity to finally having Ridley as a playable character has never been greater. We can only hope that Ridley isn't that one character Sakurai refuses to change his mind on.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Yeah, but you can't honestly say the surprise doesn't make it better. You only get to experience the reveal for the first time once, and I want to go in thinking anything could happen. Just my take on it though.
Suit yourself: the sooner I get to know who's in, the sooner I can get hyped up for the game. I'm impatient like that, please forgive me.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
And on Verg himself: He's originally claimed that his source that told him Ridley will be playable is his most trustworthy one, and he has lately been doubling down on that, saying with confidence on both Reddit and Gamefaqs that "Ridley will be playable"
But recently, I've heard he's been contradicting himself with his Ridley source? Something about supposedly seeing Smash material related to Ridley at E3, and how now he's saying he only met this source, despite claiming him/her to be the most trustworthy one??(Can someone clarify this please? I've only heard that he might have said this on Reddit)
Jesus Christ, this is going to end in such a crash and burn for the Ridley fanbase if it doesn't pay off.
Vergeben's claimed four sources are:
*Someone from Bandai Namco who told him about them developing Metroid Prime 4, that claims Ridley is in.
*Someone who claims Ridley, ICs, Belmont, and Snake are in with no cuts.
*Someone who backs up the prior claims, and additionally claimed there would be Minecraft content in Smash, and told him about the Castlevania games.
*Someone who claims Ridley is in and saw E3 material for him, thus the claim Ridley will be revealed at E3. This guy Vergeben claims he doesn't know the credibility of, but ultimately it doesn't matter because Ridley would be in regardless (just if this source is wrong, Ridley won't necessarily be revealed at E3).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom