• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
e3 is absolutely going to be a massacre when it comes to characters. assists, pokeballs and stage hazards/backgrounds, bosses, trophies and the Master Troll himself, Sakurai, there are so many ways for characters to get deconfirmed.
Unless he decides to troll us even harder by avoiding all of those things by disabling Pokeballs, AT's, and hiding all stages with notable background characters, to keep us waiting longer.

?????????????

Smash Master
If Smash got an OC, I think Tabuu would be a good choice.

As far as that goes...I actually wouldn't mind? I think of Smash Bros. as a celebration and representation of all of Nintendo's greatest series, and I consider Smash Bros. one of Nintendo's greatest series.

...I'm not gonna be putting Tabuu on any "dream rosters" any time soon, but if it actually happened, I'd be okay with it.

Luminario

Smash Lord
So we've kind of forgotten the Inklings and Splatoon now that they were confirmed. We don't talk about them much.

Let's change that.

I want you guys to take make a song list for the inevitable Splatoon stage.

Here are some rules.

• 10 songs total.
  • 9 of these songs must be from Splatoon or Splatoon 2
  • The last song must be from a Nintendo series that will most likely not get a stage
  • 5 of these songs must be remixes of some sort, chose which ones you chose

Go!
Splattack (of course)
Ink Me Up
Octoling Rendezvous
Shellfie
Inkoming

Kraken Up remix
I Am Octavio remix
Calamari Inkantaton remix
Ebb & Flow remix
Excitebike Arena remix

Having to only pick 9 then make 4 remixes was just cruel. Splatoon is filled with absolute bangers, any less than 15 in Smash is insulting.
Went with Excitebike theme cause I feel that song would work well with a Splatoon remix to it and fit with Urchin Underpass cause it's the most likeliest Splatoon stage.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Just totally silly fun speculation here...
But what do people think about Veregeben's reaction regarding the fact he's telling the truth? Like for someone who's a realitively known leaker to care that much defintely makes me believe he trusts his sources and isn't trolling. Doesn't mean he can't have bad sources though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
e3 is absolutely going to be a massacre when it comes to characters. assists, pokeballs and stage hazards/backgrounds, bosses, trophies and the Master Troll himself, Sakurai, there are so many ways for characters to get deconfirmed.

By the way troll style might be how the reveal Ridley as playable

Show the boss version but then the playable version pops out and kos boss Ridley

Still always consider thenleak fake until proven otherwise

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
A Lyn that has been able to take all Roys down > anything about Roy
*Laugh in Dragon Unit Heroes Metagame*
Nothing personal Kiddo.

Just totally silly fun speculation here...
But what do people think about Veregeben's reaction regarding the fact he's telling the truth? Like for someone who's a realitively known leaker to care that much defintely makes me believe he trusts his sources and isn't trolling. Doesn't mean he can't have bad sources though.
I really want to imagine that he's trolling us, but in the end everything he said was right by pure luck and guess, just to see his reaction.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Based on my own research, guys, I think it's very likely I'll be able to play Smash at E3, despite not getting a ticket.

Mostly because Nintendo had the MERCY to make a standby line. I am standing outside the convention center a good 5 hours before they open on Tuesday and I am BEE LINING it to that line. Chances are likely, with so many people in attendance, that a spot will open up. By the time us folks with the gamerpass get in, the press will have already had a good 5 hours of their fill as well.

And if by some miracle it doesn't happen, I still have the last day! Not only is it the longest day for those of us with the gamerpass pass, but every hour shuttles will be going to take people back to the airport. I'll be there the entire time since my flight isn't until the following day, and with less people in general, and more people possibly having to miss their session thanks to their flight, if I don't get lucky day 1, THAT will be almost guaranteed.

I'll have to waste quite a bit of time, but it's not like I'll spend the entire time there, and wendsday is entirely open to me for all the other tasty, tasty games. I have faith I'mma Smash!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nothing personal Kiddo.

I really want to imagine that he's trolling us, but in the end everything he said was right by pure luck and guess, just to see his reaction.
I'm noticing we might be back to square one on vergeben?

Because I'm noticing you gone from he got it right to that was a lucky guess.
(I'm not saying the leak is real)

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I suddenly have this strange feeling that this Smash game is going to have a Splatoon/Overwatch model. Smaller base game that expands as time goes on to keep it relevant and to keep people playing it longer.

I hope that doesn't happen. One thing I've always loved about the Smash series is they're complete games on their own. The DLC was extra. Fun and (mostly) awesome, but extra.
I really don't see sakurai doing that, he's very much a developer who wants to stuff a game as full as content as possible, had mewtwo been able to be finished on time he'd likely be in the base game and DLC beyond mewtwo wasn't planned originally.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Based on my own research, guys, I think it's very likely I'll be able to play Smash at E3, despite not getting a ticket.

Mostly because Nintendo had the MERCY to make a standby line. I am standing outside the convention center a good 5 hours before they open on Tuesday and I am BEE LINING it to that line. Chances are likely, with so many people in attendance, that a spot will open up. By the time us folks with the gamerpass get in, the press will have already had a good 5 hours of their fill as well.

And if by some miracle it doesn't happen, I still have the last day! Not only is it the longest day for those of us with the gamerpass pass, but every hour shuttles will be going to take people back to the airport. I'll be there the entire time since my flight isn't until the following day, and with less people in general, and more people possibly having to miss their session thanks to their flight, if I don't get lucky day 1, THAT will be almost guaranteed.

I'll have to waste quite a bit of time, but it's not like I'll spend the entire time there, and wendsday is entirely open to me. I have faith I'mma Smash!
Good luck, hope you get to play! I was lucky enough to score a ticket right away. Playing on Wednesday at 10AM -- For Glory.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ayyy FighterZ on Switch would be dope. I would pick it up and the eventual sequel pronto.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm noticing we might be back to square one on vergeben?

Because I'm noticing you gone from he got it right to that was a lucky guess.
Oh no, I was just doing a little scenario in my head and how he would feel dumb if he actually doing lucky guesses.
And I never said he is right, I just said his leak earned in credibility. And I still think that-
Vergeben's leak : 65% believable in my opinion
Imgur leak: 20% believable just because it's piggybacking Vergeben and got Snake right before him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh no, I was just doing a little scenario in my head and how he would feel dumb if he actually doing lucky guesses.
And I never said he is right, I just said his leak earned in credibility. And I still think that-
Vergeben's leak : 65% believable in my opinion
Imgur leak: 20% believable just because it's piggybacking Vergeben and got Snake right before him.
Ok cool

And that's about my percentage actually

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see sakurai doing that, he's very much a developer who wants to stuff a game as full as content as possible, had mewtwo been able to be finished on time he'd likely be in the base game and DLC beyond mewtwo wasn't planned originally.
I agree, and I really, really hope that the game stays the way the others have. It's one reason I love Nintendo games. Usually packed full of content and then anything extra is DLC. But the base game, is a complete game. Just the way I like it.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
By the way troll style might be how the reveal Ridley as playable

Show the boss version but then the playable version pops out and kos boss Ridley

Still always consider thenleak fake until proven otherwise
I hate this idea tbh, Ridley's been shafted for so long when he's revealed I'd like it done in the coolest way possible and present him in all his glory rather than some fakeout, a sick cgi trailer of samus and ridley fighting > trolling attempt. They could still pull an inkling if they want a little trolling, make us thing it's metroid prime 4 I guess.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Good luck, hope you get to play! I was lucky enough to score a ticket right away. Playing on Wednesday at 10AM -- For Glory.
Nice. I was just financially unable to get my E3 pass until literally a DAY after the deadline for getting a Smash ticket. So I've been scrambling to find a way to get another shot, even got in contact with Nintendo and E3 on several occasions.

Still, I have a good feeling. I also hope I'll be able to get For Glory, but I'll take anything really.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I hate this idea tbh, Ridley's been shafted for so long when he's revealed I'd like it done in the coolest way possible and present him in all his glory rather than some fakeout, a sick cgi trailer of samus and ridley fighting > trolling attempt. They could still pull an inkling if they want a little trolling, make us thing it's metroid prime 4 I guess.
You. I like you. I was thinking about this at work today and how very much I want a badass trailer for Ridley and not one that acknowledges the meme surrounding him. I mean, if Ridley's in I'm not going to gripe, but I'd much prefer to see Ridley being a badass.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Can we just bask in the fact that we're so desperate for info that we're discussing potential Smash OCs of all things?

E3 can't come soon enough, can it?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you guys think they'd bring the customization stuff back? Miis? Palutena's 13487098 moves?
IMO This is what Sakurai should do.
- make custom moves exclusive to Mii Fighters and give them more custom moves since they are supposed to be custom fighters
- give Palutena better special moves (all her 12 special moves sucked and I felt they didn't make up for her S-L-O-W normal moves)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nothing personal Kiddo.

Laughs at all the times I’ve slain all types of dragons...sadly even Female Corrin...with normal and bow Lyn (Bo-Lyn)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Can we just bask in the fact that we're so desperate for info that we're discussing potential Smash OCs of all things?

No it can not

The one and only good news is a leak of the demo roster or early direct footage could pop out and show if the rumor is real or not, and yes I'm talking Saturday between monday

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm picturing the data dump of the demo and the character listing ends up reading

"char/1nice"
"char/2try"
"char/3dorks"
"char/4by"
"char/5the"
"char/6way"
"char/7enjoy"
"char/8unemployment"
"char/9derek"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

It could be worse...

You could be that person who wants to talk about one thing and one thing only but NOBODY wants to hear it.

I'm totally not one of them. That's silly talk...

Roberk

Smash Champion
Roy is definitely the closest thing to a Smash OC. Pretty much the only thing stopping that is the argument that his conceptualization by Intelligent Systems before being placed in Melee makes him not totally original to Smash. Our Roy in Smash is definitely a different one than from FE: The Binding Blade though.

https://sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/
Sakurai:
If we didn’t base the new Roy on his appearance in Melee, he wouldn’t be the same, so we think of Smash Roy as separate from his appearance in FE: Binding Blade.
In this interview Sakurai literally says that Smash Roy is different than FE Roy, only drawing a very minimal amount of substance from FE Roy. If a character is a confirmed different entity than their incarnation in their home game/series, then it's definitely an OC.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
A notable effort "leak" has arisen from /v/ about a new F-Zero game.
While I don't think it's real, it is a pretty decent effort leak compared to most.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Here, I got another comment I like.

“Lucina and dark pit ain’t coming back Weird characters that might get in: professor Layton, Pepsi man, Shrek, Minecraft Steve, cooking mama, excitebiker, chorus kids, sans”

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
A notable effort "leak" has arisen from /v/ about a new F-Zero game.
While I don't think it's real, it is a pretty decent effort leak compared to most.
Okay so first.
NEVER play with my heart with F-Zero dude.

Secondly, Lmao, nice 90's Blender render.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'd rather a Overwatch/SF V approach this time around. Launch the game with 20-30 characters and expand every month with 1-3 characters (like 1 veteran and 1 newcomer, or 3 veterans). This approach makes the game easier to balance, keeps the hype going on and on, and they have more motives to tweak old characters moveset.

I'm completely sure I'm minority on this, but it's okay.Smash 4 has a lot of characters...but so much of them are useless to me. This approach would help us and the dev team to give each character more attention.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hypothetical time.

The Pokémon newcomer isn't Decidueye, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, or any of the other expected ones. Instead, it's Golisopod...but not just Golisopod. In the background, Guzma is giving Golisopod orders, and helps out in the Final Smash by allowing Golisopod to use its Bug Z-Move.

How would you react?

?????????????

Smash Master
Hypothetical time.

The Pokémon newcomer isn't Decidueye, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, or any of the other expected ones. Instead, it's Golisopod...but not just Golisopod. In the background, Guzma is giving Golisopod orders, and helps out in the Final Smash by allowing Golisopod to use its Bug Z-Move.

How would you react?
If Guzma yells out during battle either by VA or just by text bubbles, I would be very happy.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Hypothetical time.

How would you react?

I'd...actually not be mad or disappointed at all. That'd be amazing. I love Guzma.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Found this old post I made of characters who need to break out of roles to be playable.

What characters are currently "trapped" by game-play roles that would be free to join the main roster in a brand new smash? I'll start a list and shout out any I miss.

* Toad: Give Peach a useful neutral
* Waluigi: Are Mario Bros vs Wario Bros fights too much to ask for?
* Lyn: as many FE characters as there are, you were the West's Marth. The first Lord.
* Ashley: Who's the girl next door, livig in the trophy?
* Dark Samus: Maybe if Japan didn't just toss away Prime because "REEEEE Western!"
* Ridley: ... a man can dream though... a man can dream...
If Peach is playable in the demo, hit her neutral special ASAP

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hypothetical time.

How would you react?

...The dev team I mean, not you. I just don't see that being a smart play, even as a lover of Ya Boi.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Talking of Master Hand I hope he gets to wear the Power Glove for this iteration. There's your retro hardware character.
I think Mattel owns the rights to the Power Glove. Maybe Barbie could be a Mattel character in Smash. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom