• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I'd 10x rather have Smash OC's come back than some of the B/C level Third Parties that are starting to creep their way into the roster/speculation.

Tabuu as a fighter would be a great callback!

Rycin

Smash Rookie
Considering Let's Go games are leaning towards more casual Pokemon fans?

It makes sense for a November/December release for Smash Brothers.
In the “Let’s go Pikachu/Eevee” trailer, they showed the release date is for November 16. Smash would most probably release alongside with the online service in September.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So we've kind of forgotten the Inklings and Splatoon now that they were confirmed. We don't talk about them much.

Let's change that.

I want you guys to take make a song list for the inevitable Splatoon stage.

Here are some rules.

• 10 songs total.
  • 9 of these songs must be from Splatoon or Splatoon 2
  • The last song must be from a Nintendo series that will most likely not get a stage
  • 5 of these songs must be remixes of some sort, chose which ones you chose

Go!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I never want an original Smash Brothers playable character. That is the one and only thing to me that ruins the ''all stars" feel. Nothing created for Smash is an allstar.
The funny thing is, the closest we have to playable Smash OC's are just unique interpretations of characters. Giga Bowser is basically just a stronger Giant Bowser by all means, and the Mii Fighters are just an original moveset to Smash itself, befitting how they're programmed to play based upon the current game they're in. Thus, they don't have their own "specific" moveset, but still kept their avatar role pretty well. In a way, they are really accurate to what they were meant to be. And then there's Mr. Game & Watch.

I don't think we'll get a proper playable Smash OC.
:roymelee: That guy?
He debuted in smash before his own game.
And basically his WHOOOOLE character and personality was made up for smash compared from his main game, then IS copy it in his next appearance (Awakening DLC's and Heroes)
:4feroy: Unique Smash Design to the point that in the later appearance IS mimic it in their official product (Cipher and Heroes)

Roy is the closest that we have to a Smash OC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
:roymelee: That guy?
He debuted in smash before his own game.
And basically his WHOOOOLE character and personality was made up for smash compared from his main game, then IS copy it in his next appearance (Awakening DLC's and Heroes)
:4feroy: Unique Smash Design to the point that in the later appearance IS mimic it in their official product (Cipher and Heroes)

Roy is the closest that we have to a Smash OC.
Are you Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four? Because gotta say? Big fan.

How's Sue, Ben and Johnny? The kids?

I'm trying to say you're stretching, fam.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If we ever have to have a Smash OC as a Fighter, it HAS to be Master Hand somehow.

He's iconic, and has even shown up in Kirby.

I'd still just... Rather not have a Smash OC at all, but still. Master Hand is the only one I'd be okay with.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The point where we get a Smash OC is when I feel that we reached the bottom of the barrel.

I mean it’s a Cross over game, I get that some games do have original characters, but if we get an OC before some with the likes of Issac or any character from a dormant IP, that’s when I feel that they are never getting in.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Basicly even if vergeben piggyback Ridley that doesn't mean that part is faulty/fake

Especially since he tripled down on Ridley

By the way question if we get a demo roster leaked excluding the ice climbers would you believe the leak if Ridley,Simon or/and snake was on it?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm still hoping for that tether recovery for Yoshi. You might say it will never happen but remember:

He was deprived of a basic shield technique that every other character was given for TWO FULL GAMES!!!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Are you Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four? Because gotta say? Big fan.

How's Sue, Ben and Johnny? The kids?

I'm trying to say you're stretching, fam.
I just said he's the closest to a Smash OC not that he's one, so of course I had to stretch it- :nifty:
And I'm preeetty sure Sakurai himself admitted how Roy's in Smash doesn't act at all like FE's Roy.

Though I still believe I'm right on the part that for Roy, Smash influenced his FE counterpart, instead of his FE counterpart influencing Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just said he's the closest to a Smash OC not that he's one, so of course I had to stretch it- :nifty:
And I'm preeetty sure Sakurai himself admitted how Roy's in Smash doesn't act at all like FE's Roy.

Though I still believe I'm right on the part that for Roy, Smash influenced his FE counterpart, instead of his FE counterpart influencing Smash.
Though to be fair, the Falcon Punch became canon to the F-Zero Universe after a while.

Sometimes some Smash stuff can lightly influence the official games the characters come from. It's not that's strange, really. Games love to reference previous media that wasn't part of the regular canon. Mortal Kombat has referenced Defenders Of The Realm more than once as is, for example.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Technically, if we start getting a bit crazy, Brawl is one of the most popular Nintendo games of all time. Having one of the most popular Nintendo games of all time lack representation in a game that celebrates everything about Nintendo is a bit weird. At the end of the day, Smash is an original Nintendo IP too, and it should absolutely have a place in Smash!
lol this is some black mirror **** right here.

Also, I'm 100% ok with Tabuu in Smash. But what about Master Hand / Crazy Hand? ... the fighting polygon team?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Correct, just like in Smashbros, Roy is a trash-tier garbage unit in his own game!

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Been gone for a while just came in to say BAD NEWS GUYS!!! Vergeben is at his last straw. He threatened not ti leak anymore stuff because people keep bothering him

There is a specific guy called MeepleLardicle who is leading the charge, if this keeps going out he won't leak anymore stuff :(

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I feel like one fault with smash speculation is that characters that aren't well perceived, or just plain liked, are never considered as likely. Especially concerning Pokemon. Usually people who support a Pokemon, it also happens to be one of their favorites. I'm super guilty of this because Mimikyu and Decidueye (well the line as a whole) are my two favorite Alolan Pokemon.

Truth is Inceniroar has just as much if not more going for it than Decideueye. I personally wouldn't be a big fan of a Pokemon with both of it's types already represented in Smash getting in, especially when we have so many types still not used. But I think it's way more likely than people think :/.

Kinda unrelated not really, but was I the only one who took Decideueye's confirmation in Pokken as a con for his chances? It was back before I was a Mimikyu supporter and I remember being really bummed about his confirmation because I figured they wouldn't promote him in both of their fighters (sorta like Greninja). And then I cam here and saw most people saw it as a pro. Now I'm not sure if it is because of echo chambers or if anyone else felt that way originally too lol.
My thing is this: Decidueye is in Pokken and some say that would increase it's chances. Problem is, nothing suggests getting into Pokken means anything relating to Smash. It could increase it's chances, but I'm just saying nobody is able to establish a clear correlation between Pokken and Smash with Decidueye, meaning trying to use Pokken as a reason for it doesn't really make sense to me.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If we ever have to have a Smash OC as a Fighter, it HAS to be Master Hand somehow.

He's iconic, and has even shown up in Kirby.

I'd still just... Rather not have a Smash OC at all, but still. Master Hand is the only one I'd be okay with.
Not Sandbag then?

Talking of Master Hand I hope he gets to wear the Power Glove for this iteration. There's your retro hardware character.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I'm not inherently opposed to OCs as playable characters in crossover games (most MVC2 players loved Ruby Heart and Amingo, and I'm still upset that they have yet to show up again), but in Smash it feels like a weird fit because the entire point is was to be an all star battle of famous Nintendo characters, which only changed when Snake and Sonic showed up. Miis were awesome though, while they were technically OCs, they were based on a mainstay of Nintendo consoles since 2006 but had original movesets. That being said, I wouldn't mind at all if Tabuu showed up again, just wouldn't be my first choice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Correct, just like in Smashbros, Roy is a trash-tier garbage unit in his own game!
Oh boy...

You're one of THOSE Fire Emblem fans...

Roy isn't even bad in Smash 4 and he's pretty good in Heroes.

Lay off it man.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Been gone for a while just came in to say BAD NEWS GUYS!!! Vergeben is at his last straw. He threatened not ti leak anymore stuff because people keep bothering him

There is a specific guy called MeepleLardicle who is leading the charge, if this keeps going out he won't leak anymore stuff :(
Lmao.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'd be alright with playable Smash OCs if they, say, had a prominent role in the game's story mode. Like (and this is just an example I pulled out of my ***), they're ancient warriors and the characters need to recruit them in order to defeat the main antagonist.

They're kinda something that I'd be alright with one way or the other.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

You can't blame verge he's kind of being cyber bullied about this rumor/leak

But why worry we are only 5 day's away fro. The leak being confirmed fake or real the big part is E3 will reveal ridley

(Actually maybe 2 or 3 since direct footage/demo roster could be leaked and has Ridley, Simon or/and snake on the Direct or roster

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Primid would actually be a fantastic Smash OC, especially since all of them are built off of classic Smash items (and Link's boomerang, I guess)

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I'm not joking. He wrote lots of rants, this is just two of them

"If anything, if I do hear more about the game, I'll probably wind up keeping it to myself at this rate because it gets absolutely tiresome repeating myself over and over, telling people the same things, while the same people talk in circles complaining and debating if it's real or fake, and if I'm lying, and tagging me for any of the little pettiest squabbles to comment on something.
"

"
You don't get it. It's not a tantrum at all. I'm not telling people to go f*** themselves or take showers. It's exhaustion. There's a big difference.

I'm practically on trial to prove myself multiple times a day. And whenever I stand up for myself, people can't handle it. They'll do more mental gymnastics to prove "HE KNOWS NOTHING!"

No matter what I do, people will always have their deadset opinions. If I haven't been able to change that already, I can't change that ever. I accept that fact, but you can't try and tell me for a second that it's not exhausting to constantly try to prove yourself to people who refuse to even give you benefit of the doubt.
"

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Oh boy...

Lay off it man.
To be fair, he is absolutely the worst lord stat-wise in the original series. Unless the lord for Fates was really bad, I didn’t play that one. He’s fine as an actual character though,

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
So we've kind of forgotten the Inklings and Splatoon now that they were confirmed. We don't talk about them much.

Let's change that.

Here are some rules.

• 10 songs total.
  • The last song must be from a Nintendo series that will most likely not get a stage

Go!
Hmm.
I don’t know too much about splatoon a but I want to throw you a bone here
Main theme, music of one of the shows, inktopolis, single player ost (possibly salmon run?)... can’t think of much else, haven’t played splatoon 1 in ages and haven’t gotten 2 yet

Polan

Smash Lord
My thing is this: Decidueye is in Pokken and some say that would increase it's chances. Problem is, nothing suggests getting into Pokken means anything relating to Smash. It could increase it's chances, but I'm just saying nobody is able to establish a clear correlation between Pokken and Smash with Decidueye, meaning trying to use Pokken as a reason for it doesn't really make sense to me.
bamco worked on Pokken. bamco is currently currently working on Smash Bros. i would bet that some of the Pokken staff is working on smash bros as well, including some of the people that helped out with roster selection. these same people could nudge sakurai towards decidueye. again, not really definitive but its something.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh boy...

Lay off it man.
Bless you my overlord. May you receive the most OP charizard ever in Smash switch for defending Roy.
And as for Heroes it's pretty true, Roy seems to be even one of the favorite in that game-

As for Smash 4.
Let's say that Roy got stigmatized by his past as trash-clone in Melee-
But in Smash 4? Roy is pretty good, people don't realize it.
Especially when we got some wonderful Diamonds in that very same thread back then when we discussed clones, and people were saying that if you play Marth, you can Play Roy. Pretty gold. :denzel:
That was the kind of **** that made my day. A good laugh right in the morning.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

Let's change that.

Here are some rules.

• 10 songs total.

Go!

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
bamco worked on Pokken. bamco is currently currently working on Smash Bros. i would bet that some of the Pokken staff is working on smash bros as well, including some of the people that helped out with roster selection. these same people could nudge sakurai towards decidueye. again, not really definitive but its something.
...Or the Bamco devs could nudge Sakurai away from Decidueye because they’d theoretically want to have Pokken and Smash have fewer characters in common. There really is no way to know either way.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
In a way ROB is almost an OC.
He doesn't original in Smash, for sure, but his only substantial in-game role and almost all of his characterization come from Brawl.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm not joking. He wrote lots of rants, this is just two of them

"If anything, if I do hear more about the game, I'll probably wind up keeping it to myself at this rate because it gets absolutely tiresome repeating myself over and over, telling people the same things, while the same people talk in circles complaining and debating if it's real or fake, and if I'm lying, and tagging me for any of the little pettiest squabbles to comment on something."

"
You don't get it. It's not a tantrum at all. I'm not telling people to go f*** themselves or take showers. It's exhaustion. There's a big difference.

I'm practically on trial to prove myself multiple times a day. And whenever I stand up for myself, people can't handle it. They'll do more mental gymnastics to prove "HE KNOWS NOTHING!"

No matter what I do, people will always have their deadset opinions. If I haven't been able to change that already, I can't change that ever. I accept that fact, but you can't try and tell me for a second that it's not exhausting to constantly try to prove yourself to people who refuse to even give you benefit of the doubt."
Not saying you were, just found funny your wording and the situation.
Honestly, he should know that a lot of people will inevitably refuse to believe any kinds of rumors, especially if it contains Ridley.
But, that explanation, it seems like he's being legit; that, or he's the greatest actor that Hollywood never found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom