• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Be careful, if you wish too hard for your buffs and changes it will overload reality which will result in Yoshi getting nerfed on the games arrival, then receiving no changes aside from some random bugfix during the patches as you'll watch as everyone else celebrates their buffs every single patch and watch Yoshi slowly but surely crawl down the tier list for 2 years or so. Trust me, I know from experience. :troll:
As a Dedede main, I can relate to this

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Be careful, if you wish too hard for your buffs and changes it will overload reality which will result in Yoshi getting nerfed on the games arrival, then receiving no changes aside from some random bugfix during the patches as you'll watch as everyone else celebrates their buffs every single patch and watch Yoshi slowly but surely crawl down the tier list for 2 years or so. Trust me, I know from experience. :troll:
That basically happened to Yoshi in Smash 4, just not to the extent of Jiggs.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Verge is giving us a definite affirmative on Snake, eh?

I can only hope his intel is legit.

Don't let us down Das.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I want to know who the most likely to be cut is. This no cuts thing seems possible but if it doesn’t happen then I wonder who the most likely to get cut is. My guess is Corrin first? Maybe? Barring the clones they seem like the best choice.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I want to know who the most likely to be cut is. This no cuts thing seems possible but if it doesn’t happen then I wonder who the most likely to get cut is. My guess is Corrin first? Maybe? Barring the clones they seem like the best choice.
IF there are cuts... Probably Lucina or Corrin. Maybe one of lucario/mewtwo/greninja if we are unlucky. I don't really see any other cuts unless unforseen circumstances with third parties.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I would love Miis to be cut. Hated them

Edgelord_197

Smash Cadet
He new it existed, when it was being announced, some new game mechanics, and listed a bunch of characters that have been confirmed, along with other smaller details things I believe.

He also leaked Street Fighter V's season 3 cast.

Leaked several Dragon Ball FighterZ characters including base form Goku and Vegeta as DLC which are all but confirmed at this point thanks to data mining.

When it comes to his Marvel Infinite DLC info other people backed him up, but it seems they cancelled their plans after the games failure.

And there are some other miscellaneous stuff he's gotten right. He also leaked Enchantress and not just the Ninja Turtles for Injustice 2, but no one ever brings her up :V
Actually a guy named Flowtron, at eventhubs, leaked the Season 3 cast before anyone else did. So he was actually piggybacking off him. I think he was the one that made up the free dlc characters stuff

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Ignoring clones and third parties for obvious reasons, I honestly think Roy is the most likely to go this time around.

That said I don't really think they'll be any cuts, especially if they're reusing assets like Mario Tennis Aces is reusing stuff from Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, and if post-release content is taken into consideration.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ignoring clones and third parties for obvious reasons, I honestly think Roy is the most likely to go this time around.

That said I don't really think they'll be any cuts, especially if they're reusing assets like Mario Tennis Aces is reusing stuff from Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.
They still cut Sprixie Princess if the datamine is to be believed...

Irarius

Smash Journeyman

That said I don't really think they'll be any cuts, especially if they're reusing assets like Mario Tennis Aces is reusing stuff from Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, and if post-release content is taken into consideration.
wut???? roy is less a clone then lucina is having partially completely different moves, and effects on how you play himif at all lucina gets the boot and roy stays

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
wut???? roy is less a clone then lucina is having partially completely different moves, and effects on how you play himif at all lucina gets the boot and roy stays
OK first off Lucina is pretty much the mascot of Fire Emblem now. Clone or not, she's staying.

Second off, Roy being a semi-clone of Marth rather than a full clone is part of the reason I think he's most likely to go honestly. Lucina and the other clones are at least extremely easy to make. I can easily see Roy being near the bottom of the priority list, and him ending up being cut if development time isn't long enough.

Let's also keep in mind Roy was actually cut before. Same goes for Mewtwo, though I feel he's a bit safer considering his massive popularity.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Roy is also not as popular as Lucina overall nor as pushed as a character option in the same way. Roy is not hard for them to decide to cut. Lucina is beyond easy to make last minute, and thus, easier to keep on the roster since she takes little development time. Corrin suffers from similar issues to Roy, but may stay. The character is also becoming less relevant as time goes on. The thing about Awakening is how huge it was for the franchise, so it makes sense to keep the characters that was on the base roster in 4 as the mainstays, with the rest being easier to cut/a rotating cast.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I doubt Corrin because he probably would've been added in this if he wasn't dlc. I say Lucina since Awakening isn't the most recent FE game anymore and Robin already represents Awakening,

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If the Verge leaks are entirely fake, I won't be too upset, so long as we get a whole bunch of characters revealed at E3, I'll be happy.

I don't think the DLC characters are going to get the axe, because people will get up in arms when they inevitably get made as DLC characters again.

If anything, I'd wager one of the three clones will get cut, or at the very least, get cut from the CSS and made alternate costumes for their respective characters.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
OK first off Lucina is pretty much the mascot of Fire Emblem now. Clone or not, she's staying.

Second off, Roy being a semi-clone of Marth rather than a full clone is part of the reason I think he's most likely to go honestly. Lucina and the other clones are at least extremely easy to make. I can easily see Roy being near the bottom of the priority list, and him ending up being cut if development time isn't long enough.

Let's also keep in mind Roy was actually cut before. Same goes for Mewtwo, though I feel he's a bit safer considering his massive popularity.
i doubt this so extremely i cant express how much i hink this would be the weardest thing ever, i dont doubt that lucina might come back because of beeing populare, but i doubt even harder that a veteran from two games gets the axe, they dont even need to change him so there is literaly only the smallest ammount of work to do which is balancing so he isnt breaking anything

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ugh... at least for me starfox adventure was a huge dissapointment. mind you, not only i was very into starfox at the time, and i actually was excited for the game when it still was dinosaur planet on the 64, so when i played the game i reallt wanted to enjoy it. but the game had a trouble development and it shows. at least it run withouth problems and i remember it looked quite pretty. But stuff regarding design didnt left a positive impact on me. and i hated slippy with passion there. whatever i wanted to engage in the game in a more organic way and discover stuff, slippy springed back to say exactly what i needed to do. and you couldnt ignore him.

Regarding Krystal there i may not remember it too well, but didnt she just, did some stuff in the tutorial, only to then be put out of comission in a very convenient glass prision that let us see her ? and that was it...
honestly, if only dinosaur planet happened, i would find tricky a more interesting character anyways.

on the other hand, in command there are plenty of paths and decisions you can take with her, and she displays some sort of agency that builds on her as a character, unlike the other games were she just basically was scenery.

Yeah, if she ever is in, a moveset based on some of the stuff Fox can do on starfox adventures, but as some people said before, EVERYONE have moveset potential, if you put enough work on it. Just moveset potential alone isnt enough (specially if you cant back it up with an unique gameplay theme) Im not against Krystal per se. Starfox certainly benefit stop being a sausage party, but first she needs to establish herself as a character. I liked her in command, but command isnt exactly what people see as the "apex" of Starfox.

EDIT: the quote tool seem to break sometimes :/

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
i doubt this so extremely i cant express how much i hink this would be the weardest thing ever, i dont doubt that lucina might come back because of beeing populare, but i doubt even harder that a veteran from two games gets the axe, they dont even need to change him so there is literaly only the smallest ammount of work to do which is balancing so he isnt breaking anything
They don't need to change anything about Lucina either buddy.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
ugh... at least for me starfox adventure was a huge dissapointment. mind you, not only i was very into starfox at the time, and i actually was excited for the game when it still was dinosaur planet on the 64, so when i played the game i reallt wanted to enjoy it. but the game had a trouble development and it shows. at least it run withouth problems and i remember it looked quite pretty. But stuff regarding design didnt left a positive impact on me. and i hated slippy with passion there. whatever i wanted to engage in the game in a more organic way and discover stuff, slippy springed back to say exactly what i needed to do. and you couldnt ignore him.

Regarding Krystal there i may not remember it too well, but didnt she just, did some stuff in the tutorial, only to then be put out of comission in a very convenient glass prision that let us see her ? and that was it...
honestly, if only dinosaur planet happened, i would find tricky a more interesting character anyways.

on the other hand, in command there are plenty of paths and decisions you can take with her, and she displays some sort of agency that builds on her as a character, unlike the other games were she just basically was scenery.

Yeah, if she ever is in, a moveset based on some of the stuff Fox can do on starfox adventures, but as some people said before, EVERYONE have moveset potential, if you put enough work on it. Just moveset potential alone isnt enough (specially if you cant back it up with an unique gameplay theme) Im not against Krystal per se. Starfox certainly benefit stop being a sausage party, but first she needs to establish herself as a character. I liked her in command, but command isnt exactly what people see as the "apex" of Starfox.

EDIT: the quote tool seem to break sometimes :/
Her moveset was the same as Fox's in that game (the staff and such) and to be honest, it fits her better than Fox

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
What leaks are looking real right now?
Vergeben got a pretty big boost in credibility today because it's revealed that he allegedly knows the konami titles revealed today on this link:
https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=4XTDjeQv
  • Action/Adventure > Nintendo Switch
  • Compilations > Nintendo Switch
Curiously, there's evidence he knew about these titles since the first of June. Don't take it as Gospel truth though, still a small chance it was a lucky guess I suppose.

Attachments

Last edited:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
What leaks are looking real right now?
Almost none of them.
Lots of dream characters, very low credibility.

I mean, Vergeben's seems to most credible so far, also because he's talking about no cut characters from Smash 4 (which sounds likely), the return of Snake (again, sounds fair if Konami is okay with the deal) and the return of my two golden babies, the Ice Climbers, that since they were held back in Smash 4 because of the 3DS low CPU there's no reason for them not to be in Smash 5.

But other than that, is all up in the air. He seems so sure of his sources but is all up to debate if he's bluffing or if he's serious.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
They still cut Sprixie Princess if the datamine is to be believed...
I’m not sure if that’s entirely the same thing... it is the same thing in a technical sense, but, I don’t think it’s the same due to the fact that the “off the wall” picks for Mario spinoffs tend to not get a significant fanbase, unlike pretty much every character in Smash, especially in such an unpopular game as Ultra Smash. Basically, what I’m saying is that it’s easier for them to cut those sorts of characters without any significant backlash.
Personally, I’d like Plessie to be the SM3DW rep in Mario spinoffs, but it looks like that game is old news and completely irrelevant already for Mario spinoffs...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The real question y'all should be asking about Krystal:
Will she be redesigned to match SF:Zero's artstyle or will she keep her Assault/Adventure proportions?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Will she be redesigned to match SF:Zero's artstyle or will she keep her Assault/Adventure proportions?
If she were to happen for whatever reason, she'd probably be changed to match the design of the other Star Fox characters. However I believe she'll maintain her proportions that match the base of a trophy in the collection because she's not a relevant character to Star Fox atm :p

I like Krystal, but her chances are abysmal from what we can see.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
She'll probably appear in the leaked Star Fox racing game. There are a large number of sources that say the game is real.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
She'll probably keep her design that she has in her current trophy, but knowing Sakurai, he'll probably redesign her Adventure outfit or create an entirely new one.

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
SF:Zero artstyle with an additional outfit to match her Assault/Adventure proportion, I don't how they'll do it but I hope the best to them.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So if the verge leak is real the e3 demo roster will be something like:
1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Yoshi
4. Bowser
5. Wario
6. Donkey Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda
9. Sheik
10. Kirby
11. Pit
12. Marth
13. Ness
14. Fox
15. Captain Falcon
16. Samus
17. Ridley
18. Ice Climbers
19. Inklings
20. Snake
21. Simon

I also think there will be another newcomer that Verge has not mentioned will be revealed after the presentation like WFT and Pac-Man. Probably after the invitational. Maybe Banjo because of the Minecraft stage.

Prediction - King K. Rool won't be at e3 but will be revealed at another date in a trailer alongside Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
if i see this correctly we will MOST LIKELY see at least 3 up to maybe even 6 newcomers this e3. we have the invitational which can introduce somebody, we got the direct which can start with maybe simon and end with metroid and then ridley. also we have the treehouse which could have somebody. we might also see combo trailers, getting two newcomers in one reveal. to see two reveal trailers in one direct isnt something new and several newcomers per trailer is also something that happened

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
if i see this correctly we will MOST LIKELY see at least 3 up to maybe even 6 newcomers this e3. we have the invitational which can introduce somebody, we got the direct which can start with maybe simon and end with metroid and then ridley. also we have the treehouse which could have somebody. we might also see combo trailers, getting two newcomers in one reveal. to see two reveal trailers in one direct isnt something new and several newcomers per trailer is also something that happened
There will be 3. There was 3 at e3 2013 and 2014, this is their first time showing off the game and they need newcomers for the demo.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
There will be 3. There was 3 at e3 2013 and 2014, this is their first time showing off the game and they need newcomers for the demo.
yeah however we have basicly no informations about this game, and it comes this year, so there are no two e3s, and there will be maybe one or two directs at max after this one for smash. so if we say we get 10 or more newcomers you need to show something right?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
yeah however we have basicly no informations about this game, and it comes this year, so there are no two e3s, and there will be maybe one or two directs at max after this one for smash. so if we say we get 10 or more newcomers you need to show something right?
My prediction is a September release and a newcomer trailer every month after e3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom