• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Speaking of Isaac, I'm surprised he's still one of the most talked about characters, given how long ago the last game came out.

Personally, I just want to see him in his assist trophy role again. It was really odd having him not be in 4 at all.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
That's interesting since I can't remember the last time I've seen her get brought up here, while talk on all the others has been interminable.
Let's talk about her for a few pages before going back to like, Decidueye vs Lycanroc or something

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
That's interesting since I can't remember the last time I've seen her get brought up here, while talk on all the others has been interminable.
Krystal’s best Chance was brawl imo, she wasn’t in Star Fox zero so I doubt she’ll be in this game.
Daisy might be a peach alt with new voicelines, otherwise I don’t see her

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm not sure about the Krystal thread, but I think the Daisy thread has that amount of posts because they use it as a Mario social and they also merged other threads in there.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
ayyy no need to throw jabs at daisy like that :^(

I myself would prefer Daisy over Isaac, but shoving her out and putting another character in and calling that a good lineup is rude to Daisy's fans, don't you think? :^(
Twas a joke, hence the ":p", nothing against daisy and her fans (the sane ones at least)

Because the series stopped acknowledging everything that isn't SF64 sadly

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
ummm...something about Groh

Nachos? Nefarious? Dr. N. Gin? Night in the Woods? Northern Hemisphere?
I'm just imagining someone's pants flying off after Ridley's reveal followed by them screaming nachos at the top of their lungs repeatedly XD.

Probably not that farfetched anyway. The hype would affect people in weird ways.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So I don't see a whole lot of people considering this, but didn't Vergeben note that he (she?) had multiple sources?

Let's assume for a moment that Vergben has some legitimate information (I don't think this is a given) and he did in fact know about Konami's games for E3 and thus likely Simon being in Smash. That doesn't necessarily mean the rest of his information is legitimate. Perhaps his other source has bad information.
This is of course ignoring the potential piggybacking situation as well.

Basically even if Vergeben is partially right, Simon being in wouldn't necessarily guarantee the inclusion of Ridley, Ice Climbers, Snake, or a microsoft stage. Particularly the last two, since I'm prety sure he specifically noted that those came from a different source, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, I do expect Ice Climbers to return, rumor be damned.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
So I don't see a whole lot of people considering this, but didn't Vergeben note that he (she?) had multiple sources?

Let's assume for a moment that Vergben has some legitimate information (I don't think this is a given) and he did in fact know about Konami's games for E3 and thus likely Simon being in Smash. That doesn't necessarily mean the rest of his information is legitimate. Perhaps his other source has bad information.

Basically even if Vergeben is partially right, Simon being in wouldn't necessarily guarantee the inclusion of Ridley, Ice Climbers, Snake, or a microsoft stage. Particularly the last two, since I'm prety sure he specifically noted that those came from a different source, but correct me if I'm wrong.

He has 3 sources for his smash leaks iirc
First guy only says ridleys in
Second guy says Simon, Ridley, and Iciss. Likely associated with bamco or marketing
Third guy is a Konami associate, leaked snake/simon and castlevania stuff
If source 3 is right, chances are 2 is too

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Speaking of Isaac, I'm surprised he's still one of the most talked about characters, given how long ago the last game came out.

Personally, I just want to see him in his assist trophy role again. It was really odd having him not be in 4 at all.
His assist trophy getting cut is honestly one of the strangest things in smash 4. I wonder if he was planned to be playable at some point and that's why, after all his game came out the same year as xenoblade and after punch out so for smash 4 the timing was good

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Soul Calibur? He knew a game in a long running franchise that was due for a sequel would soon be announcing a sequel (and he got the timeframe wrong anyway), and that a game all about weapons based combat might add a duel wielding character. He also said the game would be out on Switch and feature Link. Which is patently false.

Street Fighter V? Only three of his guesses were correct, and they were all longtime veterans (the pool of which was already quite small), AND two of those guesses were originally leaked by someone else before him.

FighterZ? He got Broly and base form Goku and Vegeta correct. But all three of them were highly requested before the game even came out. He also leaked Radditz and Zarbon (nowhere to be seen), and Goku Black (who was straight up on the base roster).

He has a history for throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

At best he knew the Ninja Turtles would be in Injustice and has used that knowledge to troll every other fighting game fandom since, and at worst even that was a lucky guess.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The worst part of this rumor, there will be disappointment if we don't get Simon Belmont in the end of the day.

But damn I would love to main a whip user.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

His assist trophy getting cut is honestly one of the strangest things in smash 4. I wonder if he was planned to be playable at some point and that's why, after all his game came out the same year as xenoblade and after punch out so for smash 4 the timing was good
I kinda think it had something to do with the 3DS version. The stages there were relatively small, so think he was removed from that version because he'd be a bit broken on those tiny stages.

This is also why I think a couple of the other ATs were downgraded / removed too.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Everyone: OMG!!! Ridley, Simon, Ice Climbers, Bomberman, Alex Kidd, my internet OC. ALL OF THEM ARE GONNA GET INTO SMASH!!! This E3 will be SOOOOOOOOO Hype!!!

Me:.......................will Yoshi get a tether?

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
So folks...

I want you guys to do something for me.

Rate from 1-10 (10 being guaranteed) how likely you think the Vergeban leak being true is.

And on top of that, rate how likely you would see the following if the leak is false.

• Ridley
  • Simon
  • Snake
  • Ice Climbers
  • No Cuts from Smash 4
  • Ridley - 2/10: I'm pretty sure that with the fan outcry in SSB4, Sakurai definitely reconsidered Ridley. I do think it's pretty unlikely though that he had a change of opinion
  • Simon - 5/10: is a classic Nintendo-related character but... Konami
  • Snake - 1/10: if Vergeben never commented on Snake I'd never have considered him as a possibility again
  • Ice Climbers - 10/10: they're the only character I can say with 100% certainity that will be back
  • No Cuts from Smash 4 - 5/10: it all lies on whether they're reusing SSB4 stuff (or better yet, how much they're reusing)
In general, I'm not believing it. Don't want to get my hopes up. This rumor falls too much in "too good to be true" territory
How much I want it to be real? 11/10. Ridley getting in? No cuts? Ice Climbers and Snake are back? Simon, a cool third party, in? Sign me in

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh man, have I got good news for you: :4zss::4sheik:

=P
I main both, but they don't predominantly use whips in a majority of their moveset.

With a Belmont, whipping would be their main thing with subweapons for the specials.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
so can i change my username on new smashboards or do i need to buy premium again

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I believe I was the last to mention her when describing a telepathy mechanic for her along with an Iaido/Astra mechanic for Lyn but was probably a week ago.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

That's a very good point, actually. We should be considering the possibility that his rumors are only partially true.

Especially since we saw a situation like that last time, with the Gematsu leak being mostly accurate but not comprehensive.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Let's talk about her for a few pages before going back to like, Decidueye vs Lycanroc or something
Krystal’s best Chance was brawl imo, she wasn’t in Star Fox zero so I doubt she’ll be in this game.
Daisy might be a peach alt with new voicelines, otherwise I don’t see her
Yeah, I figured that even if they are still active, Krystal fans figured that her chances were terrible, and decided to chill together or something... I mean, first, her franchise is in a Soddy state, and it franchise even got one cut from smash 4, being better represented in the past game.

Beside that she also needs to compete against wolf, again, and considering that due to veteran status and due to being way more relevant, wolf is super popular. Not only that, actually even slippy have a better chance now.

Personally I've always found Krystal character quite underwhelming, and it doesn't help that in the game were she actually do stuff and have some sort of interesting character, is also the most forgotten starfox game ever
(Command)

The worst part of this rumor, there will be disappointment if we don't get Simon Belmont in the end of the day.

But damn I would love to main a whip user.
Kinky.

I kinda think it had something to do with the 3DS version. The stages there were relatively small, so think he was removed from that version because he'd be a bit broken on those tiny stages.

This is also why I think a couple of the other ATs were downgraded / removed too.
Still, if this was the reason, why neither a normal trophy?

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
He has 3 sources for his smash leaks iirc
First guy only says ridleys in
Second guy says Simon, Ridley, and Iciss. Likely associated with bamco or marketing
Third guy is a Konami associate, leaked snake/simon and castlevania stuff
If source 3 is right, chances are 2 is too
Guy 2 & 3 is the same source

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
If it means anything, Vergeben is vouching for his source that told him Ridley will be playable as his most valid one. I believe this is the 1st source that StrangeMann listed.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
it doesn't help that in the game were she actually do stuff and have some sort of interesting character, is also the more forgotten starfox game ever
Ah, yeah, Adventur-

(Command)
...er, what? Krystal does a ton in StarFox Adventures, or at the very least her move set could take a lot from what Fox does in that game.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Yeah, I figured that even if they are still active, Krystal fans figured that her chances were terrible, and decided to chill together or something... I mean, first, her franchise is in a Soddy state, and it franchise even got one cut from smash 4, being better represented in the past game.

Beside that she also needs to compete against wolf, again, and considering that due to veteran status and due to being way more relevant, wolf is super popular. Not only that, actually even slippy have a better chance now.

Personally I've always found Krystal character quite underwhelming, and it doesn't help that in the game were she actually do stuff and have some sort of interesting character, is also the most forgotten starfox game ever
(Command)

Kinky.

Still, if this was the reason, why neither a normal trophy?
I mention Krystal sometimes once or twice. I still think she has a chance, but in the end I'm just one guy, plus people are more interested in the leaks anyways, not that I can blame anyone :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Everyone: OMG!!! Ridley, Simon, Ice Climbers, Bomberman, Alex Kidd, my internet OC. ALL OF THEM ARE GONNA GET INTO SMASH!!! This E3 will be SOOOOOOOOO Hype!!!

Just to throw a bone to the Yoshi discourse...

My current wild guess is the framing device for the direct is going to be Smash announcements, with relevant reveals leading into each game's portion of the direct. I don't think they'll have a newcomer trailer lined up for every game though, and Yoshi has a new game coming soon, so maybe Yoshi will get his own little in engine "first look in new game" clip show to start that off. Maybe show off a new stage/assist trophy/alt for his series or something. Assuming there isn't in fact a Yoshi series newcomer to show off of course.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

My current wild guess is the framing device for the direct is going to be Smash announcements, with relevant reveals leading into each game's portion of the direct. I don't think they'll have a newcomer trailer lined up for every game though, and Yoshi has a new game coming soon, so maybe Yoshi will get his own little in engine "first look in new game" clip show to start that off. Maybe show off a new stage/assist trophy/alt for his series or something. Assuming there isn't in fact a Yoshi series newcomer to show off of course.
The 2018 Yoshi game-themed stage is gonna be interesting.

Being able to flip the stage from one side to the other.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Yeah, I'm allowed to have my fantasies, can't I?

*sob*

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
People who get on the thread throughout the evening will be super confused on why Vergeben leak is brought up again without the castlevania stuff.
I still think it's remarkable that he would know that there would be two titles from konami ported to the switch, with the genres of both being predicted, and giving a name to those predictions as castlevania too. That's the reason why I have high confidence in this rumor compared to any other rumor at the moment. Before the Castlevania stuff I was like "I guess it could be real... but I wouldn't count on it." Maybe there should be a summary post or something

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Be careful, if you wish too hard for your buffs and changes it will overload reality which will result in Yoshi getting nerfed on the games arrival, then receiving no changes aside from some random bugfix during the patches as you'll watch as everyone else celebrates their buffs every single patch and watch Yoshi slowly but surely crawl down the tier list for 2 years or so. Trust me, I know from experience. :troll:
Every single hour there is a new leak on 4chan
More like every ten minutes if we're being honest, most of them just get buried really quick (and rightfully so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom