• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I feel like he's too specific on the castlevania info for it to be only from stealth.
He knew about the compilation title and the new game listed as switch ports on the E3 website, Stealth knew of the rumors of the new title but not both (or their names).

The entire smash leak was
Ridley, Snake, Simon Belmont, Ice Climbers, No Cuts, and A minecraft represtentation (probably not a character)
Yes, so Vergeben elaborated on titles closer to the date, but Simon was leaked by Stealth first, and it wouldn't surprise me if there's a Konami game leak elsewhere on the web right now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A minecraft represtentation (probably not a character)
Minecraft? I hope it's just a stage or a trophy... if we are getting a playable character from Microsoft, I hope it's Banjo-Kazooie. They were Nintendo characters during the N64 years. I consider them honorary Nintendo characters.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Vergeben likelihood: 6/10
Vergeben want: 10/10

If it's fake likelihood:
Ridley: 6/10 - still highly requested. Has a shot
Simon: 2/10 - 3rd party, Konami, as much as I want him, not likely.
Snake: 3/10 - Only thing he has over Simon is vet status
Ice Climbers: 10/10 - See theme coming back either way.
No Cuts: 8/10 - Still likely. If they reuse assets it would be easy.

Polan

Smash Lord
Is there a thread or something for these "rate/list what you want" games that clutter the thread? I don't mean to be rude, but it sucks coming back to smashboards and seeing 6 or so pages filled with low effort responses to these games. More often than not they don't really lead to meaningful discussion.
oh god thank you for saying it. these "rate x chances" games are annoying. like back in march, april and may they made sense since there was nothing to talk about but with the pre-e3 leak flurry and all these news popping up, they get in the way and clog up the thread.

D

Deleted member

i'm still wary of these new developments because there's a 4channer involved. and there's nothing that i trust less than a 4channer.
the ESRB Leak started on 4Chan (/v/ specifically with this image)

I learned to never underestimate 4Chan, because once they have something credible there's no going back.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So folks...

I want you guys to do something for me.

Rate from 1-10 (10 being guaranteed) how likely you think the Vergeban leak being true is.

And on top of that, rate how likely you would see the following if the leak is false.

• Ridley
  • Simon
  • Snake
  • Ice Climbers
  • No Cuts from Smash 4
The odds are better that all four characters are in coincidentally than they are he has legit information.

He was wrong about Soul Calibur, Street Fighter V, FighterZ and MvCI. Why would he suddenly be right about this one?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I just wanna say thanks to the users on here who compiled information on these rumors over the past few days and weeks. Wouldn't be in the know if it wasn't for you guys.

Really excited and finding it pretty cool that there aren't many reasons not to believe in the rumor except not wanting to get your hopes up, which I get.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Humble brag that he was on my fantasy roster =P
10!
More characters (duhhhh)
lets start with the obvious, more character, nothing ore to say here franklly.
Imo the more solid nintendo picks would be ice climbers and inklings, old and new. niche and mainstream, appeals both hardcore smash fans(Iceclimbers) and newcomers (Inklings), and both can potential offer stuff no other characters can.
as for third parties, i would go with shovel knight and bomberman. both of them seem to be doing fine in the switch, at this point shovel knight have started feeling like the indie posterboy and bomberman is a timeless classic.
as for personal dreampicks, i would go with Ridley and simon belmont. very unlikely, but thats is why they are dreams. duh.
And bring another namco rep. they have make a great job developing the game, let's throw them some love.
I posted this in march... of 2017. >:3

I actively have wanted Simon since Brawl, (when snake showed us that it wasnt 100% imposible) but i Honestly never really though he would make it someday, considering even during brawl Castlevania was on a recess.

In fact my 3 ballot votes were 2 simons and 1 ridley.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
The odds are better that all four characters are in coincidentally than they are he has legit information.

He was wrong about Soul Calibur, Street Fighter V, FighterZ and MvCI. Why would he suddenly be right about this one?
He has gotten things wrong and right before (like TMNT in injustice 2 being right, and wrong about soul caliber), but what sets apart this instance is that there's evidence he knew of konami's 2 switch ports (which were announced by their schedule today at https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=4XTDjeQv) before they were announced today (on the 1st) by records of gamefaqs dms. If this castlevania information is correct (highly likely, due to stealth mentioning a similar rumor and the fact that he knew these titles were coming before the 2 titles being ported to switch were announced), then it's extremely likely his smash information is correct in this instance too.
I don't think it's impossible that it's a lucky guess, but it's a pretty lucky guess if so.

Attachments

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
So folks...

I want you guys to do something for me.

Rate from 1-10 (10 being guaranteed) how likely you think the Vergeban leak being true is.

And on top of that, rate how likely you would see the following if the leak is false.

• Ridley
  • Simon
  • Snake
  • Ice Climbers
  • No Cuts from Smash 4
Ridley: 7/10- Not taking high hopes for the big purple space dragon, but if he finally has his shot in Smash, then Sakurai has made Metroid fans really proud; though like I said, not taking high hopes, but I would like to see him come into fruition.

Simon: 1/10-I don't believe for a second that Simon will be a newcomer, since Konami aren't really in the best of conditions as a company, so I have no idea how Nintendo will work out with the company. Granted he's an icon, and people would love to see him, but I just don't see it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Snake-1/10-He's a veteran yeah, but let's be honest; Snake only got in Brawl because Kojima asked Sakurai to have him in the game; and since Kojima left Konami, and the state of Konami is still really bad, Snake's chances of coming back are slim to none. But as I said with Simon, hopefully I'm wrong and we do see Snake come back, which I think would be great.

Ice Climbers-11/10-It's pretty obvious that they will return, no doubt about it. Not the biggest fan of the Ice Climbers, but I'm glad they're making a return into Smash.

No Cuts-7/10- I'm doubtful of this whole no cuts situation, but one thing's for sure, I do want Wolf back.And surely no clone characters are going to be cut considering how incredibly easy they are to make then a brand spanking new character. So as long as they reuse assets from previous installments, I think its not bad. Though I think not ALL OF THEM from previous installments will return. (looking at you Pichu)

So in conclusion, Ice Climbers are coming back, Ridley, It'll be great to see him, though I won't hold my breath on him if he still doesn't appear, Simon & Snake are eh....to me not possible at this moment. And no cuts, eh, I'll wait & see.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Also, are we sure this compilation or game isn't for bomberman? The bomberman twitter has been posting some odd images and status updates lately.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

While some info he provided for those games were wrong he actually got a lot of info of those games correct.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Also, are we sure this compilation or game isn't for bomberman? The bomberman twitter has been posting some odd images and status updates lately.
Super Bomberman R is being ported to other systems besides the switch, so that might be why
that being said wouldn't be shocked if they were doing DLC for Super Bomberman R on the switch that came out last year.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Super Bomberman R is being ported to other systems besides the switch, so that might be why
that being said wouldn't be shocked if they were doing DLC for Super Bomberman R on the switch that came out last year.
Right, but that port was already announced. There's no reason to tease a game that's already been announced.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That's it for me tonight

But if we end up with early direct leaks and proves vergeben right this forum will explode bigger that 12 nukes

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Honestly, Vergeben's rumors are a coin toss. He's been so hit-and-miss that since no other significant, non-debunked rumors are around to corroborate or go against his word, it's hard to really say.

Well, other than the Ridley stuff teased by insiders, but they came so much earlier that it doesn't tell us anything about the rest of his statements.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's the type to actively deceive people. If anything, the question is whether he himself has been deceived by bad information.

Why is this still a thing people say? :/
Well, I've a theory that a lot of Smash fans assume most of the swordsmen all fight the same way, so they assume Celica would also be more of the same.

Even though she'd be best suited for a glass cannon playstyle of sorts, using hard hitting magic supplemented by a bit of swordplay, mixed in with risk management since her strongest techniques would all cause recoil damage.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Can someone look up when Palutena and the gang were leaked from 2014's E3? How long it was before the presentation?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I am thinking the leak is 90% true now.

Considering what Emily said about the roster as well.
I feel like the ultimate Smash roster thing is the most safe bet thing in the world, of course people will get excited about newcomers no matter who they are. The fact that she didn't say "X character is in the game" makes think there's next to chance she actually knows who's in the game. She'll probably be "right" in the end, but I doubt she actually knows who's in and who isn't.

Polan

Smash Lord
the ESRB Leak started on 4Chan (/v/ specifically with this image)

I learned to never underestimate 4Chan.
yeah but that leaker also posted a bogus list of dlc characters alongside the screenshots and got people riled up for nothing. so no i still don't trust 4chan since there's always that chance that they'll attach some sort of BS to a legit leak.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
He got the stuff about Soul Calibur correct, right? Something about one of the new characters, the weapon they use, fighting style and their relation to an already existing character iirc.
He new it existed, when it was being announced, some new game mechanics, and listed a bunch of characters that have been confirmed, along with other smaller details things I believe.

He also leaked Street Fighter V's season 3 cast.

Leaked several Dragon Ball FighterZ characters including base form Goku and Vegeta as DLC which are all but confirmed at this point thanks to data mining.

When it comes to his Marvel Infinite DLC info other people backed him up, but it seems they cancelled their plans after the games failure.

And there are some other miscellaneous stuff he's gotten right. He also leaked Enchantress and not just the Ninja Turtles for Injustice 2, but no one ever brings her up :V

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Why is this still a thing people say? :/
im like 12 pages late OOF but i really wanted to comment on this

While Celica is definitely capable of offering a unique moveset, her playstyle would not be unique. Not only is Robin also a magic swordsman, but he too employs the same "risk/reward" feature that many fans use for their Celica movesets.

With Celica, you'd question "Do I charge up my magic and unleash devastating damage while also damaging myself, or do I use my weaker magic?" "Do I charge up this Arcfire and let it damage me until I release it, or do I use my weaker magic?" "Do I attack at range using my magic, while damaging myself, or should I go in up close?"

With Robin, you'd question "Do I use my magic now to rack up their damage, while also running out of it, or do I use my sword at first?" "Do I charge up my magic now, expending it, or do I use my weaker magic?" "Should I attack from afar using my magic, while also expending it, or should I go up close?"

Both movesets would feature a cost for using your more powerful attacks, and both movesets would require careful consideration of how and when to use your moves. That's why Celica can offer a unique moveset but not a unique playstyle.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Can we REALLY use Emily's statement as a leak or even something to use as points supporting a leak? All she said was the roster would be good. Thats it.
Considering cuts are never planned, thats not something you can confidently leak until a game is about to release.

If you use her statement to support a leak you're saying "this leak is more credible because I like the characters in it".

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Smash had only five newcomers and they were based on this forum: the newcomer threads with the most pages... who are they?
One of them would have to be Daisy.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If Smash had only five newcomers and they were based on this forum: the newcomer threads with the most pages... who are they?
Ridley, Daisy, K Rool, Krystal and Bandana Dee. Now just take out daisy and replace her with the next one being isaac and we got a pretty good lineup :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ridley, Daisy, K Rool, Krystal and Bandana Dee. Now just take out daisy and replace her with the next one being isaac and we got a pretty good lineup :p
ayyy no need to throw jabs at daisy like that :^(

I myself would prefer Daisy over Isaac, but shoving her out and putting another character in and calling that a good lineup is rude to Daisy's fans, don't you think? :^(

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If the rumor is real then I'm happy, if it's not then I'm still happy I get to be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
We would be getting Ridley, K rool, bandana dee, Krystal, and daisy. I like the first three pretty good so wouldn’t mind too much

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
He got the stuff about Soul Calibur correct, right? Something about one of the new characters, the weapon they use, fighting style and their relation to an already existing character iirc.
ummm...something about Groh
I like Ridley as much as the next guy, but if he's revealed then I'm gonna keep my pants on and not scream the n word 20 times over.
Nachos? Nefarious? Dr. N. Gin? Night in the Woods? Northern Hemisphere?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom