• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's Lara Crofts day in RTC.

I could definitely see her coming out of left field like Ryu did. She's so iconic, she would be a valuable part of the roster I think.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So guys, I hate to ask but is there anything at this point that could prove Vergeben's leak wrong, besides reaching E3 and there being no signs of Ridley or Simon anywhere?
Vergeben appears on live feed, pulls at the corner of his face and it was Sakurai in a mask all along!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hopefully we will see more shocking announcements like this.
It looks great... I imagine, I can't see it on mobile.:(

Thanks though.

EDIT: And now I can see when I reply, for some reason.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, anyone hurting for a way to kill time while waiting for E3 should hop on over to the wonderful existential nightmare that is the Fantendo Wiki. I found a LOVELY article on the Smash Bros. Cinematic Universe that had my co-workers thoroughly questioning whether my restrained laughter was a symptom of a mental illness.

All I’m going to say is Robert Downey Jr. as Mario and Danny Trejo as Bowser.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So 6 days until Nintendo but only 3 until the E3 conferences start. Though I'm not really hyped for those. I'll be asleep during Sony's, I expect Microsoft's to be a full 30 minutes of scilence followed by "so... Call of Duty?" and I have no clue what EA's is gonna be. If it's not an apology stage show for Battlefront 2 I will be disappointed.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, anyone hurting for a way to kill time while waiting for E3 should hop on over to the wonderful existential nightmare that is the Fantendo Wiki. I found a LOVELY article on the Smash Bros. Cinematic Universe that had my co-workers thoroughly questioning whether my restrained laughter was a symptom of a mental illness.

All I’m going to say is Robert Downey Jr. as Mario and Danny Trejo as Bowser.
Well it'd be a role that RDJ wouldn't need to stand on a Box to play.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've already got a pretty big time waster. Twitch is streaming the entirety of old school doctor who. Combine that with games and work, I'm pretty set

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I saw that Simon belmont rumor. I only played the first Castlevania on NES waaaaay back in the day and my memory of it is foggy at best. I know next to nothing about the famous vampire slayer so how would Simon play and what could Castlevania offers in terms of content for Smash?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I saw that Simon belmont rumor. I only played the first Castlevania on NES waaaaay back in the day and my memory of it is foggy at best. I know next to nothing about the famous vampire slayer so how would Simon play and what could Castlevania offers in terms of content for Smash?
Simon would be slow as hell but he has Dracula's Tower or a Clock Tower stage and ****ing brilliant music to brinh

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I've never played it. What game should I play before he could be possibly revealed next week?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
His whip would likely be his main thing, it was a pretty big deal having a weapon that could be aimed in 8 different directions in Super Castlevania IV. I imagine his gimmick could be that you can point his A attacks in any given direction during their windup animation, kinda like Fox's Up-B, could be a pretty good concept when you also factor in the range of the whip making up for having slow moves.

Other moves would likely be based off of the items he can use in the games, like Holy Water which can be thrown on the ground and create a flame that persists at the location for a period of time. He could also get Sheik's old side-B, as that's an actual move he has in Super Castlevania IV, and he'd be able to tether to ledges with his whip aswell.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I've never played it. What game should I play before he could be possibly revealed next week?
Why would I know? Like I said, I know next to nothing about the character and the series hence why I was asking.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
How he'd play : Probably whip attacks for normal and tilts, and subweapons (boomerang cross side-b, axe that flies in an arch neutral b, holy water bottle that leaves a damage zone down b). What Castlevania would offer : a killer soundtrack and a really cool stage, and maybe even a Dracula assist trophy (lol).

Hm... You could go for the not exactly legal way and play Cv 1-3 on an emulator (and like others said, Super Castlevania IV), or you could play Bloodstained : Curse of the Moon which is in the style of CV3 (old "stiff" jump and all) and

the second char you unlock plays mostly like Simon did
. It is probably easier than CV1, but it can still kick your ass sometimes if you are not used to it X)[/spoiler]

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
4 is my personal favorite probably just nostalgia though, most people will tell you symphony of the night is best, though 4 has you playing as simon belmont symphony does not. rondo of blood/dracula x (same game different name) is also good.

the original is great for the time but its an NES game so be ready for that style game, 4 is basically a return to form of the original with improvements (the way a link to the past or mario world is to the originals).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Like I've been saying, "All rumors are fake unless proven otherwise"
The ESRB leak that happened prior to Smash 4’s release was largely seen as fake until proven legit. I should know - I wrote the Smashboards news article about it. Got private messages calling me a fraud and peddling fake news. I was told I should be ashamed of myself for spreading fake leaks. Things like Shulk’s render, Dr Mario’s pose, placing of characters on the select screen, line width, and Wario’s render were what people thought made it fake.

Found it

https://smashboards.com/threads/potential-leaked-roster-surfaces.364880/

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If you want to play the classic, linear Castlevania series that actually has Simon Belmont, the original NES Castlevania or the SNES Super Castlevania IV.

If you want to play the more highly regarded Metroidvania style, then Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I made a list of the top ten third party characters I'd be OK with. Simon Belmont was on it so I think he'd be cool. Bomberman was higher though.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
So 6 days until Nintendo but only 3 until the E3 conferences start. Though I'm not really hyped for those. I'll be asleep during Sony's, I expect Microsoft's to be a full 30 minutes of scilence followed by "so... Call of Duty?" and I have no clue what EA's is gonna be. If it's not an apology stage show for Battlefront 2 I will be disappointed.
Oh so E3 actually starts this Saturday, but Nintendo's stuff will be showcased next Tuesday? I was about to ask if E3 started on the latter.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did I miss something? What made it more credible?
Said there would be a new Castlevania and a compliation, then Konami's page on the E3 site updates to include a compilation title and new action/adventure game.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The Nintendo presentation is at 2am here and I have an exam at 1pm. I'm planning to go to sleep, wake up at 2 and watch it then go back to sleep again.

Edit: Deciding to watch in the morning instead. I pray to Sakurai that I won't get spoiled.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Nintendo presentation is at 2am here and I have an exam at 1pm. I'm planning to go to sleep, wake up at 2 and watch it then go back to sleep again.
I really wouldn't recommend that.

Nintendo's E3 is at 2am for me as well and last year I had an exam fall on the same day. Despite always staying up to watch Nintendo's E3, I ended up just watching it about 9am. Made things much easier on me.

Seriously, don't give up a good night's sleep when you have an exam. The Smash info isn't going anywhere, just watch it at a reasonable time.

D

Deleted member

That's a very good point, actually. We should be considering the possibility that his rumors are only partially true.

Especially since we saw a situation like that last time, with the Gematsu leak being mostly accurate but not comprehensive.
Calling it now: If this rumor is real, it will be a "gematsu situation" where some veterans will STILL get cut despite the "everyone will return" statement. Gematsus said that Chrom and Chorus Kids would be in but all we have is evidence that they were meant to be playable.

After all, they might all be planned to return, but that doesn't mean they have the time to bring everyone back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why the countdown still follows EDT settings is beyond me, because E3 is located at California, which uses PDT settings. Do people really expect the Smash Bros. tournament to begin at 9 AM EDT?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I really wouldn't recommend that.

Nintendo's E3 is at 2am for me as well and last year I had an exam fall on the same day. Despite always staying up to watch Nintendo's E3, I ended up just watching it about 9am. Made things much easier on me.

Seriously, don't give up a good night's sleep when you have an exam. The Smash info isn't going anywhere, just watch it at a reasonable time.
Any idea how I could download the video without spoiling myself?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Why the countdown still follows EDT settings is beyond me, because E3 is located at California, which uses PDT settings. Do people really expect the Smash Bros. tournament to begin at 9 AM EDT?
Oh right, I didn't notice considering I'm west coast and the time is right for me. We West Coasters are so spoiled...

And yes, it's nearly 5AM. I can't sleep...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
The ESRB leak that happened prior to Smash 4’s release was largely seen as fake until proven legit. I should know - I wrote the Smashboards news article about it. Got private messages calling me a fraud and peddling fake news. I was told I should be ashamed of myself for spreading fake leaks. Things like Shulk’s render, Dr Mario’s pose, placing of characters on the select screen, line width, and Wario’s render were what people thought made it fake.

Found it

https://smashboards.com/threads/potential-leaked-roster-surfaces.364880/
Sheesh, that thread hurts to read. That leak was wild. Even when the videos were posted people keep saying "Project M/Mod."

"LOL so fake I could die." -RIP some SmashBoards user.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I might be able to share the link to you if you. Once it's uploaded to YouTube, you could find a youtube down load site you trust, something along the lines of keepvid.

I know the struggles of trying to go in unspoiled, especially since I'm in the same timezone as you

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last year, iirc, Nintendo's E3 site had the main presentation be the first thing you see.

Even though I didn't get to watch it live, I was still able to watch it without anything being spoiled.

Hopefully the site layout is similar this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom