• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes I think we will and they will be Dixie and K. Rool. The DK characters in the Smash 4 roster were based on Returns not TF so Dixie will get in this time and King K. Rool is in too high demand to ignore.

Also there have been 2 or newcomers for a single franchise in every game:
In 64 Mario got Mario and Lugi and Pokemon got Pikcahu and Jiggypuff
In Melee Mario got Peach and Bowser, Zelda got Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Young Link, Pokemon got Mewtwo and Pichu and FE got Marth and Roy
In Brawl Pokemon got Pokemon trainer and Lucario and Kirby got Meta Knight and Dedede.
In Smash 4 Mario got Rosalina and Bowser Jr and FE got Robin, Lucina and Corrin.
Kid Icarus also got two newcomers...and you left out Doc for Melee
Leaks aside, are there characters you support not because you like the character but what he or she and the franchise could bring to Smash?

For me personally:
  1. Goku: reaction videos from DBZ fans and butthurt rage quits by smash purists.
  2. Goku from Yuyuki: trollilololololos from smash fans and butt hurt ragequits from DBZ fans
  3. Scorpion from Mortal Kombat: for the movie theme song and to see Kirby dressed as a undead ninja and yell “GET OVER HERE!!!” as the copy ability followed by a blood splattering uppercut.
  4. Black Shadow: to get Ganondorf’s moveset so Ganondorf can his own based-on-canon moveset.
  5. Chrono: I do like the character but mostly for that music.
  6. Monster Hunter/Felyne: purely for trophies of the monsters found in the game.
Scorpion is a must need

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm in Australia, so the Direct is at 2AM on the 13th. And I have an assignment due on the 12th, so the timing literally couldn't be more convenient. I submit, I sleep, I wake up to watch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The countdown wouldn't be much of a problem if E3 was located at an east coast city, such as New York. Unfortunately, no matter where you're located, your work schedule can potentially prevent you from viewing the live broadcast.
lives in Britain and smiles smugly

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
See, this is why I thanked those who compiled the Vergeben rumors up to this point. Either you helped shed light on a leak for the game, or you helped add fire to the fun speculation. People get way too upset about rumors and speculation, it's just a game.

Like sure I'll be dissapointed if this goes no where and Ridley doesn't get in, but like, I have real life problems lol.
My real life problems are Ridley not being in Melee, Brawl and Sm4sh

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Going through the ESRB leak thread made me cringe and laugh at how foolish some of the reasons for it being fake were...ah good foolish people (though thanks to that leak, anything and everything can be faked)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What do we talk about now?

Other than how big/small Ridley is of course

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a topic, do you think there'll be 3rd party trophies without major content like Rayman and Commander Video in the last game?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here's a topic, do you think there'll be 3rd party trophies without major content like Rayman and Commander Video in the last game?
Minecraft stage?

But seriously, it'd cool to have SEGA trophies other than Sonic ones. Or maybe Mega Man items and Namco assist characters other than ghosts.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Here's something with more to really talk about: I brought it up one time before but it wasn't really discussed, but if story mode somehow returns, what characters do you want to see team up with each other and throw down? Gimme Shulk, Lucario and Fox taking on a huge army of enemies, and I'm happy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jigglypuff was too big in the last game.
She wasn’t big enough
It’s possible, but it’d be cooler if there were 3rd party assist trophies or stages that isn’t too major

?????????????

Smash Master
Here's something with more to really talk about: I brought it up one time before but it wasn't really discussed, but if story mode somehow returns, what characters do you want to see team up with each other and throw down? Gimme Shulk, Lucario and Fox taking on a huge army of enemies, and I'm happy.
You want to know what my dream team up would really be?

Little Mac and Spring Man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:4pit::4bayonetta:...literally all I need

osby

Smash Obsessed
Greninja-Sheik team up is a must.
Olimar and Rosalina might be interesting.
Lucina with either Palutena or Captain Falcon.
Shulk vs R.O.B.
Please Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link

I can write a lot more. SSE brought me into Smash and I'll always care about character interactions more than game mechanics like the filthy casual I am.

Zeox

Smash Champion
correct me if I'm wrong Vergeben even later said that there was false information in it.
At first he said that it was probably a leak that was piggybacking him, but when they told him that the imgur leak had snake before his leak he said that he will have an eye on it.
Never said it was false, but also never said it was real, he doesn't know yet.

D

Deleted member

Simon, Pit and Mega Man obviously.

Oh and Samus and Link alongside those 3 too since Samus was part of the Captain N Comic team and Link appeared in an episode of the show.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Scorpion from Mortal Kombat: for the movie theme song and to see Kirby dressed as a undead ninja and yell “GET OVER HERE!!!” as the copy ability followed by a blood splattering uppercut.
YES! This!

If Scorpion ever gets in Smash, that's what Kirby should do with Scorpion's spear. Spear followed by a blood splattering uppercut (or it could be "sweaty" just like the original SNES port).

Assuming Nintendo actually lets Scorpion keep the blood splattering violence in Smash, which characters would have red, green, or black blood?

Sweat (Nintendo-friendly)
:4falcon::4dedede::4darkpit::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::popo::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4mewtwo::4miif::4mii::4ness::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::pichumelee::4pikachu::4pit::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4feroy::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villagerf::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4wiifitm::wolf::younglinkmelee::4zelda::4zss::4wario2:
Dixie Kong, Geno & Mallow, Mimikyu, Samurai Goroh, Sora, Takamaru

Red
:4bayonetta::4cloud::4ryu::snake:
Scorpion, Simon Belmont

Green (like Reptile)
:4bowser::4charizard::4corrin::4corrinf::4ganondorf::4greninja::ivysaur::squirtle::4yoshi:
King K. Rool, Medusa, Ridley

Black (like Cyrax and Sektor)
:4bowserjr::4megaman::4metaknight::4gaw::4olimar::4rob::4samus::4alph::4wiremac:
Chorus Kids, Elma, Inkling, Porky

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh man, just read all the news about Verge's rumor. I want to believe man.. I'll feel so bad for Ridley's diehard fans if they lose yet another battle.
What news? I just read over the last page and people seem to believe more now, not less. Are you saying it lost credibility? (I never believe ANY leaks tbh, but I like keeping up with them)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
:4mario: and :4sonic: doing literally anything together.

I remember Sonic's late introduction to Subspace making me so disappointed. With Mario and Sonic's first official crossover being... well, the Olympics, I was really looking forward to the two having a moment. Of course, now I know that's because Sonic was last-minute, but still.

I remember one of my fanfic as hell ideas back in the day was Mario and Sonic teaming up to take down Eggman, who experiments on Bowser to turn him into Giga Bowser or something silly like that.

Obviously, Mario and Sonic together doesn't have nearly as big of an impact today as it did in 2008, but y'know. Still a childhood pipe dream.

Besides that, :4shulk::4lucas::4ness::4cloud: RPG BOIS.

Last edited:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Little Mac and Samus bonding.
:3

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
YES! This!

If Scorpion ever gets in Smash, that's what Kirby should do with Scorpion's spear. Spear followed by a blood splattering uppercut (or it could be "sweaty" just like the original SNES port).

Assuming Nintendo actually lets Scorpion keep the blood splattering violence in Smash, which characters would have red, green, or black blood?

Sweat (Nintendo-friendly)
:4falcon::4dedede::4darkpit::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::popo::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4mewtwo::4miif::4mii::4ness::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::pichumelee::4pikachu::4pit::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4feroy::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villagerf::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4wiifitm::wolf::younglinkmelee::4zelda::4zss::4wario2:
Dixie Kong, Geno & Mallow, Mimikyu, Samurai Goroh, Sora

Red
:4bayonetta::4cloud::4ryu::snake:
Scorpion, Simon Belmont

Green (like Reptile)
:4bowser::4charizard::4corrin::4corrinf::4ganondorf::4greninja::ivysaur::squirtle::4yoshi:
King K. Rool, Medusa, Ridley

Black (like Cyrax and Sektor)
:4bowserjr::4megaman::4metaknight::4gaw::4olimar::4rob::4samus::4alph::4wiremac:
Chorus Kids, Elma, Inkling, Porky
Sweat?

I remember Sonic's late introduction to Subspace making me so disappointed. With Mario and Sonic's first official crossover being... well, the Olympics, I was really looking forward to the two having a moment. Of course, now I know that's because Sonic was last-minute, but still.

I remember one of my fanfic as hell ideas back in the day was Mario and Sonic teaming up to take down Eggman, who experiments on Bowser to turn him into Giga Bowser or something silly like that.

Obviously, Mario and Sonic together doesn't have nearly as big of an impact today as it did in 2008, but y'know. Still a childhood pipe dream.
To make a :4mario::4sonic:crossover even bigger...all they need to do is make a platformer between the two (would be a massive mega buster)
Little Mac and Samus bonding.
:3
Samus could bond with 90-100% of the roster

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Falco and Revali. I wanna see who would come up with the better roasts.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
At first he said that it was probably a leak that was piggybacking him, but when they told him that the imgur leak had snake before his leak he said that he will have an eye on it.
Never said it was false, but also never said it was real, he doesn't know yet.
Thanks for letting me know.

I guess that means the imgur "leak" is still possible but it's defintely not attached and shouldn't appear more credible. It piggybacked off Veregeben's picks and Snake was a logical conclusion that I was saying even before either of them mentioned him.

Still is fun to think of a Smash hero vs. villians theme though.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Thanks for letting me know.

I guess that means the imgur "leak" is still possible but it's defintely not attached and shouldn't appear more credible. It piggybacked off Veregeben's picks and Snake was a logical conclusion that I was saying even before either of them mentioned him.

Still is fun to think of a Smash hero vs. villians theme though.
If Vergeben ends up being real that doesn't means the imgur leak is, but if the vergeben leak is false then the imgur leak is false too.
Basically, Vergeben leak is not linked to the imgur leak, but the imgur leak is linked to the Vergeben leak.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Besides that, :4shulk::4lucas::4ness::4cloud: RPG BOIS.

You just made me realize Brawl was 10years ago.... thats insane.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If Vergeben ends up being real that doesn't means the imgur leak is, but if the vergeben leak is false then the imgur leak is false too.
Basically, Vergeben leak is not linked to the imgur leak, but the imgur leak is linked to the Vergeben leak.
Has Vergeben said if he knows more of the roster besides what he shared? Or are the "big 4" the only ones he knows about?

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Has Vergeben said if he knows more of the roster besides what he shared? Or are the "big 4" the only ones he knows about?
He has only mentioned the 4 characters, minecraft content, and no cuts.
He's on the gamefaqs thread ATM basically restating he's certain Ridley is playable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Off topic...but E3 Week has officially started for me thanks to Telltale Walking Dead. Now I await Spider-Man PS4 and Smash
Yes. Sweat. That's what the SNES port of the first Mortal Kombat game had instead of blood from the original arcade version.
Ah. I thought you meant sweet for a moment
:4megaman:?

Put him in there too, why not. At least Sonic and Mega Man had a close-to-proper crossover.
Pac-Man can even join if he wants to

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think thats all he knows along with "no cuts/ minecraft represented in some way not a character", but I'm not him so I couldnt say for sure. His source seems to be someone with access to konami stuff though, so other companies might have stuff being announced for smash we dont know about from him, and I'd wager this is all "E3 info" and neither him nor his source probably know the final game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom