• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So he tripled on Ridley big gamble man

And he doubled on snake

Please don't let us down

If a castlevania collection is confirmed on switch its a homerun

Zeox

Smash Champion
Question, if Ridley and Simon share a trailer, with them fighting, what music should be used.
Bloody Tears or Ridley's theme?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Question, if Ridley and Simon share a trailer, with them fighting, what music should be used.
The Smash main theme since they will probably get revealed in the main trailer.

Zeox

Smash Champion
The Smash main theme since they will probably get revealed in the main trailer.
Dammit, I was just using that as an excuse to make you guys decide between what music was better.
(Honestly, as much as I love ridley's theme, I think Bloody Tears would fit better)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
someone wrote something on 4chan the other day claiming to have seen a trailer:

everyone climbing a snowy mountain for the smash ball then ice climbers shows up but gets beat out by "surprise" ridley. piggybacking vergeben obviously but what interested me was that ridley on top of the mountain kind of mirrors the condor from the actual ice climbers game and so it at least had some thought put into it, fake or not.

I guess my main point being if they do trailers for joint characters ridley/ice climbers would make more sense, and snake/simon together rather than a konami and nintendo rep getting a joint trailer.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What if the leak is real but Sakurai cut Ridley out of fury that he was leaked, just like when he cut Shovel Knight when he was leaked as 100% legit Ballot Winner?/s
Here is an example of a Japanese "leak".
https://twitter.com/gonzarez1938/status/980247326357770240
Translation...
But they later admitted it was just a joke in a follow-up tweet when someone asked.
>Dark Matter and Gooey both have trophies
I've already decided that this is better than the real thing and I haven't even seen the real thing.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
someone wrote something on 4chan the other day claiming to have seen a trailer:

everyone climbing a snowy mountain for the smash ball then ice climbers shows up but gets beat out by "surprise" ridley. piggybacking vergeben obviously but what interested me was that ridley on top of the mountain kind of mirrors the condor from the actual ice climbers game and so it at least had some thought put into it, fake or not.

I guess my main point being if they do trailers for joint characters ridley/ice climbers would make more sense, and snake/simon together rather than a konami and nintendo rep getting a joint trailer.
I think a Ridley VS Simon would fit better for the thematic of "Metroid + Castlevania = Metroidvania"... that, and because Ridley fans have cried so much for ridley that at this point they cry "bloody tears".

Abade

Smash Apprentice
Still, if they knew the Wii U was dead, and if they knew that XC2 would be released before Smash Switch, then I don't understand what they thought they could gain by adding Elma.

I can see Sakurai being an advocate for both Rex/Pyra and Elma, but I don't see why the higher ups would favor Elma.
The developers has expressed interest in making Xenoblade 3 and Xeno X2. Given how both games ended I presume Xeno X2 would feature the same cast in a direct sequel while Xenoblade 3 is...unclear what it would be. As well as releasing Xenoblade X on the Switch
https://nintendosoup.com/monolith-s...ade-chronicles-3-and-xenoblade-chronicles-x2/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/8lop8j https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/8lop8j/xenoblade_2_ost_booklet_contains_a_message_from/ https://www.resetera.com/threads/koh-kojima-wants-to-make-xenoblade-x2-xenoblade-3.44474/
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/monolith-soft-president-wants-play-xenoblade-chronicles-x-switch
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/3...nt-wants-bring-xenoblade-chronicles-x-switch/

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Re: Elma's appearance in her game. I think it's an uncanny valley thing. It looks like they were going for something halfway in between a classic anime look and a realistic look. To me, her eyes seem too wide and far apart, while her mouth and nose look very small, and the distance between the features seems off. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet, so I don't know how it matches up with Shulk in terms of creepiness. It's similar to how I feel when I look at Eliwood's normal unit in Fire Emblem Heroes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Are there really higher-ups responsible for choosing newcomer decisions? I thought Sakurai was in full control? Something feels off.
Agreed, Sakurai is a freelancer, if Nintendo forced things onto him he could just tell them to find someone else then. Also, Nintendo treat their longtime developers with immense respect, it goes against their very philosophy to force things on someone like Sakurai.

I don't buy it one bit.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I swear, if Ridley isn't playable, he'll never be able to climb out of the hole he dug himself.

Actually, "hole" is an understatement. This guy is digging a massive crater at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
Nah, hole is right; only he is ripping apart space itself to be swallowed into a black hole if he is wrong.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
If verg is real (please), I wonder what made him change his mind on purple Charizard...

I was 100% certain he would add Sylux or a Dark Samus first as a lame excuse, but if this is true (oh god please), I wonder if he was forced to, or actually out his heart into the character.

If the truth behind the game having no cuts is true, this leads me to several conclusions:

- Gameplay will be More like it’s predacessor than any previous game
- Leaving a lot of free time for new characters
- New hardware + Fans + Tome = eh, I guess we can try...
- bingbababoop
- Ridley confirmed

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Translation...
But they later admitted it was just a joke in a follow-up tweet when someone asked.
>Spoiling XBC2 in such a massive way.
Yeah, I could totally believe a leak like that unironically .

On the subject of trophies, I really hope they aren't useless again. There has to be a way to make them something more than just things to look at for ten seconds and move along.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If verg is real (please), I wonder what made him change his mind on purple Charizard...

I was 100% certain he would add Sylux or a Dark Samus first as a lame excuse, but if this is true (oh god please), I wonder if he was forced to, or actually out his heart into the character.
Maybe he replayed super metroid thanks to the SNES mini and he was like "you know what? this dude is cool, I think i get now why people want him, let's try to do something with this dragon".
And so he did.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Re: Elma's appearance in her game. I think it's an uncanny valley thing. It looks like they were going for something halfway in between a classic anime look and a realistic look. To me, her eyes seem too wide and far apart, while her mouth and nose look very small, and the distance between the features seems off. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet, so I don't know how it matches up with Shulk in terms of creepiness. It's similar to how I feel when I look at Eliwood's normal unit in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Normal Eliwood looks way too damn weird
>Spoiling XBC2 in such a massive way.
Yeah, I could totally believe a leak like that unironically .

On the subject of trophies, I really hope they aren't useless again. There has to be a way to make them something more than just things to look at for ten seconds and move along.
have them be animated idols like in KI Uprising

?????????????

Smash Master
Aw, man. I thought I was going to be able to watch the direct on Tuesday, but they just rescheduled my student's awards assembly at that time. I can't miss that!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Edit: Regarding the "Nekoo" posted leak: Anytime someone says "And the higher ups decided x" is lying. I'll bet a million shoes on it. Anyone who had that info 100% would not leak that.
I actually would bet the shoes with you. people not only need to consider the kind of info a leaker said, but also how the hell they got it. "I watched an unreleased trailer" is way more credible than "I Somehow know what the developing team and the producers were thinking"...

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Why people keep asking him this, he already said it hundred of times, he trust his own sources and he believes it.
Now, if is not true, his reputation as leaker will die, but if it is true, he will be crowned king of leaks and everyone will trust him more in his future leaks.
Big risk he is taking, hope he is right.
Yeah same here. He must know he has a shaky reputation as a leaker due to having more misses than hits, so the fact that he's putting so much faith in such a major piece of info-I mean, this is Ridley we're talking about here-must mean something good.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Translation...
I could be totally wrong but are these all unique models?! I haven't seen a lot of these before.

That's a lot of work for a fake! Even if it isn't in the Smash style at all. And to just call it a joke later, wow lol. Maybe they aren't unique then...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I swear, if Ridley isn't playable, he'll never be able to climb out of the hole he dug himself.

Actually, "hole" is an understatement. This guy is digging a massive crater at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
You mean this hole? :troll:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Monolith soft are just not that good when it comes to graphics in general. OG Xenoblade almost looks like a GameCube era game instead of a late Wii era game when it comes to character models. Compared to Galaxy, Skyward Sword, NMH, Okami, RE4 Wii Edition, Brawl and The Last Story, the characters and some parts of the environment look horrendous. Even Xenoblade 2 has some very awkward looking animations and cutscenes.
The ring-like irises might also have something to do with the uncanny valley.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
There is a reason because the eyes in Xenoblade X look the way they do

Spoilers of Chapter 5
They are all robots controlled by their owner's mind, which is inside the Main Core, the thing you must find during the story. That's why they look like dolls

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll say it again, if Ridley is a boss, make him the first darned one shown. Don't drag it out.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Translation...
That's just fanart. Gonzarez drew a bunch of characters like this.

Here's Mythra's trophy art. It's heavily based on a different fanart the artist did.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Alright, for fun, lets assume the Verg leak is real, and we get a trailer with Icies, Ridley, Snake, and Belmont this E3.

How would the trailer go?

My guess - Starts off with the first smash 5 footage we've seen. Flashes a bit of new link, and maybe a couple of other slight veteran revamps. Then, ice climbers are in the clips, almost nonchalantly. They start beating on the other fighters, cool stuff is shown off, etc. They do their up-B, grab a ledge, and on a zoom in of the ledge, you see a claw... Ridley swipes them off the edge. Cue to some Ridley gameplay, with throwbacks to his other smash appearances. we see him air-grabbing samus, smacking pikachu with his tail, etc. Suddenly, an explosion blows Ridley off screen. the trailer pans to the side a bit, and we see a familiar cardboard box. a ! appears above it, Snake throws it off. "did you miss me?". A bit of snake gameplay that blends into general gameplay, showing off a couple more obvious veterans too. Trailer ends.

Later, at the end of the direct, the Simon Belmont trailer comes separate, as is the tradition for third party hype.

Although IMO even if the leak is real, this combination of characters for the E3 reveal seems unlikely. I think we'll probably get 3 newcomers (although Simon+Ridley would def be hype worthy as two of them), and a kickoff of Smashbros.com again. Don't think we've forgotten your blog, Mr. Sakurai.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, for fun, lets assume the Verg leak is real, and we get a trailer with Icies, Ridley, Snake, and Belmont this E3.

How would the trailer go?

My guess - Starts off with the first smash 5 footage we've seen. Flashes a bit of new link, and maybe a couple of other slight veteran revamps. Then, ice climbers are in the clips, almost nonchalantly. They start beating on the other fighters, cool stuff is shown off, etc. They do their up-B, grab a ledge, and on a zoom in of the ledge, you see a claw... Ridley swipes them off the edge. Cue to some Ridley gameplay, with throwbacks to his other smash appearances. we see him air-grabbing samus, smacking pikachu with his tail, etc. Suddenly, an explosion blows Ridley off screen. the trailer pans to the side a bit, and we see a familiar cardboard box. a ! appears above it, Snake throws it off. "did you miss me?". A bit of snake gameplay that blends into general gameplay, showing off a couple more obvious veterans too. Trailer ends.

Later, at the end of the direct, the Simon Belmont trailer comes separate, as is the tradition for third party hype.

Although IMO even if the leak is real, this combination of characters for the E3 reveal seems unlikely. I think we'll probably get 3 newcomers (although Simon+Ridley would def be hype worthy as two of them), and a kickoff of Smashbros.com again. Don't think we've forgotten your blog, Mr. Sakurai.
MetroidVania crossover trailer hype with Simon and Ridley duking it out. Then a separate trailer of IC climbing an iceberg looking for something when suddenly "Kept you waiting huh?" Snake pops out alongside Summit or some ****

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The best way to do an unexpected trailer would be to have on that looks like it's a promo for Let's go Pikachu and Eevee.... then the field turns dark and...

THE EYE REFLECTION! on Eevee

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit, Viridi and Palutena having a “peaceful conversation” about a resurrected Medusa, Ridley, and a Captain N reunion would be amazing

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pit, Viridi and Palutena having a “peaceful conversation” about a resurrected Medusa, Ridley, and a Captain N reunion would be amazing
Speaking of, who owns the rights t Kevin specifically? DiC? or could Nintendo use him any time they wanted, they just don't wanna?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The best unexpected trailer? Have Smash Bros. at the start of the presentation and another new game later, for this example I'll use Captain Toad because he's my baby.

Replay the CT:TT port trailer. Except this time Toad wanders into a brand new area. It goes dark. He turns around.

EYE REFLECTION

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The best way to do an unexpected trailer would be to have on that looks like it's a promo for Let's go Pikachu and Eevee.... then the field turns dark and...

THE EYE REFLECTION! on Eevee
I really don't see any real merits for Eevee, at all. Sure, if you're willing to break accuracy then it'd be more exciting than an accuracy breaking Lycanroc but still, not seeing it happening

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I really don't see any real merits for Eevee, at all. Sure, if you're willing to break accuracy then it'd be more exciting than an accuracy breaking Lycanroc but still, not seeing it happening
It can work with only mild accuracy breaking. Namely that that Eevee can summon it's evolutions with Z- power!

See more here.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So, I know this is a late response to the story mode teams thing, but I'd love to see:
  • :4lucina::4shulk: (I challenge my fate - I can change the future!)
  • :4pacman::4kirby: (Hungry smiley faces.)
  • :4zss::snake: (Stealthy spandex.)
  • :4mario::4sonic: (Obligatory Nintendo and Sega rivalry.)
  • :4link::4cloud: (Self-explanatory.)
  • :4bayonetta::4pit: (Snarky angel hunting witch and a literal angel.)
  • :4zelda::4palutena: (Reincarnation of a goddess and a goddess of light, both namedropped in their series' titles. Not to mention that they both have great voice actors.)
  • :4ness::4pikachu: (Look up the connections between Ape Inc. and the Pokemon company.)
  • :4olimar::rosalina: (Space explorers and friends of small creatures.)
  • :4littlemac::4ryu: (American and Japanese martial artists.)
  • :4fox::4falcon: (Sci-Fi protagonists who prefer staying in a vehicle.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom