• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Here is an example of a Japanese "leak".
https://twitter.com/gonzarez1938/status/980247326357770240
Translation...
But they later admitted it was just a joke in a follow-up tweet when someone asked.
I remember this guy :D

He did another Micaiah trophy some years ago besides the one it's here (the old one is her as a Light Mage, this one is her as Priestess).

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i could see Eevee in smash, more likely DLC given the time frame although game freaks has certainly been pushing Eevee before these new games but i dont know if Eevee screams "playable smash fighter" without the "lets go" games making eevee super relevant.

i actually think squirtle and ivysaur are the most likely pokemon reps, the smash ballot heavily favored veterans from what i saw of gathered ballot data.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
What news? I just read over the last page and people seem to believe more now, not less. Are you saying it lost credibility? (I never believe ANY leaks tbh, but I like keeping up with them)
No, I'm just saying that I want to believe, as in, I believe him but at the same time I want to remain cautious.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I want a remake of the inklings trailer with Mario and Bowser fighting, then it all goes dark and we see Mario's eyes... Its Ridley... Its too big

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The best unexpected trailer? Have Smash Bros. at the start of the presentation and another new game later, for this example I'll use Captain Toad because he's my baby.

Replay the CT:TT port trailer. Except this time Toad wanders into a brand new area. It goes dark. He turns around.

EYE REFLECTION
Yes! I like this one! I also would love to see an unexpected trailer where after Nintendo announces "Pokémon Let's Go, Meowth!", the scene shows Meowth chasing after a shiny round object. Meowth pounces and catches it. Everything goes dark. The shiny round object glows in the dark and Meowth looks at it. Meowth has the eye reflection.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Fun killing time:
I expect the "flame in eye" to be a one time thing, maybe two time thing. Similar to Mega Man's "New Challenger Approaching" that became somewhat of a meme but was never used for another trailer.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Fun killing time:
I expect the "flame in eye" to be a one time thing, maybe two time thing. Similar to Mega Man's "New Challenger Approaching" that became somewhat of a meme but was never used for another trailer.
I agree somewhat. It could come back. However it won't come back in the sense of a trailer fake out like the Splatoon one did. Gunna be way to obvious. I can see it happening mid Smash trailer.

Just saying if they show a "Metroid Trailer" after the Metroid Prime 4 segment it's gunna be super obvious what's happening lol.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Isn't it ironic that Ridley is kind of the most believable newcomer this time around? lmao.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Imagine, if you will....

The scene opens with Mario running along a grassy yet stony cliff. He stops and looks around. No sound. It´s quiet but Mario seems to think something is wrong. He shifts around uncomfortably. The silence is finally broken by Shulk jumping out to slice him in the back. Mario turns and sees him in time and jumps out of the way. Shulk goes on the offensive and repeatedly tries to slash Mario with the Monado, but Mario keeps jumping back and dodges every swing.

Suddenly, they both hear a large explosion. Both fighters stop and look around. They hear a machine humming as they turn to see a large robot rise up from below the cliff while this song starts to play.

The robot raises his arm to the sky and grows a large energy sword. The robot then slashes at the cliffside. The cliffside is cleaved in half. The stage starts to crumble apart as Mario and Shulk scramble for safety. The robot finishes the attack and hovers in place as a figure jumps out of the chest of the robot. The figure lands in front of Mario and Shulk who prepare for a fight. Finally the camera pans to the newcomer and shows Elma holding both her swords in the shape of an X in front of her chest. The camera zooms into her eyes and finally shows the fiery Smash Bros logo.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I know people have said this before, but it's been really hard to wrap my head around the fact that the Inklings are in the game. They were one of my most wanted for Smash 4 DLC and obviously that carried over to now. However we never talk about them or hype them up here, largely because they're already confirmed. It almost feels like they're not even here sometimes, and I often don't even think about it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Fun killing time:
The New Challenger Approaching thing was actually from Brawl, a banner with the text would pop up at the top of the site when a newcomer was the daily update. Didn't really catch on with Smash 4 though, I think it might appear on the splash screen before you face an unlockable, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Isn't it ironic that Ridley is kind of the most believable newcomer this time around? lmao.
Well the alternates are King K. Rool and Isabelle and Isabelle isn't as hype and we all have a fear that the DK series has been left in the lurch when it comes to Smash.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Inb4 Vergeben is completely lying and the game's only newcomer is literally Inkling.

Bradli Wartooth Bradli Wartooth Feel free to talk about them, I've never played Splatoon so I have no idea what to expect from them apart from a nice diversity of weapons and a possible ink mechanic.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I know people have said this before, but it's been really hard to wrap my head around the fact that the Inklings are in the game. They were one of my most wanted for Smash 4 DLC and obviously that carried over to now. However we never talk about them or hype them up here, largely because they're already confirmed. It almost feels like they're not even here sometimes, and I often don't even think about it.
It is a bit hard to be as hyped about them when they still haven’t revealed gameplay, especially given that they were, by far, the most obvious newcomer pick... once they show us what direction they chose to take their moveset, we can have fun visualizing what kinds of strategies they can have.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well the alternates are King K. Rool and Isabelle and Isabelle isn't as hype and we all have a fear that the DK series has been left in the lurch when it comes to Smash.
The latter wouldn't make much sense, but K. Rool definitely has enough tools to be a viable contender. But being absent for almost 10 years could be a troubling issue.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... It's hard to talk about them without having any idea of their moveset xDU

osby

Smash Obsessed
Characters are only hype worthy until they got into the game.

Also their fans were writing a lot less than most of the Smash wanteds.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
After thinking he was very likely pre brawl, and then thinking he was very likely pre sm4sh, I might be a bit jaded, but I really don't know if he feels likely or not. I'm really hoping, but I put no trust in leaks so I really just have my boyish naivety to go off of.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
So, I know this is a late response to the story mode teams thing, but I'd love to se
I just would love to see :4jigglypuff: appearing when some stuff gets serious and putting everybody to sleep.
Or I would like to see her as a sidekick to :4bowser: to replace :4bowserjr: because he decided to rebel against the father for some reason. She would just be doing what she is told having no clue of what is going on. It would be fun to see her following the koopa around using jr's band.
She can also serve as a sidekick to :4ganondorf: or join Star Wolf.:wolf:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I just would love to see :4jigglypuff: appearing when some stuff gets serious and putting everybody to sleep.
Or I would like to see her as a sidekick to :4bowser: to replace :4bowserjr: because he decided to rebel against the father for some reason. She would just be doing what she is told having no clue of what is going on. It would be fun to see her following the koopa around using jr's band.
She can also serve as a sidekick to :4ganondorf: or join Star Wolf.:wolf:
Puff teamed up with Ridley would be great. Both flyers. both terrifying.

I'd also love to see Isabelle and Mimikyu teamed up. It just seems like a great combo. Both seem cute externally, but have dark secrets hidden underneath.

Troykv

Smash Master
Characters are only hype worthy until they got into the game.

Also their fans were writing a lot less than most of the Smash wanteds.
Yeah, Inkling it's just that character that pretty much everyone agree that they will appear in Smash and they will be fun.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Imagine, if you will....

The scene opens with Mario running along a grassy yet stony cliff. He stops and looks around. No sound. It´s quiet but Mario seems to think something is wrong. He shifts around uncomfortably. The silence is finally broken by Shulk jumping out to slice him in the back. Mario turns and sees him in time and jumps out of the way. Shulk goes on the offensive and repeatedly tries to slash Mario with the Monado, but Mario keeps jumping back and dodges every swing.

Suddenly, they both hear a large explosion. Both fighters stop and look around. They hear a machine humming as they turn to see a large robot rise up from below the cliff while this song starts to play.

The robot raises his arm to the sky and grows a large energy sword. The robot then slashes at the cliffside. The cliffside is cleaved in half. The stage starts to crumble apart as Mario and Shulk scramble for safety. The robot finishes the attack and hovers in place as a figure jumps out of the chest of the robot. The figure lands in front of Mario and Shulk who prepare for a fight. Finally the camera pans to the newcomer and shows Elma holding both her swords in the shape of an X in front of her chest. The camera zooms into her eyes and finally shows the fiery Smash Bros logo.
Love the idea but it needs more samus or maybe R.O.B cause y'know...ganglion robots

Also, Shulk randomly attacking mario seems strange, bowser made more sense

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, it’s like me... I brought up Duck Hunt Dog often for 12 years. Once I finally got him in Smash, my work is done. I no longer need to try to convince people to support Duck Hunt Dog for Smash (and Sakurai pretty much shut down the detractors). Maybe the same happened to the Inklings after they got in Smash.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's funny that I made a prediction and a wish roster and showed to a friend, and both of them actually had Inkling because you know... they're already announced, but... My friend looked at me and said "I forgot you wanted Inkling so bad... while I agree they're probably gonna happen".
I stared at him and stated the obvious "Man... they were in the unique trailer we had for the game" and only then he remembered. Maybe this shows that Inkling was not THAT much of a hype-builder.Still love the fact they're a newcomer, I think defensive playstyle is lacking and despised, maybe they can be a great ranged fighter.

I also thinks that C.Toad is the best option to open E3 presentation. It's a cute addition that won't interfere the reveal of the game itself.
Kind of what they got revealing Villager first (my favorite Smash4 newcomer). If they start showing a third-party or Ridley or something like that, this will be the big news, better save that for the end of the presentation or it will foreshadow the rest of it.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The most trolling move Sakurai would ever make is if Inklings are confirmed....as Assist Trophies

:troll:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
If Pauline gets in, I would to see a trailer in which Mario gets kidnaped by one of the villains and she is the one who saves him using the items from DK Arcade.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The most trolling move Sakurai would ever make is if Inklings are confirmed....as Assist Trophies

:troll:
i've said this before, but it's weird that we still have no official confirmation that Inklings are playable. They obviously are, but it's just weird that we haven't seen any gameplay, or that nobody from Nintendo has come out and said "We hope you look forward to playing as Inkling in Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo Switch!"

It's weird.

You know who never gets talked about? Ashley. She's popular as hell and has moveset potential. I'd like her
Just a couple days ago, a few of us said we were surprised nobody had Ashley on their prediction rosters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
All because the vegen ben leak is now reliable (possible)

Hope it's true and the Ridley war comes to end (but then the veteran status one will start in smash 6)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, it’s like me... I brought up Duck Hunt Dog often for 12 years. Once I finally got him in Smash, my work is done. I no longer need to try to convince people to support Duck Hunt Dog for Smash (and Sakurai pretty much shut down the detractors). Maybe the same happened to the Inklings after they got in Smash.
You can finally rest. Hopefully this will be me after Ridley. Been flying that banner here for 12 years haha.

You know who never gets talked about? Ashley. She's popular as hell and has moveset potential. I'd like her
See, I have really conflicting feelings with Ashley. As much as I think the character is cool, and as much as I like the WarioWare franchise, I really dislike that WarioWare is Wario's default costume in Sm4sh rather than Wario Land. I also really dislike that his moveset no longer incorporates the Wario Land shoulder bash. I really love the Wario Land franchise and it really hurts me to see it so under represented in Smash. So I end up leaving Wario Ware stuff out of my rosters in hopes that they move back in a Wario Land direction.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So the Simon leak has a little weight added to it yay!

And Tales of Vesperia is getting possibly remastered and possibly announced at E3. As well as as the Tales of Switch title too. This makes me bit more hopeful for Lloyd or any Tales Of character now. Especially if Vesperia is ported to Switch.

Updated my roster again to include Snake.

Switch Roster.png

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What makes Ashley stand out above the other potential Wario characters? Legitimately asking.
Well she's a witch which has moveset potential and she's popular in both Japan and America (thanks to some localisation)

Personally I prefer Mona but hey, this isn't about me.

?????????????

Smash Master
And Tales of Vesperia is getting possibly remastered and possibly announced at E3. As well as as the Tales of Switch title too. This makes me bit more hopeful for Lloyd or any Tales Of character now. Especially if Vesperia is ported to Switch.
DUDE, SERIOUSLY?

I am SO sad more people don't know about Tales of Vesperia. It's hands-down one of the best games of all time. If Vesperia actually comes to Switch, I'm supporting Yuri Lowell all the way.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
You know what'd be cool? if we got to see mashups of songs from various nintendo games in Smash Switch, a good example of what i'm talking about would be if Jump Up Super Star mashed up with I Feel Fine (Rhythm Heaven Fever).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
DUDE, SERIOUSLY?

I am SO sad more people don't know about Tales of Vesperia. It's hands-down one of the best games of all time. If Vesperia actually comes to Switch, I'm supporting Yuri Lowell all the way.
I never played Vesperia because I'm not a fan of Xbox (I know lame, but it's my choice to never purchase an Xbox system)

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
All because the vegen ben leak is now reliable (possible)

Hope it's true and the Ridley war comes to end (but then the veteran status one will start in smash 6)
While Vergeben is at the forefront of the likelihood of Ridley becoming playable, don't forget that there were numerous rumors and teases that Ridley will become a playable character before him.
Heck I think it all started on Resetera when the mods of that site, who supposedly also have sources/info brokers of their own, were hinting at Ridley even before the March direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom