• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
He has only mentioned the 4 characters, minecraft content, and no cuts.
He's on the gamefaqs thread ATM basically restating he's certain Ridley is playable.
As of right now, Ridley is still the only character I'm investing faith in. Now that we got confirmation that his second source (Simon, ICs, no cuts) is responsible for Snake, I don't think I want to commit to the full rumor just yet. Feels like I'd be jumping to conclusions if I believed everything from a single source.

Ridley has multiple sources backing him up. If it weren't for that, I'd probably ignore Vergeben until more evidence to support his claims popped up.

Last edited:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
For height reasons or something more?
I just think they're really cute together.
I don't usually ship characters, but I kind of got hit by the SamusXMac bandwagon back in 2014.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Sorry for being ignorant but the vergeban leak is just mentioning the characters that will be revealed at E3 and not the entire roster, right?

Zeox

Smash Champion
I don't usually ship characters, but I kind of got hit by the SamusXMac bandwagon back in 2014.
There is one in every smash, like SamuxXSnake in Brawl... or SamusXCaptain Falcon in... dunno if it was meele or 64.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Imo some great potential matchups for story mode could be
-Scorpion Vs Ryu (duh!)
-the Kongs and Banjo- Kazooie (Rare Reunion)
-any combination of Master Chief, Snake, Samus or Doomguy
-Bowser, K. Rool and Dedede (3 trouble kings)
-Little Mac Vs Springman
-Mario and Sonic
-Pac Man and Game And Watch (maybe even Cranky Kong, we can start a gaming old folks home lol)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
There is one in every smash, like SamuxXSnake in Brawl... or SamusXCaptain Falcon in... dunno if it was meele or 64.
all of us are like, samus nosy bird aunts , whispering why she isnt married yet and trying to couple her with everyone...

Calling a Samus x Simon Belmont if the leak is real :4robinf: think of that offspring! the ultimate metroidvania!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah dude, look at our smashboards join dates... We've been at this for a couple games now xD
Ancient elder tier smash speculators haha, back then I was on another smash forum under the username "little mac" for a while before finally giving in and joining here because this site was so much better. I dont even recall the name of that first site now..

Sorry for being ignorant but the vergeban leak is just mentioning the characters that will be revealed at E3 and not the entire roster, right?
its not clear when they will be revealed but he is not claiming to know the full roster, i think its a good bet if he is right it is E3 info though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She is used to hang out with bigger boys, hanging out with someone that is not the size of a T-Rex would be something new for her.
Well she has mocked Mac for his height last game, and saw very little of him in Brawl...she’s probably gonna hold a tad bit of a grudge for being disrespected by a newcomer turned vet

I’ve only shipped Samus with top tier men/women like :4bayonetta::4palutena::4pit:...and some got her with:4pikachu:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Also gimme Sonic doing his usual antics to distract and piss off a villain/boss while the rest of his group prepares a plan of attack or something. I just really want Sonic to have more screentime than in Brawl and to do what he does best.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Probably in both, but I've always been a Captain Falcon X Jigglypuff kind of guy.
Yanowhatameen?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Has Vergeben said if he knows more of the roster besides what he shared? Or are the "big 4" the only ones he knows about?
According to him, everything he told us is what he currently knows. That is why he couldn't tell if the imgur leak was fake or not.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ancient elder tier smash speculators haha, back then I was on another smash forum under the username "little mac" for a while before finally giving in and joining here because this site was so much better. I dont even recall the name of that first site now..
My old tag here used to be 'Samusrules93', back before I came up with this tag haha. I have since been using Phaazoid everywhere online so I bought Premium here to change it in the Sm4sh speculation era xD

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The big and popular ship this game is going to be spawned by Sakurai himself pairing Wario and Ridley together because he decided that the game's story needed more romance, watch as it happens.

YES! This!

If Scorpion ever gets in Smash, that's what Kirby should do with Scorpion's spear. Spear followed by a blood splattering uppercut (or it could be "sweaty" just like the original SNES port).

Assuming Nintendo actually lets Scorpion keep the blood splattering violence in Smash, which characters would have red, green, or black blood?

Sweat (Nintendo-friendly)
:4falcon::4dedede::4darkpit::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::popo::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4mewtwo::4miif::4mii::4ness::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::pichumelee::4pikachu::4pit::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4feroy::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villagerf::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4wiifitm::wolf::younglinkmelee::4zelda::4zss::4wario2:
Dixie Kong, Geno & Mallow, Mimikyu, Samurai Goroh, Sora, Takamaru

Red
:4bayonetta::4cloud::4ryu::snake:
Scorpion, Simon Belmont

Green (like Reptile)
:4bowser::4charizard::4corrin::4corrinf::4ganondorf::4greninja::ivysaur::squirtle::4yoshi:
King K. Rool, Medusa, Ridley

Black (like Cyrax and Sektor)
:4bowserjr::4megaman::4metaknight::4gaw::4olimar::4rob::4samus::4alph::4wiremac:
Chorus Kids, Elma, Inkling, Porky
Not sure about any other character but if Dark Matter ever got in, I'm certain they would have red blood (even without Scorpion there, it'd likely be part of it's final smash) because there's two forms of it that canonically bleed red blood (Zero, Zero-Two) despite being in a Kirby game and it's a major part of the boss fight with Zero in Kirby's Dreamland 3 where it, I kid you not, cuts itself and hurls it's own blood to attack the player. Rated E for Everyone!

Zeox

Smash Champion
The big and popular ship this game is going to be spawned by Sakurai himself pairing Wario and Ridley together because he decided that the game's story needed more romance, watch as it happens.

Not sure about any other character but if Dark Matter ever got in, I'm certain they would have red blood (even without Scorpion there, it'd likely be part of it's final smash) because there's two forms of it that canonically bleed red blood (Zero, Zero-Two) despite being in a Kirby game and it's a major part of the boss fight with Zero in Kirby's Dreamland 3 where it, I kid you not, cuts itself and hurls it's own blood to attack the player. Rated E for Everyone!
And then he rips off his own eye in a very bloody way just as a desesperated way to kill you.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Going through the ESRB leak thread made me cringe and laugh at how foolish some of the reasons for it being fake were...ah good foolish people (though thanks to that leak, anything and everything can be faked)
I still remember i was Team Fake. Hahaha

Zeox

Smash Champion

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
He has only mentioned the 4 characters, minecraft content, and no cuts.
He's on the gamefaqs thread ATM basically restating he's certain Ridley is playable.
I know he's not saying anything new, but him doubling down on Ridley after the Konami confirmation is getting me all giddy. Literally can't wait for E3 just to get it over with and finally see the game, Ridley or not. (Lol I just realized that sounds like ready or not).

Even with the worst outcome of him being wrong, it's really helping me hype up next Tuesday :).

ACTUALLY with all of his certainty I wonder if he's seen convincing photos or videos. Would be interesting if he shared after the reveal.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Why don't we change things up and instead I'll do my Daily fake Leak of the Day with a Leak in Japanese that 4chan relayed that come from 2chan?

I leak that the character image list guy jumped on Emily Rogers was somehow got all correct.
Old veterans including ganondorf did not get any overhauls in the slightest so you better prepare for that.
The OP character for now is Takamaru. He is a long range samurai swordman with multiple projectiles just like in his original game. And he has a fairly good recovery about same as lucario in Brawl.
King K. Rool is in mid tier though his playing dead move is quite OP which makes him invincible for a short time with low ending lag.
Takamaru's voice actor is not Tomokazu Sugita but Toshihiko Seki.

I think the character image list person was an actual worker.
Akio Otsuka plays Samurai Goroh so he recorded new codec conversations too (he is the Japanese voice actor for Snake).
Elma's voice actor Houko Kuwashima has recordings too so there will be conversations with Kuwashima's characters from Metalgear too (she plays Mei Ling and the paramedic).

Nintendo's higher ups are involved with the roster of this smash.
They had meetings who to include or not to with various related parties including Sakurai.
Maybe there will be DLC for the considerations.
Maybe Takamaru's inclusion is not to represent retros but for the reboot Murasame castle in rumors.
There was a Smash 4 leak claims the inclusion of Chorus Men right? Sakurai was actually pushing for it but didn't make in. This time he got go from the higher ups.
Sakurai's favourite was Rex who can switch between Pyra for power and Mythra for speed. But the higher ups decided to include Elma instead.

Uh- pretty interesting to see that from all of the fake rumor discussed, it's ONLY the second one piggybacking the Riddler Leak.
But also interesting to see that it was posted in Japanese first on 2chan, and that the Riddler leak went all the way through them, and nice things they pointed out are the Codec coming back and that Elma's VA do play Ling for them-
But the Rex/Pyra discussion totally seal the deal and make it fake for me

But still 90% fake

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Why don't we change things up and instead I'll do my Daily fake Leak of the Day with a Leak in Japanese that 4chan relayed that come from 2chan?

Uh- pretty interesting to see that from all of the fake rumor discussed, it's ONLY the second one piggybacking the Riddler Leak.
But also interesting to see that it was posted in Japanese first on 2chan, and that the Riddler leak went all the way through them, and nice things they pointed out are the Codec coming back and that Elma's VA do play Ling for them-

But still 90% fake
While it is interesting, and I havent discredited the imgr leak myself (its as up in the air as ever in my opinion), keep in mind just cause its from japan doesnt up its credibility, people fake leaks all over the world. its what brings us all together.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
While it is interesting, and I havent discredited the imgr leak myself (its as up in the air as ever in my opinion), keep in mind just cause its from japan doesnt up its credibility, people fake leaks all over the world. its what brings us all together.
Yup- that's true. I just find interesting that the imgur leak made its way over there lmao

Zeox

Smash Champion

But still 90% fake
Yeah, the rex/pyra pretty much screams fake to me.
At least the guy put work on it, talking about voice actors and how characters play, i give him that.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

But still 90% fake
"Sakurai's favourite was Rex who can switch between Pyra for power and Mythra for speed. But the higher ups decided to include Elma instead."

...What? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Why in the world would the "higher ups" want a character from a niche game on an unsuccessful console with no future instead of character(s) from an upcoming game on a new console that had a lot riding on it at the time?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
"Sakurai's favourite was Rex who can switch between Pyra for power and Mythra for speed. But the higher ups decided to include Elma instead."

...What? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Why in the world would the "higher ups" want a character from a niche game on an unsuccessful console with no future instead of character(s) from an upcoming game on a new console that had a lot riding on it at the time?

Doesn't make sense to me.
Not to play the devil advocate but Xenoblades X sold pretty well for a Wii U game.
And when the Roster was made, Xenoblade 2 was still in development and they had 0 idea of the Switch's success.

They probably wanted a character people were familiar with.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Yup- that's true. I just find interesting that the imgur leak made its way over there lmao
Here is an example of a Japanese "leak".
https://twitter.com/gonzarez1938/status/980247326357770240
Translation...
gonzarez1938 said:
新作スマブラのフィギュアの一部リーク画像発見した!!! (I have found some leaked images of the figures of the new SSBB!!!)
But they later admitted it was just a joke in a follow-up tweet when someone asked.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What irritates me about these leaks is the logic people use. "Well, he's really banking on this leak, so if it's fake, people are gonna be really pissed at him and he'll lose credibility" - If a leaker is making a fake leak, they 100% DO NOT CARE about their reputation. They won't be bummed out that people are mad at them, they specifically want that reaction. I've seen it on that gamefaqs post and on this forum, and I just wish we could move away from that line of thought.

What IS nice about the Vergeben leak is that it's not a random anonymous person saying stuff. It's someone who has been wrong in the past, but has also predicted stuff pretty accurately. So that is why, in my opinion, this leak has *slightly* more credibility than other random leaks. NOT because he's telling the truth so that people don't get mad at him.

Edit: Regarding the "Nekoo" posted leak: Anytime someone says "And the higher ups decided x" is lying. I'll bet a million shoes on it. Anyone who had that info 100% would not leak that.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not to play the devil advocate but Xenoblades X sold pretty well for a Wii U game.
And when the Roster was made, Xenoblade 2 was still in development and they had 0 idea of the Switch's success.

They probably wanted a character people were familiar with.
Still, if they knew the Wii U was dead, and if they knew that XC2 would be released before Smash Switch, then I don't understand what they thought they could gain by adding Elma.

I can see Sakurai being an advocate for both Rex/Pyra and Elma, but I don't see why the higher ups would favor Elma.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Here is an example of a Japanese "leak".
https://twitter.com/gonzarez1938/status/980247326357770240
Translation...
But they later admitted it was just a joke in a follow-up tweet when someone asked.
That's what make this leak interesting too.
*** usually do joke leak for smash, going as far as asking for real life Wrestler in smash and weird oddities lmao.

Talking about tiers in an unreleased game.
This. So much this.

Are there really higher-ups responsible for choosing newcomer decisions? I thought Sakurai was in full control? Something feels off.
Yeah feels weird- but maybe it also link with Stealth tweet saying how Sakurai went to talk to a lot of Third Parties developer?

What irritates me about these leaks is the logic people use. "Well, he's really banking on this leak, so if it's fake, people are gonna be really pissed at him and he'll lose credibility" - If a leaker is making a fake leak, they 100% DO NOT CARE about their reputation. They won't be bummed out that people are mad at them, they specifically want that reaction. I've seen it on that gamefaqs post and on this forum, and I just wish we could move away from that line of thought.

What IS nice about the Vergeben leak is that it's not a random anonymous person saying stuff. It's someone who has been wrong in the past, but has also predicted stuff pretty accurately. So that is why, in my opinion, this leak has *slightly* more credibility than other random leaks. NOT because he's telling the truth so that people don't get mad at him.

Edit: Regarding the "Nekoo" posted leak: Anytime someone says "And the higher ups decided x" is lying. I'll bet a million shoes on it. Anyone who had that info 100% would not leak that.
That's true.
Also let's add that he at least went banko and talked directly unlike the ResetEra mods.

This is why I fail to take them into consideration.

Either say what you know or shut the **** up with your vague bs.

Still, if they knew the Wii U was dead, and if they knew that XC2 would be released before Smash Switch, then I don't understand what they thought they could gain by adding Elma.
By that Logic we wouldn't have gotten any DLC for Smash U since it was obvious that the console was dead.
Sakurai wouldn't Release ****inh Cloud Strife and Ryu on that dead console. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom