• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Any reason to believe this guy?
Dresamcastguy is very genuine, knows tons of developers and people in the industry, he's definitely not the type to make up stuff. It's still far from assured, but Vergeben and him both claiming Microsoft is involved with Smash means something is most likely up.

Wait, that was supposed to be a "leak"? I interpreted it as it semi-professional speculation.

I would assume he was talking about his contacts, not 100% sure though.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
So here's a weird question. Out of the four + DLC finale characters, which is your favourite in terms of being the final character unlocked/added.

64: Ness(he was the hardest to unlock so I chose him as this)
Melee: Mr. Game & Watch
Brawl: Wolf
Base 4: Duck Hunt Duo
4 DLC: Bayonetta

Gotta go with Bayonetta mainly because of the sheer WTF factor and the barriers being even more broken when it comes to 3rd Party characters now.
Wolf. Out of all 5 of those characters, Wolf is the only one I played as regularly. I also want him back.

Personally, I feel Cloud was the one who busted through that 3rd party barrier and reduced it to rubble, but I understand what you're saying.

Edit: Maybe I can delve further into this ideas of barrier busting.

Snake cracked the wall, proving that 3rd parties were possible.

Sonic left a hole. Mega Man and Pac-Man followed through that hole.

Ryu blew through the hole to the size of a truck like

Cloud decimated the entire barrier like

Bayonetta just kinda walked through it like

I don't feel she particularly did anything noteworthy in those regards, and especially not on her own coming from this side of the Ballot.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Wolf. Out of all 5 of those characters, Wolf is the only one I played as regularly. I also want him back.

Personally, I feel Cloud was the one who busted through that 3rd party barrier and reduced it to rubble, but I understand what you're saying.

Edit: Maybe I can delve further into this ideas of barrier busting.

Snake cracked the wall, proving that 3rd parties were possible.

Sonic left a hole. Mega Man and Pac-Man followed through that hole.

Ryu blew through the hole to the size of a truck like

Cloud decimated the entire barrier like

Bayonetta just kinda walked through it like

I don't feel she particularly did anything noteworthy in those regards, and especially not on her own coming from this side of the Ballot.

But that's just my opinion.
Well, she did defenestrate the maturity barrier that people took note of. I mean look at her in her base games; sexy poses, being naked a majority of the time, most of the cast being well-known for foul language...
But yeah, she didn't have much of an effect when it comes to third-party representation. Still fun to play, though.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Well, she did defenestrate the maturity barrier that people took note of. I mean look at her in her base games; sexy poses, being naked a majority of the time, most of the cast being well-known for foul language...
But yeah, she didn't have much of an effect when it comes to third-party representation. Still fun to play, though.
As far as the maturity barrier goes, Bayonetta did deal with it in a fashion that was woefully obvious to all present. Which is in line with her character. But she's not the first M-rated character in Smash.

Snake had already eliminated that barrier a long time ago, but no one really noticed because he's stealthy like that.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So here's a weird question. Out of the four + DLC finale characters, which is your favourite in terms of being the final character unlocked/added.

64: Ness(he was the hardest to unlock so I chose him as this)
Melee: Mr. Game & Watch
Brawl: Wolf
Base 4: Duck Hunt Duo
4 DLC: Bayonetta

Gotta go with Bayonetta mainly because of the sheer WTF factor and the barriers being even more broken when it comes to 3rd Party characters now.
She didn't break any barriers because Nintendo basically own her. I doubt we'll get any other 3rd parties like her.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
In just a few minutes where I live we'll be down to the single digits in terms of days 'til E3. How do you guys plan on boosting the wait? I just got Tropical Freeze, so that game will be keeping me busy 'til then, plus I still have to register for my fall semester, try and sign up for a job, and break through my writer's block.
I have exams to study for and my final one is at 1pm and the Nintendo Presentation is at 2am. I'll try to get to bed early, set an alarm, watch it and then go back to sleep.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Bayonetta felt more like a result of Nintendo's vested interests in the franchise as kinda-Nintendo exclusive than a third party superstar. I don't play Platinum games but I don't play Street Fighter or Final Fantasy either. SF and FF are definitely huge franchises, so I can get the impact of Ryu and Cloud being in.

Bayonetta... is the sort of game Nintendo pays to have made to broaden their appeal. Like Fire Emblem before Awakening, or Monolith Soft in general.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo doesn't own Bayonetta any more than any other third party.

Don't mistake individual games for franchise rights.

She's 100% owned by Sega.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
"Breaking maturity barriers" I feel that violates SB rules and guidelines...
Now I'm curious.

What exactly are you imagining with "breaking maturity barriers"? :p

>Remembers that Snake comes from a primarily stealth-driven series<

Yeah, that kind of influence is kind of easy to forget, especially since it's been a whole pecking decade since Brawl.
It's been so long since Brawl, I'd not be surprised that if Snake returns, he'd go from this:

to having this happen:

but I'd prefer the younger one be present.

But hey, nothing stopped Ike from aging. Who's to stop Snake?

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Nintendo doesn't own Bayonetta any more than any other third party.

Don't mistake individual games for franchise rights.

She's 100% owned by Sega.
Nintendo may not own Bayonetta, but Nintendo is most certainly the company the gave her a pick-me-up.

Considering both Bayonetta 2 and 3 were only possible due to Nintendo's publishing and money, saying that she's somewhat of an honorary Nintendo character isn't much of a stretch.
Even if she is still technically owned by Platinum Games and SEGA.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is there a way to change how wide the message section is? It's a bit too wide on my display as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is my signature broken too?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edit. Everything is broken.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I don't like how signatures aren't separated from the body of posts anymore, and how the character art in the bg is full color :/

also what happened to my sapphire theme? D:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is my signature broken too?
Yours is, mine isn't so it's not a universal thing.

Also, it doesn't seem to post immediately, so sorry for the multiple posts.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also, where's the advanced post option gone?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah. It feels like it takes 27 years to post. It's kinda ridiculous.
I figured it out, it posts just fine on the server end but the user end is left with a loading screen and the message still there, hence all the double posting.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think its safe to assume that some things are going to be broken for a little bit. Its a new system and we can't expect a big transfer like this to go flawlessly. For the time being, we can still talk and stuff, so let's not worry so much about signatures. I'm sure admins will keep us updated on features and important bugs anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm glad it's not just me who's having post lag.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We're back! I think it looks good overall.

Edit: I haven't had post lag. Also, why are only a few character icons in my sig broken?

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Well, I decided to check in on the site, and I have to be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with this new layout. I've seen other forums perform nearly this exact stylistic transition, and the whole look is very unappealing to me; everything seems plainly too simplistic. Therefore, I had hoped SmashBoards would get a different aesthetic, but I suppose it's just an unavoidable part of the forum software.

I am familiar with the post lag, however. I've had plenty of experience with bad connections :p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't worry, the moderation will take care of random double posts. This is normal for new forums and all.

Don't be afraid to report any issues and such. We'll keep an eye on it. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So has there been any leaks right now considering that today is suppose to be the start of that or something.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't worry, the moderation will take care of random double posts. This is normal for new forums and all.

Don't be afraid to report any issues and such. We'll keep an eye on it. Thank you for your cooperation. :)
I've noticed that if I try to fix my signature myself I get an error. Is that something else anyone else has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom