• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

FrostByte

Smash Lord
unlucky for choking frost.
It's all good, I think I've hit my peak and don't really see myself improving much unless I start practicing again, but I've been busy these days and am not always able to travel. My movement is kinda sloppy these days and needs some serious tuning.

Loved the banter though. VA is improving a lot since I played him last, though your Fox isn't as intimidating as prof's or fuzzy's for example. It might be a London thing. All I think you need is a bit of fear now because I notice you sometimes throw out attacks when they don't have a chance of hitting and leaving yourself open. You did it a lot with peaches dsmash, in both cases where prof just waited a while to uair you and I just kept spamming Marth's fair. It kinda reminds me of Chrisboi

Prof should've won IMO because Fuzzy apparently mains Falcon and shoule never play Falco in his life ever again. My advise would be to have a better aerial game with fox against Marth because Marth pretty much dominates on the ground. Double jump fakes and stuff like that it's always good to mix it up. I kept tipping you when you tried to dash away. Also gj switching to a tv with no sound so I can't hear if you're gonna illusion or firefox back on stage. I'm getting my £2 back. IMO.

Charles, your Falco was actually **** and you're probably going to main him until you get ***** and switch to another character. Nothing much to say here except nobody wants to see your Jiggs in a grand final Match.

I didn't get to play Chrisboi yesterday, though I guess that goes to his advantage. Edwin would most def have ***** if he came but I guess it was a triple choc flake Ice cream with strawberry sauce and sprinkles on top.

Bad luck to synapse getting taken out by both Marths

GGs Dash, I think you should stick with ICs because we don't have any in the UK any more and that is a big advantage. They're coming on well and you just need to work on chain grabs. There were times where you could've taken stocks off me if you just got the timing right.

I know I'm forgetting a few ppl but good games to everyone I played.

Hoping to have great amounts of banter next ranbat as I probably won't be attending the southhampton tourney, though I might be around if anyone around London is hosting.

Peace out for a while...

JJfox

Smash Cadet
JIIII-gaaaaa-leeeeeee-eeeee-puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuff Jigaaaaaa-leeeee-eeeee-eeee-puuuuuf Jig-allllleeeeee-pufffffff Jig-a-leeeeee

Good times Fuzz. Nicely done by Tamoo and Fuzz representing the Jiggz.

Nice matches Nessy and MetroidFan in doubles was fun gently ****** you :D
And it was fun playing doubles with...erm...dude with long hair and other dude with short hair who played peach and jiggs. Sorry I don't remember your name I barely looked at your face (So ugly)

Next time we need a louder microphone. I wanted to show off my talent.
Thanks fuzz for the organising of these evens, without you there would be less :D

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol who cares, you lied to EVERYONE saying there was no tournament so now we all know that you are a LOSER!!
Looool. Like I said at the expo, there wasn't a tournament originally someone set one up (tourney mode is for pros + wildfire was hosting a DDR tourney). I was told Brawl wasn't even there originally. Also, who else was even planning to go the expo? I was told by wildfire to tell people there was no Brawl tourney on Monday. So it's not my fault. :dizzy:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I seem to feature in most of the highlights of this? Maybe I'm better that you thought...?
this might provide some insight

Professor Pro in real life said:
Look, my hands are shaking, I've never felt like this before. I was actually really really nervous... but I'm not gonna say that on the boards!

Kasper!

Smash Lord
ok shoutouts

but before that i was reading though and saw some blaze bars lool too goodz

anywayz

Kira! - Oh come now i know you aint serious, ****** dese n*****s again man damm legit!!! lol

Calzorz - unlucky about having to face me again so soon, what is up with these brackets. Fricken ***** my wario was great to see you again and hope to play you again soon

Trio3 - 2-0 in friendlies ah man looool oh well maybe next time, was great to see you again :)

Jmiller - OMD I thought i was gonna get knocked out in the first round, best luigi in the UK without a doubt!!! was great to see you again

Fuzzy - Good **** on winning melee and your R.O.B is too goodz, LOL at that kill on rainbow ride haha xD. Thanks for hosting and it was great to see you :)

Cong - We had some nice diddy kong dittos!!! thanks for that. (NEVER AGAIN WILL MY ICE CLIMBERS PLAY YOUR DIDDY ON FINAL DESTINATION NEVER AGAIN YOU HEAR ME :p)

Ixis - Wow you knocked trio into loserz i was honestly like WTF lol, had some nice discussions and laughs. WAS DEFINETLY GREAT SEEING YOU!!!!!

Auro - Yoshi!!!!!!!!!!!! shame you didnt do well with him this time. However i know yoshi's time will come.

How4u - Was great seeing you there and i know you wanna go falco ^_^

Warning - Snake !!!!!!!! and omd i gotta face your falcon on melee, MOONWALK TO GRAB TECH CHASES LOL)

Jimmy - WHY IS IT ALWAYS YOUR FAULT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Siri - Omd you are just ridiculous with your main, finding out shiz. we also has some good games and was great to see you again

V26 - Now your one guy i didnt get to talk to much for some reason, soz about that we'll get some matches in :) was great to see you again

Rev - Damm this ranbat was the first time that i had met you and WAS GREAT SEEING YOU (COUGH, I THINK SOMEONE OWES SOMEONE AN APOLOGY ISNT THAT RIGHT MAKO)

KillerJawz - LOL change to peach no one cares about samus lol, jks good games man . Your samus has potential.

Cloudrain - Was nice to meet you again, shame we didnt get any games in man. Next time :)

Mako - Where you at you chump, we needed to see some flat characters and number 9s MAYBE NEXT TIME EH??

Blaze - WHY NO APPERANCE!!! I wanted to see blaze one last time in person for the year and my wish wasnt granted :(

ShadowTactics - I can barely remember you man, i didnt speak to you much nor did i see your face plenty of times, ah man my memory is fading !! maybe next time

Willz - soz about accusing man, guess i jumped the gun abit ........ Bang!

Yeniths - a shame that you didnt come unlucky man

Top Cat - Was great seeing you again, hope you had fun at the expo as well as at the ranbat :)

Prof - tut tut tut you said win brawl and i told you to win melee, THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was great to see you again. btw i got revenge for you when fuzzy made you die at the top of rainbow cruise at the last ranbat before this

Crisboi - Was great seeing you again ;) and if brawl is to boring y watch it lol, lol crisboi is just too funny :laugh: was great to see you again

Va - VA VA VA VA VA VA VA good shiz on your placing it was nice to finally meet you

jjLinyard - nice games man, your fox is nice almost like looking at sex on heels loooool was great to see you again

jjFox - I love you man :) shame we didnt get any games in though

Alex - this is the second time ive had to face you (your falcon got way better than last time) was great playing thanks for the games :)

Other members of linyard's crew - Was nice meeting you guys

King - Sick link first time ive played someone so skilled with a low tier in melee :) i had fun. Thanks again and was great to see you again

Deathgazer - OMD Im your apprentice LMFAO your movement on melee is just downright disgusting How the frick do you do all that shiz??!?!?

Sorry if ive missed people out :confused:

VA

Smash Hero
lol @ comparing me to chrisboi frost. I did that dsmash thing where i get out waited twice out of nervousness. I mean you have to know that I'm a player who suffers badly from nerves by now but I'm proud of myself for getting where I did despite being **** scared of losing to you and having a heartbeat that I could hear in my ears throughout our set.

I think this tournament will really help me to get over my nerves. Fox is tough for me to use in tournament because when my mind goes a bit blank then I get really ****ing stupid with him. Phantom hits is going to be something new, I will be practicing peach (which I NEVER do) and getting awfully consistent with her.

VA

Smash Hero
I would not use peach on you, I'm not scared of falcon or falco ;)

Had I have made it to grand finals I would have gone fox.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

Fuzzy: Awesome tournament, awesome jiggs, well done in both melee and brawl man

Prof: good games in the bracket, shame bout not getting the mm done. **** your good on gay stages lol, im just happy I got a game off of ya, and how the **** do you shinespike jiggs so consistently?!

VA: Nice to see ya again after so long, I think we would’ve gone close if you went all fox but your peach just gave me no chance lol :s

Chrisboi: lol u got gayed, I probs should’ve lost both matches but you let your guard for a sec gainst jiggs, your gonna get punished.

Kman: Of all the matches I won in bracket, yours was BY FAR the hardest, you need to groundfloat arials oos because that would’ve punished sooo many of my approaches.

Kira: Great to see you playing melee, and well done in brawl, esp considering how long you’ve been out. Your falco was rather unique, id work on him if I were you, has plenty of potential.

Almas: Good to finally see you man, if ur interested in joining a crew at any point, your already round most of my crew so just say if you want in k.

J3ly: Thanks a lot for housing man, and very good to see your Mario go very close with kman, counterpicking brinstar lol gainst a peach? Thank god it worked for you lol.

Deathgazer: ****ing hell you’ve gotten a lot better, and more consistent which is important. Well done on placing well.

L-J: You def didn’t deserve the placement you got, you got seriously bracket gayed man. Well played in the mm (cept for the last match ofc lool, gayest 4stock ever lol).

Frostbyte: We didnt get to play :( i def wanna get some matches with you sometime.

JJL: Im still having troubles vs ur fox as jiggs, ill probs just go marth against you in tournament lol.

Duncan: pichu’s uair = falco’s dair!!!! News to me lol.

Gants + LD: Cheers for training me, deathgazer and j3ly night b4, couldn’t have done it without you guys ;)

Ixis: Where’s my match!?

Brawlers: Sorry bout not entering but there’s no god**** cash machine near the venue, next time, next time.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
shoutouts:

fuzzy: Good **** as always man without you the community would be dead!! GG's gay that i got you second round but i think i may have given you a bit of a scare in our second match :p

prof: learn to play vs jiggz so you can stop getting ***** by fuzz :)

kira: good **** man simply put.

Deathgazer: hell alot of improvement, you got the meta game going along with your extreme tech skill made playing you very hard cos 1 mistake means well 60% damage straight lol good ****.

Tamoo: fox vs jiggz can go either way between us i think love them matches, **** your marth tho, i need marth practise with fox =/ i wanna play ur marth with my falco i reckon i cud take it that way :p

Gants: Where you at?????

Dash: good games bro, but common slipping losing to my marth :p

Unreal: i fink we played a couple friendlies nice switch from marth to falco, your getting pretty good :)

Kman25

Smash Ace
Good tournament, Made me realise that everyone else is getting better and Im getting worse lol. So yeah Im gonna start training when I get the time, Kinda hard when Im busy with my final year of Uni, But it will be done!

Shoutouts:

Chrisboi: You suck donkey balls. Nah Im joking good games man, Just goes to show that your Marth is more consistent then mine, and if you do come Southampton, Watch yourself, Ill take you out.

Pro: I still owe you money! Ill give it to you when I next see you. Congrats on the ****

Frost: Its unfortunate you got knocked out a bit early, Didnt really see what happened with the match, I just heard it was to do with shines.

Tamoo: Good game man, Tbh didnt really wanna face you this tourny, I hate Jiggs with a passion lol. But Ive seen my mistakes, My out of shield stuff is quite poor, but Ill learn for next time.

J3ly: You beat me on Brinstar lol. Good games tho, Love your Mario, Seeing it makes me wanna play Doc again.

Deathgazer: Your mindgames have improved most defo. Got ***** on certain stocks lol. And thanks for that practice session of tech skill on the spacies, Soon as I got home I practiced!

Synapse: Need moar training aginst Marth!

Nino: You took a round off me, Gonna beat you when I get home.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Also I might host on Friday at my place in Uni. Cant accept too many people. Ill post later how many people can come. But yeah lemme know if your interested.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
saturday showed me how out of practise i am but i guess that wat i get 4 not gettin out n playin smashers round the midlands lol

since every1 knws how lazy my shout outs r they knw that im just gonna say the usually wit a few exception

Usual
gr8 games every1 nice c ppl n playin smash really enjoyed it

Exceptions

Kira - gd games man shld of gone link in the first match but i had been up since 5am n thought let try my falco keep up the gd work

j3ly - OMG u've improved so much man cnt wait 2 play u again at my best =] ur mario combos so well n u hve readin ppl dwn. u notice when i changed my link style n kept up wit it gd games man we need 2 jam over christmas =]

V.A - nice cing u again we had sum gd games still lovin how amazin u r at the game

Prof - i won that first match we played =] my link beat ur fox so happy bout that but then u came bac n ***** on FD =[ although it was close

Deathgazer - we shld of had sum more games likin ur falco alot man

2 every1 who didn't get an exception mention sorry but i was really tired that day if i can make it 2 the nxt 1 i will n hopefully ill b up 2 my normal standard lol

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
WTF looool I NEVER SAID THAT!!!:confused::bee:

You're some major prick who I am gonna *** up hard.
looooooooooooooool you're right that never happened.

Also this comment made me laugh hard :)

Professor Pro ALMOST LOSES 3-0 to VANITY ANGEL. In the winners bracket I beat VA's fox 2-0, first match 2 stock second match 1 stock I think.
Then when I got sent to the losers by missing the easiest shine spike against Fuzzyness. VA went ALL peach this time due to the last matches and was 2-0 up and had 2 stocks and a lower percentage them me on battlefield while I was on 1 STOCK!!! He literally was going to win, but then I looked into my TC's eyes and my crew members and realized I AM OOC then I won the match, then he took me Brinstar and I won, and then he took me FoD and I won.
They were really close matches though, too intense for my liking lol.
Was really good playing you VA.
its shocking when you think about it
lool

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
this might be random but can someone upload links to how to play the fox match-up against peach and marth please.

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
2nd time attendin guess that means i can do some shoutouts

morph- glad to see other newcomers, keep it up

rev- 2 gr8 matches cant wait to face ur luigi again when ur controller isnt messed up

killerjaws- OMG samus on zero suit was so sexy lol z-air is the new SideB. Hope 2 get some future
matches

Jihad- cool 2 see ya again man your lucario has really developed

Trio3- Amazing marth! wanted to get in some friendlys but u were too busy taking ppls monies lol

Fuzzy- Thanks for sending me 2 the losers bracket <___< jk'in looking forward to a rematch gr8 event!

Harlex- nice olimarth

kira!- Can u remember my **** name? its 1 letter and 1 number, rather not b called "xleague MK guy" lol epic finals were epic

Hoe4u- your olimar and that fetch grab lol, very cool friendlys

Cong- DK and zss do not get along in tag teams :p

Jmiller,Siri,Cloud and v26- cool guys hope to get some friendlys with u next time

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
was once called "L L L P 3 L L L" aloud, which sounded so ********. guy didnt relised the l's where used 2 fill up space

Anyone else feel like it was 70:30 melee to brawl players? or was that due to lack of wiis

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
pdot pro reppin with his technical fox
murkin the scene its a lot, its a lot
unreal improvin bare its a straight up shock
if only unreal didnt like ****..

fuzzyness..he may be gay
he may talk a lot and never get laid
he might be dumb yet act like hes all knowing
hold up..wait..i forget where i was going
oh yeah he may be all of the above
but that ***** runs the community, so *****s show him love!

theres willz who acts bad online
but in real life hes all nice and kind
lies about expo so he can win the prize
i wouldve done the same, man give me five!

dooan who comes here actin like the popo
shud stick to his scene b4 i snap like photo
commin down to london? *****es must be loco
sayin theyl place top? that ****s funny
cuz everyone knows we jus take ur money!

blazin daily freestyle, you could be mentioned TOMOROW!

Top Bottom